anet's vision of the game

kraai.7265

Wish they would redo this quarterly and share honestly. I believe they don't since posters will go to the "Soon" emote. But a general roadmap ongoing would be a nice to have.

/SOON <--- For a second I thought this really was a new emote that I didn't try before...so I tried it...and of course it didn't work.

If there's serious demand for creating this emote...I'd like to suggest perhaps using something seriously inspirational to create it

Hope the answer to my personal question of when? - AS SOON as I pass...

Hope is very precious & allows people to endure.

I still believe ANet has a vision, but keeps it hidden for reasons unknown to me.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:So your thread is just a rant about all the things you don't like about WvW and NOT really about a roadmap of the game. Probably should rename the title.

So.., you figured you’d comment twice about... the same thing?

I don't follow ... is this some poor attempt to police the forums for posts you don't approve of? You don't like that there isn't a 'contribution' to the thread? Thread wasn't made for one to begin with. Here, this will explain it for you.

Oh no. It’s all good. It’s impressive that in that one post, your penchant for hypocrisy is spelled out by you.

It’s all good.

??????

If what I said was hypocritical, you might have something. It was never the Op's intention to have a reasonable discussion in the first place. He just wanted to complain about everything he didn't like about WvW .. under the guise that Anet hasn't provided us a roadmap, which they NEVER have done. I got no problem with that.

they used to give us roadmaps... back before WvW tournies.

Not bring a prick here but I don't remember that. What did they look like? How long ago was it?

@kraai.7265 said:and btw you were hypocrital, beeing a police if my post you dislike and then using that to defend from someone who doesn't share your pov.

My question to you had nothing to do with sharing a POV ... in fact, you don't know what my POV is. There really isn't any reason to hide complaints behind the constant barrage of roadmap requests. Just come out and say what you don't like. You don't need a roadmap to do that.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:So your thread is just a rant about all the things you don't like about WvW and NOT really about a roadmap of the game. Probably should rename the title.

So.., you figured you’d comment twice about... the same thing?

I don't follow ... is this some poor attempt to police the forums for posts you don't approve of? You don't like that there isn't a 'contribution' to the thread? Thread wasn't made for one to begin with. Here, this will explain it for you.

Oh no. It’s all good. It’s impressive that in that one post, your penchant for hypocrisy is spelled out by you.

It’s all good.

??????

If what I said was hypocritical, you might have something. It was never the Op's intention to have a reasonable discussion in the first place. He just wanted to complain about everything he didn't like about WvW .. under the guise that Anet hasn't provided us a roadmap, which they NEVER have done. I got no problem with that.

they used to give us roadmaps... back before WvW tournies.

Not bring a prick here but I don't remember that. What did they look like? How long ago was it?

They would talk about plans and deliver them. They would work with the community feedback. Everytime they made a change, they would explain why. Even the community trolled Anet with Portable Cannons. it was a bad idea and players knew that but for laughs voted it in anyway with a "you'll regret this" smile.

Anet squads used to be in WvW aswell sharing our glory for the war effort.. Entire zergs would protect them from entire servers hunting them.

The ONLY time that I recall that an Anet Dev said people were playing the game mode wrong was during a GvG... Anet representatives were quick to respond on his behalf of the video posted to apologize and encouraged more GvGs and a stronger community from it. They even changed the OS for it, to specifically cater to organised fights.

So even GvGs are or were a vision for Anet... Combat in general was a main focus and Anet used to do all it could to encourage that.They added ruins for roamers as extra objectives for roamers and they listened about protecting yaks because you couldn't stop 2 people ganking a yak if they wanted it so they once again gave the smaller numbers or roamers a chance by adding that bubble thing.They know scouts were a thing that had to sit in towers all day keeping watch and so they added watch towers so those scouts could join the battle again.

The list is endless until the Mount was dropped from out of no where.

after doing some reading about a Dev leaving... He mentions he already handed most of the control over to someone else shortly after POF... Clearly that new person in control didn't understand what kept WvW running all these years.

