About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019) - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019)

13

Comments

  • DanCjr.2406DanCjr.2406 Member ✭✭
    edited July 1, 2019

    @Chaba.5410 said: Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    I know rematching is done by glicko, my question was more of a "explain to me how your glicko calculations actually came up with this disaster of a situation."

    @Dayra.7405 said: And the Glicko numbers are so close together (due to the 3-4-5 pts per skirmish), that the random number dominates, the matchmaking. So you are in a higher tear as you rolled a higher number than the others. That's it.

    This is a major problem if a 'random' number can shoot a server so far out of whack from where it should realistically be. I understand the new bandwagons are always in tier 4 at the start of a new match but putting the old tier 4 servers into tier 2 makes no sense. It's Monday morning and we're already losing by 50 points. What do you think this does to a server? No one's logging in, when they do they're getting spawned camped for an entire day. Saddest part of that was FC had to resort to mortars and trebs when they started to get actual push back despite their spawn campers still having almost double the numbers. Oh, and I'm not crying about it, I'm just saying it's pretty sad a 'good' server can't win outnumbered fights without siege. Definitely something to brag about to the other top tier servers right FC?

  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2019

    Seriously, is the loot dropping from a higher kill ratio really that much better to justify server jumping bandwagons?

    Don’t these players realize that playing PvP or even PvE content awards way more gold than WvW ?

    I just never understood the players that frequently jump servers. In fact, I love playing outnumbered as it extremely fun to win 1vs2 against your typical WvW players.

  • I would like to understand if ANET is looking on the issue of full servers not linked that has guild wvw broken and if they are looking for a solution.

  • L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

    @DanCjr.2406 said:

    @Chaba.5410 said: Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    I know rematching is done by glicko, my question was more of a "explain to me how your glicko calculations actually came up with this disaster of a situation."

    @Dayra.7405 said: And the Glicko numbers are so close together (due to the 3-4-5 pts per skirmish), that the random number dominates, the matchmaking. So you are in a higher tear as you rolled a higher number than the others. That's it.

    This is a major problem if a 'random' number can shoot a server so far out of whack from where it should realistically be. I understand the new bandwagons are always in tier 4 at the start of a new match but putting the old tier 4 servers into tier 2 makes no sense. It's Monday morning and we're already losing by 50 points. What do you think this does to a server? No one's logging in, when they do they're getting spawned camped for an entire day. Saddest part of that was FC had to resort to mortars and trebs when they started to get actual push back despite their spawn campers still having almost double the numbers. Oh, and I'm not crying about it, I'm just saying it's pretty sad a 'good' server can't win outnumbered fights without siege. Definitely something to brag about to the other top tier servers right FC?

    Lol FC has, besides STRM 5 players in ocx and SEA

    We Both know that's not FC spawncamping

  • Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

    @L A T I O N.8923 said:
    We Both know that's not FC spawncamping

    During both of my lengthy play sessions over the weekend, I kept my participation up almost exclusively by standing near a Legendary Defender and occasionally pulling an FC player into range of the defender to secure a kill.

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2019

    As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.
    Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.
    There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.
    Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

  • DanCjr.2406DanCjr.2406 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2, 2019

    @L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Lol FC has, besides STRM 5 players in ocx and SEA

    We Both know that's not FC spawncamping

    Who said this happened during ocx and sea timezones. The situation I described was from about 11am est until 11pm est on Sunday. Take a guess who is thicc during that timezone? coughfccough

  • L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

    @DanCjr.2406 said:

    @L A T I O N.8923 said:
    Lol FC has, besides STRM 5 players in ocx and SEA

    We Both know that's not FC spawncamping

    Who said this happened during ocx and sea timezones. The situation I described was from about 11am est until 11pm est on Sunday. Take a guess who is thicc during that timezone? coughfccough

    No clue, im from EU and sleep around those Times
    But plz tell me more

  • DamiVlad.2689DamiVlad.2689 Member ✭✭

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.
    Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.
    There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.
    Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

    Gunnar's Holdian here, was a bit worried when I first saw we were with german server, but then I saw you are quite a pleasant link to have, many comms, and good communication between us two, so I'm gonna appreciate this new change !

  • Finally ANet made a good decision regarding WvW! Linking the servers internationally was the best thing they have given WvW for a long time. We can cope perfectly with our international partner server and finally there seem to bee a lot more players than before. In my opinion, they should first wait and see if the alliance system, as planned, will be needed at all.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So already your linking is being undermined by massive transfers Anet. Great thinking there.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2019

    @DanCjr.2406 said:

    @Chaba.5410 said: Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, and Maguuma all had lower glicko score than YB. Matchmaking on relinks is done by glicko.

