About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019) - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019)

24

Comments

  • Egg.6198Egg.6198 Member ✭✭

    Piken server with no link server now and after 6 months of getting two dead servers BT and to some extent FoW rince repeat, this is the worst decision made. From someone who plays WvW as their main game mode, play nearly every night primetime and late evenings, seeing the server struggle with coverage and numbers over the past 6-7 months I have a good idea what is going on.

    Also I have been transferring to each link server since December last year, since mid-end of January been transferring to stay with my guild/friends there also. Piken is never open, reads as full and now I can not even transfer despite how expensive its becoming.

    Piken server is dying slowly and has been since February and yet it reads full. Your system for recording server pop is probably recording all the alt accounts, weekend warriors, daily hunters and part timers that do not make up the core group of the wvw pop. We spike a bit on reset/weekend like most servers and then back to low pop through out the week. I am sure other servers have similar problems and the old system of recording pop clearly does not work anymore and the steps towards making change anet is doing are good but make is so people can transfer if you remove a link server that the person has been relying on stay linked with a main server or just make all servers have a link server, simple.

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:
    Fair links? Blacktide is a dead server.. Where do you guys keep getting this nonsense? #ArenanetTrollingTheWvWCommunityAGAIN

    Deso is not a dead server though, it's one of the highest populated one. If you want to complain look at Aurora Glade, that is not a full server being a host and having a terrible link. And Piken/KOdash got nothing...

    aurora glade has bad and kazo, 2 veru active wvw guilds

    i'm pretty sure ag has enough numbers

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @melandru.3876 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:
    Fair links? Blacktide is a dead server.. Where do you guys keep getting this nonsense? #ArenanetTrollingTheWvWCommunityAGAIN

    Deso is not a dead server though, it's one of the highest populated one. If you want to complain look at Aurora Glade, that is not a full server being a host and having a terrible link. And Piken/KOdash got nothing...

    aurora glade has bad and kazo, 2 veru active wvw guilds

    i'm pretty sure ag has enough numbers

    True, I hope you are right. I do not wish anyone to have low popultion unless they choose to be on lower tier servers.

  • melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @melandru.3876 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:
    Fair links? Blacktide is a dead server.. Where do you guys keep getting this nonsense? #ArenanetTrollingTheWvWCommunityAGAIN

    Deso is not a dead server though, it's one of the highest populated one. If you want to complain look at Aurora Glade, that is not a full server being a host and having a terrible link. And Piken/KOdash got nothing...

    aurora glade has bad and kazo, 2 veru active wvw guilds

    i'm pretty sure ag has enough numbers

    True, I hope you are right. I do not wish anyone to have low popultion unless they choose to be on lower tier servers.

    blacktide however really is a dead server :/ still some guys frm HI on it, but all the rest moved off months ago (monty, stikko aswell i believe)

  • Well, was not on reset, but a few buddys where, link = Abaddon's mouth with Ruins of Surmia, they where a lot of insults and kitten jokes in teamchat.
    this morning was a bit better but still not great... let's see what times brings us with this link maybe just adjusting to each other maybe?

    Hope this test will show things to Arena Net. hope they also gonna explain more about this soon, bcs i do not see the benefit from it yet.

  • @Burn.5021 said:

    @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

    • The difference in play hours between the largest and smallest link has decreased by 37% from last linking.
    • The standard deviation on play hours between links has decreased by 39% from the last linking. This means that on average, links are much closer in play hours than before.

    You have actually just acknowledged that players are quitting the game. This is not very encouraging to those who still remain. Players want to see an active game or they will simply migrate to the next option.

    Also, "active playhours" is a highly flawed metric to base populations on as it does not account for activity. You can easily afk for 1000 hours on 10 alt accounts using multiboxing to completely throw off your comparisons that only contributes more unbalance.

    It is also common sense that relinking is meaningless when players are allowed to transfer directly after just to cause unbalance again.

    It's time to server stack with alts. All servers to become Full

  • Kodash? wasn't it flooded with bandwaggoners recently?

    so they moved on now? What a surprise.

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Kodash? wasn't it flooded with bandwaggoners recently?

    so they moved on now? What a surprise.

