We all know, rangers always struggled to find a place inside WvW squads. This is mainly a "class design" fault. Here is why:
- They die fast to AoE damage;
- They can't dodge through AoE bombs;
- There are no skills that revives them;
- Once dead, they have 60 seconds cooldown;
- Most F2 have long cast times / are useless in a large scale fight;
- 90% of pet's attacks are single target.
- Most ranger weapons are hard countered by reflects and projectile destruction abilities;
- Most ranger weapons are single-target;
- Ranger weapons lack AoE support (even Druid staff is worse than Guardian staff);
- No useful Combo Fields and only one Blast Finisher on warhorn (2 if you run druid and use a staff).
- SHOUTS -
- Decent AoE utilities, but they really fall down when facing more than 10 opponents;
- If the pet is dead, their effect is drastically reduced (if you are not playing soulbeast, of course).
- SIGNETS -
- Signet of Renewal is the only signet that support allies. Insta-dead for your pet;
- They are selfish and, in most cases, mandatory (Signet of Stone);
- Cooldowns are a bit too long if not running Brutish Seals.
- SPIRITS -
- They istantly die to everything;
- Very long cooldowns.
- TRAPS -
- Condi based;
- Low damage;
- Lack of stun-breaks, condition clears, or some sort of defensive utilities.
- SURVIVAL -
- Good utilities, but super-selfish skills;
- Outside Muddy Terrain, literally zero AoE effects.
- GLYPHS -
- They don't offer enough support to both the druid and his allies;
- Cooldowns are a bit too long if not running Verdant Etching.
- STANCES -
- Not enough duration to allies.
Do the ranger community have some suggestions to make this class atleast viable (and most importantly not hated) in wvw zerg fights?