    I know rematching is done by glicko, my question was more of a "explain to me how your glicko calculations actually came up with this disaster of a situation."

    Which is exactly what I've been trying to explain if you read some of my other responses here.

    Look at the chart on this old blog post that explains the calculation. You see the ranks and rating columns doesn't match the matchmaking rating. #1 rated BG in that chart rolls blue T2.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/

    And realize that they now cap the random adjustment to matchmaking rating at 100:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-matchup-variance-reduction/

    Now go to https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw and look at how close in glicko rating a bunch of T2/T3 servers are, not more than 100 points away from each other.

  • CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2019

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    So already your linking is being undermined by massive transfers Anet. Great thinking there.

    Do you mean people moving to the higher tiers, cause blacktide is suddenly back from the dead too. So it's probably impossible to drop out of T1, with such an influx of transfers.

    Thanks to how cheap transfers to link servers are, even English speaking guilds will move to EU national servers, if it's linked to a International one.

  • @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:
    even English speaking guilds will move to EU national servers, if it's linked to a International one.

    Will? It is happening already.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    So already your linking is being undermined by massive transfers Anet. Great thinking there.

    Do you mean people moving to the higher tiers, cause blacktide is suddenly back from the dead too. So it's probably impossible to drop out of T1, with such an influx of transfers.

    Thanks to how cheap transfers to link servers are, even English speaking guilds will move to EU national servers, if it's linked to a International one.

    Yes the sad bandwagoners are now frequently spotted on blacktide.

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2019

    Dzagonur Server population went from medium over high to very high over the weekend.
    Probably because of WvW guild transfers, but also since we have a lot of PvX players and the new linking appears interesting at the moment. ^^

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not too keen on this change, but it doesn't hurt me either.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭

    Imagine if anet locked all servers for a week or so directly after relink, just so people can atleast try out the link before jumping ship

    Resident sleeper of Desolation & Blackgate
    Formerly of IRON HB AH now RPing stronk with FROG
    Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

  • Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2019

    I am still waiting for an explanation as to how this new matchup was set? We are considered Tier 2 and were matched up with a Tier 8 for however long these typically last, meanwhile for the week this is what we are faced with 2 groups consisting of Tier 2 matched with Tier 4. Now if you look at the combined rating points in rankings it leaves our group at 2,770.8945 matched against group 2 with a rating of 3,396.7259 and group 3 with 3,532.6748. None of this makes any bloody sense and clearly something is broken or there is some kind of biased in these rankings and matchups. Someone at Anet needs to come to the forefront and explain what the hell is going on and what the rational is because I can't make any sense of it, regardless of which stats I look at.

    Also while i'm at it why is TC locked as full, I've been here since day 1 and i can tell you we do not have the same level or volumes of players as we originally had, and I'm not just talking WvW. Why can't the numbers be published so we get a good idea of what is reality because lord knows we could use an influx and everyone I've spoken to that wants to join our server cannot because it's locked. If the system is set based on accounts then you need to review if these are all original accounts or someone with 30 alt accounts causing this.
    Can we just get some answers, or she would just move on to something else?

  • Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭

    Change...bad...must...hate...on...it!

    I like the changes (WSR). Being tri-lingual is sure a bonus for me, but its actually not even necessary. Seeing no real language related issues, just the usual "why did we get linked with X against Y" complaints.

  • Nice Job ANet ! Matchups have never been so well balanced. Yes Nice job. If you want to destroy WvW just delete it, this will be just faster. one against ten whatever the hour is, Yes Nice job ANet !

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682 said:
    Nice Job ANet ! Matchups have never been so well balanced. Yes Nice job. If you want to destroy WvW just delete it, this will be just faster. one against ten whatever the hour is, Yes Nice job ANet !

    It's not ANet that destroys balance, but the player transferring, as they prefer to win without effort.

  • Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dayra.7405 said:> It's not ANet that destroys balance, but the player transferring, as they prefer to win without effort.