If the new Devs are going a different direction where WvW is no longer an open world pvp area that caters to all open world pvp players, I too would like to know. I did my Orr karma trains back in the day, have no interest in doing it again.

One massive fundamental change that needs to be reinstated for WvW is our link to PvE... We didnt have LA as a mega server and this made a great community between WvW players and PvE players. WvW players would constantly dip into LA to either ask the server to rally together for a huge defense, recruitment to WvW guilds or to organise fun raids for the entire community like an all pink raid or something similar.

TLDR: WvW has always been about fights regardless of numbers. The mount was the first introduction that steered away from the previous 6+ years of direction.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@kraai.7265 said:and btw you were hypocrital, beeing a police if my post you dislike and then using that to defend from someone who doesn't share your pov.

My question to you had nothing to do with sharing a POV ... in fact, you don't know what my POV is. There really isn't any reason to hide complaints behind the constant barrage of roadmap requests. Just come out and say what you don't like. You don't need a roadmap to do that.

Actually your question did nothing usefull for the whole post, but if you really want to know what i want, it's simple, anet shows no commitment at all with pvp or wvw, yet they still throw some changes now and then so players keep hooked, but what this game need is actually a miracle

i either want them to just shut it down, and tell their pvp community that they don't care anymore, and pvp/wvw won't get any more support

or come to us with real serious plans to improve the experience AKA a road map, a real one, not that crap they linked a few comments ago, right now it feels the pvp side of the game is in maintenance mode and pve is barely touched for that ls chapter every few months, and it really feels they are just milking whatever money they can get from this game with out even working on it properly.. thats all

so yes i did complain about what i don't like, but i didn't hide anything because what i want is that roadmap, to understand what they want to do in the future, so i can know if i want to keep as a customer or leave this mess of a game, or at least to know if all this recent changes that made this game so lame were on purspose or just random things they wanted to add

@kraai.7265 said:come to us with real serious plans to improve the experience AKA a road map, a real one, not that kitten they linked a few comments ago, right now it feels the pvp side of the game is in maintenance mode and pve is barely touched for that ls chapter every few months, and it really feels they are just milking whatever money they can get from this game with out even working on it properly.. thats all

They've told us again and again.From Mike O'brien saying we were really into pve 6 years ago to describing their devs as divided into 3 teams making living story.. And a handful of people taking care of everything else. WvW is a sideshow and it'll get thrown a bone if there's time.

@kraai.7265 said:

Actually your question did nothing usefull for the whole post, but if you really want to know what i want, it's simple, anet shows no commitment at all with pvp or wvw, yet they still throw some changes now and then so players keep hooked, but what this game need is actually a miracle

i either want them to just shut it down, and tell their pvp community that they don't care anymore, and pvp/wvw won't get any more support

You aren't going to get any of those things ... and you're going to accuse me of not providing anything useful in the whole post ... Sure. The whole THREAD was never INTENDED to be useful because anyone with a smidge of understand knows Anet isn't going to come here and tell you they are shutting it down or not supporting it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

You aren't going to get any of those things ... but you're going to accuse me of not providing anything useful in the whole post ... Sure. The whole THREAD was never INTENDED to be useful.

And you are just bored and looking someone to argue with, go grab attention from ur family or friends if you feel lonely, and let some developer from anet tell me those things ok? good bye!

@kraai.7265 said:

You aren't going to get any of those things ... but you're going to accuse me of not providing anything useful in the whole post ... Sure. The whole THREAD was never INTENDED to be useful.

And you are just bored and looking someone to argue with, go grab attention from ur family or friends if you feel lonely, and let some developer from anet tell me those things ok? good bye!

