What are you most excited for in PoF?

Holykitten.3064

Less than two weeks to go, and I'm hyped for this expansion!I promised myself to not overhype, but failed miserably. Playing the demos and the stress tests cemented how much I missed mounts from previous games like World of Warcraft.I love how Anet has handled mounts to be more like companions rather than just transport, and the idle interactions of the raptor gives me high hopes for the other mounts.

More ways to move and explore and from what I've seen in the demo the new maps should be beautiful. Even catching the nightsky looking out to sea from Amnoon was mesmerizing.

So, what are you guys looking forward to?

I'm not 'hyped' but more so in a state of eagerness for new content. What would get me hyped would be build templates but alas, we've heard nothing constructive. Nevertheless and on topic; I am mostly looking forward to the idea of mount movement being an improvement towards map exploration plus new armor skins. Have you seen them yet? It's so nice to see a lot more cloth garment and we'll be able to further mix n' match to our heart's content!

Nothing really, I was completely underwhelmed by the Demo. Mounts feel like they do in every other game, they where added to sell PoF to the people who have been begging for mounts. Sure the maps look amazing, but then that is nothing new in this game, all the maps are beautiful in there own way. This will be the first time I've not preordered a guild wars game since Prophecies. That's how unimpressed I am.

@BrotherBelial.3094 said:Mounts feel like they do in every other game, they where added to sell PoF to the people who have been begging for mounts.I couldn't disagree more. Unlike 90% of other MMOs mounts in this game aren't just a cosmetic movement speed boost. In PoF they have inertia and turn circles, which changes the movement in a major way. I would have loved if they had gone even further and added different run speeds and sprints that need stamina.Additionally we have only been able to try the raptor. The other mounts add even more unique movement. I personally can't wait to try out the skimmer!

Defienitely the mounts. It's great thath they have a real meaning and not just there as a fast travelling option. Also i hope the scourge bring some more varity of ways to paly my necro. Also looking forward to the mirage but honestly i think i like chrono to much to give it up at least for it. And i'm really looking forward to the bigger maps. I like travelling around and explore things.

@pfanne.9783 said:I couldn't disagree more. Unlike 90% of other MMOs mounts in this game aren't just a cosmetic movement speed boost. In PoF they have inertia and turn circles, which changes the movement in a major way. I would have loved if they had gone even further and added different run speeds and sprints that need stamina.Additionally we have only been able to try the raptor. The other mounts add even more unique movement. I personally can't wait to try out the skimmer!

Exactly this. I was originally going to quit GW2 when the expansion released, being overall rather disappointed with how living-story maps and class design are handled (been here since day 1, liked the original release, but I feel like overall development has gone downhill since then).But I've spent about 15 minutes with a raptor and I knew I wanted this. The way mounts are done is so much better than in other games. I love how they become a "progression" element, of sorts. Reminds me a bit of the Chocobos from FF7.

ArenaNet has been terrible at planning for the future. I'm more interested in the aftermath. For example, mounts are too big of a deal to ignore and will forever change the game. What will happen next expansion when some players don't have them? Will they avoid them by doing something like an underwater expansion, continuously add new ones or simply ignore them?

Also, the new servers out of Amazon's cloud. They're kind of a big deal if they're actually hosting the instances. When will ArenaNet talk about it? It's been a few months now.

@BrotherBelial.3094 said:Nothing really, I was completely underwhelmed by the Demo. Mounts feel like they do in every other game, they where added to sell PoF to the people who have been begging for mounts. Sure the maps look amazing, but then that is nothing new in this game, all the maps are beautiful in there own way. This will be the first time I've not preordered a guild wars game since Prophecies. That's how unimpressed I am.

I disagree in every way. They don't feel like other games in any way! They feel like a new character! You cant move the mount the same way you move your character they move with their own newly designed control system! IT's what makes them so unique in GW2!! This is a large step in the right direction. Anet never does anything the same as anyone else.

Looking forward to what's going on with the human gods, going back to the CD area and Elona where I spent so much time in GW1 and seeing what they did with the place. As well as some of the elite specs.

Not so much looking forward to the mounts (I have been in camp "we don't need mounts!" for the past 5 years...)

I'm excited for Renegade. Hoping to see some energy cost balancing having been done to its skills between the first PvP test and going live on the 22nd though. Will also be interesting to see the actual PvE values for damage and durations, since they were still operating with the PvP stats when available for testing in the two PvE stress tests. Finished Chuka and Champawat the other day and can't wait to use it in general PvE content. 9 more days to go!

Archived