Which class suffers the most hard-counters in a 1 vs 1 fight?

EremiteAngel.9765

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Helly.2597" said:The truth is mostly that hard counters aren't a thing. From my experience too many variables can go into a fight to make any matchup between classes "unwinnable." If you allow for every class to build swap between builds freely then most "hard counters" stop being so. Even at equal skill levels.

I agree with this. I think there are a lot of fights that favor one side over another, and in some cases it can be extremely one sided, but I don't think there are "hard-counters" per-se. At least by my definition, that means one thing cannot beat another regardless of skill. Only by chance or crucial mistake can x beat y, but otherwise skill will not dictate who wins - class/build will.

I don't think Necro or Reaper are weak as they currently are. I think in an open field 1 v 1, Necro/Reaper/Scourge will struggle against just about anything, but I don't think that makes it bad, weak or defenseless. It's a low skill floor class with a high skill cap. A lot of people pick it up because it's easy and can have a big impact on group fights, but most never learn how to actually play it outside of those scenarios.

It's nice to see people giving support to Necro and all, but I kind of don't want it either... Historically, bad things follow when Necro gets buffs and I don't think it needs anything right now. Scourge needs a lot of work, but otherwise I'd rather ANet just leave Necro alone, lol.

I wish anet would leave everything alone a year ago.

Not sure there really are hard counters left for entire classes. Necro is the only reliably kited class but it is still lethal with the right build in 1v1. The 1v1 variety is pretty strong despite the complaining. I would be more interested in poll for builds that have no hard counters such as Boon Beast, Condi Mirage, PermStealth DE, etc. They do have soft counters but 1v1 some builds simply always have a decent chance.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:It's a tie between Necro and Mesmer for me. Ranger/DH should always beat necro. Theif should always beat mesmer.

Dh can win if they burst towards powercreep the target, if u are at leas a mediocre Mesmer u won’t loose to anybody.

When I play thief I usually only lose to mesmer if I screw up bad. If I'm playing a necro and have a LB to kite them they are ezpz

@Straegen.2938 said:Not sure there really are hard counters left for entire classes. Necro is the only reliably kited class but it is still lethal with the right build in 1v1. The 1v1 variety is pretty strong despite the complaining. I would be more interested in poll for builds that have no hard counters such as Boon Beast, Condi Mirage, PermStealth DE, etc. They do have soft counters but 1v1 some builds simply always have a decent chance.

The irony of that is that Necro actually fares quite well against all those builds. In my experience, Deadeye is the hardest to deal with if they play well. Boonbeast, condi Mirage and S/D Weaver are all quite easy because of boon rip/corrupt. I have a much easier time against condi Mirage if I'm also playing condi, but the others I can handle as power just fine. I agree with you on all points though.

I hate fighting Necros when I am dual melee Warrior, especially when I am on Dagger/Dagger-Sw/Sh Spellbreaker, and not playing meta Warrior Gs-X/Sh. I still prefer a rifle or even better a Ranger :p. With dual melee Warrior you are constantly forced to close with the Necro making it much more painful.

After that it can come down to build and even weapon choices. Normally I dont like fighting thieves but my Dagger/Dagger-Sw/Sh Spellbreaker can literally 2 shot certain types. Then again, if they change to DE it becomes much harder.

Plus I find I end up fighting certain classes/builds alot, and then all of a sudden something I never fight comes along and I say what was that as I scrape myself off the ground and head back to spawn.

I like the variety in this game, but too many still cling to meta only making it stale.

Its reduced the slot machine nature of roaming which is how the game was pitched to me by friends to get me to join.

We need more variety in this game and i hope they start to look more at balancing overused weapons, traits, and skills.