Do you name your mounts?

My very first raptor, the base skin, was named Winston. When I got my first raptor reskin, that one got named Nigel. (Don't ask me why, no idea. It just seemed right.)

Going through my alts, a lot of the mounts have names that I recall whenever they get used. None of my beetles are named (too new?) or jackals (rarely use them) and few of the skimmers. More of my raptors and griffons are named. A lot of the names deal directly with their colors (Blue Bunny, Redbird, Black Jack) or with the mounts' special effects. (Brontius, Sparky, Bubbles.) Some are more complexly determined names, such as Dobie for the Elonian Jackrabbit colored like a Doberman Pinscher, or Cornelius for the silver-and-gold Starscale raptor. (Named after Yukon Cornelius, the silver and gold prospector in the classic Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer special.)

How about yours?

I gave a name to each of the mounts, but not to each skin. Partially because it becomes too much for me to keep track of, partially because I feel like it's applying an effect to the one animal rather than getting a seperate one.

Raptor: BiteySpringer: TotoroSkimmer: ManauriJackal: LinkGriffon: WillowBeetle: Still unnamed.

@Jura.2170 said:

Springer: Totoro

Mount skin pleaseand roars too when idle ^^

Yes!

I called him that because the default springer's face kind-of reminded me of Totoro, but I'd love and even more similar skin. (Or a new mount.) Might be tricky with copyright though, hard to make something which looks enough like Totoro to be recognisable without being accused of IP theft.

Archived