Upcoming Bonus Events - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Bonus Events

Comments

• BlueIce.6951BlueIce.6951 Member ✭✭✭

I would love to see the dragon bash festival come back.
    It would also be nice to have festivals that spread beyond some core maps.

Currently attempting all Legendary Journey collections at once.

• Drymeat.2861Drymeat.2861 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

I am not sure if you are talking about boss event as well... but If I say about the reward box from it...
    Currently, Crystal Infusion is most rarest infusion in the game, and no items are listed at TP. I believe Bonus box should have another infusions like Crystal Infusion. Even if you have 10000 golds, You can't have the infusion. It is ridiculous.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

• Higher drop rate of Intact Spores from Sawgill mushrooms please... so I propose a fill your mushroom punnit event... a 24hr sawgill farming frenzy... drop rates decrease greatly when the sun rises, but increase greatly when it gets dark :)

Why on earth was such an limited use item that provided nothing outside of a guild hall deco so impossibly rare to obtain is beyond me

The same reason Freshwater Pearls are expensive ... the main gathering result has low value.

I guess we can have events that doubles as a sink for various materials but that also overlaps with Festival of the Four Winds.

• EdDreath.2508EdDreath.2508 Member ✭✭

I dont know how it will turn outt but im suggesting fractal vindicator week in open world (haha!)

It only happens during meta events /world boss. Same mechanic as fractal vindicator instability in fractal but in exchange, the drop rate of rare exotics/ ascended increased during the week as well as fractal relic added as a final reward.

Might be too crazy of an idea lol but I feel like sharing it XD

• Zetsuei.8942Zetsuei.8942 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

The No Daily Cap for the Meta-Event Rush will not make the first release
    Unfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for this run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

I don't see this as a negative as you seem to. When you remove the cap you're incentivizing players to only do those events multiple times a day(thus strangling other events/metas of players) else they miss out on rewards. Fractals, WvW, sPVP, all of them will suffer while this is going on. It also promotes multi map abuse which I assume you're against since you've altered metas so it can't be done with them. Why not just double/triple the amount of loot so we only have to do them once and not have to worry about doing it 5 more times in the day? The once a day loot system is very nice as you can move on and do other things. This is a step backwards in giving us the power to pick and choose what we want to do.

There will be more than enough players for every boss/meta at any hour, we don't need the cap removed to get enough players. It only promotes abuse and the community going at each other for how they want to handle the boss/events.

• theSacred.1942theSacred.1942 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

@Kain Francois.4328 said:
    I really want to suggest: Fractals Week.

Instead of only 3 daily fractals, what if EVERY fractal was a daily? So we could potentially marathon every type of fractal nonstop.

That's nice idea

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:
    Unfortunately, we will not be able to make this change for this run of the event. This is planned as a bonus for potential future runs of this event.

So what is even a point of this event? We're doing all 3 HoT (well 4 with Dragon Stand) and (some are still doing) Palawadan metas daily anyway.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:
    Bonus events won’t always guarantee bonus economic rewards.
    We also want to be free to do things that shake up game modes substantially for a limited time or to try potential system changes that may not have been possible otherwise. One such event is being finalized, and we’re very interested in seeing players’ reactions!

I really like that you clarified this. I'm happy to see so many enthusiastic people, but I also wouldn't like to be "forced" or feel compelled to always play the event that you guys decide. It's nice to play together with many players sometimes (especially in maps or contents that are a bit old, like dungeons for example), but on the other hand I wouldn't like to think "I really want to complete this collection, but this week there's a gold bonus if I play on this map".
    The thing that I hated in Aion (one of the many) was that we always had some event running, and that everyone played the events rather than the game, because much more rewarding. And farming is boring.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

• Higher drop rate of Intact Spores from Sawgill mushrooms please... so I propose a fill your mushroom punnit event... a 24hr sawgill farming frenzy... drop rates decrease greatly when the sun rises, but increase greatly when it gets dark :)

Why on earth was such an limited use item that provided nothing outside of a guild hall deco so impossibly rare to obtain is beyond me

The same reason Freshwater Pearls are expensive ... the main gathering result has low value.

I guess we can have events that doubles as a sink for various materials but that also overlaps with Festival of the Four Winds.

drop rate for pearls maybe on a par, though I believe they drop a lot more regular.. in fact they drop period.
    Added to that Pearls have more uses in the game.. whereas the intact spores have 1 mundane use.. a guild mushroom decoration - hardly earth shattering, game changing stuff.. I have zero spores and I farm every sawgill I see.. whereas I have a heck of a lot more success getting pearls and even Maguuma Lillies.. this item just has a terrabad drop rate and zero use outside of a guild deco.

