No Core Swap? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

No Core Swap?

Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭

Correct me if im wrong, but werent we supposed to have core swap on reset?

Resident sleeper of Desolation & Blackgate
Formerly of IRON HB AH now RPing stronk with FROG
Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Lala.8752Lala.8752 Member ✭✭✭

they forget it :/

sooooon :)

• Might start at noon ANet time, in 30 minutes.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Ayalet.4970Ayalet.4970 Member ✭✭

"Comming Soon" .... not?

☆ Fear, not this night. You will not go astray. Though Shadows fall still the stars find their way. ☆

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

No rush. But is it going to require a new build again?

• Too focused on alliances... that must be it ^-^

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bottle rocket wars went horribly wrong!

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    Bottle rocket wars went horribly wrong!

Leave Soulbeasts out of this..

Thank You for the {MEME}

• So what's up? Another snowstorm or what?

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

MAN! Core swaps is awesome, so glad they thought of this :)
    So fun lol

• Marcel.1857Marcel.1857 Member ✭✭

Seems like they forgot the wvw players. Feels bad man. But PvE content is never forgotten :angry:
    I hope they at least add the time they overslept.

edited July 5, 2019

Well why not add it like always with the wvw reset?

• Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

ok good job

edited July 5, 2019
    edited July 5, 2019

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi all, I checked in on this, and the event is scheduled to begin this evening at 6:00 PM PDT, and will end next Friday, July 12, at the same time. If you need help converting to your own time zone, you can use this tool.

Why not write that in the announcements?
    https://www.guildwars2.com/de/news/coming-soon-wvw-core-swap-special-event/

All asume it will be like always and with the reset. That would be 8pm CET.
    Since the german announcement tells the same date like the english one.
    You really faild with the translation team. In germany it will start 06.07.2019 not 05.07.

Still feels like anet overslept it and now try to use excuses.

• scureuil.4052scureuil.4052 Member ✭✭

yes, but it will not be the 5th in Europe

I can't remember, but didn't EU get previous events on time according to EU reset? How is this event somewhat different that it requires being launched according to na reset?

• Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭

Why not activate the event for eu at their reset and then for na at their respective reset
    Or is that too hard a task to figure

Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Really? REALLY!?

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Should have activated it on EU reset just like every other event so there's time for any hot fixes.
    Hopefully there isn't anything broken that will last till monday before it's fixed.... like golem week...
    Who am I kidding, I hope something is broken for the lulz that will come with it.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Adzekul.3104 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
    Hi all, I checked in on this, and the event is scheduled to begin this evening at 6:00 PM PDT, and will end next Friday, July 12, at the same time. If you need help converting to your own time zone, you can use this tool.

Thank you for the confirmation.

I find it odd that every other WvW event has always been at EU reset, and the announcement did not have the time posted (as every other WvW event normally does). Is there some kind of disorganization going on in the background? Normally the WvW events are very well organized and communicated. Not this time sadface

The odd thing is that this isn't even reset for NA, which is at 7pm PDT. My guess is hangov... I mean technical difficulties.

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    Should have activated it on EU reset just like every other event so there's time for any hot fixes.
    Hopefully there isn't anything broken that will last till monday before it's fixed.... like golem week...
    Who am I kidding, I hope something is broken for the lulz that will come with it.

I hope the skills swaps turn me super saiyan

edited July 5, 2019

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

I hope the skills swaps turn me super saiyan

Not sure but it helps to get ppl in wvw. Well i´ll see what happens.

• Xenji.4907Xenji.4907 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

I am very sure they are trying to fix the bugs that come from this new addition mechanic and they don't want to do it on EU reset because if its still buggy (which I believe it is) then people will complain. So maybe they are trying to fix some bugs and testing it this time because countless times people will complain they don't test anything before release?

@Pterikdactyl.7630 said:
    My guess is hangov... I mean technical difficulties.

LOL love this comment.... yesterday was 4th of July. xD

@Marcel.1857 said:
    Not sure but it helps to get ppl in wvw and kick servers to full state maybe. Or is anet waiting an bit to compensate this ? Well i´ll see what happens.

If it comes with the standard wxp bonuses it will help get more as well

@Ballistic.2570 said:
    I love that they are implying it's all working as intended when every other WvW event ever has started at reset... pathetic

I wont be suprised to get online tommorrow and still nothing. I so gonna set my alarmclock to get in at 6PDT and i will hope it wont be a total flop like anet used to do with wvw. #alliance_system #no_Update_Msg #Will_take_till_GW3

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:
    Not sure but it helps to get ppl in wvw and kick servers to full state maybe. Or is anet waiting an bit to compensate this ? Well i´ll see what happens.