    Really????
    "We are considered Tier 2 and were matched up with a Tier 8 for however long these typically last, meanwhile for the week this is what we are faced with 2 groups consisting of Tier 2 matched with Tier 4. Now if you look at the combined rating points in rankings it leaves our group at 2,770.8945 matched against group 2 with a rating of 3,396.7259 and group 3 with 3,532.6748. None of this makes any bloody sense and clearly something is broken or there is some kind of biased in these rankings and matchups."
    Yes, there are players making it worse but i can tell you, the situation above is strictly their doing, so is the fact our server is lol "Full". These issues are all their doing not the players so go ahead and defend them but frankly many of us are still waiting on explanations as to how and why these things keep happening!

  • SlateSloan.3654SlateSloan.3654 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

    the „fight“ guilds who been on kodasch arrived also on dzagonur. dzagonur is now much likely to be full soon as linking to gunnars hold. this combo is now full of ppt and ppk much likely go t1 soon.

    And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

    @Vlad Morbius.1759
    I agree, not everything is players, the WvW-system also has some flaws:

    The 5-4-3 pts for skirmishes blinded the Glicko-System more than the players, resulting in very close Glicko-Scores (Even worser the Glicko of server that switched from minor to mayor-server are complete garbage), with the consequence that the old Glicko+Random matchmaking still used after relinks is now mostly Random-matches. Probably that is the problem of this weeks NA-matches.
    It's really surprising that ANet still uses Glicko, as the linking process produces a better number to make the post-relink matches now: the play-hours of servers. And the random part is not needed at all anymore since normal match-making is winner-up/looser-down. (It was once needed as the tiers where totally separated from each other.)

    The second flaw is that transfer-limits (full)and costs are applied to server and not to the whole link. This way it's still possible and usually even very cheap (the minor servers of strong links is often medium) to transfer. to a link that already dominates a match.

    The third flaw is that transfer have no immediate effect on server (better link) status, only in the longer run the transferred players add their newly played hours to the new instead of the old server. (But due to the necessary averaging this is much to slow.) This way such mass-transfers as yesterday from Kodash to Dzagonur are still possible with disastrous results on balance. Better would be that each transferring player immediately affects the status (subtract the hours a player played from source server and add them to destination server)

    I hope that alliances will avoid these flaws. I am not sure if it makes sense to fix the old system, but now it's nearly 2 years after announcing alliances, how many years will it take to get them?

  • Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

    Looking at the monochrome colour of EBG 3 hours before EU reset in my server's match-up, I have to say the problems of EU-WvW have been laid bare in spectacular fashion. Removal of the language restrictions for linking has done so very little towards fixing the population balance problem. Four of the five tiers were awfully one-sided match-ups this week. Glicko is part of that, so not going to hammer Anet too hard. But I have to get a few things off my chest.

    As we approach the end of the week:

    • The unlinked servers have the lowest populations (Surprise? No. But the scale stands out.)
    • The spread between 1st and 15th is a factor of almost 3:1 (GH circa 110k and Kodash circa 40k) during EU timezones from the stats at wvwstats.com/timezones. It has stayed at this ratio for the whole week. So the standard deviation in population (see below) still remains rather large.
    • On NA servers, the NA-EST population spread between 1st and 12th is only 2:1 and NA-PST is only 3:2. So much less of a problem. On NA the issue seems to be sudden population shifts (that then mess-up the linkings).

    Sorry to do this ... I know you guys work hard to try to make this situation better, but I am now wiser than I was when this was originally posted ...

    @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    We looked at this world linking and compared it to past ones, and we would like to share a few data points on how links have been improved:

    • The difference in play hours between the largest and smallest link has decreased by 37% from last linking.
    • The standard deviation on play hours between links has decreased by 39% from the last linking. This means that on average, links are much closer in play hours than before.

    Methinks you were given misleading information to post (recall the famous quote: "Lies, kitten lies and statistics"). A 39% lower standard deviation in play hours seems to be rather small, now that we are at the end of the week. I doubt you would have been provided with the actual standard deviations before and after, rather than the relative change; this would make the magnitude of the problem quite clear, I suspect.

    The next step will have to be delivery of Alliances (and not in the long term) or removal of one tier from EU-WvW. I do not think "the next step" can wait another 3 months, if I may give my opinion.

  • Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

    @SlateSloan.3654 said:
    the „fight“ guilds who been on kodasch arrived also on dzagonur. dzagonur is now much likely to be full soon as linking to gunnars hold. this combo is now full of ppt and ppk much likely go t1 soon.

    And still Kodash is locked (not going to say "full" ... see one of my earlier posts for the reasoning). I wonder what would happen if everyone left Kodash, leaving literally zero people ... would it still stay locked?

