World linkings 28/12/2018. Are they happening on this date??

Mouldie.2851

I've heard the linking will be put back due to the holiday season. If this is the case how would people feel if it was brought forward instead?

The server I play on has been linked with the same server twice in a row now, the t/chat is toxic with both servers basically hating each other.

The analysis required for relinking is certainly done sometime before the links change. At worst, they only double-check the data to make sure nothing happened recently to change the choices (and I'm sure that hardly ever happens). Consequently, there's nothing special about the 28th to rule it out.

I think what's more likely is that a relinking happens and someone forgets to post that change in the forums or reddit.

If anything it should be a week early. You have at least 1 server in an untenable situation and leaving them in that situation for an extra week is not fair.

@Dayra.7405 said:Do you think its still manual?

I would have programmed it after the first time as well as the used analytics ;)

If it was automatic they could move it to being done monthly but they still claim they can't due to the workload.

@Visiroth.5914 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Consequently, there's nothing special about the 28th to rule it out.

Pretty sure they've stated that their offices close during the holidays. Incidentally, re-links were on the 22nd last year.

Except, as noted, the relinkings can happen without them being in the office. The only thing they need to be around for is making the announcement.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Consequently, there's nothing special about the 28th to rule it out.

Pretty sure they've stated that their offices close during the holidays. Incidentally, re-links were on the 22nd last year.

Except, as noted, the relinkings can happen without them being in the office. The only thing they need to be around for is making the announcement.

So why haven't they ever done server re links on the holidays(unless i'm mistaken)? usually it's before or after.

they should experiment with reducing the time between relinks to maybe 4 or 5weeks. If people continue to bandwagon, then that's more money for Anet, which hopefully goes to working on the alliance system, which will hopefully be implemented some time in the next two years... hopefully.

Archived