No reward for veterans, sad but true.

Sin.4130

Today's veterans played for their enjoyment: the big battles, the bickering with other comms about who is better, the sheer pleasure of defeating the enemy zerg through tactics. Wvw had no rewards, back then. Commanders even spent big amounts of gold for siege. Those veterans (those who stayed after the huge powercreep, that is), care primarily about quality fights (and thats why they bandwagon to the same server, lol) . Rewards such as pips are really something that comes with the endless hours of wvw. And veterans (people who have mithril or higher rank) get more pips, so in a way, Anet does favor them over New players.

First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.I played this game for over 6 years now and can remember when WvW rewards were utter crap, and you could spend entire nights raiding and never have to clean out your bags. You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

@X T D.6458 said:You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

Of course you can, and 99% of game in market do this. Progress is the most important thing in mmo. In GW2 I have got over 4k of useless world ability points, what is the point of this?

There was never any character progression in this game for WvW. It wasnt like DAoC where you could purchase realm abilities as you accrued ranks in RvR to help your team out.

GW2 is a rather dull affair, you can pick up some siege skills. Which is not the same as traiting new abilities such as DAoC had, they just make you better at karma training. Tbh I dont even look at those WvW skills, do I have them all at max, yes, with a lot of points left over doing nothing. But I could not tell you what they all do as they just arnt anything to get excited about.

Make an alt account at rank 0 and grind pips to diamond on it.I double doggie dare you.

~ Kovu

edit-

@X T D.6458 said:First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.You do realize the term doesn't just apply to those who've served in the military, right? It can apply to anyone who has a lot of experience with something, be it nuclear physics or an online computer game.

@"X T D.6458" said:First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.

I'm a veteran, and I can tell you, in all my life not once have I ever been insulted, or even thought negatively about non-military people using the term for whatever else it's appropriate for.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/veteran

@"X T D.6458" said:First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.I played this game for over 6 years now and can remember when WvW rewards were utter kitten, and you could spend entire nights raiding and never have to clean out your bags. You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

Insulting "actual veterans"Because only ppl that fought in an actual war are veterans, lel

Do you even know the definition?"A veteran (from Latin vetus, meaning "old")[1] is a person who has had long service or experience in a particular occupation or field."

And yesI am for better rewards for ppl that played when wvw was not worth a penny, even paid for playing it.

Archived