If it comes with the standard wxp bonuses it will help get more as well

Yeah, during the evnt if there will be a wxp boost it will sure push the activity and if its gone all are completely tired farming with the bonus buff. Like last times.

• style.6173style.6173 Member ✭✭✭

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:
    I love that they are implying it's all working as intended when every other WvW event ever has started at reset... pathetic

I wont be suprised to get online tommorrow and still nothing. I so gonna set my alarmclock to get in at 6PDT and i will hope it wont be a total flop like anet used to do with wvw. #alliance_system #no_Update_Msg #Will_take_till_GW3

If this game triggers you so much, maybe time to try something new.

• @style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

lmao valid critisism is pretty far from triggered. Game is good. developers dropped tha ball on this clearly. Either thyey kitten up by not launching the event at the right time or they kitten up by not informing the playerbase this event would start at a different time to every other event leading to a fair amount of confusion among my guild about what the story is with the event. Either way it's a kitten. but you go ahead and white knight for them buddy. It takes all kinds to make a world after all.

• style.6173style.6173 Member ✭✭✭

A post is criticism. 7 posts is triggered. There is a difference.> @Ballistic.2570 said:

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

lmao valid critisism is pretty far from triggered. Game is good. developers dropped tha ball on this clearly. Either thyey kitten up by not launching the event at the right time or they kitten up by not informing the playerbase this event would start at a different time to every other event leading to a fair amount of confusion among my guild about what the story is with the event. Either way it's a kitten. but you go ahead and white knight for them buddy. It takes all kinds to make a world after all.

A post is criticism. 7 posts is triggered. There is a difference.

• This isn't "valid criticism", this is just an excessive amount of anger over something pretty minor. The event is still happening, maybe it was delayed, maybe they intended for it to start at that time, who knows. But these posts are anything but constructive.

edited July 5, 2019

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

Im just realistic, not there are any options on the market with this wvw mody, but try to understand the feeling of playing 5 years of wvw (GW2) (over 15k hours wvw) and seeing all the things. You wont be optimistic, and with a culture in terms of informing like anet do, the feeling wont get better. I mean no person woud get pissed if they just had said there are some problems and they work on it and update the alliance system update masages monthly every tiny step would be glories to see they realy work on it. I dont want it to be done in 2 months but just the information whats going on would be great and help to be more optimistic. Even the msage that they face difficultys would be better than no uptdate that gives you the feeling they closed this project.
    Well that is my opinion and reason why im pessimistic af. If you dont expect anything you wont get hurt if it´s not happening.

But i cant stand the feeling that it´s just searching for excuses.

• @AmaraRenee.3812 said:
    This isn't "valid criticism", this is just an excessive amount of anger over something pretty minor. The event is still happening, maybe it was delayed, maybe they intended for it to start at that time, who knows. But these posts are anything but constructive.

@AmaraRenee.3812 said:
    This isn't "valid criticism", this is just an excessive amount of anger over something pretty minor. The event is still happening, maybe it was delayed, maybe they intended for it to start at that time, who knows. But these posts are anything but constructive.

Ahhh I see. The problem isn't that the devs do whatever they want and pass it off as "huh? no, you misunderstood" the problem is that I'm not being constructive in my critisicm. Dear Anet: Git gud. Constructive enough?

• AmaraRenee.3812AmaraRenee.3812 Member ✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

@Ballistic.2570 said:
    Ahhh I see. The problem isn't that the devs do whatever they want and pass it off as "huh? no, you misunderstood" the problem is that I'm not being constructive in my critisicm. Dear Anet: Git gud. Constructive enough?

You seem to think you're the only one posting in the thread, but to respond specifically to you, calling ANet pathetic and using "white knights" unironically is far from constructive.

It's fair to say that they should have put the time in the initial announcement, or communicated better, but a lot of responses here are just people being overly upset.

• @AmaraRenee.3812 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

You seem to think you're the only one posting in the thread, but to respond specifically to you, calling ANet pathetic and using "white knights" unironically is far from constructive.

It's fair to say that they should have put the time in the initial announcement, or communicated better, but a lot of responses here are just people being overly upset.

So do you believe the event was planned to start at 6pm pdt? I wouldn't care if the event was delayed for some reason but I'm not gonna apologize for calling kitten on their response.

edited July 5, 2019

@style.6173 said:
    A post is criticism. 7 posts is triggered. There is a difference.> @Ballistic.2570 said:

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

Well if you call 7 post triggered. It´s up to you. Tbh if i am triggered i you just get offline and curse anet. But i´m not, so i might explain you the content of the posts.
    And if i would like to write long posts i would have easy done it all in one but like you speak its more a conversation for me.

