Warrior Arc Divider is bugged. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Warrior Arc Divider is bugged.

Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's radius attack now goes threw wall's with massive op damage that can't be blocked or evaded. Damage goes threw no matter what & you die.
It need's to be fixed.

Winter Nerf is coming!

<134

Comments

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

why is this in the pvp section and not wvw?

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

Well i guess it works like Holo Forge skills its probably reskinned Holographic Shockwave. For the unblockable probably Might signet.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019

Y> @Halikus.1406 said:

Just like engi rifle 3, mesmer gs 5, holo 4 and 5, rev oh sword 4 and any other skill that has a range and doesn't need a target. The game has been like this since forever, try doing a little research before complaining.

Yeah but no circle radius of 450 should be able to crits 20k-32k while you can't block or evade. That's just plain broken. It's one thing when it's one target. But being able to one shot multiple targets in a radius that big. Plzzzz fix this kitten

Winter Nerf is coming!

@Euthymias.7984 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Yeah but no circle radius of 450 should be able to crits 20k-32k while you can't block or evade. That's just plain broken. It's one thing when it's one target. But being able to one shot multiple targets in a radius that big. Plzzzz fix this kitten

Only the last strike is at the 480 radius and you wouldnt get that sort of number unless the first two strikes also landed. It also isnt unblockable unless Signet of Might was used, yes?

Stop defending it...it's broken OP.... No wonder everyone in spvp is playing Berserker warriors atm.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭

it doesnt go through wall tho

@Lighter.5631 said:
    it doesnt go through wall tho

Yes it does..test it. You cant hide behind a wall thinking it's protecting you. I tried it in pvp maps & none of the walls or columns protects you from the attack. Even worst is your not hiding but the warrior is intentionally is. & you can't target him cuz he is using the obstruction against you while he is 1 shoting you with arc divider. Ridiculous!!...

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    It's radius attack now goes threw wall's with massive op damage that can't be blocked or evaded. Damage goes threw no matter what & you die.
    It need's to be fixed.

If it's unblockable, that's probably signet of might.

Damage through walls is not uncommon for PBAoE or cone of attack skills.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warrior greatsword attacks go through walls, nothing new. Move along, move along.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Velimere.7685 said:

Arc Divider is fine, guys!

Well that says it all & proof i don't know what i'm talking about. Sorry for the inconvenience. hehe..:P

Winter Nerf is coming!

• KryTiKaL.3125KryTiKaL.3125 Member ✭✭✭

AoE attacks like that going through walls isn't new. Many AoE skills do the same, its not specific to Arc Divider.

• Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

Well that says it all & proof i don't know what i'm talking about. Sorry for the inconvenience. hehe..:P

That's 2 arc dividers, the skill does a kitten ton of damage but is not 60k amount of damage.

• @Velimere.7685 said:

And that isn't the only problem of the berserker, but you can handle to others while AD is the most problematic, berserker damage is broken and is probably staying like this until anet decides it is time to nerf as they did with mirage.
    I just wish these reworks wouldn't break everything like they always do.

Joko lies, Balthazar don't.

edited April 25, 2019

It's not only broken, but you can't bloc it. Ok fine not blocking i can live with. But the fact i can't dodge or evade .......................................fix & .nErFiT to oblivion!

Winter Nerf is coming!

• BlackTruth.6813BlackTruth.6813 Member ✭✭✭

You're either oppressive at point once you figure out how to use unblockables and learn how to deal with adrenaline issues. Or once you start fighting good players that know how to rotate, know how to z-axis teleport and wait out berserker mode. (Not like the OP who is a fail Mesmer who doesn't know how to play an instant cast evade spam class), you become very useless and eventually die when F1 on CD because they took away the core F1 for ARC DIVIDER LOL.

It's not consistent compared to pre-rework Berserker (Which needed a small push not this catastrophic rework). Hence it is very badly designed because you're either oppressive or flat out useless.

These changes are bad and need to be reverted, but not because it's OP and is very good vs. bad players like the OP but because the rework is catastrophic.

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

I had the feeling this would happen. Berserker finally becomes useful and now people want it nerfed right back down to uselessness.

edited April 25, 2019

@BlackTruth.6813 said:
    You're either oppressive at point once you figure out how to use unblockables and learn how to deal with adrenaline issues. Or once you start fighting good players that know how to rotate, know how to z-axis teleport and wait out berserker mode. (Not like the OP who is a fail Mesmer who doesn't know how to play an instant cast evade spam class), you become very useless and eventually die when F1 on CD because they took away the core F1 for ARC DIVIDER LOL.