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

    @Adzekul.3104 said:

    @SlateSloan.3654 said:
    the „fight“ guilds who been on kodasch arrived also on dzagonur. dzagonur is now much likely to be full soon as linking to gunnars hold. this combo is now full of ppt and ppk much likely go t1 soon.

    And still Kodash is locked (not going to say "full" ... see one of my earlier posts for the reasoning). I wonder what would happen if everyone left Kodash, leaving literally zero people ... would it still stay locked?

    No it's just that play-hours are averaged over some time-span, and that delays noticing such effects. (see point 3 of my post above) I guess we will see the effect on Monday as weekends have much higher play-hours than weekday

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

    @Adzekul.3104 said:
    Looking at the monochrome colour of EBG 3 hours before EU reset in my server's match-up, I have to say the problems of EU-WvW have been laid bare in spectacular fashion. Removal of the language restrictions for linking has done so very little towards fixing the population balance problem. Four of the five tiers were awfully one-sided match-ups this week. Glicko is part of that, so not going to hammer Anet too hard. But I have to get a few things off my chest.

    Or, perhaps, and I'm just guessing wildly here, its been the first week of relink and the tiers are messed up until the new links settle in their more accurate positions against more equal opponents. Its only happens like... every two months... but it does seem to take players by surprise every time.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ihlen.9348 said:
    If you get linked with Darkhaven it will drag you down to t4 and kill your alliance and server.

    Can we link Darkhaven with Blackgate next time?

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Ihlen.9348 said:
    If you get linked with Darkhaven it will drag you down to t4 and kill your alliance and server.

    Can we link Darkhaven with Blackgate next time?

    I keep hoping for BG+DB.

  • @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.
    Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.
    There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.
    Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

    well, one discord admin and GH officer threatened to kick any GH player posting kitten on chat out of GH guild AND from gh discord. That might have helped. We do have some cleansing powers... it just depends on the people we are linked with, if those engage.

    That said, so far, I have been very pleased with the link.

  • DamiVlad.2689DamiVlad.2689 Member ✭✭

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.
    Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.
    There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.
    Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

    well, one discord admin and GH officer threatened to kick any GH player posting kitten on chat out of GH guild AND from gh discord. That might have helped. We do have some cleansing powers... it just depends on the people we are linked with, if those engage.

    That said, so far, I have been very pleased with the link.

    Not had the chance to ban someone for that yet, which is at the same time sad for me because I love my banhammer, but also a good thing because that means that link is good :D

  • @DamiVlad.2689 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    As a Dzagonur player, I'm pleasantly surprised by Gunnar.
    Communication works fine and fights often went smoothly.
    There were a lot of kitten-related messages coming from some Gunnar people at reset, though, but luckily that seems to have died down as well.
    Also, suddenly everywhere are roamers. ^^

    well, one discord admin and GH officer threatened to kick any GH player posting kitten on chat out of GH guild AND from gh discord. That might have helped. We do have some cleansing powers... it just depends on the people we are linked with, if those engage.

    That said, so far, I have been very pleased with the link.

    Not had the chance to ban someone for that yet, which is at the same time sad for me because I love my banhammer, but also a good thing because that means that link is good :D

    I think we can establish that the Dzag players are pretty nice. Now we have to see how the Kodash bandwag-... refugees behave.

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    Well... We canceled yesterday's guild raid due to WS.
    Usually we run on Sundays from 19:30 to 21:30 with around 20 people. Because of the population increase, most of us came 30 minutes in advance (19:00). Then all boardes had queues already.
    At 20:20 we only had 70% of the players on a map. We switched to EoM, but there were no enemies there.
    So, we did some sparring in the guild-hall...

    I have nothing against kodash players, but the current situation is unsatisfying.
    Even if we can get most of the players on the map an hour in advance, any DC will kick out the player for the evening. At 23:00 most boarders are free, but it's mostly luck to meet an enemy zerg then...

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    Well... We canceled yesterday's guild raid due to WS.
    Usually we run on Sundays from 19:30 to 21:30 with around 20 people. Because of the population increase, most of us came 30 minutes in advance (19:00). Then all boardes had queues already.
    At 20:20 we only had 70% of the players on a map. We switched to EoM, but there were no enemies there.
    So, we did some sparring in the guild-hall...