That doesn't make sense. The forum is a place for open discussion. There is no reason for me to leave and no developer is going to come and tell you anything because your intent is clear; obviously it's not to have a reasonable discussion ... it's to call out people and make demands. I have to leave because I disagree with how you are posting on the forum and misleading people? I don't think that's how it works.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense. The forum is a place for open discussion. There is no reason for me to leave and no developer is going to come and tell you anything because your intent is clear; obviously it's not to have a reasonable discussion ... it's to call out people and make demands. I have to leave because I disagree with how you are posting on the forum and misleading people? I don't think that's how it works.

do as you please m8, clearly your intention is not to have a reasonable discussion either, just calling for attention and wanting to argue with somebody, good luck with that, thanks for adding absolutely nothing usefull to the topic

@kraai.7265 said:

do as you please m8, clearly your intention is not to have a reasonable discussion either, just calling for attention and wanting to argue with somebody, good luck with that, thanks for adding absolutely nothing usefull to the topic

See, this is the problem .. I came here wondering what the 'vision for the game' thread was going to be about because it's not like we haven't seen these before ... man, was I ever disappointed when it was just a WvW rant. Even the people that tried to go that direction were thoroughly diminished and dismissed in their attempts to talk about it with more WvW bashing, so really, what's the point of 'adding something useful' ...

But you know what, I will oblige you because you REALLY want to be on topic and have me contribute ... so here we go.

We know where the game is headed ... Halloween event coming up ... maybe some kind of minor OW event in core like bandits or Ley Line Anomaly before Christmas or an LS if we are lucky, then Christmas and Chinese New Year, some long term WvW alliances thing if we are lucky. Probably a fractal developent in that time. WE aren't due for a raid until ... the new year? Random GS offerings. Probably a few smaller things in that time frame like Jewelry 500. That's about as good as it gets. Nothing in there is going to blow your socks off with fixes to all the things you currently hate about WvW, so why ask for it? It's a ruse.

Even if there was something completely awesome in there you want .. you aren't going to hear about it until about a month before it actually happens. That's just how Anet operates.

Honestly it's better to make your own personal roadmap about what they have done with the mode since release interns of changes and base your decision off that.

What I mained the mode for is long gone and I just lurk the forums to see how things are gonna end up for it. Already went back to WoW and other games though, much better use of time cause it wont be wasted.

The Developers don't owe you any kind of explanation for what they are doing or when they will be doing it. It is their game and they will do with it as they please and see fit in the timely manner they deem. To come in here and demand that they tell you exactly what they are doing and when it will get done is asinine. Now what you can do is come here and make suggestions as to what you would like to see done to make improvements to the game mode, and if they decide that it's something really worth looking in to then they might do it. Or they may not if it doesn't fit in the overall scheme of their plans and design for this game. They company has to do what is best for the company, not the consumer. If the consumers had their way, every company would be bankrupt and in the hole instead of making money and continuing their presence. This is a business and as such they have to make revenue or close shop. So all of you coming in here and complaining that they are just trying to make money, DUH that's what any business tries to do. If they can't make money then they have to close the doors. Stop trying to demand knowing what is going on behind the curtain, it's not going to happen. At best we can hope for a general knowledge of what the developers intend to do as they see fit, when they decide to give out such information. Too much self entitlement going on around here.

The reason people ask these questions about direction and updates is because WvW or PvP as a whole never get them. However, a PvE post about something super minor in upcoming PvE content, with maybe 5 posts, will get a anet reply, often times more than one reply from anet, however WvW/PvP questions about just general direction and ANY kind of information on whats actually going on, that will stretch page after page of replies, won't receive a single response from anet.

Which honestly, speaks far greater to their plans for PvP than any reply they could have given.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:It is not unreasonable to demand a road map for a game you play. If I'm going to put my time, and money, into something I want to know what to expect in the future. Every game company does this, even kitten EA does it.

