Permanent fix to Condi Creep in all game modes

Kidel.2057

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, if you look at the history of the game, the 'creep' you are seeing is simply the alternate damage strategy of Damage over Time catching up to Directly-applied damage ... as it should have been from the start. Obviously Anet intended for both to be useful and when the game was released, maybe a few professions could use DoT's effectively. Now, most if not all can.

@Kidel.2057 said:Protection now also reduces condition damage received.Resistance becomes an effect and cannot be stripped.Every class can apply max 2 types of conditions and some even just 1 (if it's burning).Expertise effectiveness is reduced by 10% or capped.

Done.

lol, might as well have stated "delete condition builds from all formats".

@mygamingid.5816 said:

1. Reduce condi damage by 50%
  2. Extend condi duration by 100%

No change to DPS, just less burst from condis and more opportunity to clear them.

Actually that is a dps lossDPS is Damage per secondWith what you suggest you do the half the damage but for twice the time periodSo before you could say tick 1000 damage for 5 seconds dealing 5000 damage total for those 5 secondsMeaning your damage per second is 1000What you suggest is 500 damage for 10 seconds which is a total of 5000 damage but on 10 seconds which makes your damage per second go down to 500You do the same amount of damage but in twice the time.So your dps gets cut in half, which is a steep nerf that noone would play condi after that.

The real problem with condi is the burst it has, the burst needs to be toned down, people shouldnt be able to dump 15+ stacks of burning or bleed in a few seconds, that is fucked up tbh.

@Amasoful.2690 said:

@mygamingid.5816 said:
  1. Reduce condi damage by 50%
  2. Extend condi duration by 100%

No change to DPS, just less burst from condis and more opportunity to clear them.

Actually that is a dps lossDPS is Damage per secondWith what you suggest you do the half the damage but for twice the time periodSo before you could say tick 1000 damage for 5 seconds dealing 5000 damage total for those 5 secondsMeaning your damage per second is 1000What you suggest is 500 damage for 10 seconds which is a total of 5000 damage but on 10 seconds which makes your damage per second go down to 500You do the same amount of damage but in twice the time.So your dps gets cut in half, which is a steep nerf that noone would play condi after that.

The real problem with condi is the burst it has, the burst needs to be toned down, people shouldnt be able to dump 15+ stacks of burning or bleed in a few seconds, that is kitten up tbh.

It will not... condi duration increased means you can have two times of the condi stacks... it just takes a little bit longer to round up to full damage.

In a raid situation, your DPS loss will not be significant. On the other side,in SPVP, people will actually have to time to clean condi instead of die in 2 second. Not to mention, some class have relatively long cast time to clean condi.

@xiev.6905 said:Or we can force condi build to take another offensive attribute to be effective.

Cut 50% condi damage but give condi spells a chance to crit and apply double stacks. Numbers can be balanced but you get the idea.

I seriously doubt introducing a way to increase condi damage is the solution.

@TheBravery.9615 said:Make it so condi can't kill. Have it deal as much damage until one health point, at which should require a physical attack to down or kill.

You know that almost all condi skills have physical damage tied into it. So what you're suggesting pretty much does nothing.

@Mosharn.8357 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:Make it so condi can't kill. Have it deal as much damage until one health point, at which should require a physical attack to down or kill.

You know that almost all condi skills have physical damage tied into it. So what you're suggesting pretty much does nothing.

That's not true at all, if you can avoid getting struck at one health point, you literally saved yourself. Hence condition being a "damage over time" attribute.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

@Mosharn.8357 said:

That's not true at all, if you can avoid getting struck at one health point, you literally saved yourself. Hence condition being a "damage over time" attribute.How exactly would you avoid getting struck at 1 hp when almost every attack that apply condi also does direct damage?

Unless you are a thief and think it would be great not to die from those lingering 3 burn stacks still on you when you just teleported 5000 units away in 2 seconds from the enemy you failed to gank of course.