    Recently ? You mean last year October/November LUL

  • and they stayed for a bit and then moved on. dont blame anet for the behaviour of bandwagoners. It is those who destroy a server.

  • Cambeleg.7632Cambeleg.7632 Member ✭✭✭

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    and they stayed for a bit and then moved on. dont blame anet for the behaviour of bandwagoners. It is those who destroy a server.

    Plus the Link System gave by Anet, that supports this kitten bandwagoning, you'll mean, right? 'Cos without the Link System, bandwagoning would not be so popular and cheap activity.

    Let face the reality: this step is just a "flight forward". Alliances -the excuse why they are "gathering data as we prepare for World Restructuring"- won't save the game mode at all, it'll be only the same with minimal variations for bandwagoning. Smoke over smoke, 'cos we still didn't get real data about how it'll work.

    And meanwhile, other games are starting to appear... and some of them could eat this cake portion.

  • phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭

    I am satisfied with Aurora. We had some trashtalking at the beginning from some keyboard hooligans but then it was really fun. Some of us went to the Aurora discord and some of the Aurora went to our TeamSpeak and we had fun flipping red and blues fort (or whatever u call them in English :P ) with great and intense fights.

  • Leaa.2943Leaa.2943 Member ✭✭

    @Adzekul.3104 said:
    In regards to the Piken situation, on reset last night, for the first hour, we had only one border queued and it was circa 15 (so almost nothing). Within the second hour, there was a second queue of circa 10 on another border. I cannot fathom why Piken Square stays "locked" (note: not going to use "full" anymore because this is simply erroneous - the decision has been made behind the scenes to manually prevent people from transferring to Piken, rather than to let the population number float - prove me wrong, please.).

    I gather Kodash has similar grumbles, but cannot speak directly on this. I only know we had no resistance when we flipped their EBG garri, some time around the 1 hour mark after reset last night. We attacked with a squad of 25 and another tag with circa 10. They defended with max 15. The victory felt a bit hollow, since they had no chance (15 unorganized vs 35 organized). So in the subjective, emotional sense, the "fairness" (see below) just wasn't there.

    "Fairness" is fine as your core principle for balancing, but it is emotional and subjective. So asking people to (blindly) trust the system you have implemented without some increased transparency is not a particularly robust expectation/argument. You can, of course, get people to agree that you have made the right and fair decisions, if you provide the objective population data to support your position.

    Or, you could unlock the "locked" servers (and leave the "full" servers "full" noting my distinction between the two terms above). If you are concerned about overall EU-WvW population: don't be. We have been needing a reduction in tiers from 5 to 4 for quite some time. NOTHING you do to the game mode will bring back the Warclaw-release-day populations. Not even Alliances. Well, maybe if you mega-buffed the rewards to be equivalent with SPvP rewards, but we know that will never happen.

    Been the same with Gandara for i don't know how long. There are people who want to play with their guild but could not transfer there and been paying transfer fee to links for the last half a year or more. Good money for Arena Net i am sure, but not very fun for those stuck in the hamster wheel of paying transfers each time re-link happens and Arena Net keeping hosts closed. At this point it feels like A-Net is manipulating WvW by treating it as they do. It feels like transfer fees are their priority rather then making sure all servers can stay healthy.

    It is obvious they can not do anything about stacking servers anyway since they keep links open for transfers and WvW players waiting until after re-link before moving. And then we are stuck with overstacked servers anyway. A-Net manipulate, players try to reverse it and in the end Arena Net get a lot of transfer fees and closed hosts are the loosers regardless.

  • @Leaa.2943 said:
    Been the same with Gandara for i don't know how long. There are people who want to play with their guild but could not transfer there and been paying transfer fee to links for the last half a year or more. Good money for Arena Net i am sure, but not very fun for those stuck in the hamster wheel of paying transfers each time re-link happens and Arena Net keeping hosts closed. At this point it feels like A-Net is manipulating WvW by treating it as they do. It feels like transfer fees are their priority rather then making sure all servers can stay healthy.

    It is obvious they can not do anything about stacking servers anyway since they keep links open for transfers and WvW players waiting until after re-link before moving. And then we are stuck with overstacked servers anyway. A-Net manipulate, players try to reverse it and in the end Arena Net get a lot of transfer fees and closed hosts are the loosers regardless.

