RIP chrono - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

RIP chrono

Comments

• Menaka.5092Menaka.5092 Member ✭✭

@Hectorim Sears.1479 said:

@Kiza.5630 said:

, but weren't other F abilities pretty niche when cast like that?

1 sec distort to avoid a single timed attack. Remove condi out of combat when traited (that super annoying 15 sec remaining cripple), on demand stability with otherwise useless shatters for your build when traited (and other useful boons for you). A bit of alacrity and when traited quickness from them. Quite a few things I used them for that were just interesting/fun/nice to have.

When you put it like that, I guess it was quite useful, if not only for quality of life and de-clunking (I didn't know shatter cleanse worked out of combat).

if you have a condi on you, you're still in combat

• Menaka.5092Menaka.5092 Member ✭✭

@alain.1659 said:

Is "dry" shattering so important? Seriously, reading all of the above comments, I'm kind of amazed. Back in vanilla, many builds did not use Illusionary Persona at all...

I was one of those who did not use IP before. Nut I had the glamour trait, perplex runes, condi set and a great chance in wvw zerg fights.

ahah that was a long time ago.
    like, 35 nerfs ago.

• Rodrick.1942Rodrick.1942 Member ✭✭✭

No need to surprised about this change, they did such nonsense kitten to warrior before and call it "trade off". Now just move to engi and mesmer elite spec. Next time druid/soulbeast will lose their pet or unable to control it. Im looking forward to see how's new team destroy guild war 2 so they can free from cage and develop other new stuff.

• Requiem.9648Requiem.9648 Member ✭✭

Yeah i stoped play buffer chrono cause only give boon from wells to allies other than that using like chaos line give only boon to HIMSELF how that make its completely useless and only reason why buffer chrono still run inspiration now its for the 10mans soi. all the shatter ****trait now are kind of useless also cause you need at least 1 clone so everybody keep it to F4 for CS/disto or using a bit of it on F1 outside cs for a slice of dps and maybe F3 when cc needed. Buffer chrono really dying slowly they should at least add allies boon when shatter on F1-2-3 like was in chaos trait line before the nerf of SOI. Personnaly they should bring back F5 and add a new F4- and F1-2-3 should give extra boon to nearby allies like alacrity and quickness that will make more sense and you will be able to call it CHRONOMANCER again.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭

So, Chrono now can't use full potential of boon removal with Shattered Concentration. Rendering chrono useless in Fractals under No Pain No Gain and Vengeance instabs. Cool. Should i use clone skills instead of boon wells now? =)

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

Have you guys ever watched that show Catfish? I feel like that right now. After being in love with Chrono for all these years, then going to meet and finding it is not the person in the pictures, or even the same gender it was supposed to be. I don't think I even want to keep being friends with this fake Chrono right now :)

• @yusayu.3629 said:
    I don't even understand WHY they would do this. WHY. WHY nerf a class that was completely useless in PvP (aside from some Meme oneshot builds) and was already being pushed out by Firebrigade in PvE.

And why the kitten nerf it by taking away one of its skills AND giving it this horrible, clunky shatter mechanic.

Where are the buffs to compensate for this?

It's useless for WVW(zerg) too.
    ....useless for all game mode now !

• Daniel Handler.4816Daniel Handler.4816 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rodrick.1942 said:
    No need to surprised about this change, they did such nonsense kitten to warrior before and call it "trade off". Now just move to engi and mesmer elite spec. Next time druid/soulbeast will lose their pet or unable to control it. Im looking forward to see how's new team destroy guild war 2 so they can free from cage and develop other new stuff.

I don't see why they couldn't pull a spellbreaker and give us one less bar instead.

• @Aeon.4583 said:
    So, Chrono now can't use full potential of boon removal with Shattered Concentration. Rendering chrono useless in Fractals under No Pain No Gain and Vengeance instabs. Cool. Should i use clone skills instead of boon wells now? =)

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even think of that!!!! Rip removing conditions by shattering!

Jesus christ this nerf hits even harder than I thought...

• AsiraasiB.7165AsiraasiB.7165 Member ✭✭✭

As a ex thief main... Hahahahah this is what yal get .. All These years of complaining about thief having us hget these weird nerfs [ cd on missed stealthed attack, loss of ports to alot of places , daredevil nerfs, oh and ricochet shot ill never forgive u] this is what mesmers get

As a chrono player im am very sadden and baffled at the changes and, the person who came up with them, the person who ok it, the testers , the person who finalized this.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:
    As a ex thief main... Hahahahah this is what yal get .. All These years of complaining about thief having us hget these weird nerfs [ cd on missed stealthed attack, loss of ports to alot of places , daredevil nerfs, oh and ricochet shot ill never forgive u] this is what mesmers get

As a chrono player im am very sadden and baffled at the changes and, the person who came up with them, the person who ok it, the testers , the person who finalized this.