@Kidel.2057 said:Protection now also reduces condition damage received.Resistance becomes an effect and cannot be stripped.Every class can apply max 2 types of conditions and some even just 1 (if it's burning).Expertise effectiveness is reduced by 10% or capped.

Done.

The protection idea is great, but in a way, it is the way it is because on the other hand you have the Resistance boon. One to counter direct dmg, one to counter condition damage. The problem is Resistance is too crazy, it's a 100 to 0 damage reduction, and it makes you also unaffected by other non-damaging conditions.We all agree here that conditions are crazy because they kill you in seconds when you manage to mitigate direct damage in a normal situation.Another way to deal with this problem would be to nerf the resistance boon in some way, like making it only affects damaging conditions while stability would prevent impairing conditions. Maybe nerf the 100% damage réduction to 66% or 50%.Now you can give every class easy access to Resistance, and make it last longer. Some classes are nearly able to keep Protection all match long, and I think we can make Resistance look more like Protection.

The idea about reducing the number of conditions that one class can apply will never be taken seriously because it involves a total redesign of every class.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:"We all agree here that conditions are crazy because they kill you in seconds when you manage to mitigate direct damage in a normal situation."

Mitigate all conditions by mitigating the attacks which apply them ...L2P issue.

That's not a L2P issue. People need to stop saying that as a means to dismiss that person's statement. So please explain to me how you mitigate all conditions by mitigating the attacks which apply them? Should I create a build that gives me 100% resistance? Should I create a build that gives me tons of Condi cleanse? Should I build my entire gameplay around cleansing conditions? Can I mitigate them by dodging endlessly? Go invulnerable? Predict instant cast skills like the guardian skill that teleports you to me and instantly bursts me? What about passive AoE condition application? What about sand shades and Wells on the point in conquest that would mean I lose if I don't decap/cap the point. If you are going to claim it's a "L2P" issue then you need to state how one can overcome the current state of conditions, otherwise you are not bringing anything into the conversation.

Proplem in conditions is that they are Aoe King in Conquest game mode. You cant go to point coz its full of Aoe condis. In theory Power does same thing. Think about it. Would you go in that small circle If it was full of glass Staff ele Aoe skills? Yes you would. And why? Because high hitting Aoe Power builds wont have sustain to stay on The point so you can burst the Power build down.

I think this is kinda The proplem, high hit Power Aoe builds needs to sacrifice all stats and traits for that damage. Unlike condi builds.

I love my renegade, but he isn't the strongest class I have. His condis are burn, torment, bleed, poison, and confusion. If you were to drop that down to say burn and torment, the spec would be useless. As is, it's tough enough in PvP to be useful with what I have now (as damage).

You should try a condi build. Maybe then you wouldn't be trying to cut the effectiveness of them in half.

I like the idea of more duration and less damage. This is a start but the game needs to be balanced accordingly.

One of the problems with condi builds, is that to avoid the ennemy to cleanse everything with one heal, they will try to stack many different conditions instead of only one type. You won't make a full burn build because the ennemy will only need one cleanse to make it disappear. No, you will stack a little bit of burn, a little bit of poison, a little bit of bleed, a little bit of torment... I think the condi cleanse need to be reworked, to instead of completely cleansing one condi, remove a certain number of stacks. For example, if you have a skill that would remove 10 condi stacks, and you have 3 stacks of burn, 4 stacks of poison, and 7 stacks of bleed, the skill could remove 4 bleed, 4 poison and 2 burn stacks.

This would be quite unfit with the current system, which I beleive removes random conditions you have on you.We could simply go back to the old system, which always removed the last condis that were applied. If you receive 2 bleed, then 1 poison, then 1 burn, and 3 bleed again, and you use a skill that cleanses 5 stacks, it would remove 3 bleed, 1 burn and 1 poison, since these are the last stacks that were applied to you. In this example, you would still have 2 bleed stacks on you, the first ones that have been applied. This would place a strategy into which condis you choose to apply first to your ennemy.

Archived