Which Elder Dragon do you want to focus on most after Kralkatorrik? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which Elder Dragon do you want to focus on most after Kralkatorrik?

Comments

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Deep Sea Dragon (Bubbles, Steve)

Puff the Magic Dragon.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

I want to go for the Deep Sea Dragon and I want it to be noticeably female, since all the others come across as males.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

So long as it's not called Steve. I'm Steve, it's just a dragon-shaped upstart.

I worry about the inevitable quantity of underwater combat in such a scenario. I don't mind it myself, although I'd love them to make it feel power-balanced compared to land combat, but I know that there's a substantial number of people who detest it.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2018

Primordus and Jormag are back to sleep, and I don't think we'll awaken them right away. Might take an expansion or two before that happens.

So yeah, the next in line is Selbbub. Could match a Canthan expansion well enough, as the "secret villain", so we don't now it's him until the end.

@Cyrin.1035 said:

This one looks great.

@Palador.2170 said:
    I've voted DSD, but I want it with a twist. We need to go to Cantha to save it.

With all his added powers, including the mental domain from Mordremoth, I want Kralk to now be a reasoning and reasonable World Ending Engine of Destruction. We feel we're finally ready to face him and he... talks. Explains that he simply is what he is, and the world is meant to function with him in it. He can't avoid being what he is, but maybe he can work with us to do a bit less harm for now? Oh, and by the way... those people in Cantha may be about to kill an Elder Dragon of their own. We might want to rush over there and do something about that.

Now, that's not to say that we'd be friends with the DSD. I want it to be a thing of horror and nightmares. And we'll fight it some, too. But our main goal will be to overthrow the forces about to destroy it, and maybe reopen Cantha to non-human races in the process. Get some more sensible people in charge. You know... before they all die anyway.

I want some cool twist like that too. Maybe the Canthans enslaved Selbbub, and are using him for evil.

Dragon empire, this time with an actual dragon!

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Primordus

I vote to save Primordus as the Apex,
    he has quite a status from gw1, plus he's not just the most destructive one, he's in name and essence primordial.
    I always pictured him to be the eldest or the 'best' elder dragon. He's got the short end of the stick due to Balthazar draining him, and feeding it back to Kralka, but ultimately, I think Primo would and should rise to position no.1

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• moonstarmac.4603moonstarmac.4603 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2018

I guess you missed the whole LWS3 right? Primordous and Jormag as taking a nap once more...I'm thinking we will end up having to find a way to replicate the Blood Stones to seal off all of the wild magic and stabilize the ley lines again. Maybe Zojja will return with the solution?

...also, I kinda hope Kralk kills Joko...

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Missed the "I don't care much about the Dragons because being basically forces of nature, with no other motivation than being what they are and doing what they do, doesn't make them very interesting enemies to begin with"-option but, oh well, if I had to chose between the options given: I'd go for Sbubbles.

Mainly because I think UW combat is one of the mechanics that make the world of Tyria more immersive and complete. I can still remember that, having explorable UW content, UW combat and gear and even instanced content, in story and Dungeons, was one of the first thing that wow'd me on this game. It just felt so much more real that you could explore the bodies of water in this world. So many other games chicken out on this, water wass insta death because eventhough our heores fight all sorts of demons/monsters/dragons/whateveres, we're also bad swimmers...sure. Or every body of water was surrounded by some invisible wall...feelscheapman.
    I would really love if ANet would return some ressources to UW again. I get that movement in a real three dimensional environment is not for everyone and maybe they shouldn't go too crazy with the puzzles or swimming in close quarters, should they ever go UW again, but it's something one can get used to, the fractal crowd had to, the PvE crowd had to if they wanted map completion, not so much that you like it, but as much as you cen get through with it. I also see that an UW overhaul would involve changing/fixing/adding a lots of stuff to make it good and kinda on par with gameplay on land. Still I'd wish for it and to make it happen, I think, we would have have a reason to go UW within the story of the game. What better reason than to meet the deep sea dragon? ;) ...also Largos ...also more dead Quaggans(no h8, don't judge m8)

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2018

@lokh.2695 said:
    Missed the "I don't care much about the Dragons because being basically forces of nature, with no other motivation than being what they are and doing what they do, doesn't make them very interesting enemies to begin with"-option

I can understand that opinion, but I think them being forces of nature is a far more interesting and all-encompassing danger than the petty motivations behind whichever villain wants to start trouble at the time. I couldn't care less about Joko or Balthazar's selfish desires. At least not as a main story arc. The threat of a force of nature where we can either see them as enemies or as something to control or protect has far more dimensions, motivations from those who are dealing with them and affected by them, and vast story potential IMO.

