WvW content that can be soloed

GW Noob.6038

I want to get started in WvW but I don't have much time to devote to it ATM. As you well know, many of the activities in GW2 are on timers and I always try to do all the ones that I like....world bosses, treasure hunts in the Crystal Desert, etc.. That, plus the fact that I have to spend many hours farming mats each day, means that I have little time left over for other things. What are some good activities that I can do on my own that will help me to get exp toward my reward track? I need to be able to pop in, do the activity and pop back out again...throughout the day I usually have between 3-4 periods of 20 mins to one hour that I could do these activities. Thanks in advance, guy's!

Well, if all you care about is the reward track and not actually engaging that much in WvW, then you can take advantage that your participation does not decay while not in WvW, and just do the dailies that are soloable for those juicy reward track potions.

The dailies which are soloable (and it's preferable to do them in the most deserted map... desert borderland :P) are:

• guard slayer
  • monument capper
  • veteran creature slayer
  • camp capture
  • insignia spending (buy an honor insignia from your guild Hall and sell it back on the tp to make some small profit out of it)

If you actually like WvW, I'd suggest to just follow a tag for whatever amount of time you have and contribute to the zerg. Or if that's not to your liking but still want to contribute, then look at what roamers do.

Personally, the steady, no hassle, way of filling a reward track without caring to be part of WvW is by doing the easy dailies each day.

participation no longer decays outside of WvW and that is the only thing that matters to your reward track. however the first tick after entering you wont get anything from it. therefor it is better to stay longer in one go than just short mutiple times.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track#Increasing_Participationin that table you can see under participation period how long your participation will not decay after completing a task.you can do anything in WvW solo as long as you dont have any opponent. with opponents some tasks might take longer.the easier things you might do solo are disrupting the supply lines in taking camps and killing dolyaks aswell as flipping sentries.i wouldnt bother with solo siege until you have some WvW abilities to speed things up.

Repairing anything that is contested. Use as little supply as possible on each repair. SMC is particularly good for this. Just tap a repair on a wall come back in a few minutes and repeat.

Killing guards on pretty much anything. They give you WxP, keeps your ticks going and if someone from your side flips it later while you are on the map you will get credit.

Follow a tag... by far the most efficient WxP is zerging when your side has a full map.

Supply camp flipping is the best thing you can do solo.

You can use any class and build but for optimal performance, you should use a highly mobile class and build that is full glass Dps with cleave or aoe skills. This will allow you to move fast from camp to camp and flip fast. Also helps you to disengage from enemy roamers if you run into any and prefer not to fight.

Good wxp especially during off hours on outnumbered maps. And keeps your participation filled.

Supply camp flipping video here for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgv2PqHpi0

If you prefer more variety though, here is a video on the things you can do solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpD6hubUIPg

@Skotlex.7580 said:Well, if all you care about is the reward track and not actually engaging that much in WvW, then you can take advantage that your participation does not decay while not in WvW, and just do the dailies that are soloable for those juicy reward track potions.

The dailies which are soloable (and it's preferable to do them in the most deserted map... desert borderland :P) are:

• guard slayer
  • monument capper
  • veteran creature slayer
  • camp capture
  • insignia spending (buy an honor insignia from your guild Hall and sell it back on the tp to make some small profit out of it)

If you actually like WvW, I'd suggest to just follow a tag for whatever amount of time you have and contribute to the zerg. Or if that's not to your liking but still want to contribute, then look at what roamers do.

Personally, the steady, no hassle, way of filling a reward track without caring to be part of WvW is by doing the easy dailies each day.

I would add tower capturer to the soloable list. Find a T0, T1 tower, get a nearby camp, build cata and kill an NPC lord.

Also the daily to kill a few enemy players is not too bad either.

Before I ever got brave enough to go into Borderlands I would do Land Claimer, Big Spender, and Guard Killer on EotM. If the whole map isn't your color and you really want quick and easy you can always do those. Very low chance of running into other people since the map is ded ded ded.

Assuming you have Heart of Thorns, be sure to get the Permanent Portable Provisioner . You can do Big Spender from the comfort of your own inventory.

@Dawdler.8521 @Skotlex.7580 @MUDse.7623 @Straegen.2938 @EremiteAngel.9765 @LaGranse.8652 @Bigpapasmurf.5623 @Etterwyn.5263 A ton of good information here, guy's...thank you! I've been doing camps and guards for about an hour, or so, and already have 2,835/20,000 toward my goal! I have a couple of questions, though; First: why are the camp supervisors invulnerable? And second: where are the veteran creatures located...are they a random spawn (I was doing the desert map)?

@"GW Noob.6038" said:First: why are the camp supervisors invulnerable? And second: where are the veteran creatures located...are they a random spawn (I was doing the desert map)?

The new Supervisors and Lords get a buff called "Righteous Indignation" when the camp, tower or keep changes color. It lasts five minutes and makes them invulnerable. It was added to stop back-to-back flipping. Look for the blue icon under the NPCs name and mouseover it for the remaining duration, or mouse over the structure icon on the map.

On Desert BL the Vet Wurm is up on a plateau not far from Fire Keep, a little to the South. You can see the other wurms below it. The Warg is near the central, southern camp and the Harpy is on a very high plateau above Air Keep. The Veterans are actually easier to find and get to on Alpine, where the Wurm is just NW of Dreadfall Bay, the Harpy close to SE Camp along the zone wall by the water and the Warg just after the drop-down from the SW spawn point, on the way towards South Camp, very close to the vista on the rock.

All Veteran creatures have a ten minute spawn timer.

@Tiny Doom.4380 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:First: why are the camp supervisors invulnerable? And second: where are the veteran creatures located...are they a random spawn (I was doing the desert map)?

