Am I roaming wrong?

zencow.3651

I don’t roam much since I only do it when the match up is too dead for group content so I don’t get some of the hate I get sometimes from people calling me out for ‘bullying’ new players.

Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:

1. beat everyone out of the map until they either quit so I can start solo cata capping towers
  2. make some guild mad enough to hunt me down so I get the outnumbered buff?

Am I doing roaming wrong?

Is it my fault if the game’s design rewards this kind of predatory play including server stacking?

I think you're doing something wrong bc you say you're roaming but you're actually posting on the forum . . .

But otherwise no, there aren't 'rules' for roaming. As long as you're not breaking ToS and you're enjoying yourself, you're doing it right . . .

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:you are just doing one thing wrong.its much easier to cata the tower right away then hunting all the players down. this way they will come to you and still leave the map once defeated. obviously need to place your cata better tho.Catas are for noobs, quality roamers roam in omega golems.

both have their advantages, yet if i assume noone is going to defend then it doesnt matter much. if they are defending, then cata is mostly better as it can drag the defenders further away from their walls, treb would be even better if it did more damage.

@zencow.3651 said:I don’t roam much since I only do it when the match up is too dead for group content so I don’t get some of the hate I get sometimes from people calling me out for ‘bullying’ new players.

Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:

1. beat everyone out of the map until they either quit so I can start solo cata capping towers

Is it my fault if the game’s design rewards this kind of predatory play including server stacking?

i dont get your point. @;@

@Dawdler.8521 said:Obviously you're doing something wrong since according to this forum roaming is 100% dead and players cant even fight other players because they just run away on their mounts. How do you beat people or make guilds mad? This is impossible!

This... OP must be making this up because warclaw killed all roaming... just ask the roamers... oh wait, they all left the game because warclaw killed WvW. OP must be a fake!

@zencow.3651 said:I don’t roam much since I only do it when the match up is too dead for group content so I don’t get some of the hate I get sometimes from people calling me out for ‘bullying’ new players.

Doing it right.

Getting whispers telling you that you're bullying etc is the proof that you're doing it right.

Roaming is just what you're getting here. People get mad when someone more skilled beats them, then they turn around and bad-mouth them so as a roamer your block/mute button will be glowing red with how much heat its getting from your clicking it all the time. Its harder now for sure but its in no way bad, people just dislike how now people can disengage and leave.

Don't listen to them, if you're getting hunted by a guild (One they are terrible lmfao) and two you did your job which is to pull attention from the main force and be a distraction. Its the same thing as a small havoc group who keeps taking camps and towers; The bulk of your forces will love you for it because you basically have diverted the enemy and in the long run since big fights are a numbers game typically if enough are chasing you~ Your zerg will take all of the things.

I think roamers can generally be divided in two camps: those who care for the game mode, and those only there for the daily. The latter are the types to run away at the sight of another player, while the former will only avoid others if they feel the odds are against them.

if one, as a roamer, does not care about winning pointless fights by defeating PvE players, then the op is doing it right, this is what the game mode rules promote. Though I wonder how fun can a competitive mode be when there's no challenge to it?

@Skotlex.7580 said:I think roamers can generally be divided in two camps: those who care for the game mode, and those only there for the daily. The latter are the types to run away at the sight of another player, while the former will only avoid others if they feel the odds are against them.

if one, as a roamer, does not care about winning pointless fights by defeating PvE players, then the op is doing it right, this is what the game mode rules promote. Though I wonder how fun can a competitive mode be when there's no challenge to it?

Red is dead, everyone gives warscore equally.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Obviously you're doing something wrong since according to this forum roaming is 100% dead and players cant even fight other players because they just run away on their mounts. How do you beat people or make guilds mad? This is impossible!

He said he didnt fight them, he said he terrorizes them, which doesnt necessarily include fights, might be hit and run for all we know... Making guilds mad? Just annoy them while they have a gvg or anything remotely close, was not excluded from ops post.

Sounds fair to me, new guys or not, this is wvw not a fair ground.

Also depends what you play. I received a lot of rage pms, not because of newbies but from vets because I was condi p/d thief. Funny when people who play holos call this build cancer/garbage yet they run 1 of the most broken builds for roaming/small scale.

@RedShark.9548 said:

He said he didnt fight them, he said he terrorizes them, which doesnt necessarily include fights, might be hit and run for all we know... Making guilds mad? Just annoy them while they have a gvg or anything remotely close, was not excluded from ops post.

Coming from a 'proper' fight guild, I don't disrupt obvious 1v1s or GvGs but I probably do everything else dirty since I am what you could consider a degenerate zerg staff weaver at other times.

There certainly an increase in the number of peoples that just get on their warclaw and flee as soon as they see a single roamer coming their way AND I find it harder to find roamers in the current matchup (We up a few tiers and there fewer single roamers at those higher levels from my perspective) BUT roaming is about those fights. You see an enemy you kill the enemy.

The only time I might ignore them is if they just parked where one of the Veteran creatures are. If I do see them slip off to flip a camp or sentry as they wait then that truce is off. That said this a personal choice and I have no problems with people that would not see that as a reason to let them be.

@zencow.3651 said:Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:

Awe yeah, a fellow creature of the borderlands !

Do you tag keeps and then run down anyone who goes to check the swords too? ;-)

@Justine.6351 said:

@zencow.3651 said:Aren’t I meant to terrorize the southern area of the borderlands by capping sentries for eyes and keeping track of timers on camps so I can jump on people from behind walls and corners (so they don’t mount up) like a stealthless thief and either:

Awe yeah, a fellow creature of the borderlands !

Do you tag keeps and then run down anyone who goes to check the swords too? ;-)

By trebbing bay yes!