    Remember that transfers mean gem sales. Gem sales mean revenue. Revenue is the be all and end all. Player satisfaction has never mattered more than revenue. The irony here is though, when players are happy, the revenue flows in. It must be a very complicated concept to comprehend.

    Re-links have actually very little to do with world balance. The algorithm used is beyond flawed and allowing transfers directly after re-links make them entirely redundant as it just cause unbalance again.

    How is it possible for Blacktide to be a "Medium" population server when it is clearly dead? How on earth can "Full" servers be linked when they are already suppose to be full? Are we being lied to about server populations?

    It won't surprise me if re-links are changed to a monthly schedule - more transfers, more revenue - WHOOHOOOO $$$$$! But where is the next expansion? It has been more than a year and a half already.

    It is time for the community to smell the tasty coffee!

  • @Leaa.2943 said:
    Can we open up the kitten servers that been closed for ever some even not being full. I mean people want to move to their friends and guilds and have to pay for moving to the link they were on to stay with their people for several link periods now. You could start to wonder if this is made so that you get more money through the jumping of links. No server should be closed for so long as they have now.

    ****This is a serious issue and ANET , should help to fix it****. There are server like Piken Square where guild people has for months paid gems for being together with their friends and guildies. We as Piken also sign a petition asking for open because of continuous gems spending. Now , we are as result alone do not get any support and with guilds split and community partially broken. I cannot believe that this is what ANET wants to disappoint players loyal for years. Please open at least for few days so that we can transfer who was on linked and cannot join our community .

  • Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    I'd love to know the logic behind TC being paired with IoJ not taking anything away from them but we sit in 10th they are 24th and you put us up against FG who sits 5th paired with JQ at 15th? Personally it seems more like someones just tossing darts at a board, it's completely absurd and there is no bloody logic in how you're doing this and if it's some formula you've devised it's clearly broken! Please get this fixed before we lose everybody on Tarnished Coast!

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    @Seductive.5741 said:
    Desolation , Gandara, Seafarer's Rest are all Full / T1 and still got a link , yet Kodash stuck in T5 and full doesnt get a link , while the other full german server who was stuck in T5 gets a link . Where is the logic in that ?

    T1 servers are not so close to each other in population that they could be balanced against each other without any linkings. On the other hand, they are also not so far away that they could be balananced when one of them gets a link (any link, even the smallest one), but another doesn't.

    The thinking probably works the same for any other tier, down to theT5, that unfortunately has to do with what's left, since it's probably the lowest priority. Possibly Anet might consider condensing EU to 4 tiers (without beefing up T1, that is)

    Also, while population can impact server ranking and overall strength, it's not a direct link. A more casual server with theoretically bigger population can be getting rolled over by a smaller but more organized one. Or sometimes one or two key guilds from a server will take a break, and what is left is zergs of random players that aren't on voice comm. And things like that aren't easy to balance (and likely aren't even being taken into consideration, alongside other things that should be important but are ignored, like coverage).

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    Obviously, they need to reduce the Tiers and servers, otherwise some servers will be unlinked, so it wouldn't be 'fair'.
    Besides, the linking system is pretty much creating imbalance, especially with Server populations being off the mark in some cases.
    I wonder where players will bandwagon next, even if Blacktide is 'dead', certain link Servers becomes viable again.

  • @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:
    Obviously, they need to reduce the Tiers and servers, otherwise some servers will be unlinked, so it wouldn't be 'fair'.
    Besides, the linking system is pretty much creating imbalance, especially with Server populations being off the mark in some cases.
    I wonder where players will bandwagon next, even if Blacktide is 'dead' and certain link Servers becomes viable again.

    This proposes a dreadfully wonderful idea... What would happen if say 500 players, just to forsake the system, transferred to a dead lowtier server and for 2 months just obliterated everyone

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    You do know that already happens, when Populated links become host servers, as many hosts lose population, right?

