Favorite Class

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Revenant actually winning a popularity poll, this has to be a first.

Well, this poll here is obviously not representive.I think we got told that currently the most popular class in the game is the guardian and engineer is the least popular?

But in this poll here, engineer got voted more for than guardian.There are not enough people using these boards to really give us a representive result.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Revenant actually winning a popularity poll, this has to be a first.

If you think about it this way:

The people most likely to visit the forums are people with complaints.

Then look at the popularity of classes in the poll.

See if there's some correlation between these classes and people whom might have complaints.

I tried every class, but thief is my favorite.I always loved playing stealthy and killing mobs by stabbing their backs. I know it's uneffective in GW2 (PvE), but what's stopping me from faving fun? Deadeye is the best. The only thing I don't like about Deadeye is poor range. 2k should be minimum, but all PvP and WvW players would scream that it's too OP.I dont like that Deadeye's mark. It's missing something — canceling. I know there's a skill for it, but it should be a part of DM (available during CD).I spend almost half of my playtime (6k+ hours across all characters) as a thief.

@Antycypator.9874 said:I tried every class, but thief is my favorite.I always loved playing stealthy and killing mobs by stabbing their backs. I know it's uneffective in GW2 (PvE), but what's stopping me from faving fun? Deadeye is the best. The only thing I don't like about Deadeye is poor range. 2k should be minimum, but all PvP and WvW players would scream that it's too OP.I dont like that Deadeye's mark. It's missing something — canceling. I know there's a skill for it, but it should be a part of DM (available during CD).I spend almost half of my playtime (6k+ hours across all characters) as a thief.

Deadeye has a range of 1500, which is the highest range for skills in this game. And you consider this poor range? Are you kidding?!?!

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:I tried every class, but thief is my favorite.I always loved playing stealthy and killing mobs by stabbing their backs. I know it's uneffective in GW2 (PvE), but what's stopping me from faving fun? Deadeye is the best. The only thing I don't like about Deadeye is poor range. 2k should be minimum, but all PvP and WvW players would scream that it's too OP.I dont like that Deadeye's mark. It's missing something — canceling. I know there's a skill for it, but it should be a part of DM (available during CD).I spend almost half of my playtime (6k+ hours across all characters) as a thief.

Deadeye has a range of 1500, which is the highest range for skills in this game. And you consider this
poor
range? Are you kidding?!?!

For WvW? Yes. I think it should be 1200/2000range. Kneeling makes you immobile and 300 range is literally five steps. Use DM on someone and in next second your target is out of range. This is a sniper spec, should work as a sniper (not without a trade-off, it could be less precision or chance to miss).

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always played mage/caster classes in every other mmo, but after playing mesmer I don’t think I can go back to fire-bolts, blizzards, and arcane blasts anymore! The seamless blend of illusion magic, spell-casting, and sword fighting makes it a class unlike any other and truly sets apart guild wars 2.

In gw1 I mostly played monk and Ritu. Sometimes I played ele but just for spike in HA or GvG.When I started to play gw2 I immediately pick guardian but it was not like my monk, and after 29 levels I switched to engi hoping that turrets were like my Ritu spirits.But again I stopped to play. Then one day after few months I started to play again and in pvp was in meta the ele celestial staff as side noder, when I tried ele with staff, the complexity of the attunements, the blast finisher etc convinced me and I started to main ele.For months I just played pvp, switched to the good old DD cele ele, and one day I decided to level up my char in order to play also pve and I started to do dungeons, and again my mind exploded because it was so fun to stack might and play full zerker.Since then I continued to main ele, I really love the complexity of attunement and the quick play style of Weaver. I'm really curious if we will have a new espec which new mechanics it will have!!!

If one day I will reinstall gw1 I will for sure make an ele there too xD

I choose Revenant but I should say Herald, because I don't like Renegade at all and core Rev is meh and the class is full of bugs. Before HoT my main was Guardian and I should say that overall has appeal in both the core builds and the Dragonhunter and Firebrand specs.

kx07pdS.jpg

yD1KK9b.jpg

YyH9KJR.jpg

VmTpAFm.jpg

I fell in love with Necro, the core one.I know it's not even close to be pve meta, but damn I really love the shroud like this and really can't go reaper or scourge.I always wanna play something who feel mage, and I really appreciate the Dark Magic & Lich theme we got with him.I also really love the Blood Fiends, this little ball of mist. A friend sent me the mini-one so I've two of them now <3I'm not a big fan of other minion look, but I've play a period of time with Nova, Rise and all minion, damn, it's so fun to run in a mass fight and end-up with 15 minion around xDI've always ton of idea about how to play it and it's very fun to build this class to me.It's very tanky, never encounter something I can't solo (except when I play like idiot :>) I'm ranged and hit like a truck.I've build so I'm 80%+ of the time under shroud that allow me to be always full life with the Unholy Sanctuary and use few minion mostly for cleanse and CC.

I've also play Hizen Mesmer double-staff who was hella fun but still don't like mesmer animation/gameplay.I've try Spellbreaker and Dragonhunter, and was disappointed, their core version were more fun to me.

Edit : Trying to find a picture on my phone dunno if I've put them on cloud..Got one from char screen.As you can see, I love simple thing ; and since I'm still a bit new, I don't have ton of outfit. Any tips to gather a decent collection for free ? I've try to buy with karma the gear look I don't have in all region I explore but still have only few :<

xlnvpJN.jpg

@Buran.3796 Your Guardian look very cool :)