The trading post seems to be timing out at the moment and giving a lot of errors [Merged]

This is a big bad bug. I totally cannot sell anything at all. It's ERROR all the way. Please fix this asap. I was told that this happens at the end of the beta testing? Maybe ANet is trying to block those beta players from selling their stuff and did a good job by blocking many others as well. I did not touch beta testing at all.

• Thanks 1

Sadly another typical TP failure.

Also the error its reporting is clearly not the case: I have two accounts open on two PCs using two different ISPs, so internet routing is not involved.

One account logged in and was able to sell one item, then after a long delay selling a second item got the "Can't connect to login server" .. which was absurd since during that time of waiting my other account logged in just fine, presumably using the same 'login server'.

In fact over a 10 minute period I have zero problems actually logging in and 10+ failures to sell something due to the login server failing to respond.

LOL: the error message "this is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings" .. please change this to "this is most commonly caused by AreanNet's core network", since that has been the case for umpteen weeksnow.

Edited by Kraggy.4169
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, zaw.6741 said:

if you host 24/7 service, you should have some 1st line support. also its 2021, dont tell me someone from ops team cant fix it remotely in 5 minutes

Come on, it's not only sunday, it's sunday 4.15am 😉 and even if anoying, games aren't really critical 😉

2 minutes ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

I can't agree... There are lots of players on EU servers. These players shouldn't have to wait for US time.

How much abo are you willing to pay for a 24/7 support?

Edited by Dayra.7405

7 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Come on, it's not only sunday, it's sunday 4.15am 😉 and even if anoying, games aren't really critical 😉

How much abo are you willing to pay for a 24/7 support?

im not talking about team sitting 24/7 in studio; im talking about setting proper monitoring and someone getting slack or w/e notificatiosn if something breaks to fix it from home. or at least hop on forum and say its bigger issue and will take a moment.

im part of devops team in software house, and if we're responsible for some 24/7 hour service, i cant imagine telling our clients 'kitten off, its weekend, im back to sleep'. you wake up midnight saturday and fix stuff. or you're not cut for ops job. ops job is to make sure stuff works. you can slack around most days, but if things break, you fix it no matter the time.

Edited by zaw.6741
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

If the games are not *that* critical then why are you here? 😄(joking - everyone has one's own reasons).

Anyhow, while these kind of issues are to be expected, I think it would be high time for ANet to work on their error descriptions and maybe on some alert system that could notify support of (critical) issues.

I mean I assume the problem isn't being worked on, but why? Someone(s) could be working on or have sent messages to the people that can work on the issue; it's a process sometimes. Assuming it's a "5 minute" problem to fix doesn't make it so.

Edited by Jwake.7013