So yeah a farming frenzy event would be nice .. like a kind of Ester Egg hunt where everyone gets to go find the plants, nodes etc that drop the things hard to obtain by raising there drop rates for a very limited time and it's up to players to find the various nodes etc that have had their drop rates upped... maybe by following skritt clues or something.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

I look at this, and i remember Anet introducing weekend events/bonuses for GW1 (which was quite a nice idea then). And then i remember, that it was one of the steps leading to putting that game on full auto.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:
    I look at this, and i remember Anet introducing weekend events/bonuses for GW1 (which was quite a nice idea then). And then i remember, that it was one of the steps leading to putting that game on full auto.

Guild Wars was preparing for maintenance mode in 2006, a bit longer than a year after launch?
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weekend_events/2006

• CJH.2879CJH.2879 Member ✭✭✭

Hi Irenio/ANET, after reading what you wrote I'm definitely excited about the direction guild wars 2 is going in, I believe your on the track. I have noticed that some players have complained that the loot drops are far better from a few world events on certain maps in particular, but if ANET releases special collections/drops this will definitely entice us to migrate back towards the other world bosses & on a much more regular basis (those special harvesting nodes would also greatly help after defeating world bosses).

You did ask for any future ideas so here is mine....

-A new title: Opportunist (awards achievement points & initial title for assisting in killing a certain number of foes whom are already below 50% health), this is just for fun for those of us that show up a little late for example>> world boss events. Can either be awarded by assisting in killing a certain number of normal foes or world bosses.
    -The ability to choose what loot drop we get, keep the random loot of course, but also give us the opportunity to choose something extra (like what is already done in Verdant Brink Map), perhaps make this available to central core Tyria world bosses? (Something that went towards helping with legendarys perhaps?)
    -1 selectable Account Bound Infusion drop per account with the "Extra Shiney" title, acquired by defeating all world bosses in Central Core Tyria, Path of Fire & HoT.
    -Angelic Healer title, awarded for healing/reviving other players during world boss events, this could give special rewards (such as a halo) & encourage more support builds during meta events rather then the "Glass Cannon" approach all the time. Could also make this achievement repeatable & grant extra loot.
    -Hidden Agenda title, awarded for cloaking downed players during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.
    -Aura Bound title, awarded for applying a certain number of auras to other players during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.
    -Buffing Up title, awarded for granting allies stacks of might during meta events, awards extra loot, repeatable.
    -Why Me? title, awarded for taking the most damage during a meta event, awards extra loot, repeatable.

These titles are just for fun, the extra loot encourages other players to help out there fellow players more during meta events and to experiment more when it comes to support builds. Achievement points awarded would also encourage players to head in this direction more so as well. Unless of course ANET wants us to just DPS/glass cannon all the time during meta's & thats pretty much it? I hope these ideas are of interest to both players and ANET. Happy Gaming! =)

• Incognito.3529Incognito.3529 Member ✭✭

If you guys could make type of event where players have to defeat boss monster controlled by another player.. Like Old Monk fight from Demon Souls..

It not easy task (chosing right type of player to control boss must be quite hard, although I see possible soultions).

• Lithril Ashwalker.6230Lithril Ashwalker.6230 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

I want to see flux buffs and debuffs from gw1 like the minion apocalypse for example.

Codex arena should make a come back where certain utility skills are locked or elite specs can't be played and only core may be able to.

Mount engage skills don't dismount you or something during one flux [call it glued down]

For god sakes bring back the beta event that let us fight players on even footing while branded or unbranfed. If we died we got branded. We need that event again!!! Bring things that have become from the mists since kralka took it over!!!

• Hey guys, I will slightly derail from this thread's topic by making a small suggestion regarding WvW rewards. I used to play WvW every now and then (and used to wonder why people found the rewards unsatisfying) but recently came to make it my main gameplay mode and as someone who plays the game a lot, I see now that reaching the maximum number of pips will result in a very substantial decrease in the rewards for continuing to play that week. So the best suggestion I could think of is make it so once the pips have reached the end, have them reset entirely.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Introduce a collection that requires a selection of boss kills from Tyria, Meta boss kills from HoT and bounties from PoF. Completing the collection rewards an account bound 32-slot bag. Adding a cool sounding title would also be welcomed, as everyone loves titles.

Some suggestions:
    Boss Hunter
    Kills for Loot
    Meta Train Master

• Avelione.6075Avelione.6075 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

A new title: Master of Disaster (I believe we don't have such yet??)

If we have the above title, OF COURSE WE NEED ALSO

"CHOYA KING", "HONORABLE CHOYA" OR "CHOYA THE PRICKLIEST" title :D

(choya slapper) ><

Choya is love, Choya is life!

