Level 80's in starter zones, why?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:Because I love flamethrower engineers but it is absolutely not viable to camp flamethrower at level 80. So I go to Queensdale to torch bandits EZPZ and feel better about myself.

Have.. have you not tried Diviner Scrapper?[&DQMmHwY3Kz/ZEoQAkwEBAa4SrhInEycTgxKDEgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]With Chronomancer Runes.

I haven't actually. I'm assuming that string of characters is a link to a build of some kind? Where should I use/paste it?

@Jagblade.4627 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:Because I love flamethrower engineers but it is absolutely not viable to camp flamethrower at level 80. So I go to Queensdale to torch bandits EZPZ and feel better about myself.

Have.. have you not tried Diviner Scrapper?[&DQMmHwY3Kz/ZEoQAkwEBAa4SrhInEycTgxKDEgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]With Chronomancer Runes.

I haven't actually. I'm assuming that string of characters is a link to a build of some kind? Where should I use/paste it?

Paste it in game and then right click copy the build. Use gyros together for field combos along with flamethrower for lots of dps, CC and boon duration mayhem.

@Jagblade.4627 said:

its a build template link i belive

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Just wanted to come back and say I gave this build a try and could not be happier. Thanks again for recommending it to me! For the time being though I'm running it with Superior Runes of The Flame Legion which are considerably cheaper, at least until I can acquire Chronomancer runes. Since the build has you camping flamethrower for the most part, the extra burning duration and increased damaged to burning enemies is very nice.

(1): +25 Power(2): +10% Burning Duration(3): +50 Power(4): +20% Burning Duration(5): +100 Power(6): +20% Burning Duration; +7% damage against burning foes.

Dailies. But i also like sticking around abit and doin some random stuff in the area coz there is some nostalgia in the old simple quests and areas and sometimes theres even something i havent seen much of yet (found a rift in Kessex doin dailies the other day).

But yea if i see some lower level players around i try to hold back and not murder every lvl1 skale in 1 second like the big hero i am, its kinda awkward XD

They could introduce some new starter area challenge mode with some really agressive downscaling (including scaling gear to white levels), could help? :tongue:

The level 1-15, rarely go there with a level 80. Plains of Ashford is probably the only exception. I really like the are with the ghosts on the wall where the sky turns blue. So awesomely looking.

I occasionally go to the level 15-25. For some reason they have few of the best leveling maps. Also, resources here tend to be the most valuable.

I like to observe and play guardian angel with the new players (using a stealthed deadeye to shadow them from above, sniping a mob that's killing them, and whispering them to fall back if the zone they're entering is too high for their level). Occasionally I get some of them to ask questions regarding the game, and I take great pleasure dispensing what little knowledge I have regarding what confuses them at the time.

It's literally a way for me to relax and still stay active

@Naxos.2503 said:I like to observe and play guardian angel with the new players (using a stealthed deadeye to shadow them from above, sniping a mob that's killing them, and whispering them to fall back if the zone they're entering is too high for their level). Occasionally I get some of them to ask questions regarding the game, and I take great pleasure dispensing what little knowledge I have regarding what confuses them at the time.

It's literally a way for me to relax and still stay active

Brings back memories of taking a level 50 healer or buffer into the Sewers in City of Heroes. Gotta look after the little ducklings!