Sword rework when anet?

frareanselm.1925

In all condi berserker rotations the sword is just ignored because how mediocre it is, nobody uses, just only equip them to have the signet bonus.

It's just longbow and torch, sword skills are a waste.

And the offhand sword it doesnt even exist.

This is the main cause why the condi berserkers doesnt achieve the DPS of condi thief, renegade, weaver, firebrand...

Just because devs have forgotten sword, or even hammer in guardian and warrior, some core weapons are outdated if we want to be competitive with the new e-specs and incoming Pve challenges.

Edited by frareanselm.1925
  • Like 3

I doubt this will ever happen.

And remember that the last resemblance of a rework that Arenanet gave to Warrior, which was putting the ammunition system on Rifle,

made the weapon worse. There is no guarantee that a potential swords rework actually makes the weapons better.

That aside, I actually like using the right hand sword skills on my Viper Berserker build.

In my opinion, bigger numbers and/or more conditions is all it needs.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

To be fair the rifle rework only failed because they halved it's already pitiful damage when the gave it ammo charges.

That's what I don't get. What's the point of something like this? Anet changes things without explaining themselves. I like playing rifle as well because its a fun weapon. I hate that Anet arbitrarily changes warrior to fit an ideal that only they know (if they even know).

• Like 2

Id love the animations reworked on Sword, they are the most janky jarring skills ive seen (almost on par with Maces's grandad-a-fier animation on the 3rd strike). The wind up and after cast ruins the flow for a lot of the swords abilities.

As for what the weapon is, Id love to see a rework of the arms traits, allowing the player to make sword a full condi, full power or hybrid weapon (changing the stats and condi's attached to the skills), yes the downside is this will take up 3 trait slots, but will give the player more control what their weapons actually do.

Offhand sword to me still does not feel reliable, why on earth does a beam type weapon stop your block but projectile doesnt?

Sword 4 really should be made into a reverse tether pulling you to the target on the second press and striking when in range, I'm also not a fan of this whole throw your sword and waddle up to the target to rip it back out for power damage despite the first part being condi, the weapon feels like it has a stack of confusion on itself.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

When they changed OH sword “recently”, they said would they keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t become too overbearing.

That means they look at OH sword skills, and thought it looked potentially OP. My hope died that day.

I think Anet doesn't mind Warrior being a little underpowered as long as the class isn't overpowered. You hate to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

When they changed OH sword “recently”, they said would they keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t become too overbearing.

That means they look at OH sword skills, and thought it looked potentially OP. My hope died that day.

I laughed out loud when I read that patch. How much more often do you see OH sword and OH mace after that patch? Hardly ever. Our OH weapons need more than a couple of might stacks in order to be 'reworked' or even have a proper QOL adjustment.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I laughed out loud when I read that patch. How much more often do you see OH sword and OH mace after that patch? Hardly ever. Our OH weapons need more than a couple of might stacks in order to be 'reworked' or even have a proper QOL adjustment.

Projectile knockdown on Tremor goes brrrr

They have seen that Tremor is being used extensively in WvW zergs and how it incapacitates entire zergs, so they won't to avoid any changes like say, making it a cone 600 radius AoE 

55 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Projectile knockdown on Tremor goes brrrr

They have seen that Tremor is being used extensively in WvW zergs and how it incapacitates entire zergs, so they won't to avoid any changes like say, making it a cone 600 radius AoE 

Entire Zergs in 2012 maybe, now it knocksdown 5 people from your OWN zerg lol.

I think mace offhand is actually even worse than sword. At least sword 5 is a relatively low cooldown projectile block. Mace 5 is yeah, a utter joke. Mace 4 is just like having another autoattack, brings nothing to the table. Mace 5 could probably carry offhand mace alone if it became a big booty cone attack and also non projectile like Marshal said.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Oh man, I used to love running double mace core tactics before the patch. It was surprisingly effective. Then they made mace a noodle, and now it doesn’t do anything 😞

On 8/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, oscuro.9720 said:

Oh man, I used to love running double mace core tactics before the patch. It was surprisingly effective. Then they made mace a noodle, and now it doesn’t do anything 😞

it killed gimmicky,but fun builds like mace/hamm completely. The 0 dmg on cc change should have been based Skill by skill and spec by spec,not making it 0 for everything and everyone,its one of the dumbest changes theyve done so far.

• Like 3

I'd love to see it to be honest.

A lot of the lesser-used weapons really need QoL/buffs, and S/S War is probably one of the highest priority kits for some major overhauls next to D/D thief, but unlike D/D thief, all 5 skills feel like they need changing instead of just one or two.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361