• Shara.4716Shara.4716 Member ✭✭

I’m still all for a casual mode in raids. Just give them a smaller amount of LI for completion. It will take them longer to get the LI needed for legendaries, but it might also get them trained to do the hard raids.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shara.4716 said:
    I’m still all for a casual mode in raids. Just give them a smaller amount of LI for completion. It will take them longer to get the LI needed for legendaries, but it might also get them trained to do the hard raids.

If there were an easy mode, they should get zero LI, zero achievement/collection progression, and zero access to raid boss specific drops.

Anyway, I’m not sure why this was brought up in this thread when there are countless other threads on this that are related to their threads.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Didn't Wildstar do something similar.. eek

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Shara.4716 said:

If there were an easy mode, they should get zero LI, zero achievement/collection progression, and zero access to raid boss specific drops.

Anyway, I’m not sure why this was brought up in this thread when there are countless other threads on this that are related to their threads.

I disagree... running the raid in any mode should still reward otherwise where is the incentive to keep coming back to it other than a few runs to learn.. not everyone wants to run content at a million miles an hour, skip all that can be skipped or buy spots to complete a boss.
    Having a casual mode should run the same way as a challenge mode.. you get a scaled down or scaled up reward based of normal play mode. If we want to train raids we run guild or join a guild that trains.. casual mode would be for players with limited time and/or a desire to run the content without being met with a barrage of "must haves", "dps meter this" and "run fast, run hard" don't stop till we get to "x" point then chrono blah blah.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Didn't Wildstar do something similar.. eek

Every game I played online had bonus days, weeks, matches, dailies etc :) Common was double the reward from a mode. In my old MMO they had bonus RNG, for pvp all year around, we would never know if it's coming but what was the hype when you enter BG and get /diamond match/ (there was sapphire and ruby as well, diamond was 1k gold, ruby 300, sapphire 100.
    Winning team would get those and be happy :)

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Poobah.6254Poobah.6254 Member ✭✭

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:
    we aren’t restricting ourselves to “inside the box” design for future events.

What if I want to get back inside the Super Adventure Box?

• I'd like any bonus event that encourages players to run daily activities, adventures, races, and jumping puzzles. Those are all great content that there is very little reason to run.

• TiroDvD.5416TiroDvD.5416 Member
    edited May 3, 2019

Mount Races could use an injection. I hope Beetle Mania comes back, but also something for PoF ones as well.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

bonus event on pof meta will be good

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2019

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

with releases.

Feedback is important!
    We know that not every event can appeal to all players, but we want to make them as fun as possible for everyone. The events we’re running now aren’t set in stone—and neither are the rewards—because we want to keep things fresh and continue to improve them.

Keep giving us feedback. We’ll keep reading it and communicating with you.

I guess you hedged with the "not every event can appeal to all players", but I guess I don't understand the no daily cap one. It is really only a bonus for people who play 2+ hours a day and is a total non-existent bonus for anyone who doesn't play in huge chunks. Do you really want to encourage people to pull 24-hour straight playsessions to max out the uncapped rewards? Because some folks will, and that's not really a good thing.

On the topic of events that aren't straight reward buffs - would be fun to see things that encourage some build adjustments or slight tweaks, but the reward is faster killing or smoother combat:

Bloodbath- bleeding does 50% (just tossing out a number) more damage
    Pyromania - burning you inflict lasts twice as long
    Mace to the Face - breakbar damage is doubled (would be great time to go after things like the Legendary Vinetooth, Shatterer acheive, serpent's ire, or anything else where breaking the bar at the right time is critical to the encounter), eyc.

• I am a returning player from 2012 and I have to say I really love this game... the lore, the art, the game play... it's fantastic. I wanted to share some ideas that I think would go along with special events but also tie into future releases (level 500 cooking/jewelry) etc.

-Racial holidays/festivals/events. It would be really cool as well as add to lore if each race had their own holiday/festival/tournament etc. These events could take place in maps that do not have high traffic to take advantage of existing maps. The game is so beautiful I would love to revisit places but with a new mission. These mini festivals could last a week or two and fill in the space between existing world holidays.

-Unique harvesting nodes/recipes tied to race/region. Building off the Living Story maps, it would be nice if each race/region had unique ingredients that could only be harvested in that region or during certain seasons. I also think it would be cool if each race had their own recipes to make with these regional ingredients. Again this would help people return to older maps in search of special nodes.

-Random world boss. To help in team building and getting players to help each other... there could be random world bosses that spawn maybe once a day. Players would have to first find the boss and then call for other players in guild/map to come take the boss down.

-Angel/Goodwill buff. I noticed back in the day players would always heal another downed player... now many players ignore downed players. If you resurrect another player you get the "goodwill" buff. It would be the exact same as the "hero's guild banner" 6 buffs. For each player you rez you would get the buff for 2 minutes (stack-able to 30 minutes.) This could be REALLY good for WVW.

-WVW mega boss... A boss that appears in the WVW main battleground. All 3 teams would have to fight not only each other, but takle down the boss as well. Whichever team scores the last hit on the boss gets reward/experience for the entire team (the other two teams would get no reward/experience if they do not make the last hit, regardless of damage done to boss.)

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

@dauphinamericain.3286 said:

-WVW mega boss... A boss that appears in the WVW main battleground. All 3 teams would have to fight not only each other, but takle down the boss as well. Whichever team scores the last hit on the boss gets reward/experience for the entire team (the other two teams would get no reward/experience if they do not make the last hit, regardless of damage done to boss.)

So basically it'd be a magnet for fights guilds but give the reward to the longbow archer waiting at a distance? Kind of like the grub but that gives no reward to anyone. Doesn't even count for the daily.

Personally, smc is a fine enough fights magnet, or the home keeps. I enjoy pve but in pve maps, please. I wouldn't want this even if every team got the reward.

As to reviving--there are some cases I'll even go out of my way to revive someone, especially in a starter map and many where I will outright refuse to(basically, if you're fighting a boss and you fully die, WP back. I have seen full dead people refuse to wp even with an uncontested wp 2 raptor jumps away. That isn't far even if you rp walk. I can understand if it's something like Patriarch and you had to use a tp to friend to even get there, but Tequatl? TD? Dragon's Stand? Many bounties? Shatterer? Come on folks. If you're that lazy(or afk) you can sit there dead until the chest vanishes as far as I'm concerned.

I did like the bleeding does 50% more or whatever suggestions, adjusting builds for that is nifty.

• @Etria.3642 said:

@dauphinamericain.3286 said:

So basically it'd be a magnet for fights guilds but give the reward to the longbow archer waiting at a distance? Kind of like the grub but that gives no reward to anyone. Doesn't even count for the daily.

Personally, smc is a fine enough fights magnet, or the home keeps. I enjoy pve but in pve maps, please. I wouldn't want this even if every team got the reward.

As to reviving--there are some cases I'll even go out of my way to revive someone, especially in a starter map and many where I will outright refuse to(basically, if you're fighting a boss and you fully die, WP back. I have seen full dead people refuse to wp even with an uncontested wp 2 raptor jumps away. That isn't far even if you rp walk. I can understand if it's something like Patriarch and you had to use a tp to friend to even get there, but Tequatl? TD? Dragon's Stand? Many bounties? Shatterer? Come on folks. If you're that lazy(or afk) you can sit there dead until the chest vanishes as far as I'm concerned.

I did like the bleeding does 50% more or whatever suggestions, adjusting builds for that is nifty.

Been doing WVW for a week due to bonus... literally the same thing over and over and over and over. No variety in gameplay. Something different would be nice. Like all events in GW2, if it doesn't interest you, you are not compelled to participate.

For the rez, not speaking of world bosses or wvw zerg fights... just the common respect of coming across a dead player on a map and knowing they are not near a portal so rez them out of good will/karma. (This tends to be more of a problem on HoT and PoF maps.)

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@thehipone.6812 said:

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

with releases.

Feedback is important!
    We know that not every event can appeal to all players, but we want to make them as fun as possible for everyone. The events we’re running now aren’t set in stone—and neither are the rewards—because we want to keep things fresh and continue to improve them.

I guess you hedged with the "not every event can appeal to all players", but I guess I don't understand the no daily cap one. It is really only a bonus for people who play 2+ hours a day and is a total non-existent bonus for anyone who doesn't play in huge chunks. Do you really want to encourage people to pull 24-hour straight playsessions to max out the uncapped rewards? Because some folks will, and that's not really a good thing.

That's their own choice. Imagine having to actually play the game to gain something from participating somewhere. If you do even two of the same boss events you will have benefitted from this. Events SHOULD encourage people to play a lot. Nobody is FORCED to do it, but having the choice and being rewarded for a change is something extremely positive and should be encouraged. You talk as if those people have no say in it at all.

I like WvW, I play it a lot. During this event week I played more than I have in months, yet only reached the last Diamond chest before i stopped again. I got my share of fun and tons of loot from all those level ups. Felt great. Wouldn't feel great if it wasn't that much faster. Doing a world boss and getting an extra chest that might contain one of the items I've been trying to acquire for years will also feel great.

Bite me.

• I would love to see all these living world events (mist rifts, joko invasion, rift sensor, etc) turned into a rotating series of events. They're getting cluttered. A one-a-week or one-a-month rotation would maybe help, but there might be a better solution. It would also allow for them to be cleared out of the way temporarily for any new events.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2019

Faren Away weekends
    Weekend 1: Lord Faren is missing. Find him and ask him to come back and get a food item if you can convince him.
    Weekend 2: Lord Faren is back on his normal location in a big way. He is now twice his normal size and, if you found him the first weekend and this weekend, you can ask him for a Lord Faren tonic that lasts 1 hour.

Edit: Let the Faren tonic be a combat tonic that occasionally recites Faren quotes of the past; even in combat.

Also, is it time for another LA election?

• dodgerrule.8739dodgerrule.8739 Member ✭✭✭

Double fractal Friday’s! You earn 2x the rewards for doing fractals during these Friday’s!

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2019

@Blocki.4931 said:

@thehipone.6812 said:

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

with releases.

Feedback is important!

That's their own choice. Imagine having to actually play the game to gain something from participating somewhere. If you do even two of the same boss events you will have benefitted from this. Events SHOULD encourage people to play a lot. Nobody is FORCED to do it, but having the choice and being rewarded for a change is something extremely positive and should be encouraged. You talk as if those people have no say in it at all.

I like WvW, I play it a lot. During this event week I played more than I have in months, yet only reached the last Diamond chest before i stopped again. I got my share of fun and tons of loot from all those level ups. Felt great. Wouldn't feel great if it wasn't that much faster. Doing a world boss and getting an extra chest that might contain one of the items I've been trying to acquire for years will also feel great.

That's quite the overreaction and putting words in my mouth, so this response will likely be as effective as talking to the bathroom wall, but here goes. I never claimed anyone was forced to do anything, only that people would likely respond to an altered reward structure. And in my opinion, the proposed no daily cap bonus event has a reward structure that promotes unhealthy gameplay habits. Which, again, in my opinion, is not how these bonuses should work. They should enhance the time you spend in game, not promote something where you burn out and grind as hard as you possibly can while the bonus is active.

• What I would suggest, in two related concepts:

INTEGRATION: GW2 is a fantasy world as amazing as any book or movie. But when new world developments are added, they are not integrated into the great things that already exist. Let’s bring the entire GW2 world into a more cohesive unit. Doing so would be more work than I can imagine, but the results would be tremendous.
    Send things from everywhere, to everywhere else – integrate components from Core Tyria, HoT, PoF, LS2, LS3, LS4, WvW and PvP all over the place. Bouncing mushrooms in Caledon, sending us up to new bloodstone and mistonium node spawns and an unexpected Silverwastes breach champ… skritt tunnels in Eternal Battleground, leading us to…??? unpredictable beetle walls, jackal portals, Nuhoch wallows all around the Tyrian world. The possibilities are endless. With a taste of the other parts of GW2, players would be more incentivized to purchase all expansions and living seasons if they don't already have them.

SURPRISE: The game has so many features, yet to read players’ chat, much of it has become stale to veteran players. Meta events in organized groups have reached auto-mode now. It has become formulaic, and there is a ho-hum effect that players have been remarking on. The Event Timer with scheduled events is really good for people whose real-life schedules allow only so much play time in a set schedule (most of us). But there could be more.
    With the introduction of the Current Event portals and rifts, new possibilities opened up. The element of surprise could be added everywhere, all the time, which would shake up the player base with new challenges. Examples: East and North in Octovine getting to be sleepytime? Send a Choya stampede during burn phase. Not every time, but enough to stir players to be wary and alert. Send some indiscriminate fire wyverns into a WvW zerg battle! When a full squad takes on a Legendary Bounty run, challenge them… imagine a chak rush spawning in a fight with Rubedon!
    Surprises all the time… And better still, surprise events announced on the 10-minute alerts with the Portal Alert items we bought from the gem store. (These items don’t do enough for us now, basically just duplicating the wiki Event Timer. Warning us of unexpected events about to happen would make them worth having… and worth buying gems for.)

Players like the comfort of knowing how to do events on auto-mode; but players also like the challenge of the unexpected.
    Troll us a little! Surprise us… a lot.

• Anna.3918Anna.3918 Member

I would love to see Dungeon event weekends/weeks, where we get extra rewards while doing dungeons during this period! I'm still working towards getting all my dungeon skins, even after 6+ years playing. Having special events where I can farm dungeons with lots of active players doing the same would be fun!

• oFfIcEr.8730oFfIcEr.8730 Member ✭✭

I would love see Dragon Hunting Event with rewards like year ago in the Pavilion
    Everytime dragon is killed by players, then everyone will get reward based on first daily kill.

• Tier 1 ~ 20 slot bag
    • Tier 2 ~ 24 slot bag
    • Tier 3 ~ 28 slot bag
    • Tier 4 ~ 32 slot bag + Bonus reward with xxx killed dragon (chosen one or two?) : Magic find Merchant. He will sell every booster existing in the game for Luck.
      Every bag can be crafted to 32 slot bag.