  • But of course, just keep doing it until all servers become locked lol

  • Roxory.9854Roxory.9854 Member ✭✭

    That was the most boring reset we have had in years, very sad, looked like a dying game last night in the borderlands. I wish they would focus more on fixing the problems they have instead of putting time into gimmick core swap events. Sure the events are fun but without a balanced wvw core the match's and fighting are not fun, what's the point then? We ran around all night and there was nothing to fight but npcs and unorganized pugs. Alliances, you get saying that word, I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

    Not EU but how dumb can you be with starting yb/sor in t2 when they spent the entirety of last relink together in t4. Like obviously hours aren't enough. Try idk using your effing brain when deciding tiers instead of creating massacres. The early release of the NA matchups allowed players to transfer prior to relinking which was a dumb move as well as is transfers in general but yeah gotta feel bad for t2 cause 2.4 k/d should happen.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Not EU but how dumb can you be with starting yb/sor in t2 when they spent the entirety of last relink together in t4. Like obviously hours aren't enough. Try idk using your effing brain when deciding tiers instead of creating massacres. The early release of the NA matchups allowed players to transfer prior to relinking which was a dumb move as well as is transfers in general but yeah gotta feel bad for t2 cause 2.4 k/d should happen.

    Matchmaking reverts to the old randomized glicko ranking on relinks. It takes the current glicko rating then adds or subtracts a random number within a certain range of the rating to decide tiers. Since SF and BP are now host servers with previously frozen glicko scores that are way lower than other servers, there was a very low probability that YB would have rolled a T4 match.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    anet should instead of relinking, just reset servers every 2 month so the world population can be replenished based on active players

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Nora.9207Nora.9207 Member ✭✭

    @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

    @Tuchanka.5148 said:
    they've fighted and learnt to hate for years

    I want to reply to this specific line: there is no place for hate in Guild Wars 2. Hateful behavior should be reported and we regularly take actions about hate speech. If you see any within the game (or on the forums for that matter!), please follow these instructions:

    1. Right click on the player's character
    2. Click on the small portrait of the player near the top and center of your screen
    3. Select "Report"
    4. On the Player Conduct Report panel choose a reason for your report from the drop-down menu

    Hmmm, you know this is a game? And if we want to hate the enemy server then gamewise we are allowed to
    There is a difference between game hate and real life hate ...
    I have done hatefull things in this game e.g. pew pew'd an afk enemy (I justify it by saying he chose poorly) - we had a whispered chat about it, I had to explain I am hopeless player and can only kill stationary objects, offered him sweeties not to revenge kill me)
    Think you got wrong end of stick with Tuchanka's post, Steph

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭

    NA T2 is just a disaster.
    Anyone who wants title: "Ultimate Dominator" and/or "Plays for Keeps" both FC and JQ are open to bandwagon and those 2 titles are just whats going on in there.

  • Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    This topic is getting away from the original subject, which is the removal of the language limitations in linking. This change seems to have been a success. Unfortunately it has highlighted yet again the problems in the population modelling (... which invoke the emotional arguments we are seeing).

    An example that shows how both unlinked-Piken and unlinked-Kodash are the lowest EU populations at 14th and 15th. The modelling done by this website is probably not so complex, and probably also not the final picture, but (perhaps superficially) seems to be a more accurate representation than hours played. The numbers may be affected by people on those servers feeling unmotivated to play, to some degree, but the spread of population shows that GH + Riverside (18147) is three times the population of Kodash (6152) during EU timezones so far since Friday reset. How "EU Timezones" is determined is unclear.

    So how do we fix this? (Or "how do we convince Anet to fix this" might be a better way to say it). I would ask the devs to consider:

    • "Hours played at tier 6 participation" instead of "hours played" in WvW might be a better metric. People who maintain T6 are karma training, flipping objectives, pip-farming, zerging, GvGing, escorting dolyaks and small-scale roaming. In other words, not sitting in keeps, running around pulling tactivators, trolling team chat with long, hate-conversations, or otherwise "taking up space" (Pip-farming might also fall into this, but you can probably not filter it out. I suspect the population of dedicated pip-farmers is rather low, and that people generally do this for short periods of time during low activity periods).
    • Some weighted function of hours played that weights T6 higher than other tiers. There are 7 tiers (zero through 6). Zero can be ignored in the weighting. 1, 2, and 3 could all be weighted very low, because one gets no pips in these tiers; or perhaps a maximum of 20% for all 3 tiers combined). Tiers 4 and 5 could each be weighted something like 25% or less, and T6 could be weighted 50% or more.
    • Do you have a PhD mathematician or a person with experience in population modelling? Are you willing to hire one? Considering the complexity of the game population, and the play styles of the WvW sub-population, some very complex modelling is probably needed to find a better metric.
    • Maybe open a dialog with the community on the subject of population modelling in the game.

