Can someone explain to me

Why the Rift event in Kessex Hills, a level 15 - 25 area, teleports players upon completing the event to the Iron Marches, a level 50 - 60 area. Furthermore, can someone explain to me why the spot we get teleported to is not even safe? There's literally three Rock Dogs, levels 54 mind you, waiting to maul anyone that arrives. For players below those levels, this is obviously a DEATH SENTENCE. So the burning question is, WHY?

Just to make you mad.

In all seriousness though, it's probably an oversight. The rifts are supposed to take you in a big rotation through all possible rifts so that you can complete the associated achievements, and the devs probably assumed (incorrectly) that the people partaking would be end-game level 80 players. However, being that the rifts seem to be fixed into the world now, it seems reasonable to assume people can come back and complete them all when they reach top level or that they might use LFG to recruit tough buddies to keep them alive.

From a lore perspective, the rifts are placed at random with no heed for player level, map inconvenience, personal difficulty, or Rock Dogs. We live in an uncaring universe.

I do think it would be a good idea for the game to avoid teleporting players to maps above their level. It's not a big deal for an experienced player but I can see how it could be a frustrating experience for a new player. For a start dying through no fault of your own because the game dumped you into an area you shouldn't be in is quite jarring.

Then you have to figure out how to get back (and if you're 'supposed' to go back or to carry on from here - the game sent you to this new map after all). If you know the PvP Lobby > LA > Home City 'trick' (and you're not on a free account which can't go through LA until level 30) it's ok, if not you're stuck with trying to work out where on the world map you were (a brand new player at level 15 may not have looked at the map much) and paying the waypoint cost to get back, which again for a new player could seem like a significant cost.

I don't know how difficult this would be but maybe the portal could check the character's level and if they're too low for the destination map it sends them back where they came from instead.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@Karel.2605 said:So the burning question is, WHY?

Because it is a level 80 event.

So how would a level 20 character, running around in Kessex Hills, know that this shiny portal they just came across in a level 15 - 25 zone, is level 80 content? That's the whole point of this post.

I'm pretty sure the dev can easily place a level check on to prevent non L80s from entering the portal, but they didn't, so may be was a deliberate move?

yo! lowbie, farm harder and you can survive our awesome event :lol:

I distinctly remember this happening, watching a newbie character mauled over and over by a rock dog in the iron marches. I had to break the bad news to them and say that they'd be better off just waypointing out than getting ressed over and over again because of the level difference. At least that person didn't seem too dispirited from that experience. :/

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I distinctly remember this happening, watching a newbie character mauled over and over by a rock dog in the iron marches. I had to break the bad news to them and say that they'd be better off just waypointing out than getting ressed over and over again because of the level difference. At least that person didn't seem too dispirited from that experience. :/

well... if you think about from the other angle, it's kinda a free teleport to friend, into an unfriendly zone :lol:

@crepuscular.9047 said:I'm pretty sure the dev can easily place a level check on to prevent non L80s from entering the portal, but they didn't, so may be was a deliberate move?

Yeah, don't get it, either, why low level characters are even allowed to enter. Poor souls.

yo! lowbie, farm harder and you can survive our awesome event :lol:

That's a bit... sadistic. :lol: