No reward for veterans, sad but true. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

No reward for veterans, sad but true.

Sin.4130Sin.4130 Member ✭✭

Gw2 dosen’t reward veterans at all. World ability points are useless, and after reaching cap it is just trash. Diablo 3, for example, has paragon level system – which is absolutely great, and I would like to see something in common here

Comments

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

You get more pips ;)

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

While he made the opening statement about rewards, he clearly is talking about all the useless mastery points and how there should be some kind of mastery tracks to dump them into for some gains like magic find/gold find.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.
    I played this game for over 6 years now and can remember when WvW rewards were utter kitten, and you could spend entire nights raiding and never have to clean out your bags. You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

BG

• Sin.4130Sin.4130 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2, 2019

@X T D.6458 said:
    You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

Of course you can, and 99% of game in market do this. Progress is the most important thing in mmo. In GW2 I have got over 4k of useless world ability points, what is the point of this?

• those cute little baggies that think they can get away is the only reward I need :-3

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

EotM Veterans?

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Chorazin.4107Chorazin.4107 Member ✭✭✭

There was never any character progression in this game for WvW. It wasnt like DAoC where you could purchase realm abilities as you accrued ranks in RvR to help your team out.

GW2 is a rather dull affair, you can pick up some siege skills. Which is not the same as traiting new abilities such as DAoC had, they just make you better at karma training. Tbh I dont even look at those WvW skills, do I have them all at max, yes, with a lot of points left over doing nothing. But I could not tell you what they all do as they just arnt anything to get excited about.

[lion] - [tRex] - [nâh]

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    those cute little baggies that think they can get away is the only reward I need :-3

I was surfing the forums wondering if I should play and you just inspired me to get back in and stamp some of those bags with a shiny Dragon Finisher.

• @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    those cute little baggies that think they can get away is the only reward I need :-3

I was surfing the forums wondering if I should play and you just inspired me to get back in and stamp some of those bags with a shiny Dragon Finisher.

nice. get em!

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

When you say Veterans I assume you mean Day 1 players like myself? (Launch day players til now)
    Well, I can tell you noone really cares for how long you've played. Hence why veteran players aren't given extra rewards until their birthday rolls around. (Yay; Dye packs!)

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@X T D.6458 said:
    First of all, please stop calling yourselves Veterans for playing a video game. It is insulting to people who are actually Veterans.
    I played this game for over 6 years now and can remember when WvW rewards were utter kitten, and you could spend entire nights raiding and never have to clean out your bags. You cant just make rewards so lopsided in favor of one part of the playerbase because they played it longer than someone else when another player who might be new is putting in just as much effort.

Insulting "actual veterans"
    Because only ppl that fought in an actual war are veterans, lel

Do you even know the definition?
    "A veteran (from Latin vetus, meaning "old")[1] is a person who has had long service or experience in a particular occupation or field."

And yes
    I am for better rewards for ppl that played when wvw was not worth a penny, even paid for playing it.

• All us veterans really want is for the Anet devs to do something with the gamemode and get wvw to what it should be. Give the rewards to the new players for all i care i just want a better wvw.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

All I want is a new game with a combat system as good as this one but a company that actually gives a s*** about it.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Trajan.4953 said:
    All I want is a new game with a combat system as good as this one but a company that actually gives a s*** about it.

Seems kind of harsh, but I can appreciate your frustration.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was cool.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

Tie custom legendary armor and weapon set directly to WvW level and badges. No crafting, no gathering... just pure WvW capping and killing. If this happened, the population in WvW would increase a ridiculous amount.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.