    Bit of a long post (again). I hope these suggestions are considered worthwhile.
    TLDR: Removal of language restrictions = successful change, but it highlights the population modelling problem.

  • Nexxus.5347Nexxus.5347 Member ✭✭

    YB and SOR still linked and placed in T2. WHY WHY WHY! We have been in T4 for the last 3 months and now we are in T2. How exactly does that happen? I really dont care about your WvW event at this point while YB/SOR get zerg slaughter by T1/T2 servers. Thanks Anet. Thanks.

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    @Adzekul.3104 said:
    This topic is getting away from the original subject, which is the removal of the language limitations in linking. This change seems to have been a success. Unfortunately it has highlighted yet again the problems in the population modelling (... which invoke the emotional arguments we are seeing).

    An example that shows how both unlinked-Piken and unlinked-Kodash are the lowest EU populations at 14th and 15th. The modelling done by this website is probably not so complex, and probably also not the final picture, but (perhaps superficially) seems to be a more accurate representation than hours played. The numbers may be affected by people on those servers feeling unmotivated to play, to some degree, but the spread of population shows that GH + Riverside (18147) is three times the population of Kodash (6152) during EU timezones so far since Friday reset. How "EU Timezones" is determined is unclear.

    So how do we fix this? (Or "how do we convince Anet to fix this" might be a better way to say it). I would ask the devs to consider:

    • "Hours played at tier 6 participation" instead of "hours played" in WvW might be a better metric. People who maintain T6 are karma training, flipping objectives, pip-farming, zerging, GvGing, escorting dolyaks and small-scale roaming. In other words, not sitting in keeps, running around pulling tactivators, trolling team chat with long, hate-conversations, or otherwise "taking up space" (Pip-farming might also fall into this, but you can probably not filter it out. I suspect the population of dedicated pip-farmers is rather low, and that people generally do this for short periods of time during low activity periods).
    • Some weighted function of hours played that weights T6 higher than other tiers. There are 7 tiers (zero through 6). Zero can be ignored in the weighting. 1, 2, and 3 could all be weighted very low, because one gets no pips in these tiers; or perhaps a maximum of 20% for all 3 tiers combined). Tiers 4 and 5 could each be weighted something like 25% or less, and T6 could be weighted 50% or more.
    • Do you have a PhD mathematician or a person with experience in population modelling? Are you willing to hire one? Considering the complexity of the game population, and the play styles of the WvW sub-population, some very complex modelling is probably needed to find a better metric.
    • Maybe open a dialog with the community on the subject of population modelling in the game.

    Bit of a long post (again). I hope these suggestions are considered worthwhile.
    TLDR: Removal of language restrictions = successful change, but it highlights the population modelling problem.

    I thought this thread was about World Relinks.
    Edit: were you looking for https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/79608/removing-language-restrictions-for-eu-world-linking#latest

  • Piken not being linked have made it so I can't play with my guild mates for the next two months. I been checking if Piken is open for transfer 2-3 times every day the past 6-7 months. No idea why Piken is "full" since the only time I have seen ques on all borders is when then wvw mount came out, and that lasted only a week. Resets and during the week there is very seldom ques on more then one border.

    I am humbly asking the devs to open up Piken for transfers so me (and the rest of my guildies stuck on linked servers) can transfer to Piken.
    Two months not being able to play with our Guild mates is too long, way too long.

    Thank you in advance

  • Now we have 12 servers linking with any of the 15 main servers. That means that every relink there will be 3 servers without a link.

    So either abolish 5th tier and have 15 servers link to 12 main servers, or merge servers so there will be 12 main and 12 linked servers, ensuring with either option that a server will have a link.

  • @Malfrador.3615 said:
    I get why Piken has no Link, but Kodash? Hard stuck in the last tier since weeks, no queue
    during the whole week and only one map queue on reset. Feels like there is something still wrong with your numbers as well as the "Full" status.

