Virtuoso Does NOT need UNBLOCKABLE Shatters

Monkey See.1498

Virtuoso is revolutionary in that for the first time in this entire game's history we have a mesmer spec that is exactly where it needs to be in PvP;  Not over powered.  Not Under powered.  What you put into it skill wise is what you get out of it skill wise.  Hopefully, the devs taking feedback look at Virtuoso and use it as a basis on how to change Mirage, Chronomancer, and Core instead of trying to change Virtuoso.  Because right out the gate Virtuoso is exactly what all classes should be and is finally a mesmer build that is merely on equal footing to what other classes can do. 

Edit for the specialization update:

• Psychic Riposte: Blades stocked on activation increased from 1 to 3. Internal cooldown increased from 1s to 3s. No longer fires a damaging attack when triggered, instead causes your next Bladesong to be unblockable.
  • Thousand Cuts: Recharge reduced from 75s to 60s in PvE only. This skill is now unblockable. Can now be aimed in any direction while moving. This skill is now cast instantly. Number of hits increased from 6 over 3s to 10 over 5s. Damage coefficient per hit reduced from 2 to 0.5 in PvE, and from 1 to 0.5 in PvP and WvW.

This is one of the absolute poorest changes they've ever made.  Virtuoso was already in fantastic shape during the beta. It wasn't overpowered, it wasn't weak.  It performed well.  There's no reason for Virtuoso to get unblockable. We don't need 15k unblockable shatters being thrown around or unblockable confusion being thrown around.  This is absurd. 

Edited by Monkey See.1498
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Monkey See.1498 said:

Virtuoso is revolutionary in that for the first time in this entire game's history we have a mesmer spec that is exactly where it needs to be in PvP;  Not over powered.  Not Under powered.  What you put into it skill wise is what you get out of it skill wise.  Hopefully, the devs taking feedback look at Virtuoso and use it as a basis on how to change Mirage, Chronomancer, and Core instead of trying to change Virtuoso.  Because right out the gate Virtuoso is exactly what all classes should be and is finally a mesmer build that is merely on equal footing to what other classes can do. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It is openly known that PoF elites were broken OP ....every single one of them. If GW2 wants to remain relevant comes next year...then they're wise in not recreating the same catastrophic scenario of PoF......people are tired of the aoe/cc/boon/condi spam that PoF brought.

Elites were not supposed to be core professions 2.0

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It is openly known that PoF elites were broken OP ....every single one of them. If GW2 wants to remain relevant comes next year...then they're wise in not recreating the same catastrophic scenario of PoF......people are tired of the aoe/cc/boon/condi spam that PoF brought.

Elites were not supposed to be core professions 2.0

they were not supposed to be core profession -1.0 either.
making kitten elite is equally bad to making OP elite

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Omfg, the shatters literally have no illusionary persona, have cast times, and even require LoS. Yeah, virtuoso is pretty trash. Your F3 can't be used reactively to interrupt anymore and f4 is actually worthless. But sure, it's perfectly fine. Everything else just needs nerfs, right?

Only thing on virtuoso I liked was sword #3. 

Edit: Both virtuoso and willbender need buffs.

Edited by Garret.1965
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Garret.1965 said:

Omfg, the shatters literally have no illusionary persona, have cast times, and even require LoS. Yeah, virtuoso is pretty trash. Your F3 can't be used reactively to interrupt anymore and f4 is actually worthless. But sure, it's perfectly fine. Everything else just needs nerfs, right?

Only thing on virtuoso I liked was sword #3. 

Also f3 literally doesnt track at all, as in, if they are walking to the side it just misses

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Monkey See.1498 said:

Now I want you, as soon as spec is released, to go duel a thief 100 times, if you win just once against any daredevil I'mma pay you 100 gold on the spot Idgaf. If you can't, you pay 10 silvers to me, and I'm betting because I KNOW I'll win those 10 silvers.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, Monkey See.1498 said:

Like who?  Proven match manipulators like Shorts who are kitten about having played a fair class for once? 

There's Helseth too. And I say the same, plat 2 mesmer main. And pretty much every other mesmer I've talked to.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2