It will be cool to if every test stuff like first week of mount in wvw or something special like golem rush be added week for month or for 2 with "outnumbered buff" for every server or every server with first place (draw match). Everything is to promote wvw Mode for players with low rank.

"[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas" in this thread people also add some interesting ideas about events and for the rest game content.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2019

@thehipone.6812 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@thehipone.6812 said:

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

with releases.

Feedback is important!

That's quite the overreaction and putting words in my mouth, so this response will likely be as effective as talking to the bathroom wall, but here goes. I never claimed anyone was forced to do anything, only that people would likely respond to an altered reward structure. And in my opinion, the proposed no daily cap bonus event has a reward structure that promotes unhealthy gameplay habits. Which, again, in my opinion, is not how these bonuses should work. They should enhance the time you spend in game, not promote something where you burn out and grind as hard as you possibly can while the bonus is active.

Calling my measured response an overreaction, while you're the one saying that people are unable to control themselves because they need to play for those 24/7 rewards... Okay.

Aside from this unrealistic scenario you've made up, saying that a normal player isn't going to benefit from this is plain wrong. They get bonus chests too and the people who do play a bit more will benefit more. That's fair and if you think that it encourages unhealthy behaviour then I don't know what to tell you. Sure, some people WILL pull 24h shifts to get as many chests as possible, but that IS their own decision. It's not encouraged, nor is it discouraged. It is to be expected that people can make their own decisions, no matter if wrong or right.Some people are hardcore or insane enough to pull that stuff. I can respect the hustle

In reality most people will do one or two runs and then peace out. Or come back later. Even better. You can do a run, leave for multiple hours and come back later, STILL get rewards and be a happy person that is able to use their time efficiently with a chance of rare infusions and those darn invisible shoes.

Bite me.

• Saniyah.1984Saniyah.1984 Member ✭✭✭

Well i prefer it if you did not put "Collections and meta achievements with titles" in limited timed events please. Many of us that did not exoerienced "Living world season 1"could not get things from there It may not be best to repeat that :(

• Some very good ideas have been mentioned for theme weeks: dungeons and Season 1 for instance.

But is the idea just more loot or different loot? if that is the case, simply triple the drop rate and you are done. Or for something more intricate, make all Dry Top chests appear during sandstorms and the loot they drop is dependent on the tier achieved in the prior 40 minutes.

I suspect there is more than simply better loot or ideas which can quickly be coded into the system. As Yoda would say "Loot not make game great." What is desired is interaction with other players. A way to make solo players and the socially awkward view GW2 as an MMO instead of a single player game with a built-in chat system.

Fortunately, that system has already been created - guilds. How about this: If a player joins a guild and stays a member for 72 hours, they get a goodie cookie. So a player is a member of five (5) guilds. They get five (5) tokens. The player can give 1 to each of their 5 guilds or give 1 guild all 5 tokens. A guild then takes these tokens and can create a decoration based on number donated. Larger guilds can make a larger statue say like bronze, silver or gold raid trophies.

To prevent abuse, F2P accounts need to be a certain level - either age-wise or level-wise.

The idea is to create interaction and join a "real guild". Not a personal bank or a friends-only guild but a real guild with guild events.

As a side note, the guild limit needs to be expanded. With the plethora of specialty guilds around (raids, WvW, fractals, etc) it is easy for a player to want to be a member of more than five (5) guilds.

• Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quick question: will magic find work on the bonus drops from the world bosses?

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• I haven't read all the posts so this might already be a suggestion, but here goes nothing:

Event name: Mirror Madness (or something about Lyssa?)

Effect: All enemies when reaching 0 health instead of dying they divide in two. And then each of these "mirror images" further divide in two when being killed (unless that would be too much?). The resulting "images" would be weaker than the original mob, but not 50% weaker, so for example fighting the resulting 2 Mossmen would be harder than fighting the original.

Loot: Loot drops would be the same for each image (and the original unchanged of course), effectively multiplying the loot drop by 3 (if one division) or by 7 (if 2 divisions).

Where: Everywhere and on every monster, be it trash mob, champion or legendary boss. Excluding only the "giant pile of hit boxes" type of bosses, like the dragons and whatnot. But otherwise any and all "npc"/"creature" type of enemy in game.

Why: I think it'll be fun. It will certainly add a level of difficulty to... well everything involving mobs since jumping and insta-killing 4 icebrood wolves in Bitterfrost might not be a good idea anymore. Or having to really think about how to go about killing that wave of mordrem during a DS meta... And if that would seem like fun the extra loot should be a nice addition.