If they had designed Balthazar's arc, motivations, and the outcome with his character better, it would have been a great way to have a villain other than the dragons, yet still tied to them so both major storylines can develop. So far, I haven't seen GW 2 handle non-dragon, major story arcs well. GW 1 did these types of stories far better.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why is aurene not an option?

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭

Dragons make boring enemies, but if it takes us to Cantha so be it.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jormag

@Lonami.2987 said:
    Primordus and Jormag are back to sleep, and I don't think we'll awaken them right away. Might take an expansion or two before that happens.

So yeah, the next in line is Selbbub. Could match a Canthan expansion well enough, as the "secret villain", so we don't now it's him until the end.

@Cyrin.1035 said:

This one looks great.

Not sure if attacking that ship, or making out with it.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Jormag

I know this old, but lets be honest, does it really matter which dragon is next or last? Here is why, given that we learned about the dragons sharing the powers of a downed elder dragon leads me to this idea...

The elder dragons are just avatars of the TRUE source of all magic in the GW2 realm. That like Lazarus, what we are seeing are specialized fragments in order to spread the absorption of magic quicker and better (like the mouth of Zhaitan and Mordremoth). And maybe the ley line anomalies, bloodstone mad Mursaat, loose magic, and maybe even the Eternal Alchemy, are all tied to this TRUE source and because the various life forms of Tyria are leeches and parasites that is actually draining this TRUE source and so it does not get to weak or is killed, it has to survive by ridding itself the the leeches and parasites? That the elder dragons are actually antibodies that are curing and healing the TRUE source?

• Kururu.8140Kururu.8140 Member ✭✭✭

Bubbles! Anet seem to hate the underwater content but maybe they secretly like it and it'll be in part of a next expansion? I hope so. The underwater combat needs a little bit of work but I'm sure they'll be able to do it. If they do I'd hope to have a mount underwater with a shark skin. There's nothing I'd want more than to ride a shark into the deepest part of the ocean and fight a dragon.

• reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    There is still a gigantic beast waiting patiently for us in Drakkar Lake. And my guess he/she is not there without a reason. I would love to see this baby wake up some day:

That is\was supposedly one of Jormag's champions

• The Deep Sea Dragon (Bubbles, Steve)

Bubbles, because the deep sea is so fascinating. An underwater expansion would be awesome (provided they updated the combat) and could provide players with ocean mounts/transformation mounts.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

None of the above?

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

Felt we saw a lot associated with Primordus in Eye of the North and then again for the plot where Primordus and Jormag got put back asleep with the whole Balthazar and the Omadd machine; so that leaves me primed for DSD! :)

Vàsher (Grd), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Mistress Glaive (War), Hasla the Huntress (Rng), Seaguard Hala (Mes)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS) | Winter's Talon Reborn (WT) | The Seaguard (SG)
    Seafarer's Rest (SFR) since launch!

• InvaGir.9158InvaGir.9158 Member ✭✭✭

I can only imagine a new expansion to fight the underwater dragon with improved underwater combat and better elite specs that will improve our gameplay experience as well(With hope it will not be for underwater combat only but also for regular).

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I’d prefer that they just wrap up the entire dragon thing and move onto something else. I’m already bored of spending 5.5 years on them.

edited May 2, 2018

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I’d prefer that they just wrap up the entire dragon thing and move onto something else. I’m already bored of spending 5.5 years on them.

What would you like to explore? What are you interested in from the GW lore?

So far we've had that absolutely riveting story of Balthazar and his childish resentment towards the other gods, the captivating soap opera with Caudecus, and the completely original dictator plot with Joko...

Personally, I find stories about world-altering, magic-absorbing dragons and the races unifying in order to discover ways in handling the dragon threat more interesting. I can't imagine GW 2 or beyond keeping much interest overall with the two-dimensional, predictable caricatures for villains they have had so far.

Wouldn't you like to learn the mystery of the Deep Sea Dragon, the largos, the truth of the Eternal Alchemy, Aurene's future, and Cantha's current state?

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Dragons make boring enemies,

As opposed to?