The new Supervisors and Lords get a buff called "Righteous Indignation" when the camp, tower or keep changes color. It lasts five minutes and makes them invulnerable. It was added to stop back-to-back flipping. Look for the blue icon under the NPCs name and mouseover it for the remaining duration, or mouse over the structure icon on the map.

On Desert BL the Vet Wurm is up on a plateau not far from Fire Keep, a little to the South. You can see the other wurms below it. The Warg is near the central, southern camp and the Harpy is on a very high plateau above Air Keep. The Veterans are actually easier to find and get to on Alpine, where the Wurm is just NW of Dreadfall Bay, the Harpy close to SE Camp along the zone wall by the water and the Warg just after the drop-down from the SW spawn point, on the way towards South Camp, very close to the vista on the rock.

All Veteran creatures have a ten minute spawn timer.

There are other veteran creatures but the ones listed by Tiny are the only ones that count.

Good luck @GW Noob.6038

@GW Noob.6038 said:I want to get started in WvW but I don't have much time to devote to it ATM. As you well know, many of the activities in GW2 are on timers and I always try to do all the ones that I like....world bosses, treasure hunts in the Crystal Desert, etc.. That, plus the fact that I have to spend many hours farming mats each day, means that I have little time left over for other things. What are some good activities that I can do on my own that will help me to get exp toward my reward track? I need to be able to pop in, do the activity and pop back out again...throughout the day I usually have between 3-4 periods of 20 mins to one hour that I could do these activities. Thanks in advance, guy's!

I'd say stay away from our gamemode if you don't want to actively participate in it :) We don't want PvE leechers in WvW :P

@"sarkysek.1085" said:I'd say stay away from our gamemode if you don't want to actively participate in it :) We don't want PvE leechers in WvW :P

HA! How is killing guards and taking control of camps "not participating"? Furthermore, how is soloing WvW content considered "leaching"? https://www.amazon.com/Homework-Building-Reading-Comprehension-Fluency/dp/0439616565/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=1AJV064S36LK8&keywords=reading+comprehension+grade+1&qid=1550518258&s=books&sprefix=reading%2Cstripbooks%2C160&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"sarkysek.1085" said:I'd say stay away from our gamemode if you don't want to actively participate in it :) We don't want PvE leechers in WvW :P

HA! How is killing guards and taking control of camps "not participating"? Furthermore, how is soloing WvW content considered "leaching"?

people who play to perform as good as they can for the match goal are very few as the mode is very unbalanced by population and doesnt reward winning. so most people in WvW do not participate efficiently towards the match goal, instead many have their own goals.now there is 2 things that might upset a selfproclaimed WvW player about a 'PvE player' , occupying slots on a full map that could be used by a 'better' player (mostly one that supports their own individual goal more) and if they feel like they have to carry you through a fight (wich only is an issue if you engage into close fights, wich you wouldnt do anyway if you would try to perform optimal for the match goal). so overall the 'PvE player' is leeching/not participating, if he is not supporting the individual goal of the 'WvW Player'. however he could doing so contribute much more to the match goal.

@MUDse.7623 said:so most people in WvW do not participate efficiently towards the match goal, instead many have their own goals.

This is the truth, in my case, at this particular point in time; I'm trying to get a Greatsword skin and the only reliable way to get it is by doing the 'Crystal Desert' reward track (I'm about half way there now and should have it latter on tomorrow). At any rate, this is something y'all need to take up with Anet...tell them to stop locking items that people want/need behind WvW/PvP content. Problem solved! :D

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:so most people in WvW do not participate efficiently towards the match goal, instead many have their own goals.

This is the truth, in my case, at this particular point in time; I'm trying to get a Greatsword skin and the only reliable way to get it is by doing the 'Crystal Desert' reward track (I'm about half way there now and should have it latter on tomorrow). At any rate, this is something y'all need to take up with Anet...tell them to stop locking items that people want/need behind WvW/PvP content. Problem solved! :D

You can get all the Crystal Desert skins from PvE.

@sarkysek.1085 said:You can get all the Crystal Desert skins from PvE.

Drops in PvE are random and entirely unreliable...in the Crystal Desert, for example, I fought every type of mob there is and only have about 40% of the Awakened skins. By doing the 'Crystal Desert' reward track I will have that particular skin by tomorrow afternoon.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

Drops in PvE are random and entirely unreliable...in the Crystal Desert, for example, I fought every type of mob there is and only have about 40% of the Awakened skins. By doing the 'Crystal Desert' reward track I will have that particular skin by tomorrow afternoon.

What skin is it? I can only think of the Elonian and Awakened Greatsword skins in the CD reward track, and I think both of those can be bought off the TP.

@idolin.2831 said:

What skin is it? I can only think of the Elonian and Awakened Greatsword skins in the CD reward track, and I think both of those can be bought off the TP.

The one I'm working on is the Awakened Greatsword...I bought the Awakened staff on the TP, but I've never seen the Greatsword there.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"sarkysek.1085" said:You can get all the Crystal Desert skins from PvE.

The one I'm working on is the Awakened Greatsword...I bought the Awakened staff on the TP, but I've never seen the Greatsword there.

You mean this?

zYjeN3F.png

@GW Noob.6038 said:

Ugg tell Anet to stop locking items that people want/need behind PvE content. Problem solved times 2!Ty!

@StrawHat.2639 said:

Ugg tell Anet to stop locking items that people want/need behind PvE content. Problem solved times 2!Ty! (Sorry found this one post to hilarious, gl on your skin hunt...)

@idolin.2831 That doesn't come up in my search results. What search terms are you using? When I type in "aw" a list of 6 Awakened weapons appears....why would the others be hidden from view (Anet?)? When I type in "Awakened greatsword" I get the same 6 weapons as before, but no greatsword.

Archived