    Well, iam quite sure they have noticed the "forced" reopening due to striking a while back and are now manually setting the server on full even if it is clearly not full.
    Guess it's time for Kodash to die now, summer is up so there will be less players anyway and i bet you many players + whole guilds will leave the server.

    Does anybody remember when Linkings were a "test"? They have become an imbalance piece of garbage long ago and Anet does not care about that mode anymore. Alliance System? lul, it will never come.

  • L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

    @Rotchi.1630 said:
    Piken not being linked have made it so I can't play with my guild mates for the next two months. I been checking if Piken is open for transfer 2-3 times every day the past 6-7 months. No idea why Piken is "full" since the only time I have seen ques on all borders is when then wvw mount came out, and that lasted only a week. Resets and during the week there is very seldom ques on more then one border.

    I am humbly asking the devs to open up Piken for transfers so me (and the rest of my guildies stuck on linked servers) can transfer to Piken.
    Two months not being able to play with our Guild mates is too long, way too long.

    Thank you in advance

    Cant they transfer?

  • DanCjr.2406DanCjr.2406 Member ✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

    @DanCjr.2406 said:
    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

    Yeah the biggest sin wasn't certain links it was the tier they started them in. Cool chart from the link. Looks like FC got a link that addresses their coverage issues so maybe they can actually compete in T1 then being perm tanking end of week to stay in T2. Yb and NSP will probably be the 2 servers trapped in t4 shortly cuz NSP got ebay and all the BG followers jumped to Kain. Anet can only do so much with the transfer issue but they messed up the starting tiers this time and combined is the reason for a ton of complaints.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And the transfers are real. So Anet was this your intent, creating kitten links so people will transfer? Is that really the business model you want?

  • Percy.2954Percy.2954 Member
    edited June 30, 2019

    The most recent server relinks were a success from my point of view. Thanks ANet!
    The amount of whining in this thread is remarkable, especially from players on Piken Sq or from servers who used to be linked to Piken Sq for quite a long time. Do players need a reminder there is no guarantee to stay linked forever or that your server is linked to another at all? Other servers learned that lesson long ago. My server was fending for itself alone in WvW all those years except for three short linkings à 2 months. Welcome to the club.^^
    Furthermore, players who think the grass is always greener on the other side just prove they haven't grown up yet. Since early access start almost 7yrs ago, I stayed on the server chosen in 2012 regardless of the tidal changes in WvW. Bandwagoning is a thing for weak minds and server hopping certainly doesn't generate any sympathy for the gems spent. If you can't stand being on the potentially weaker side don't play open PvP (WvW). The devs cannot guarantee it to be fair at all times. They do their best to even the odds but that's about it. You could learn to enjoy the perks of being outnumbered. I have grown used to it and if the new system of server links regardless of language restrictions will make that a thing of the past, I will adapt to it too. Sharing the same side with players who speak French was already refreshing and fun. It's a game - make the best of it and enjoy yourself.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DanCjr.2406 said:
    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

    Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chaba.5410 said:

    @DanCjr.2406 said:
    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

    Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    Thats t4. Did the 3 servers in t3 have lower too?

  • Egg.6198Egg.6198 Member ✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    @Percy.2954 said:
    The most recent server relinks were a success from my point of view. Thanks ANet!
    The amount of whining in this thread is remarkable, especially from players on Piken Sq or from servers who used to be linked to Piken Sq for quite a long time. Do players need a reminder there is no guarantee to stay linked forever or that your server is linked to another at all? Other servers learned that lesson long ago. My server was fending for itself alone in WvW all those years except for three short linkings à 2 months. Welcome to the club.^^
    Furthermore, players who think the grass is always greener on the other side just prove they haven't grown up yet. Since early access start almost 7yrs ago, I stayed on the server chosen in 2012 regardless of the tidal changes in WvW. Bandwagoning is a thing for weak minds and server hopping certainly doesn't generate any sympathy for the gems spent. If you can't stand being on the potentially weaker side don't play open PvP (WvW). The devs cannot guarantee it to be fair at all times. They do their best to even the odds but that's about it. You could learn to enjoy the perks of being outnumbered. I have grown used to it and if the new system of server links regardless of language restrictions will make that a thing of the past, I will adapt to it too. Sharing the same side with players who speak French was already refreshing and fun. It's a game - make the best of it and enjoy yourself.