It sounds cool at first until you realize how much time it would take to kill 2 Tequatls...and 2 of everything in every mob...think POF but worse. I have enough trouble getting out of combat in POF. Instead of 3786932 mobs now I'd be fighting 728398327872? (yes just randomg keysmash of numbers)

How about in one zone. So I could avoid it. Because I /cannot/ jump into a group of 4 icebrood wolves and insta kill them.

• Hi, just wanted to chip in. I really love the idea of bonus event - it hearkens back to the GW1 weekly events and brings back good memories. I also like the idea that you want to think outside the box and do other kinds of events than those which increase the chances of getting better stuff. I don't like the idea of more collections because they seem boring grindy to me at this point. Every release has some kind of collection that requires running around, grinding, crafting weapons, and I don't have the willingness and the motivation to do them. What I would be interested in would be something like Flux in PvP from GW1, so weekly modifications of how mechanics and skills work (maybe like reduced cooldown on elite skills, increased damage if you wield one handed weapon without second hand weapon, reduced direct damage and increased condition damage, etc). In PvE I'd like to see something similar and even more crazy, like the ability to use all the skills from elite specs on your class without the need to equip it, or maybe skill swap with other classes - pick one utility skill from other class to use it.

• Taek.4671Taek.4671 Member ✭✭

Just a comment on the rewards side of things for these events:

• Emotes - custom emotes as rewards either as part of a collection reward or if possible to make it a drop that can be used on your account
    • Home instance - unique drops for home instances either nodes or pets or something cosmetic
    • Maybe some tracks like in WvW or PvP where you can get dungeon tokens, dungeon runes/sigils, legendary crafting mats and other stuff maybe from WvW or PvP for those that don't play those modes. these tracks could be associated to bonus events rather than regular PvE
    • Collections with unique skins for the week including mount and glider skins not just weapon, armour or outfit
  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Taek.4671 said:

• Maybe some tracks like in WvW or PvP where you can get dungeon tokens, dungeon runes/sigils, legendary crafting mats and other stuff maybe from WvW or PvP for those that don't play those modes. these tracks could be associated to bonus events rather than regular PvE

It's already in the game, all you have to do is go finish story mode for dungeon to unlock those

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• illuminosity.8537illuminosity.8537 Member ✭✭
    edited May 5, 2019

Okay, some more thoughts given some time to reflect:

WVW

• DOTA week - Camps spawn low level npcs. Towers spawn parties of low level npcs and high level champions. Keeps spawn siege weapons. These rally to the nearest enemy held point and attack it -- except on EBG, where they rally to SMC if you hold it. This gives teams and players a reason to have to leave SMC to defend SMC. If you let the other teams capture all the keeps, you won't be able to keep up with all the attacks. If you take a few keeps, you'll be too well defended to attack directly until some of these supports are taken away.
    • Rampage week - At a predictable interval, tower, keep and SMC lords will leave their keep (with a suitable retinue) to attack a nearby enemy held stronghold. Players will have to escort their NPC to keep it alive. It will be made much stronger when it leaves its base, but not enough to stay alive with no support. If the NPC dies while outside its base, the base's walls are weakened 50% until the NPC respawns.
    • Dolyak week - Dolyaks spawn at an increase rate from each camp held. Each dolyak rewards double normal rewards to escorts / slayers. Slaying a dolyak rewards a temporary buff that increases all stats by 20% (doesn't stack) for 15 minutes.
    • Nemesis - When you enter a WVW map, a player on one of the enemy teams is chosen as your nemesis. You can see their location on your map and get 10x reward (and a new nemesis) upon slaying them.
    • Ripe for the picking - Each camp / tower / keep taken gives all players taking it a counter. No bags drop from normal enemies -- instead, you get 1 bag per 3 counters they have, rounded down.
    • We brave few - Walls and defenses have 30% reduced health. Siege weapons do 1.5x damage. Successfully repelling an attack gives double rewards.
    • They come at night - when night falls, unaligned NPCs appear and assault all bases -- undefended bases will be overwhelmed and revert to neutral. A heavier than usual number of NPCs will stay on these points and need to be slain to capture it back.
    • They come in waves - allied npcs such as hylek, ogres, etc come in several waves of increasing strength when captured by one team However, they lose their alignment after the last wave is defeated and are free for another team to capture immediately.
    • Watch your back - There are double as many allied NPCs guarding each base, but allied NPCs have a small chance to switch allegiances to an attacker when a base is besieged. (Probably need some sort of CD or minimum number of attackers / duration of attack to stop people running to all enemy bases trying to spawn it).
    • Spy among us - Each hour, one spy spawns (per side) inside a randomly chosen allied base, if any, and roams the base in stealth. Enemies can see where the spy spawned. Offers a special reward if found and killed. If enemies do 10% damage to one of the walls of a base a spy is inside, the spy will destroy that wall.
    • Traitor in the ranks - at a given interval, one of your lords will declare their allegiance for one of the enemy teams. Your team has 10 minutes (5?) to subdue the lord and return them to your side, or they will switch your base over to that team.