Just pointing out the cd on missed stealth attacks was one of the most cleaver things balance team did.
    Before you could spam till it connected rendering aegis, blocks, evades useless.
    I would have liked to spam mind shatters till it hits without destroying the clones if it didn't but it would be awful for the game.

The degenerate

• @Menaka.5092 said:

@Kiza.5630 said:

, but weren't other F abilities pretty niche when cast like that?

1 sec distort to avoid a single timed attack. Remove condi out of combat when traited (that super annoying 15 sec remaining cripple), on demand stability with otherwise useless shatters for your build when traited (and other useful boons for you). A bit of alacrity and when traited quickness from them. Quite a few things I used them for that were just interesting/fun/nice to have.

When you put it like that, I guess it was quite useful, if not only for quality of life and de-clunking (I didn't know shatter cleanse worked out of combat).

if you have a condi on you, you're still in combat

Of course. It was late in my time zone, apologies.

• Delofasht.4231Delofasht.4231 Member ✭✭✭

@Mikkel.8427 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    Just pointing out the cd on missed stealth attacks was one of the most cleaver things balance team did.
    Before you could spam till it connected rendering aegis, blocks, evades useless.
    I would have liked to spam mind shatters till it hits without destroying the clones if it didn't but it would be awful for the game.

I think that's exactly what Anet's intention was with these changes to Chrono. Removing IP hits the cheesy one-shot Chrono build the hardest. No more massive bursts from OOC stealthed Chronos. You're going to have to actually engage first to build resources. I sincerely believe these changes are good for the overall health of the game. The problem is they didn't follow up and make positive adjustments to the rest of the Specialization to make up for the loss. It feels like half a rework (the negative half...).

Where's the rest?

This is exactly the sort of thing they should be doing across all the professions- Cutting the cheese mechanics. Unfortunately, their balance cadence is so painfully slow we're stuck with UP/OP specs for intolerable time spans.

The adjustments do not feel awful in play, but the ramp time for Chrono can be a bit slow. Once going it feels much smooth than before to me, and the QoL change to clone tracking is superb (about 7 years behind when it was requested however), ensuring 3 clone shatters has been much easier though and makes the profession feel much more consistent.

Chrono would benefit from a change in the application of damage from shatters, or a change to the core mechanism of clones to remove them from being destroyable once they are used for a shatter (with accompanying change to make the effect hit all at once so it can be properly blocked or dodged, consistency on both offense and defense for PvP). Such changes would affect a very minor of traits, requiring scaling on some traits to become a bit different, but the effects would really help with balance across the board.

Chrono seems to benefit much more from boon and condition duration after the changes, which is an interesting change, the effect of having full uptime on Alacrity on self and Slow on enemies being that of almost chain casting shatters and illusions.

• Seems noone understands WHY the changes on chrono, and seems they want to do this with all specs (mirage, and other classes too...)
    I think... that is not "very hard" to do a change like this, if chrono requieres, by his shatters, more clones, why don't give a new mechanic to create this clones? this can be funny and feeling a different kind of play from chrono - core - mirage.
    instead of that, just "destroy" shatters.... thats kinda weird, really, i liked chrono and did a lot of pvp, there you can found 1 chrono for every 100 mirages, and 1 core for every 1000 mirages. The thing is. WHY is anet "destroying" chrono if is not even the more used spec? not even on wvw, so, some people think is just a matter of money: There are some players with HoT but, without PoF, so, its a way to force them to buy that last.

• Tomas.6092Tomas.6092 Member ✭✭

F4 to pay respects :(
    Will be missed class.

EU - Whiteside Ridge
    Tequila No Lemons
    [Kill] Gotta Kill Em All

MagSwag

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

See this is what i mean... No it was a dumb change.. Thief average stealth time was 3 sec with no initiative burn.. More stealth time if u pistol 5 and heart seeker.. They killed d/d that day.. And the set everyone hated at the time was s/d and d/p.
    Almost every class has a block/invul. Some have aegis or both... Most blocks or invul are longer then 3 secs. And alot of classes have aoe and reveals,aoe reveals hard hitting cleave.. Oh not to mention dodge and ports....
    Oh plus can't be stealthed in wvw with towers and guards, and mounts reveals lol

It was a dumb nerf never reverted

So again hahahahah

• get swiped

just kidding i feel for you guys

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was curious of the damage of the new F1 and how F4 will operate. Safe to say you cannot play a power shatter as chrono now. Theoretically, F1 should be the same, but it is not. You need slow to deal the same damage as before. Even in PvE that is extremely unreliable. Needless to say no access to reliable distortion surely hit sustainability. Chrono is dead in PvP. It surely worse off in open world PvE.