You can ask, sure. Doesn't mean you should always get an answer. Sometimes companies can't say what is going on or what might happen. To do so may jeopardize something they are working on or towards. If a company does give you some kind of heads up as to the direction they are trying to go in then kudos on them. They don't HAVE to do it, they are just being kind in doing so. Most of the time when someone gives information there is always someone else that thinks it's a bad idea or that they know how to do it better. It's not always a good thing to listen to outside influences in regards to what is trying to be done, sometimes that can derail a project or even completely stop it. Again, the better thing to do is to make your suggestions and then remember that it is just a suggestion and not something that has to be taken as concrete and implemented. Anet knows what is best for their product, WE do not. We only know what we would like best for us to make our game more enjoyable for ourselves. That doesn't necessarily make the game better for all that are playing.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@c space cowboy.2764 said:It is not unreasonable to demand a road map for a game you play. If I'm going to put my time, and money, into something I want to know what to expect in the future. Every game company does this, even kitten EA does it.

You can ask, sure. Doesn't mean you should always get an answer. Sometimes companies can't say what is going on or what might happen. To do so may jeopardize something they are working on or towards. If a company does give you some kind of heads up as to the direction they are trying to go in then kudos on them. They don't HAVE to do it, they are just being kind in doing so. Most of the time when someone gives information there is always someone else that thinks it's a bad idea or that they know how to do it better. It's not always a good thing to listen to outside influences in regards to what is trying to be done, sometimes that can derail a project or even completely stop it. Again, the better thing to do is to make your suggestions and then remember that it is just a suggestion and not something that has to be taken as concrete and implemented. Anet knows what is best for their product, WE do not. We only know what we would like best for us to make our game more enjoyable for ourselves. That doesn't necessarily make the game better for all that are playing.

You're correct, game companies aren't required to provide road maps or information on future releases.

I also am not required to support said company and will take my money elsewhere.

It has been proven time and time again, offering a roadmap on where you're taking your game leads to players sticking around longer.

Why stick around and support a company, especially one that has been in serious turmoil for the last year, when you have no idea what the future holds?

Considering what sPvP and WvW has gotten content wise, table scraps, it is not unreasonable to request a roadmap.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:The reason people ask these questions about direction and updates is because WvW or PvP as a whole never get them. However, a PvE post about something super minor in upcoming PvE content, with maybe 5 posts, will get a anet reply, often times more than one reply from anet, however WvW/PvP questions about just general direction and ANY kind of information on whats actually going on, that will stretch page after page of replies, won't receive a single response from anet.

Which honestly, speaks far greater to their plans for PvP than any reply they could have given.

That's because the WvW community and SPvP community don't really know what they want. They ask for non tangible requests like better Balance, which can't really be measured.

People out there keep cosigning Anet's statement about how 5v5 Conquest is the best thing since sliced bread, which is why we still won't get anything bigger than 5v5 in SPvP outside private non queue matches.

Same with WvW, you people don't know what you want. All I hear is cries for Mounts to go and Firebrand to be nerfed. Well WvW was dying before Firebrand and Mounts. That's not going to save it. The WvW need new PvPvE Features and most of you all rather WvW stay as is but with No Mounts, nerfed Guardian and some Alliance system that will kill the last bit of Faction pride in this badly designed game mode.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:The reason people ask these questions about direction and updates is because WvW or PvP as a whole never get them. However, a PvE post about something super minor in upcoming PvE content, with maybe 5 posts, will get a anet reply, often times more than one reply from anet, however WvW/PvP questions about just general direction and ANY kind of information on whats actually going on, that will stretch page after page of replies, won't receive a single response from anet.

That's because the WvW community and SPvP community don't really know what they want.What? The WvW community knows exactly what it wants. Even Anet knows exactly what the WvW community wants and needs by now, they are doing it, it is just that they are diverting so few resources to it that it is taking half a decade to accomplish (ed. or is on course to take a decade to accomplish if we factor in the first attempt at mega servers for WvW).

That you can't seem to read or understand and only keep making alot of noise by posting alot of counter-productive spam does not really drown out what the community has been asking for since day one.

The only problem with advocacy here is you. The other problem is the management of Anet.