PVP

• The point is on fire - Each second, all points do direct damage to anyone standing on them and add 1 stack of burning.
    • Point master - Two NPCs fight over each point. NPCs will buff allies with might, regen, swiftness, stability, etc, but don't count for capping points.
    • Point decay - Points automatically decap when not held by a player. This effect starts 30 seconds after being abandoned.
    • Opposites attract - Home point ticks at half the usual rate. Far ticks at double.
    • Instabilities - similar mechanics to fractals, e.g. reduced damage when stacked and increased when too far apart. Randomise on game load (but same mechanics apply to both teams)
    • Gotta go fast - permanent 50% speed increase to all players, except when crippled or chilled.
    • Barrier mode - all heals grant barrier instead. There is no way to heal players. Barriers have 50% reduced effectiveness.
    • To the victor - gain superspeed, fury and 5 stacks of might upon landing a killing blow.
    • Dodge this - dodges no longer provide effective immunity. Enemies evading attacks miss out on any conditions that would have landed or CC, but still take 33% of the damage they would have incurred.
    • Explosive revenge - two seconds after being defeated, players will explode, dealing 5000 damage to any enemies within 600 range.
    • Not really downed - if downed players survive 8 seconds, they are automatically revived, but with a full downed penalty - if they die in the next minute they are immediately defeated.

PVE

• Slayer - A particular enemy type is singled out for bounty rewards for 24 hours. Killing a normal enemy awards one point, vet 2, elite 5, champion 10. Bronze, silver and gold completion levels are available and reward objects themed around that enemy (e.g. ghosts could reward Ascalonian tears)
    • Mushroom week - Treasure mushrooms spawn after each world boss & meta boss kill. Other mushroom npcs spawn during these events and have to be dealt with by players.
    • All the colours of the rainbow - Bosses spawn dyed a randomly chosen colour. They drop a guaranteed dye of that colour on death -- obviously spawned in normal proportions as of unidentified dye drops.
    • Legendary week - Precursor drop chance tripled. Legendary chests (from collections) drop a small amount of resources of types needed for the next tier of crafting. Daily rewards also give 1 - 3 mystic clovers.
    • Kill streak - Each player gets their own instanced enemies untouchable to anybody else, contained to a single map. Race to kill them all in time to get bronze/silver/gold rewards.
    • Mist vault - On killing a given daily boss, a portal spawns to the mists. Once there the player has x seconds to loot as many chests / nodes / etc as they can manage.
    • Dungeon boss week - a random dungeon boss spawns outside his dungeon each day, appropriately scaled as a world event (and appearing on world boss device). Drops tokens for his dungeon, and a small chance of a random exotic skin.

Disclaimer: I'm sure some of these would be terrible, but it'd be fun to mix everything up.

• Taek.4671Taek.4671 Member ✭✭

@phs.6089 said:

@Taek.4671 said:

It's already in the game, all you have to do is go finish story mode for dungeon to unlock those

@phs.6089 I am aware of the explorable modes. I am talking about the tracks as an alternate method for some of the dungeon specific items. Also WvW and PvP have tracks to obtain PvE so maybe a PvE to obtain WvW and PvP. Was just a thought on doing things differently.

@Taek.4671 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Taek.4671 said:

@phs.6089 I am aware of the explorable modes. I am talking about the tracks as an alternate method for some of the dungeon specific items. Also WvW and PvP have tracks to obtain PvE so maybe a PvE to obtain WvW and PvP. Was just a thought on doing things differently.

What dungeon specific items? The wvw and pvp reward tracks let you get weapons and armor from the dungeons PLUS the currency. If you're proposing a PVE reward track to obtain dungeon currency that...kind of boggles my mind. You already HAVE a PVE method to obtain dungeon things--do the dungeon! If you're proposing a PVE reward track to earn wvw things, like Gift of Battle, I don't see it happening, although it has been proposed before. So you never know.

• Story mode dungeons need love. I love them but there is too little incentive to run them, and there are too few people who want to do them (because it’s not rewarding for them either). Adding dungeon tokens for completing story mode paths will make them comparable to explorable paths, and maybe adding some other rewards (gold / silver, karma, chest of dungeoneering, etc) might make them more attractive. Maybe there could be a chance to drop ascended gear just like fractals do.

Maybe we could bring back the marionette fight as a limited time event?

Maybe re-introduce monthlies?

This game could use an event that makes the obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle more rewarding, both for completing it and for killing other players in it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.