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

spoiler alert:

didn't taimi or whoever said we can't kill dragons anymore?

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Samnang.1879 said:
    spoiler alert:

Yeah but my main character is a braindead norn warrior who likes to kill things without thinking to the consequences so...shrug. u.u

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭

It literally HAS to be the Deep Sea Dragon since we'll more than likely kill/fail to protect Kralkatorik and replace him with Aurene. Primordus and Jormag are also severely weakened after what happened with Balthazar and Taimi's machine.

@Samnang.1879 said:
    spoiler alert:

Taimi also doesn't have a solution for handling them. Until then, it's our duty to bring 'em down. Or at the very least bring them to submission.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭

Might end up being about succeeding where the forgotten failed and purifying them. I don't really see us fighting Jormag or Primordus soon though and we've been due for a look at Cantha and the DSD for awhile now.

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

My theory:
    Kraalkatorik is the last proper dragon antagonist we deal with in GW2, in the next expansion. Having absorbed "war" energy, he craves conflict with the other dragons. He already has a lot of Primordus' power (that Balthazar drained). He kills Jormag at the end of LS4 and absorbs ice spectrum, and then heads to the ocean in hopes of taking out DSD (who is near Cantha) and completing the power set. He uses a combination of ice and crystal magic to brand the ocean itself, creating something like a branded version of the Jade Sea, more or less where the Jade Sea had existed before (what are the odds?).

In that expansion, we realize that Glint's weapon is a more powerful Forgotten version of Omadd's machine, that Kraalkatorik has it, and that he is going to use it to become a Prismatic Dragon. Instead, by the end of the expansion, Aurene is the new Prismatic Dragon and Kraalkatorik and DSD are both dead. Primordus remains sleeping as something they can bring out in GW3 to evoke GW2 nostalgia.

If we have further expansions, aside from wrapping up loose ends, we will up either cleaning up the mess left when the gods left, or else dealing with issues that spilled over from wherever they went.

• Mazed.2645Mazed.2645 Member
    Jormag

Well, I'm a new player, started with a Norn character, and already I want to beat up Jormag, so let's do that.

Unless...

@akenoyuki.8210 said:
    Underwater for the win!
    I want to feel the terror of fighting boss in dark, dark underwater where you don't know what's behind, above, and below you.
    I want a full underwater map with 0% land

Guild Wars 2 : Jewel of the Sea!

...the sea dragon expansion is exactly this. Water only. No land. Hit me hard in the thalassophobia, so hard it feels good.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭

@Cyrin.1035 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

As opposed to?

Any other enemy that is not 2000 feet tall?

edited May 9, 2018

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Cyrin.1035 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

As opposed to?

Any other enemy that is not 2000 feet tall?

You find them boring because they are massive dragons? That’s what GW 2 was based around. The threat of MASSIVE dragons. I find them incredibly interesting as forces of nature and a major threat to Tyria as opposed to a clown who was already locked away - a whining, failed excuse for a human “god” - and an annoying minister and his endless snooze-fest of a plot. But to each their own.

With the recent underwater update I hope it's just the first of many and that we will see a underwater focused expansion in the future!

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018
    Jormag

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    I think Primordus should be the ‘last’ we deal with. His nature is pure Ragnarok, and his name emphasizes Primordial.
    Obviously he’s the first and last thing to exist

My theory for bubbles is that they’re a horror dragon.
    A black pungent cloud of tentacles and eyes, from deep where the sun dont shine. And he creates horrors that puts cthullu to shame.
    Anyone who sees him goes mad with terror.

I feel the opposite, that the DSD is the one who should be last. Primordus and Jormag being made each others' weaknesses means that, once they come back (if they do), they'll likely be dealt with simultaneously unless we forgo killing Primordus for the sake of using Braham's bow to kill Jormag (if it can).

The Deep Sea Dragon's nature is fully unknown, but they do seem to be going the realm of horror for it. And not just horror, but ultimately powerful. It has the largest known minions (see Infinity Coil Zone Blue dialogue between Inquest, they had captured a minion of the DSD, which seems unlikely to be a dragon champion, but it is far too big for any of their containment cells), and is suggested to be one of the strongest Elder Dragons even before the others got a power boost from the dead dragons (it pushed out the krait from their homeland, who are put on par to the charr during Eye of the North; this would be the same as Kralkatorrik forcing the charr out of Ascalon, do you really see this happening?). They have actively retconned their own lore in order to make it more mysterious (originally we were to see his minions across Tyria in all the rivers and lakes per The Movement of the World, which is something only Mordremoth was able to contend with further suggesting it being among the strongest of the six), and even after all this time the only thing we know about it is "it's somewhere in the ocean fighting Largos".

