Make skyscales mandatory

Then we won't have to trade our souls in trying to acquire one.

Seriously, the grind is unreal. And it's always excused with: "Well, it's optional!"

I'd rather have a mandatory skyscale that wasn't an egregious grind than an optional skyscale that left me feeling excluded and inferior for not being able to obtain one.

Edited by Mortifera.6138
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 33
  • Sad 6

While I must admit that acquiring my skyscale was somewhat grindy, it did not require trading my soul to get one. Additionally, it only took me a few weeks to acquire one at a casual pace. On top of all of that, there were parts of the quest chain, like playing with my skyscale, that were absolutely a treat to do. I personally think the quest chain is fine as it is. Having a skyscale is definitely a QoL bonus but it is by no means mandatory to complete most content in the game.

Edited by Eraden.8740
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

The Skyscale is the Legendary equivalent of a mount, the devs stated this directly. If you want a less stressful option, go with Griffon instead which was designed to be more easily acquired by casual players.

Once you have it and see that it basically replaces all mounts you'll understand.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Hannelore.8153 said:

The Skyscale is the Legendary equivalent of a mount, the devs stated this directly. If you want a less stressful option, go with Griffon instead which was designed to be more easily acquired by casual players.

Except legendaries are for cosmetics, whereas skyscale is a functional upgrade.

• Like 7
  • Confused 12

They are giving away 250 of the s4 map currency each week as part of this return to living world thing. So I started my skyscale quest on Saturday. Started the troublesome skyscale part today and already one 5 of the quests.  I followed along with the commontate guides for the treasure hunts, made it pretty simple. I don't quite see what the fuss is about but then I already had the charged quartz and grow lamp recipe. Also, I've had the game nearly 18 months and done fine without a skyscale so far.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Stopped reading at: "it only took me a few weeks".

That is an insane grind.

You seem to have missed the "casual pace" part of my sentence. I was doing other things besides the skyscale quest during that time. Additionally, I wasn't playing 24/7 during that period either. I was playing CASUALLY and still managed to get my skyscale.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I unlocked it on both my accounts. My biggest complaint was the time gate. I do think it should have been a community unlock with a smaller account collection. It was much easier on my second account because I knew what to bypass on LWS4. If I remember right, you only need two chapters done on LWS4. A 3rd if you're unlocking the beetle. You do need access to all LWS4 maps but if you have them unlocked a Teleport 2 Friend will get you there without doing most of the stories. Grinding LWS4 map currencies is the biggest time waster.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

With the Return of LS4 u can Farm the Mats so fast. Its now easier than ever to get that mount. 

Im having trouble with that, I cant get into a good meta mine are failing. i know I play later than prime time but still. Im on the saddle part and its taking me forever to get it done because of map currency. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940

2 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Im having trouble with that, I cant get into a good meta mine are failing. i know I play later than prime time but still. Im on the saddle part and its taking me forever to get it done because of map currency. 

There are so many peoples on those maps which are actual in the return event. My friend plays only during night and he made them all in 2 Hours. When u have trouble then do the oldshool way, download Taco and then u can walk the farmroutes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

There are so many peoples on those maps which are actual in the return event. My friend plays only during night and he made them all in 2 Hours. When u have trouble then do the oldshool way, download Taco and then u can walk the farmroutes. 

I dont like adding addons if I can help it. but i guess i will have too, because im so confused where to go and what to do, I also cant keep up with the flyers.

Just now, Bingus.4236 said:

Also, if you have the ice brood saga, you can do the easy strike missions to get eternal ice shards and prophet shards, both which you can exchange for map currency very easily. You can also do the bjora marches metas for eternal ice shards to exchange as well.

That one i forgot. Did this too after the farmroutes. 

The only real grind was the currency which is completely removed if you’re going for the PvE legendary amulet. 

Legendaries are stated often to be optional and many would consider the grind unreal. By your logic, those would have to be made mandatory so that people are not left ”feeling excluded and inferior for not being able to obtain one”

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1

I freely admit I found the acquisition of the Skyscale a giant pain.  Got so burned out on acquiring the map currencies that when I was done I quit the game for two months.  Played some other things, took a bunch of deep breaths, came back, and since then the Skyscale is my #1 mount, no question.  Think of it as **like** (not the same as) crafting a Legendary -- it takes time but is worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

They are now with the legendary armory, since the new devs have no clue about the vision of the core game.

Well, they ALWAYS were functional upgrades and since the armory, Even MORESO than they were before it. 

Still, implying Legendary gear is just for cosmetics ... wrong. I mean, if you want people to take you seriously ... maybe know what you are talking about is a good start. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3