    This is a good copy pasta for a certain popular streamer. Feel like a troll post reading it but if you serious, maybe your comment was posted in the wrong part of the forum because a lot of the stuff you vaguely quoting seem completely detached from the conversation that is actually going on and the things you said has helped NO ONE......You honestly sound more frustrated than anyone else. Great you stayed on one server since 2012, great that you grown up, good job you never "bandwagoned" and for having a strong mind but all of that said has literally added NOTHING to the conversation, nothing of use. Its like you miss the point completely what many people from Piken have been saying and made some rubbish up on the spot. Instead give a solution to the other peoples problem that might add some worth to the conversation.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Chaba.5410 said:

    @DanCjr.2406 said:
    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

    Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    Thats t4. Did the 3 servers in t3 have lower too?

    The glicko matchmaking system did in fact give a lower score to those too. How do you think rank 4 FA ended up as blue in T1 (rank 2) after it was just in T3?

    I wish the wiki explained how the glicko matchmaking system works since it still gets used. Every server gets a random number added or subtracted to the glicko score in order to create match variations. The glicko scores of BP, SF, and Mag were just low enough as to create almost zero possibility of them not being in T4 while the scores of T2 and T3 servers are close enough (within 100 points) to have higher probabilities of being shuffled.

    At least the good news is YB will drop to the tier it fits in best faster under 1u1d than with glicko matchmaking. We will probably see SF or BP dominate T3 next week if they really got stacked.

    This old website would calculate the chances of certain matchups occurring under the old matchmaking system http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2019

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Chaba.5410 said:

    @DanCjr.2406 said:
    Can anyone from ArenaNet explain the YB/SoR situation? We spent the entire last relink paired together with glaring and obvious coverage gaps (just look at our timezone rankings) and we spent most of the 8 weeks battling between 2nd and 3rd place with Dragonbrand in Tier 4. All of this equates into us being a Tier 2 server now? I just don't get it. Are you trying to make everyone on those servers quit? Activity has plummeted over the weekend. The mood in all the community Discords is awful. I just don't understand the logic. Could an explanation be given into how that happens?

    Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    Thats t4. Did the 3 servers in t3 have lower too?

    Match-Making before looser-down/winner-up (and still used after relinks) was Glicko plus minus a randonnumber (if I remember right 0.4 * deviation, which is around 120). And the Glicko numbers are so close together (due to the 3-4-5 pts per skirmish), that the random number dominates, the matchmaking. So you are in a higher tear as you rolled a higher number than the others. That's it.

  • Daxia.1425Daxia.1425 Member ✭✭

    I read some nice ideas but my fear is that Anet doesn't care about WvWvW. It's not like they ever listened to the community of players. With the making of the Desert Borderlands they got a lot of input and they did their own thing and ignored the players. I honestly don't think it will be different this time. I would like to thank the players who made an effort and put their thoughts about WvWvW in these forums. Maybe one day Anet will listen to the WvWvW player community.

  • @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Malfrador.3615 said:
    I get why Piken has no Link, but Kodash? Hard stuck in the last tier since weeks, no queue
    during the whole week and only one map queue on reset. Feels like there is something still wrong with your numbers as well as the "Full" status.

    I dont understand it either, how can Kodash be full and still can only have one map filled with people, and sometimes not even that. How are these Full/High calculations done?

    i think its because Kodash and Piken can have one map full on their own that they are not linked. for perspective even linked servers can barely have a map full at reset. so just one server having a map full without any linking is impressive to me.

  • Meridian.9103Meridian.9103 Member ✭✭

    @FORTIFIED.8106 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:

    @Malfrador.3615 said:
    I get why Piken has no Link, but Kodash? Hard stuck in the last tier since weeks, no queue
    during the whole week and only one map queue on reset. Feels like there is something still wrong with your numbers as well as the "Full" status.

    I dont understand it either, how can Kodash be full and still can only have one map filled with people, and sometimes not even that. How are these Full/High calculations done?

    i think its because Kodash and Piken can have one map full on their own that they are not linked. for perspective even linked servers can barely have a map full at reset. so just one server having a map full without any linking is impressive to me.

    Except Kodash can't really anymore...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.