Not only that but it's been awake for longer than Jormag, and had access to the krait obelisks that were put on par to the Bloodstones. The destruction of one Bloodstone would have been enough to wipe out half of Central Tyria, and with 150-200 (more likely 200) years to eat all that magic and move on (as we know it has), that gives it plenty of time to eat more magic than any other Elder Dragon, even Primordus with his access to six "Rata Sums" (the six underground asuran citadel cities that got abandoned when Primordus forced the asura to the surface).

All of this spells to me that the DSD has been getting set up to be "the biggest, baddest dragon" from the get go. And a Cthulhu-like end-boss is more fitting, IMO, than a Ragnarok-like end-boss for GW2.

So I say Jormag is best for next, since we have his weakness in hand (Braham's bow / scroll).

@Sir Alric.5078 said:

@Cyrin.1035 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    There is still a gigantic beast waiting patiently for us in Drakkar Lake. And my guess he/she is not there without a reason. I would love to see this baby wake up some day:

What in Six Gods IS that?! :o

I'm not a GW1 expert, but isn't that supposed to be Drakkar, one of Jormag champions?

Drakkar is the community nickname for it (the Anet given nickname was "Drakkar Beast"); its actual name remains unknown. Hopefully it wasn't Frostfang.

@starhunter.6015 said:
    Non of above. We can't kill the dragons any more or Tyria goes poof. So lets focus on something new and dangerous. Hell we still have never stopped the aether blades yet.

We can, we just first need to figure out how to replace them.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:
    Jorlag and Primordus are both off the table since we put them to sleep.

They can wake up at literally any moment though, given they have thousands of minions to gather magic for them. They're only off the table as long as Anet wants, and that's likely just long enough to deal with Joko (Season 4) and Kralkatorrik (either Season 4 or Expansion 3, later more likely IMO), and likely another non-Elder Dragon threat to keep the story fresh (my current theory is we'll deal with Joko, then fight Kralkatorrik while we're still in Elona; then - based on map texture changes, the Claw of the Khan-Ur's addition, and the Olmakhan focus - have to deal with Blood Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer and a charr civil war, followed by Jormag or some other non-Dragon threat).

All these squares make a circle.

edited July 12, 2018

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    I feel the opposite, that the DSD is the one who should be last. Primordus and Jormag being made each others' weaknesses means that, once they come back (if they do), they'll likely be dealt with simultaneously unless we forgo killing Primordus for the sake of using Braham's bow to kill Jormag (if it can).

All of this spells to me that the DSD has been getting set up to be "the biggest, baddest dragon" from the get go. And a Cthulhu-like end-boss is more fitting, IMO, than a Ragnarok-like end-boss for GW2.

If they go beyond 3 expansions that could work, but to have Cantha, the deep sea, and Bubbles all in one expansion and as the next expansion, it just feels more complete to me.

There is something about that pattern that seems to fit with everything. You know how The LOTR and Hobbit movie series' have that Green/Red/Blue theme for each installment? That's similar to how I imagine the expansion trilogy of GW 2 so far. With HoT being the green one. PoF being the red one. And the UW expansion being the blue one. It also makes sense to finish off this human-central story with Cantha, and then go onto other areas of Tyria.

Cantha is the most logical and beneficial place to go to for the next expansion and everything about Bubbles and the ocean areas can connect to Cantha. It's the perfect time to explore all of that and round out a GW 2 trilogy.

Then I would have LW 5 and any possible further expansions or even a GW 3 deal with Primordus and Jormag. A Fire and Ice trilogy mixed with new lands, races, and a time period in the near-future.

• They are likely not going to do another Dragon. it is clearly explained that killing another dragon will end the world. the story hint of trying to control the dragon instead of killing them which honestly would be quite boring if you do the 1 dragon 1 expansion routine again. let say if we succeed in taming the dragon in the next expansion, the only logic path is to devise a new threat. maybe the gods will return now that they see a way to control the dragon instead of killing it, maybe they will seek to recover the power of balthazar. there is speculation that another god was secretly helping balthazar. maybe it is true, maybe it was all a setup.