    I have nothing against kodash players, but the current situation is unsatisfying.
    Even if we can get most of the players on the map an hour in advance, any DC will kick out the player for the evening. At 23:00 most boarders are free, but it's mostly luck to meet an enemy zerg then...

    People complain when there are no queues, people complain when there are queues... WvW is dead, yet its too alive.

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    People complain when there are no queues, people complain when there are queues... WvW is dead, yet its too alive.

    Never read people complaining about no queues. Maybe about a lack of enemies. Usually, they come somewhere at some point, though. WvW is also not dead. Plenty of activity and active WvW guilds. At the moment even too much activity. ^^
    The relinking system takes care to balance population but fails if after the balancing 200 people decide to join the server...
    I just hope the situation get's better again during the week.

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2019

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    Never read people complaining about no queues.

    Not? The usual formulation is: "We are outnumbered on every map"
    Have a look into https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81468/what-is-going-on-with-piken-square-population-status

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.
    They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.
    If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

    But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

  • @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.
    They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.
    If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

    But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

    Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.

  • enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2019

    @Reztek.7805 said:

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.
    They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.
    If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

    But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

    Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.

    Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, kitten?!?"

    So, actually there are ppl that even simultaneously complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

  • @enkidu.5937 said:

    @Reztek.7805 said:

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.
    They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.
    If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

    But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

    Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.

    Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, kitten?!?"

    So, actually there are ppl that even simultaneously complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

    So you don't think the point of such statements is "... but still a full server"? Ppl want balanced matchups. And since there's no ingame info on how many ppl are simultaneously playing for your server, ppl seem to use queues as the only way of comparison. Nevertheless, they want balanced matchups, not being not able to join wvw at all because of queues.

  • Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

    So last night the populations calculation changed, at least in EU. Only one server (Dzagonur) is now full. Locked servers are unlocked, at least for the moment.

    Thank you for listening.

  • enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭

    @Reztek.7805 said:

    @enkidu.5937 said:

    @Reztek.7805 said:

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    This might be nitpicking, but they are not complaining about not having queues.
    They complain about being outnumbered everywhere.
    If they had a 50 queue on one border and are outnumbered everywhere else, they probably wouldn't be happier.

    But between waiting half an hour to join any map and being outnumbered everywhere there should be a middle ground.

    Nope, that's not nitpicking at all. Never witnessed someone complaining about no queues either. And "We are outnumbered on every map" is not even a close analogy.

    Current threads are full of "at reset we only had one queue, but still a full server, kitten?!?"

    So, actually there are ppl that even simultaneously complain about having an endless queue on EBG and not having queues (and thus not enough ppl) on the other 3 maps xD

    So you don't think the point of such statements is "... but still a full server"? Ppl want balanced matchups. And since there's no ingame info on how many ppl are simultaneously playing for your server, ppl seem to use queues as the only way of comparison. Nevertheless, they want balanced matchups, not being not able to join wvw at all because of queues.

    Not sure if ppl want balanced match ups. Some transfer to an already dominant server to get easy lewt. Some transfer to a dead server to stack fight guilds (they dont care if their server is outnumbered, because they dont care about PPT and winning).

    Queues are not a good measure, true. If there is a lack of coms, then ppl would try to stack one map. If lots of coms lead, ppl would spread among the maps.

  • Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭

    Probably it's mostly a weekend thing, too.
    Outside primetime on Dzagonur usually we get on maps (only ebg queue at 23:00) and yesterday we got everyone on our first choice of map. Most were 30 Min in advance there, but people coming late also were able to join after 15 Minutes.
    So, the smart thing might be to shift weekend-raids outside prime time or do something else... or be there an hour in advance. ^^

  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

    There will be a day when people realize that even if you ppt to top spot in a tier you still win nothing.

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

    @Klypto.1703 said:
    There will be a day when people realize that even if you ppt to top spot in a tier you still win

    Hm that was 6 years ago. Unfortunately WvW was more fun before it happend.

  • @Adzekul.3104 said:
    A message for all the Kodash that moved to Dzagonur ... you are the only full server now. You have re-created exactly the same problem you recently escaped ... next relink, Dzagonur will be unlinked and you will be unhappy again. You might consider doing yourselves a favour in the next month or so and dispersing a bit. Hopefully not all en masse, since this makes a huge mess for the community and it misleads Anet into thinking WvW is healthy due to the gem income.

    This is the price we all pay for being impatient, I guess.

    well, they could have stayed on Kodash. Then they would have got all the fights they want.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.