Reduce Lance Cooldown?

sephiroth.4217

@Mil.3562 said:The demand never stops. Gave you a metre now you want a kilometre :anguished: What's next? A 3 sec stun when dismounted by lance? Comeon guys, the Warclaw is already totally useless now... oh wait.. yep might as well.

Totally useless? No it still get you quick enough over the map. You are running through a warzone, you think reallife military can just drive through enemy territory without fear of getting attacked?

@Mil.3562 said:The demand never stops. Gave you a metre now you want a kilometre :anguished: What's next? A 3 sec stun when dismounted by lance? Comeon guys, the Warclaw is already totally useless now... oh wait.. yep might as well.

it's not a demand it's a question for starters and its aimed at the current time of 30s which is a very long time for an action combat mmo.

The mount is far from useless as I'm able to get to locations and engagements faster allowing for more fluid combat, I propose making the engagement itself more fluid. 20s is still a lot of time to port out or escape to a tower spamming spacebar.

I think my proposal is fair and not asking for too much based off the perspective.

Anything that nerfs mounts is a good thing. Adding Lance was a step in the right direction. But there's still a long way to go before the overpowered mount can be called balanced.

only 1 dodge (if any), 2khp and finally it should have base movement speed. No More speed boosts in controlled territory. So 453 u/s or 54% movement speed.

It should have been on combat dismount, no lance.

Anet again doesn't get it, they again don't understand that lance favors numbers. The point was to help ROAMERS and small scale, larger groups could dismount people and kill them anyway if they wanted to, while 1vs1 if the mounted person wanted to get away and had half a brain, they could. Well, 1vs1, lance can be blocked (why?!?!?!) and can be dodged, and mounts still have 3 dodges, and since lance has a 30second CD, well, good luck with that. It changed nothing for 1vs1 other than people who are oblivious to what is around them.

So lance doesn't help 1vs1 small scale (with the one exception above), which it needed to, and buffs larger groups and gank squads for dismounting, as they can just spam it one at a time.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Yes, but please nerf the mount 1's damage ability and remove the home territory movement bonus.

But in reality, nobody's letting you chase them for that long anyways. They can just WP out.

The 1 skill is a free instant (aoe!!!) finish and aoe dmg skill, and they get to run into the fight with an extra HP bar, giving a big advantage to the one on the mount last. If the finishing ability remains, the damage should be removed, limit finishing to a single down. Home territory bonus again hurts roamers and havoc teams, it should be static across the board and should be running speed with swiftness only. Lance should not be blockable either.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Totally useless? No it still get you quick enough over the map. You are running through a warzone, you think reallife military can just drive through enemy territory without fear of getting attacked?

You've heard of Tanks and APCs right?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:The demand never stops. Gave you a metre now you want a kilometre :anguished: What's next? A 3 sec stun when dismounted by lance? Comeon guys, the Warclaw is already totally useless now... oh wait.. yep might as well.

Ummmhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_warfare

I could care less if they increase or decrease it.. but if a player misses the lance (which I'm often seeing now as they are not hard to dodge); making it a 20s cooldown is a moot point. If the player has no intention of fighting the person who tossed the lance, if they dodged it, they're getting away, won't matter if the cooldown is down to 10s.

In fact, tossing a lance should dismount someone whether they hit the target or not, why? More people are willing to engage someone when they are off their mount, rather than on and run away. I've come across this with roamers many times.. they dance around on their mount but never jump off. Once they jump off or get dismounted, they get swarmed, and the fight begins. If a roamer wants a fight, jump off the mount. You'll likely get swarmed by a group of people, but hey, you wanted to fight.. it's "PvP mode" after all isn't it?

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:I could care less if they increase or decrease it.. but if a player misses the lance (which I'm often seeing now as they are not hard to dodge); making it a 20s cooldown is a moot point. If the player has no intention of fighting the person who tossed the lance, if they dodged it, they're getting away, won't matter if the cooldown is down to 10s.

In fact, tossing a lance should dismount someone whether they hit the target or not, why? More people are willing to engage someone when they are off their mount, rather than on and run away. I've come across this with roamers many times.. they dance around on their mount but never jump off. Once they jump off or get dismounted, they get swarmed, and the fight begins. If a roamer wants a fight, jump off the mount. You'll likely get swarmed by a group of people, but hey, you wanted to fight.. it's "PvP mode" after all isn't it?

reducing to 20s is basically moot because 20s is still a very long time to escape... I fully agree on that.My proposal was to help combat be more fluid. Its not to give anyone an advantage which is why I didnt propose 10s or less.