I kind of hope Bubbles is an Asian-style dragon. Potentially in theme with Cantha.

• rylien.3824rylien.3824 Member ✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

I do not know if Primordius & Jormag will continue to sleep, but in any case, I think that for the moment it is the case, and that it is closed. Our biggest threat remains in Steve, who is the most secretive dragon of all, there is a reason for that too ... no? Would he be more devious than the others? After all we do not even know his powers, except the tentacles.

@cyanweapon.7290 said:
    I kind of hope Bubbles is an Asian-style dragon. Potentially in theme with Cantha.

A mixture of leviathan and Asian dragon.

richard-wright-mtg-leviathan.jpg

1*IVWk9pmM00xBk--R4jcwMg.jpeg

e800b3a6941ad59b3c4d9bf6ef8904932154c710.png

4e7187ac5389aa9b1e31163ab4feceb2-d4y1aii.jpg

1416295-guild-wars-2.jpg

latest

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't care for fighting dragons. theyre too one dimensional. I would rather they have an indirect role.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

What i really want is another Dragon vs Dragon. Not this Jormag magic vs Primordus magic. I really wish LS4 storyline will turn into events of Steve awakening and further go into Steve-Kralkatorrik conflict (new Addon?). So, Dragon's Watch will have to, somehow, subdue both of them, since they are important to World's magic balance. Fullscale Dragon vs Dragon conflict was never seen before.

P.s. as for Dragon vs Dragon conflict. Remember that after Zhaitan's and Mordremoth's deaths other Elder Dragons absorb their abilities. Hive mind can be very good reason to escalate Dragon vs Dragon fight.

• Ashabhi.1365Ashabhi.1365 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

I would absolutely LOVE to see Bubbles....
    But, alas, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be Aurene... After all, she did consume the corruption from Palawa Joko. How many times have humans tried to harness the power of something and then discover they have no control at all?

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Deep Sea Dragon, poor thing is so underrated... :(

• Alchimist.4738Alchimist.4738 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

The Deep Sea Dragon because I think it's a great dragon to explore more the sunken city aesthetic that they've touched with Orr, but go even further beyond, into an almost Lovecraftian territory.

It'd be the occasion to explore interesting races like the Kraits and the Largos, but also the Margonites (Abaddon's followers) as they used to rule this part of the world (the Unending Ocean), and I'd love to visit the ruins of their civilization.

And obviously the deepest part of the ocean is a fascinating subject, but can also be quite terrifying, which is something I'd love to see in Guild Wars 2.

• Zhaneel.9208Zhaneel.9208 Member ✭✭

I would be happy with Primordus given the direction the story has gone and his connection to Eye of the North. But Bubbles would bring us that much closer to Cantha so he gets my vote!

I really want to see what they would do with the water dragon in terms of what kind of content they could possibly add with it.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

After exploring Cantha in Guild Wars 1 for the first time this weekend I can definitely say I'd love something that led us there. The echovald forest with a Guild Wars 2 makeover would be amazing.

I always kind of imagined the end boss of the Solid Ocean fractal as being a minion of champion of the deep sea dragon.

I feel like Kralk's movement in his latest flight and brand extension is for a reason. I think somebody mentioned it was a potential bloodstone location and he's just following the trail of magic, but what consuming Balthazar's magic has affected his aggression towards the other elder dragons? Perhaps his quick flight west towards the ocean is in fact to take the magic of the deep sea dragon? We could also possibly have another replacement elder dragon in Cantha.

I don't think that an expansion focused on the deep sea dragon has to be underwater focused or have solely underwater combat. There could be entire largos cities underwater that could be "bubbled" to make it fitting for regular combat. Though I think if this did happen it would be only a couple maps and again, focused in Cantha as the main expansion region. I know everyone wants underwater combat completely revamped, but is it really worth the investment? How much do you need it in core maps? It would fit in terms of what we've gotten with mounts and gliding and its use being implemented in older zones, but I think as much as people say they want a revamp it would just get old to them really quickly. Too quickly to warrant that kind of production. Pulling the focus to the mainland would be better.

I also feel like the Corsairs, even though they had a large part in Nightfall, will continue playing a significant role moving forward. Having them show up just to help with Joko and then have no way of being overly useful towards Kralkatorik and vanish would be a bit strange.