The F2 change is interesting for condi builds in PvE. In practice though, it did not work well. And compared to mirage, not having ambushes you cannot deal any comparable condi damage.

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

See this is what i mean... No it was a dumb change.. Thief average stealth time was 3 sec with no initiative burn.. More stealth time if u pistol 5 and heart seeker.. They killed d/d that day.. And the set everyone hated at the time was s/d and d/p.
    Almost every class has a block/invul. Some have aegis or both... Most blocks or invul are longer then 3 secs. And alot of classes have aoe and reveals,aoe reveals hard hitting cleave.. Oh not to mention dodge and ports....
    Oh plus can't be stealthed in wvw with towers and guards, and mounts reveals lol

So again hahahahah

So spamming skill till it lands is a good design?
    Smart thieves never had any problem with aegis/blocks and the likes and didn't need to resort to a broken mechanic. Good thieves simply used basilisk venom to bypass blocks and aegis.

Again how cool would it be to mind shatter until it hit you?

The degenerate

• @AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

So again hahahahah

Can you give a few examples of blocks/invuls lasting 3 seconds or more for that matter?

Besides, comparing skills with long CDs to a mechanic that can be present on multiple skills on one loadout is scarcely fair.

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

So again hahahahah

Can you give a few examples of blocks/invuls lasting 3 seconds or more for that matter?

Besides, comparing skills with long CDs to a mechanic that can be present on multiple skills on one loadout is scarcely fair.

No cuz we arent stupid we all play the same game.. Gaurds has multi blocks and invuls, warrior has about what 3 on decent cooldowns, not to mentions sustains.. Hits like a truck..
    Dont act as if most classes dont.. Even thief has a 3 sec block (one.. Just one)

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

So again hahahahah

Smart thieves never had any problem with aegis/blocks and the likes and didn't need to resort to a broken mechanic. Good thieves simply used basilisk venom to bypass blocks and aegis.

thats stupid .. U mostly have 3 clones.. One pops aegis others hit.. Try again...
    And not everyone runs venoms .. We were shoehorned into venom forever glad i can finally take 2 more eilites ...and spamming a auto attack? Omg who woulda thought...
    Lol most ppl here dont like countered play unless its them.

• Tried it in wvw. Power chrono. Slow, clunky. Had an annoying as f deadeye determined to kill me half the night. I Had 2 clones up, got the new mind wrack off, he stealthed, came back later, I tried to slow him down with the new shatter, oops, phantasms aren't clones. Too late he stealthed. When he came in melee range, of course, i couldn't distort coz clones had already died. Tried to range a zerg , tried to kill the stragglers. Can only spatial surge coz clones died. Managed to get off confusing shatter once. Mixed up my f shatters. But clone creating skills on cd, so swapped to melee weapon to try and pull. Managed to use the new mind wrack earlier on a guard while soloing a camp, which took longer than normal so i thought i'd try to cs grav well, it worked of course, but no distort when enemy came along. RIP
    I don't know, i maybe wrong but it would seem that anet wants us to spam clones. Which is pointless anyway with the distort and cs changes, unless you enjoy mirage, mesmer is dead.

• icy.9250icy.9250 Member ✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019

tried boon chrono about an hour ago for the Fractal recs (66, 37, 9 iirc), and yeah it feels like kitten.

1) Who thought literally removing a button you'd trained yourself many hours to press was a good idea?
    2) "Loving" the extra ammo on Mind Wrack in Illusions. When you use your first ammo, all clones are gone and the second one becomes grayed out. A+++

I can also imagine clutch healing shatters or condi cleanse shatters (Inspiration) being an issue, as in the cave portion of the Escort raid (first encounter in Wing 3). By being an issue, i really mean you cant activate them at all, since no more 0-illusion shatters for chrono. Yay?

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

So again hahahahah

thats stupid .. U mostly have 3 clones.. One pops aegis others hit.. Try again...
    And not everyone runs venoms .. We were shoehorned into venom forever glad i can finally take 2 more eilites ...and spamming a auto attack? Omg who woulda thought...
    Lol most ppl here dont like countered play unless its them.

Yeah instead of 9k you'll deal 6k. I'd prefer to have smash mind wrack till all connect.
    Basilisk venom was the only elite worth using at the time. Except backstab is not auto attack is a flip skill when you're stealthed.
    What counterplay? Playing dumb mash mash mash and render half of game mechanics useless?