My Post can theortically combined to
    1 i was annoyed that it seems delayed and no informatiion about it
    2 is a valid question
    3 i checked if there is rly any time mentioned that i might have forgotten
    4 i found out what happens if you Quote something, and tried to sum the stuff up
    5 pesimistic answer, and yeah will see if it is the same like the last times happened mentioned in
    Post NR. 7
    6 critism about the system change they wanna do with wvw and the policy of keeping ppl updated
    8 explaination for why i´m so completly pessimistic
    9 = this = last = sum up for you all the post
    Yeah i swifted a lot between topics, but the main announcement between all the posts is get the notification culture better, inform so ppl can see anything, and understand what is going on. And dont be feared of mistakes, all understand it if there been a mistake but back up to your mistake and call it like that and not just say anything as excuse.

• @Ballistic.2570 said:
    So do you believe the event was planned to start at 6pm pdt? I wouldn't care if the event was delayed for some reason but I'm not gonna apologize for calling kitten on their response.

I would have expected the event to start either at reset, or around patch time (10 am PST). But I'm not saying they didn't mess up, just that the attitude towards the mistake is pretty excessive, given it's a fairly minor thing.

If anything, I'm more disappointed it wasn't a core only week, which would have been much more interesting, but it's a little late to change that.

• @Marcel.1857 said:

@style.6173 said:

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

Well if you call 7 post triggered. It´s up to you. Tbh if i am triggered i you just get offline and curse anet. But i´m not, so i might explain you the content of the posts.
    And if i would like to write long posts i would have easy done it all in one but like you speak its more a conversation for me.

Post 1 to 3 can theortically combined to
    2 is a valid question
    4 i found out what happens if you Quote something, and tried to sum the stuff up
    5 pesimistic answer, and yeah will see if it is the same like the last times happened mentioned in
    Post NR. 7
    6 critism about the system change they wanna do with wvw and the policy of keeping ppl updated
    Yeah i swifted a lot between topics, but the main announcement between all the posts is get the notification culture better, inform so ppl can see anything, and understand what is going on.

Who are you, the moderator? Is there some new rules about how many times you can post now? once per thread max?? Also, I don't find your critisism one bit constructive tut tut tut shame on you

edited July 5, 2019

@Ballistic.2570 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@style.6173 said:

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

2 is a valid question
    Post NR. 7
    Yeah i swifted a lot between topics, but the main announcement between all the posts is get the notification culture better, inform so ppl can see anything, and understand what is going on.

Who are you, the moderator? Is there some new rules about how many times you can post now? once per thread max?? Also, I don't find your critisism one bit constructive tut tut tut shame on you

Speaking of my posts since you cant delet it so i sumed it up. But yeah you are right i just called it post 1 2 3 4... with out to say i refere to my posts. My bad on this. i fixed that.

• @Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@style.6173 said:

@style.6173 said:

@Marcel.1857 said:

@Ballistic.2570 said:

2 is a valid question
    Post NR. 7

Speaking of my posts since you cant delet it so i sumed it up. But yeah you are right i just called it post 1 2 3 4... with out to say i refere to my posts. My bad on this.

oh in that case, great job :) I assumed it was some idiot trolling lul

• @Senji.2048 said:
    Allow me another unconstructive comment. Why comming up with nonsense like this, instead of trying to fix serious problems like lag and make the core of the wvw more enjoyable?

is there a way I can upvote this like 1 million times?

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

I guess you'll find out if they messed up if the event ends next reset they did if you get a carry over 7h or whatever into next week they didn't. As long as you get the full 7 day bonus it doesn't matter.

• Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

I guess atleast NA get to be the test subjects for the event this time round
    EU no longer the guinea pigs

• Kilamanjaro.2705Kilamanjaro.2705 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

NOOOOO Keep the gimmicks away.
    I'd live the buff without the added griefing, and the (guessing) multiple updates to address total over the top exploits and cheese

• anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

Calm down EU. There's still 6+ days to enjoy the event. Or not enjoy it, if it's terrible. At least we get SOMETHING. We're not exactly used to that, take your scraps and be grateful.

• Leaa.2943Leaa.2943 Member ✭✭

Imagine a real WvW event actaully is adjusted to both EU and NA as it have in the past. EU get their update at our weekly reset of WvW and NA get the update at their weekly reset of WvW.

I mean you don't drop PvE updates in the middle of the night for EU so that only NA are able to play around with it. I realize it is a bit to late to say that now, but for next release please go back to what you done in the past and give EU on their primetime and NA on their primetime. This way you create a happy feeling.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2019

They´re going to remove language restrictions in NA O.o
    Sorry 4 OT :(

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.