False advertising?

Josa.5067

@"Sera.2146" said:Looks like the timestamps have been frozen on the False Advertising topic related to this... https://i.imgur.com/WxsWCrp.png

Indeed, it looks this way. The topic list shows if there's a new post in the thread, but due to the timestamp being blocked it no longer bumps the thread to the top of the list. As such, the topic is going to drop out of front page soon.

I didn't even know they could do that

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Sera.2146" said:Looks like the timestamps have been frozen on the
topic related to this...

Indeed, it looks this way. The topic list shows if there's a new post in the thread, but due to the timestamp being blocked it no longer bumps the thread to the top of the list. As such, the topic is going to drop out of front page soon.

I didn't even know they could do that

You're right, just made a post there. Didn't bump it to the top.

I don't really see any reason why they would even freeze the timestamps. The discussion would have died at some point anyway, that always happens.

If this is intentional, it's just going to start an entirely new discussion, and it's going to make them look even worse.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Warwick.6325 said:That's hilarious! Covering up their mess as they could will take them more work than simply scaling the chair towards charr proportions...

You know this as fact? It would be that simple? Not saying that I agree with the management of the complaints here, but do you really know this is true?

Well I think it's quite clear now. Merged with the thread where timestamps are frozen.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Oof.

Bug Fix:
  • Updated the Gem Store banner for the Legionnaire's Chair.

ArenaNet, don't do that. That wasn't a bug. And honestly, even if other races looked small on a Charr chair, that would have been accurate to your lore, your world, and the people who have chosen to play Charr and pay for race-themed items like this one. You should recall the item, scale it correctly for Charr, and release it again with a short apology for any confusion. Even if you meant to release the chair this small, it was still not the right thing to do.

Don't act like the picture was the mistake; I say this as someone who wants to buy stuff from you.

This ^ x100Ive been looking so forward to a charr culture themed chair ever since the asura one came out some time ago.My charrMy bodyMy credit cardMy paypal account....All of the above were ready.... ????

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Oof.

Bug Fix:
  • Updated the Gem Store banner for the Legionnaire's Chair.

ArenaNet, don't do that. That wasn't a bug. And honestly, even if other races looked small on a Charr chair, that would have been accurate to your lore, your world, and the people who have chosen to play Charr and pay for race-themed items like this one. You should recall the item, scale it correctly for Charr, and release it again with a short apology for any confusion. Even if you meant to release the chair this small, it was still not the right thing to do.

Don't act like the picture was the mistake; I say this as someone who wants to buy stuff from you.

This ^ x100Ive been looking so forward to a charr culture themed chair ever since the asura one came out some time ago.My charrMy bodyMy credit cardMy paypal account....All of the above were ready.... ????

But hey, its faster to fix the artwork than make the players of Charr characters happy.

ArenaNet only bother making any of the gem store items with humans in mind, outfits, chairs, it's pretty much luck if it will look fine with other races - but the false advertising is just a new step in awful from them on that issue.

(I wrote something about the timestamp "bug", but it was removed by the mod)