It's not consistent compared to pre-rework Berserker (Which needed a small push not this catastrophic rework). Hence it is very badly designed because you're either oppressive or flat out useless.

These changes are bad and need to be reverted, but not because it's OP and is very good vs. bad players like the OP but because the rework is catastrophic.

Point is your attacks can't be immune to evades.. So it's a bug that needs to be patched. I can understand that traits & skills makes some attacks unblockble but it's not just that. This much damage should not go threw walls, or be immune to evades or dodges. Blocks in some circumstances i can say yes. But for the rest, no. Defending it wont make it not broken. Nothing to do with l2p issues. I'm a vet & not bad in pvp as well. So l2p has no place in a broken state.

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

That's 2 arc dividers, the skill does a kitten ton of damage but is not 60k amount of damage.

You could do the same thing with soul spiral if you could cast it twice like you can sec divider.

People contained about it too right after the onslaught buff but those complaints lasted like a week before people learned to counter it. I suspect this will be no different.

• choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭

i would hesitate to guess anet didn’t mean to over tripple the damage in arc divider

feel like this is the same scenario as the 1-shot nade barrage bug on engi. i assume it will get hotfixed soon just like that did

///

as for aoes going thru walls, lol welcome to gw2

I'm a punk kid, no reason why
    Nothing finer than the taste of tears running down my face
    Oh cry baby cry, oh cry baby cry oh

• pukish.5784pukish.5784 Member ✭✭

@Velimere.7685 said:

One of the best pic.
    Also This is total damage, It looks like 100B+Berserk.

-Thundercat

• NICENIKESHOE.7128NICENIKESHOE.7128 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

I see this as three separate issues: evade, block (without signet of might) and damage. We can argue damage and berserker principles/viability all day long but the other two issues would be bugs worthy of hotfix if they are true.

I'd expect it's easy to test whether it can't be evaded, or can't be blocked without signet of might (yes I'm aware of the utility). I have no GW2 this week but if a pair of helpful people test this out they can literally save so much hassle on this thread.

PS what I'm getting at is video would help immensely

[RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

All cleaves go through walls. That's not a problem with Arc Divider, it's a problem with game mechanics that allow that.

• @NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:
    I see this as three separate issues: evade, block (without signet of might) and damage. We can argue damage and berserker principles/viability all day long but the other two issues would be bugs worthy of hotfix if they are true.

I'd expect it's easy to test whether it can't be evaded, or can't be blocked without signet of might (yes I'm aware of the utility). I have no GW2 this week but if a pair of helpful people test this out they can literally save so much hassle on this thread.

PS what I'm getting at is video would help immensely

Fine~
    If a video isn't up of someone being able to dodge arc divider by tonight, I will go make it myself.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• @Velimere.7685 said:

lol, you wait for an enemy player to let himself put loads of vulnerability, let you get to 30 adrenaline points, raise the power and let him hit twice with arc divider? If we rely on the numbers that can be done to static golems in, anyway there would be other things even more broken

• Kolly.9872Kolly.9872 Member ✭✭

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

lol, you wait for an enemy player to let himself put loads of vulnerability, let you get to 30 adrenaline points, raise the power and let him hit twice with arc divider? If we rely on the numbers that can be done to static golems in, anyway there would be other things even more broken

That kind of dmg should never exist neither under advantageous conditions

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

People saying Berserker is OP.

OMEGALUL.

The only thing that it is op against is ele because it's even more garbo and inconsistent than Berserker. Any decent class is either out-kiting it or spamming weakness or cc'ing it. Move along folks, clearly you haven't been in gw2 long enough to know most AOE goes through walls.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kolly.9872 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

So a Warrior Axe 5 shouldn't be able to hit the same numbers either, right? Or is it justified because "it has a longer cast"? One screenshot under perfect conditions on a target that doesn't move means nothing at all.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• @Kolly.9872 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

The only way to get these numbers would be with an enemy that was practically a stone, and in that case, there are many more cases with classes that do even more damage...

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, who is saying this can't be evaded? I evaded Arc Dividers yesterday in games, but if there's a real bug, can somebody reproduce this?

• Pati.2438Pati.2438 Member ✭✭

We all know why it deals 65kdamage. Cause ist fully glassy so just stun him or do good Damage on him and he will be useless as kitten. So i would'nt call it broken….. . I mean this is like Fresh air ele doing high dps but die in less than 5 seconds….. . It allready seems fine balanced to me :)

@Pati.2438 said:
    We all know why it deals 65kdamage. Cause ist fully glassy so just stun him or do good Damage on him and he will be useless as kitten. So i would'nt call it broken….. . I mean this is like Fresh air ele doing high dps but die in less than 5 seconds….. . It allready seems fine balanced to me :)

Oh yeah, it's fully glassy zerk style. & yet still remains tanky & sustainably as hell. Can you say that for mesmers & thieves?

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Can you say that for mesmers-

yes.

& thieves?

no.

& yet still remains tanky & sustainably as hell.

Also no false premises. zerker isn't "sustainy" at all. It was glass before and it's even more glass now because they yanked adrenal health and 300 toughness out of it baseline, and if they nerf rampage even more so.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

edited April 25, 2019

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Can you say that for mesmers-

yes.

& thieves?

no.

& yet still remains tanky & sustainably as hell.

Also no false premises. zerker isn't "sustainy" at all. It was glass before and it's even more glass now because they yanked adrenal health and 300 toughness out of it baseline, and if they nerf rampage even more so.

Both Thieves & mesmer on zerky builds are glassy as well. But besides dodges & evades there not tanky like warrior on a zerky build is. Atm warrior can dish it out and sustain condis as well dps when well played. & even there... no need to well play it. But i'm still having issues with the attacks going threw evades & walls & dodges.

Winter Nerf is coming!

edited April 25, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:

besides dodges & evades there not tanky like warrior-

The raw numbers say that warriors on the surface are tankier of course, but you must also consider evade/immune/interrupt/block potential when you are weighing sustain. Thief and mesmer both have those in spades.

Full glass thief, however, is less viable than mes because of its abysmally small health pool.

Atm warrior can dish it out and sustain condis as well dps when well played.

Both mesmer and thief can do this. They are significantly more brittle than spellbreakers and soulbeasts atm.

But i'm still having issues with the attacks going threw evades & walls & dodges.

The attack will go through walls because it is a cleave, not a projectile.

We can look into the attack going through your evades. Would you mind linking a video of this happening?

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

@Vieux P.1238 said:

besides dodges & evades there not tanky like warrior-

The raw numbers say that warriors on the surface are tankier of course, but you must also consider evade/immune/interrupt/block potential when you are weighing sustain. Thief and mesmer both have those in spades.

Full glass thief, however, is less viable than mes because of its abysmally small health pool.

Atm warrior can dish it out and sustain condis as well dps when well played.

Both mesmer and thief can do this. They are significantly more brittle than spellbreakers and soulbeasts atm.

But i'm still having issues with the attacks going threw evades & walls & dodges.

The attack will go through walls because it is a cleave, not a projectile.

We can look into the attack going through your evades. Would you mind linking a video of this happening?

Ok i think i got why evade don't work. On my mesmer, f4 & eveades seems not anoth time to evade Arc divider. I think thief evades don't have that problem. Not tested yet, can't confirm. I can't record it cuz i dont have OBS installed. To much lag.

Winter Nerf is coming!

edited April 26, 2019

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Ok i think i got why evade don't work. On my mesmer, f4 & eveades seems not anoth time to evade Arc divider. I think thief evades don't have that problem. Not tested yet, can't confirm. I can't record it cuz i dont have OBS installed. To much lag.

If that's the case, you need to relab your dodge timing. As of March 2019, mirages now dodge for the same amount of time as other professions. (0.75 seconds.)
    As you said, you always have distortion on F4 to cover any timing flubs.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

@Vieux P.1238 said:

If that's the case, you need to relab your dodge timing. As of March 2019, mirages now dodge for the same amount of time as other professions. (0.75 seconds.)
    As you said, you always have distortion on F4 to cover any timing flubs.

Yeah makes no sense to use dodge+f4 just to cover it all. Redundant & ridiculous.

Winter Nerf is coming!

edited April 26, 2019

Here, I went and labbed it. you can avoid the whole thing with one dodge and a blink~

You can also blurred frenzy since you can use skills while dodging, scepter block the last hit if the warrior hasnt popped might signet, blind them if they havent used zerker stance, illusionary wave them out of the last hit, etc.

Its not bugged.

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Yeah makes no sense to use dodge+f4 just to cover it all. Redundant & ridiculous.

????

Dodge skills that deal damage to you or die?

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

• Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    It need's to be fixed.

1. Every untargeted AoE goes though walls.
    2. It can be evaded.
    3. It can be interrupted.
    4. Even if it was bugged, this is the only thing that makes berserker playable in pvp at all. "Nerf it into oblivion" really?
    edited April 26, 2019

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.