Let's imagine GW2 had more than 5 races. What would your characters be named?

Cerioth.7062

If GW2 had more than 5 races, for example hylek, skritt, kodan, tengu, quaggan and so on, what would your characters be named? Let's pretend that your name would be available even if it is taken already. Would you have lore-friendly names, witty names or silly names? Tell us your examples!

@"Cerioth.7062" said:If GW2 had more than 5 races, for example hylek, skritt, kodan, tengu, quaggan and so on, what would your characters be named? Let's pretend that your name would be available even if it is taken already. Would you have lore-friendly names, witty names or silly names? Tell us your examples!

Well, given that I called a SWTOR character "Be-bop'alula" (victim of me creating a character while there was a song brain-worming in my head, poor thing), I don't think there's much chance of the names being lore-friendly.

Lest you doubt me, here's a screen-shot:HQjzY6A.jpg

I've often joked that I'm not making any more permanent characters until tengu are added, because then I can call him Seahawk and he'll be my 12th man. (Which is what the team call their fans.)

(No I don't live in Seattle, and I'm not an American football fan, but I do have friends who are big fans so apparently I have to like them too, and the mildly amusing joke no one else would get is appealing to me.)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@lokh.2695 said:New Race-Thread in disguise?

Nope actually. I dont expect a new race. But I am interested in hearing what kind of character name ideas people would have.Why would that be dependent on the number of races? It's not like we're limited to having one character per each race currently.

Because different races tend to inspire different kind of names

Gah, I still want at least proper Outfits for alternate-race options. (But with the head issue in old cutscenes, it'd be weirrrrd.) But, I've been craving characters specifically from names/concepts, and though we won't see new races, I hold out for it. :)Kodan: Bygone SummerTengu Necro: [something Japanese Canthan] Blackstanza

@Cerioth.7062 said:

Nope actually. I dont expect a new race. But I am interested in hearing what kind of character name ideas people would have.Why would that be dependent on the number of races? It's not like we're limited to having one character per each race currently.

You should have asked a different question then. Because what you have asked is how we'd have named our (already existing) characters if there were more than 5 races. And my answer is - the same as they are named now. No change whatsoever.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You should have asked a different question then. Because what you have asked is how we'd have named our (already existing) characters if there were more than 5 races. And my answer is - the same as they are named now. No change whatsoever.

I feel like you are misinterpreting my post then.

I think I had a Tengu name planned at one point, but I don't recall what it was (they were at least going to be a Guardian, but I've since made one). If something as difficult to handle as Centaur were ever made playable, I'd probably reuse a name from one of my personal (non-Guild Wars, that is) centaur characters. Other than that, I don't really have any plans, but I'd be happy to have an official reason to make them. :P

Archived