PAX 2019 - Special Event: Are you traveling to Seattle or watching live on streams?

Can't say for sure. It depends on whether it's held during working hours for me.

[Edit: Not going to Seattle, though. I did attend in 2011 but it costs about $2000 for return tickets, so I'll only go if I have other things to do in the US at the time. I have no such plans for the near future.]

@Vilandra.3641 said:Neither, i'll wait for an overly long video from WP telling me all i need to know.

That's wise, I guess. :)I guess 99% of the audience will be American, though, and Arenanet's partners like WoodenPotatoes, Aurora Peachy etc. Unless someone from Europe and other non-American contnents was planning to participate in PAX West.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:Wish I could go but im 11,200 km away from Seattle lolDefinitely will be streaming though, im excited because the last time they did a big live reveal was for the release of HoT - i believe

that's correct, last time such a big event was for HoT almost 4,5 years ago.I don't know why they would even put such an effort, though... I guess we will find out in 25 days. :)

I'd love to go to Seattle, it's one of the cities I most want to visit (and I'd like to see various places around there too) and so far I haven't gotten any closer than SeaTac airport, which isn't even in Seattle. But there's no way I can make the trip for this event, not enough money (flights from the UK are expensive) and too much else to do - including seeing one of my favourite Seattle musicians in London the day before.

And the live stream starts at 5pm my time, so I'll still be at work when it starts and won't get home until it's an hour and a half in. I'm not sure how long it is but I assume that will be a pretty significant chunk to miss.

So I'll watch a recording after it's happened, and probably after reading the highlights on this forum.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:No offense but this poll is ridicolous, we have a worldwide community, so it's unthinkable that people living abroad will travel to Seattle just to watch a conference.

I wouldn't say it's unthinkable. PAX West is happening at the same time and it's not unheard of for people to travel internationally for a convention. If I ever do get to Seattle I hope to plan it so I'm there for a few different events, although in my case more music related than games conventions, but I'd like to go to PAX too.

It would only be ridiculous if anyone tried to draw conclusions without taking the international nature of the playerbase into account. For example if someone took the poll to mean "43% of players don't care about this announcement and NO ONE thinks it's worth being there in person" that would be ridiculous. You'd have to take out people like me who can't be there or watch the stream due to other commitments first.

Since I'm from Europe and never travelled in my life (mainly due to financial stuff) I think the answer is clear.However, I don't know for 100% if I'll be watching it or if I'll look at the news later and have a moment of surprise. Depends on if I'm in the mood or if I have time. The announcement doesn't catch me quite as when an actual expansion is being announced. At least for me it feels like there's no reason to get hyped for it. Maybe I'll take a look in between. It's definitely only an announcement for season 5 which isn't something as special as an expansion. But who knows.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:No offense but this poll is ridicolous, we have a worldwide community, so it's unthinkable that people living abroad will travel to Seattle just to watch a conference.

I wouldn't say it's unthinkable. PAX West is happening at the same time and it's not unheard of for people to travel internationally for a convention. If I ever do get to Seattle I hope to plan it so I'm there for a few different events, although in my case more music related than games conventions, but I'd like to go to PAX too.

It would only be ridiculous if anyone tried to draw conclusions without taking the international nature of the playerbase into account. For example if someone took the poll to mean "43% of players don't care about this announcement and NO ONE thinks it's worth being there in person" that would be ridiculous. You'd have to take out people like me who can't be there or watch the stream due to other commitments first.

Yes I agree, you expressed better than me what I though.Also I would like to add that if the "I travel to Seattle" has a certain %, it doesn't mean that those who didn't pick that option wouldn't like to be there, it most probably means that those people deem the travel to be too heavy/expensive for just a conference/expo.