@icy.9250 said:
    tried boon chrono about an hour ago for the Fractal recs (66, 37, 9 iirc), and yeah it feels like kitten.

1) Who thought literally removing a button you'd trained yourself many hours to press was a good idea?

Probably the same guy who thought that cutting 0.25sec MC duration when people have already developed muscular memory and timings, to something every mesmer said was bad and clunky at beta, was a good idea.

The degenerate

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

@Teefy.5016 said:

@CharJC.8365 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:

Seriously ANET, I've been a software engineer for almost 20 years now and in this time, I've never seen something as badly designed as this, and I've seen a lot of bad code and bad designs out there... but this tops that list. Think about your customer satisfaction, everyone hates this change and you need to do something about it. The one thing all these gray hairs have showed me is that sometimes you have to accept that you screwed up and bite your tongue and LISTEN to your customers and fix this and make it the way it was before.

I share your sentiment and agree whole heartedly, however if anything you should know about Anet, communication is not a strong suit. They would rather boast there own ego's then admit something is wrong. I suggest as i have to many others, and to me as well, not to take this up here in the forums anymore, this is getting out of hand. I'm going directly to NcSoft and petitioning a "no confidence" in the dev team.

like that time where there was a 40 page rage thread on the skyscale unlock. they ended the discussion with: we are happy with how it turned out. now kitten. /thread closed.

im very worried for the future of gw2.

Oh yeah that's their normal modus operandi. Same thing when they did the random mount adoption licenses. it's a shame. at least the skyscale got 2hr cooldowns instead of 1 day.

I really wished they stopped killing HoT classes to force us to play PoF ones (I feel they did the same thing with Reaper->Scourge in this update). I feel like I should get my money back for HoT cause this is not what I paid for a few years ago, and I did buy the 1 x Ultimate, and 3 x Standard and like many others (same with PoF), spent a lot of money on this game and we keep having to deal with all these irrational and constant "balance updates".

And to think that back during LS1, I was so impressed with the game, that to help keep it alive I would buy gems with money on a monthly basis to support the devs, just cause I felt like it. And the many times I did that, and with other more recent things, I posted my appreciation in these forums cause as a dev, you like to sometimes hear your customers say "thank you, you rock". But now I feel my disappointment has to be expressed and would wish that they would reevaluate this decision and go back to the way Chrono has been for many years.

• @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:
    When I thought anet couldn't surprise me more, here they come with shatters that can only be activated when you have illusions up. No on-demand shatters to cleanse, heal, interrupt, remove boons, reflect or CS if you have 0 clones.

Worst mechanic rework ever, the clunkiness is astonishing...

I have spoken truth before, and shall so speak again!

The answer is that there are HoT owners that still has not bought PoF. This cannot stand. So Chrono must die in all engame modes.

I hope this isn't true but it is the only reason that makes any sense at all on why they would treat chrono this way.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Teefy.5016 said:

@CharJC.8365 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:

Seriously ANET, I've been a software engineer for almost 20 years now and in this time, I've never seen something as badly designed as this, and I've seen a lot of bad code and bad designs out there... but this tops that list. Think about your customer satisfaction, everyone hates this change and you need to do something about it. The one thing all these gray hairs have showed me is that sometimes you have to accept that you screwed up and bite your tongue and LISTEN to your customers and fix this and make it the way it was before.

I share your sentiment and agree whole heartedly, however if anything you should know about Anet, communication is not a strong suit. They would rather boast there own ego's then admit something is wrong. I suggest as i have to many others, and to me as well, not to take this up here in the forums anymore, this is getting out of hand. I'm going directly to NcSoft and petitioning a "no confidence" in the dev team.

like that time where there was a 40 page rage thread on the skyscale unlock. they ended the discussion with: we are happy with how it turned out. now kitten. /thread closed.

After Gaile left the quality of forums moderation went down the drain. The forums moderation now is terrible.

And ya, much of what I liked about GW2 is kind of missing nowadays. The game is older, and there is definitely a fatigue factor, but the quality is not what it used to be.

@otto.5684 said:

@Teefy.5016 said:

@CharJC.8365 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:

After Gaile left the quality of forums moderation went down the drain. The forums moderation now is terrible.

And ya, much of what I liked about GW2 is kind of missing nowadays. The game is older, and there is definitely a fatigue factor, but the quality is not what it used to be.

The forum moderation was always bad, it is just a little worse now, everyone is supersensitive. This week someone got moderated for saying the balance is qq driven, which is nothing but true.

The degenerate

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.