Ambushed by Joko Bounties... WHY????

So i am farming the achievements for my bounty stuff, and well i keep getting ambushed by joko instead of the target i need, my question is why do we have this gimmick this isnt fun, its a time waste, everytime i get this i have to go back to the bounty board wait 15 more minutes and redo it hoping i dont get ambushed again, im trying to do lady shamshir, and i got ambushed twice in a row now, whats the point of this, is it suposed to be engaging is it suposed to bring more challenge, what by having a god danm random chance to get the target i need... this is world of warcraft nonsense levels of making no sense, we dont need these ambushes kitten ;_;...

• Like 6

Gonna jump in here before someone else says this:  have you considered going with a couple of others?  

Based on the language you are using it sounds like you are doing it solo.

not that it can’t be done solo, but most Bounties can be easier with a couple of others.

Bounties weren’t likely intended to be solo content.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

Are people confused by the OP? In sandswept isles anet implemented a stupid feature where instead of spawning your bounty, it has a chance to give a random event to kill adds instead. This happens regardless of the number of people in your group. I guess it was a measure to draw out the content more  but it was annoying and frustrating then, and is still annoying and frustrating now. Luckily they got rid of this 'feature' for the rest of s4. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It was okay when it was just random achievements but even then it wasn't fun. But now, when they're making you do X number of bounties in a row, it's needless annoyance. No one wants to waste their time that way.

Honestly I don't really find bounties fun to begin with, I'd almost always rather do an event than a bounty.  But if you're going to make bounties a requirement, the Joko Ambush mechanic is simply annoying.

• Like 7

ANet did this, trying to tie in bounties with the most recent story. I think this will continue in Kourn iirc.

It frustratedd many players back then, it is frustrating now, ANet has never done anything like it since. Lessons learned I guess. Not learned enough to fix or change it mind you, just enough to hopefully never do that again in the future.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Are people confused by the OP? In sandswept isles anet implemented a stupid feature where instead of spawning your bounty, it has a chance to give a random event to kill adds instead. This happens regardless of the number of people in your group. I guess it was a measure to draw out the content more  but it was annoying and frustrating then, and is still annoying and frustrating now. Luckily they got rid of this 'feature' for the rest of s4. 

Ahh thank you for clarifying, I have been fortunate not to have this happen.  That would be extremely frustrating and frankly a poor choice to implement and a time waster.   Sounds like some sort of developer practical joke...as usual only funny to the person setting it up.  

13 hours ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Serious question. Is this new? 

I have done countless bounties on this map but I have never seen one or heard about it in game. 

6 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Serious question. Is this new? 

I have done countless bounties on this map but I have never seen one or heard about it in game. 

It's actually not new at all, it's been a thing since the map first came out, but now that you mention it, I felt like it actually disappeared as the map died down. I'm thinking that the ambush is kind of a function that becomes more common as activity grows on that map somehow, like maybe if the bounties are being killed in quick succession, the chance of an ambush increases. Pure speculation but it could explain why you never seen this happen if you played any time when this map was not just released/"re-released."

23 minutes ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

It's actually not new at all, it's been a thing since the map first came out, but now that you mention it, I felt like it actually disappeared as the map died down. I'm thinking that the ambush is kind of a function that becomes more common as activity grows on that map somehow, like maybe if the bounties are being killed in quick succession, the chance of an ambush increases. Pure speculation but it could explain why you never seen this happen if you played any time when this map was not just released/"re-released."

I did my bounties day 1 and we killed be bounties faster then they could respawn. 

We were running around with 40+people and the map had so many people that even standing alone had skill lags. 

Bounty trains were going on all day. 

Nobody complained about a joko ambush, like ever. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

45 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I did my bounties day 1 and we killed be bounties faster then they could respawn. 

We were running around with 40+people and the map had so many people that even standing alone had skill lags. 

Bounty trains were going on all day. 

Nobody complained about a joko ambush, like ever. 

Guess you got lucky then.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Thanks for the explanation, i did quite a lot of bounties in Sandswept Isles and i have NEVER encountered that event, and from the way you're telling it, it's not new so no idea, must have been RNG i guess... 😛 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Thanks for the explanation, i did quite a lot of bounties in Sandswept Isles and i have NEVER encountered that event, and from the way you're telling it, it's not new so no idea, must have been RNG i guess... 😛 

Had it happen 3 times over 2 hours and i was reminded of why i never did those bounty achievements >.> its a garbage rng mechanic and im really glad they moved away from it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Had it happen 3 times over 2 hours and i was reminded of why i never did those bounty achievements >.> its a garbage rng mechanic and im really glad they moved away from it.

Wow lol, i must have been extremely lucky! 😄

I did the Legendary hunter in Sandswept, and some Champion ones with a bounty train from time to time and never had the "Ambushed by Joko" event. 

Or maybe i didn't pay attention? I don't know, there were some Awakened during one Champion fight, but i just assumed they're part of the fight. 😄 Was that it?

1 minute ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Wow lol, i must have been extremely lucky! 😄

I did the Legendary hunter in Sandswept, and some Champion ones with a bounty train from time to time and never had the "Ambushed by Joko" event. 

Or maybe i didn't pay attention? I don't know, there were some Awakened during one Champion fight, but i just assumed they're part of the fight. 😄 Was that it?

No, they totally replace the bounty. Spawns a champion Awakaned and a bunch of smaller ones. Gives no credit at all towards anything 😕

• Like 1

Just now, Dante.1763 said:

No, they totally replace the bounty. Spawns a champion Awakaned and a bunch of smaller ones. Gives no credit at all towards anything 😕

Oh, that's a bummer if it replaces it and gives no credit. 😞

Kind of a stupid design to randomly "auto fail" whatever it is you're doing before you've even had a chance to even try it.

• Like 1