I might not even want 20s if the Lance wasn't so buggy, it appears to miss every time I throw it on an angle. I think its my Australian Internet unless others have the same issue?

also thats extreme thinking there with "just run in and suicide, you want PvP so do it."... I enjoy a little bit of salt on my chips but doesn't mean I want the whole canister poured on.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

You think you are absolutely safe in a tank? Then i have bad news for you, or rather letoll linked you the bad news already.

You might be safer in a tank (than afoot), thats the mounts dodges and healthpool, but if you dmg its hp (the tanks armor) or lance (the equivalent of an antitank weapon) the mount through the dodges, then you are not safe at all anymore. Infact tanks are even more dangerous than the mount, because usually the moment that a tank gets destroyed, the crew inside dies, and they dont even have a downed state.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Nah, but I've heard of aircraft though.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Nah, but I've heard of aircraft though.

and Anti-Air defense systems too I bet.

@RedShark.9548 said:

You think you are absolutely safe in a tank? Then i have bad news for you, or rather letoll linked you the bad news already.

You might be safer in a tank (than afoot), thats the mounts dodges and healthpool, but if you dmg its hp (the tanks armor) or lance (the equivalent of an antitank weapon) the mount through the dodges, then you are not safe at all anymore. Infact tanks are even more dangerous than the mount, because usually the moment that a tank gets destroyed, the crew inside dies, and they dont even have a downed state.

I am aware, but the simple fact is that if they were rendered totally useless from Anti-Tank weapons, no one would use them.

But perhaps since this is supposed to be medieval style warfare (and a kitten joke of it since walls are kitten useless) a better analogy would be war chariots or even just Calvary. Which for centuries dominated a battlefield.

But no, let's roll all that back to make a few gankers happy and turn more new players off the mode. It's not like they'll stay for the pirate ship FB/Scourge meta that has been the same stale thing for a year now anyway.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Mil.3562" said:The demand never stops. Gave you a metre now you want a kilometre :anguished: What's next? A 3 sec stun when dismounted by lance? Comeon guys, the Warclaw is already totally useless now... oh wait.. yep might as well.

I am aware, but the simple fact is that if they were rendered totally useless from Anti-Tank weapons, no one would use them.

But perhaps since this is supposed to be medieval style warfare (and a kitten joke of it since walls are kitten useless) a better analogy would be war chariots or even just Calvary. Which for centuries dominated a battlefield.

But no, let's roll all that back to make a few gankers happy and turn more new players off the mode. It's not like they'll stay for the pirate ship FB/Scourge meta that has been the same stale thing for a year now anyway.

To quote you "if they were rendered totally useless from Anti-Tank weapons, no one would use them." So, from your own statement, warclaw is far from useless as everyone in WvW still uses them.

What APC's, aircraft etc etc have ANYTHING to do with balance in an online MMO, you have yet to point out. And I am amazed you are still using the "ganker" excuse, as the people who use it often are the gankers, they just don't understand it. Ganking is, by definition, using greater numbers to win a fight because you can't win other wise, which is not the case with roamers, as roamers are often the ones who are out numbered, and a single player has problems dismounting a player without lance, some classes it's impossible, while a larger ganking group that often pulls off of a zerg 10+ deep to run after one person, has no issues dismounting them and killing them, yet those people would often never be able to kill that roamer 1vs1, they depend on numbers to blob down.

Because you used to get killed by someone running back to your zerg does not mean you were ganked, you were killed in a open world PvP game mode, nothing more. Reducing the CD will not change anything from gank squads, as they have enough lance shots to take you down anyway, what it does help are solos/roamers to be able to get fights. Unless you are suggesting that a person running back to their zerg should be protected from any fight they don't want to be in. If thats the case, then roamers should be protected from zergs, because roamers get steam rolled by zergs and gank squads all the time.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Because you used to get killed by someone running back to your zerg does not mean you were ganked, you were killed in a open world PvP game mode, nothing more.

I don't know who you're talking about here. I was a roamer/scout. I fought over objectives only (open field duels are a waste of time) and I so rarely run with a zerg as to might as well call it never (I manage to run with [Owls] about once every two months with my work/life schedule).

If you're not fighting over the objectives, you're ganking, just like fighting off point in PvP is the easiest way to get yelled at for being useless for your team, it's the same in WvW even if the fight guilds don't want to admit it. Everything ANet has been changing in WvW is to encourage fighting over Objectives.

If you don't like the direction ANet is taking WvW, well, you're playing it wrong in their eyes. Might as well move on. I for the most part did.

Destiny 2 PvP is actually fun, and manages a clean 120 FPS at all times.