WvW Compilation of suggestions from a collective of players

ShadowFox XI.4516

• Remove the finisher on the Warclaw or change it’s effect, too OP pls nerf• Trade 10 to 15 tomes of knowledge for 1 WvW rank between ranks 100 - 1300 so new players can unlock skills faster• Add pips to Edge of the Mists, it's pretty dead since the pip system was implemented elsewhere• Create new WvW maps similar to Alpine or Eternal Battleground in size and layout or new variations of the existing one, or• Have a WvW map creation contest• Buff siege so players can’t just stack boons and take no damage from it

Fell free to add more suggestions

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:I actually like the finisher on kitty.Raising a downed person is too strong.

Fighting something that's to strong with something that's stronger Will not make the game a better place..

Is the nerf requested from organised guilds or havok squads with pocket healers so they can't be killed.

Im talking about facts, not scenery

Wait havock squads still a thing?Were can i sign up?

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:I actually like the finisher on kitty.Raising a downed person is too strong.

Fighting something that's to strong with something that's stronger Will not make the game a better place..

Is the nerf requested from organised guilds or havok squads with pocket healers so they can't be killed.

If that is not the scenario, then do explain where and why exactly is a warclaw stomp too op?

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

If that is not the scenario, then do explain where and why exactly is a warclaw stomp too op?

Warclaw is no downstate with extra steps. I thought ppl wanted that

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

You getting me wrongWhy the mountstomp is op: Its basicly a button without consequence that could change the outcome of an fight. Especially in smallscale, with everyone having access

And the thing i mentioned is basicly: if something is too strong IT should be cut down.Healing and rezzing potential is too strong as well.and should NOT have a freepass to avoid getting nerved. However; the mountstomp is stronger because basicly every player(with high enough rank) has access to IT (and dont bring up the 0.0001% who has not) and does not sacrifise anything.

Healing in this gamemode is too easy to begin with. especially when stacked up because the game automaticly heals the ones in need. No need to watch targets getting low, no need for rotations on energy and no need to click on alles.

I like the idea of the topic, but you should make it a little more organized with a link to the related topic in the forum, and maybe split it in categories like : nerfs,buffs, map changes, QoL, new features.Also the list is too thin, try using the forum search function with keywords like "suggestion" to really build a good compilation.

Some i found in a quick search:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

You getting me wrongWhy the mountstomp is op: Its basicly a button without consequence that could change the outcome of an fight. Especially in smallscale, with everyone having access

And the thing i mentioned is basicly: if something is too strong IT should be cut down.Healing and rezzing potential is too strong as well.and should NOT have a freepass to avoid getting nerved. However; the mountstomp is stronger because basicly every player(with high enough rank) has access to IT (and dont bring up the 0.0001% who has not) and does not sacrifise anything.

Healing in this gamemode is too easy to begin with. especially when stacked up because the game automaticly heals the ones in need. No need to watch targets getting low, no need for rotations on energy and no need to click on alles.

I don't know what planet you're on, but it's not azeroth!

The warclaw turned out to be a Monkey Paw? There's a song in this somewhere!

Anyway, I wanted to point out that;

• someone has to be ON the warclaw to stomp, that means;
  • they have to be out of combat, which means;
  • they aren't contributing anything, which means;
  • that side has fewer participants in the battle, which means;
  • a more difficult fight (than it would have been were they participating) until they down someone.

I, for one, would like to use my thousands of tomes for something in WvW other than spirit shards too. Why should only smaller levels be included in your idea?It would be great if anet could come up with a trade out for them in WvW. My main account has 30 level 80 alts and I won’t get anymore. The rest just sit on bag opener or in bank awaiting use for key farming.

Few ideas on tomes- although some might be to op:Tomes for siege from vendor much like proofs of heroics or badges. Tomes for tactics. You’d have to limit these somehow. Maybe the cost of tomes directly related to the tier of tactics. So ewp or presence would cost many more tomes than say sup drop or sab depot. Tomes for levels as opener suggested but for all levels, not just newer players. 10 tome/level. Tomes for food from vendor. Granted it wouldn’t be ascended or the best food, but gives ppl the option to use their “cheap” food situational at no cost.I would personally love the tome for siege option. Could be used as income in WvW for those that don’t use siege.

@Svarty.8019 said:

The warclaw turned out to be a
? There's a song in this somewhere!

• a more difficult fight (than it would have been were they participating) until they down someone.

Just for the record the argument was how bad Both mountstomps and support are. Not how much someone is contributing before the fight starts?

Im glad you have a basic level of understanding though

@Sleepwalker.1398Warclaw should be a purely movement based mount. Being able to insta down players with the mount makes for bad game play. Instead of being able to revive your teammates and turn the tides of a battle, a mount waiting on the side can come in and just double down players as soon as they go down. That is cheap and not fun gameplay. Sure it is fun to do for smaller groups but it makes for worse gameplay from solo roaming to zerg play.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

The warclaw turned out to be a
? There's a song in this somewhere!

Just for the record the argument was how bad Both mountstomps and support are. Not how much someone is contributing before the fight starts?

Im glad you have a basic level of understanding though

I was not addressing "the argument" to be but rather this statement;

@L A T I O N.8923 said:Its basicly a button without consequence that could change the outcome of an fight.As you can see, I refute your statement with both eloquence and arrogance in equal measure. Harumph!

Not sure we would be getting any changes until balance and alliances. Both of which might impact a number of suggestions, even changes to downstate since who knows after the balance patch we may have unkillable players depending on how they balance or everyone can now 1 shot thru downed. Even new map suggestions could be impacted if a full alliance can just fit on EB, we may end up with EB being the only map. I know they are planning on mounts changes in the meantime but even that is impacted by the balance patch.

• Make maximum tickets 450 a weekIt takes longer than other game modes to get legendary armor

• 3 more Grandmaster Marks per weekMarks are like the worst way to get ascended armor

• Remove the panel where you can buy regular blueprints for like 12 silverSeriously, who uses that crap?

• Allow level 80 food to be bought with Badges + Heroics

• Make colors random per week

• Increase reward for killing players that haven't died for a while

• Outnumbered players give only 1 wxp when killed

• Make inner SM walls destroyable

• Return Siegerazer/crusher to all 4 maps! Make them more frequent and stronger.

• Make Reward track boxes stackable. Too much useless clutter.