All this being said, given the extremely large portion of the map that was added to the east of Ascalon does leave me inclined to believe that it could be our next destination. I'm just not sure what the overall plot would be for that kind of expansion, given that Charr civil war doesn't seem like something we would want to spend an expansion on or be a strong enough plot outside of sharing the spotlight with Kralk if he's still a danger at that point. The best part of this would be that it would introduce never seen areas, potentially entirely new races/creatures/cultures. (Or just some of the ones from Guild Wars 1 that have seemingly vanished, like the mantid creatures or even Saurians though they were on the tarnished coast.)

Anyway, I think the ideal next expansion for me would be Deep Sea Dragon, Cantha, Tengu as playable race, and new elite specs and weapon types:
    Mesmer - Bard
    Elementalist - Dervish/Djinn based spec
    Necromancer - Lich/new vampiric themed power melee/assassin spec
    Guardian - Spiritualist
    Revenant - Dervish/power based legend. Perhaps Balthazar?

Thief - monk (though they seem to be very caster-oriented in guild wars which I wasn't expecting)

Warrior - no idea. We've had zerker which was condi and spellbreaker which is seemingly just boon-hate pvp spec.

Engineer - golemancer type spec? Holo was kind of random, as was a lot of the others so who knows.

Another possibility and as much as I hate the idea of Arenanet going all Warlords of Draenor on us, is that the comments Gorrik made about the rift in Gandara and time-space continums could be eluding to something much more. Something more than a potential villain coming out of the rift, but us going into the rift to an earlier time. Perhaps during one of the previous dragon rises, or a time before the gods fought Abaddon. Perhaps it would be tied in with finding a way to combat our elder dragon problem or even something exploring Joko's past. As much possibility as this has in terms of what they could do, the only real reason I think I would ever want something like this is just to see Pre-cataclysm Orr. lol And more focus on the gods.

• RAZOR.7246RAZOR.7246 Member ✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

I'd rather we contend with all of them at the same time rather than facing them 1 at a time. It would make the threat feel a lot more immediate and would give that sense of resources being spread way too thin. The pact has supposedly been depleted yet we still don't get that sense of fighting on our last legs like any good war story should have. There are 4 dragons left but up till now they have not seemed like that much of a threat. If the reason we can't kill them is because of the amount of magic they hold then the logical direction to go in is to have this epic 5-way winner takes all battle with the Commander and Aurene where the winner takes all the magic released by the dragons. The story seems to go in that direction at 1 point where the plan was to set dragon minions against one another. It's in the lore that the dragons hate each other anyway. It's about time the Commander got some real glory for doing everything solo and this is the best way to show how powerful they really are. This could set up future games or expansion where the protagonists would turn into the main antagonists having absorbed that much magic energy and adopted the aggressive personalities of the dragons. The commander is perceived as a cold-blooded genocidal maniac anyway. This would tie in nicely with that. One thing I enjoyed about core story was how you could take different paths but still get to the same end. This could branch out into a good or evil path, both with high casualties, which the Commander can opt to take instead of always being the goody two shoes who's trying to save tyria.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jormag

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    I think Primordus should be the ‘last’ we deal with. His nature is pure Ragnarok, and his name emphasizes Primordial.

A black pungent cloud of tentacles and eyes, from deep where the sun dont shine. And he creates horrors that puts cthullu to shame.

Wasn't it confirmed that bubbles corruption took the shape of tentacle horrors or something (pretty sure its on the wiki page) but i doubt he'll be that scary given gw2's T rating

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018
    Primordus

@derd.6413 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Wasn't it confirmed that bubbles corruption took the shape of tentacle horrors or something (pretty sure its on the wiki page) but i doubt he'll be that scary given gw2's T rating

Not confirmed, but there was thing with the sailors who saw “tentacly shadows at sea” which is about the best we get.
    Since its even sailor banter anet can completely forget about it and make bubbles the elder dragon of daisies and candycorn... (which is a real fear of mine given how cutesy the game had become zhaitan died)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

An underwater expansion would be truly awesome. I'd be up for that in a hot second

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jormag

A norn civil war.

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Carighan.6758Carighan.6758 Member ✭✭✭✭

I sincerely want an underwater expansion full of water-only zones. I :heart: the way GW2 does underwater, by far the best implementation of any MMORPG I've played. So I'd be stoked for exploring that as a big deal. Plus the massively reduced design space of underwater weapons and skills could seriously help the balancing effort.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.