(Mirage) Chaos Vortex Bug , Sept 21 2021 [Merged]

38 minutes ago, Ashnod.4365 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 @Cobalt Flame.8056 @Sentient Anomaly.9473

I switched from scourge to axe / pistol - staff mirage and actually had fun. Because of this bug it now became a axe / torch - scepter / pistol mirage because I don't feel staff is viable anymore.

Exactly the same here!

Had a Staff/Staff celestial build and Axe/Torch - Staff build. The cele build is now useless and Scepter is not nearly as effective since the Confusion nerf.

Let's remind ourselves... Confusion was too strong on 1 boss in Raids so they had to screw every other mode because of it.

Delete raids Anet, you'll have an easier time balancing the professions when you stop balancing everything around 1 boss encounter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Relax a bit guys. I really dont understand why are you so fired up about this. Yes, it is sorta frustrating but you gotta keep in mind that they released a huge dx patch that caused a lot of issues as well.

I really think that gamebreaking bugs such as 'not being able to start the game' or 'not being able to login' or 'my game freezes if i play it for 15 mins' has much bigger priority compared to one build on one spec on one class. (I'm not saying there's no impact, its just that its way lower compared to the issues they have with dx). 

On 5th we'll get a patch for Halloween and it will most likely be fixed. Team working on tickets that you got reply from is most likely not the same team keeping the forums updated. Saying things like 'oh cmon this is not that hard to say' is kinda low and i find it rather annoying (much more than the bug itself tbh).

P.S. I really dont understand how can anyone think that this is 'intended change' after they literally added a circle around your character after you cast the Chaos Vortex implying that boons should be spread there. Even if the skill is bugged, you can pretty much see the circle *AROUND YOU* (not the target). 

Honestly guys, relax a bit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

Relax a bit guys. I really dont understand why are you so fired up about this. Yes, it is sorta frustrating but you gotta keep in mind that they released a huge dx patch that caused a lot of issues as well.

I really think that gamebreaking bugs such as 'not being able to start the game' or 'not being able to login' or 'my game freezes if i play it for 15 mins' has much bigger priority compared to one build on one spec on one class. (I'm not saying there's no impact, its just that its way lower compared to the issues they have with dx). 

On 5th we'll get a patch for Halloween and it will most likely be fixed. Team working on tickets that you got reply from is most likely not the same team keeping the forums updated. Saying things like 'oh cmon this is not that hard to say' is kinda low and i find it rather annoying (much more than the bug itself tbh).

P.S. I really dont understand how can anyone think that this is 'intended change' after they literally added a circle around your character after you cast the Chaos Vortex implying that boons should be spread there. Even if the skill is bugged, you can pretty much see the circle *AROUND YOU* (not the target). 

I honestly get the feeling of you not being a mesmer player, and if you have a mesmer toon you probably dont play it enough, cuz if you did you would know how Anet has been treating this class throughout the years, both when it comes to bugs that never gets fixed and nerfs that dont make any sence at all.

And the DX11 update is seriously not game breaking since you can always switch back to DX9 and stop dealing with the issues you get with DX11 BETA. So no, that's not an good enough excuse for me and many other mesmer players out there.

And if you find this thread annoying and low, dont bother to read it, you're just wasting your own time and energy. Focus on the threads that's meaningful to you instead!

Thanks!

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

I honestly get the feeling of you not being a mesmer player, and if you have a mesmer toon you probably dont play with it enough, cuz if you did you would know how Anet has been treating this class through the years, both when it comes to bugs that never get fixed and nerfs that dont make any sence at all.

You are right about the part me not playing mesmer enough. It is not my main class but I do play it, i would say, rather often. Tank/dps/alac spec, all of them. And yes, I've noticed this bug from the first day it came up as I started loving miralac in both raids and fractals but I do believe that they will fix it soon enough when they get a chance.

However, I did notice that up to recently mesmer, in one way or another was pretty much in every meta we had up to now. Being a tank/damage/support w/e you wish to call it, its been there. Sometimes undertuned, sometimes overtuned. But its like that with most of the classes (excluding guardian ofc lol. ) And even now that it fell out of meta, firebrand taking its place, they gave it alacrity so it can still be used. I really dont understand your frustration about the treatment of the class really, but I guess its just a personal preference of some sort.

3 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

And the DX11 update is seriously not game breaking since you can always switch back to DX9 and stop dealing with the issues you get with DX11 BETA. So no, that's not an good enough excuse for me and many other mesmer players out there.

Saying that something gamechanging as the dx update is not enough of an excuse and is not important kinda makes me think that you dont care about the prosperity of the game but rather only about 'your class' being right. Not just few people had a lot of issues on dx9, crashing here and there even when they opted out of dx11 beta. This is not some minor change devs can simply ignore.

7 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

And if you find this thread annoying and low, dont bother to read it, you're just wasting your own time and energy. Focus on the threads that's meaningful to you instead!

I've brought up my point of view on the matter as I've seen the post popping up constantly. The point of the forums is to create new conversations on the matter, not shut down those who you disagree with. Thats all I'm gonna say 🙂 

1 hour ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

You know, i'd be with you all the way if it weren't for Anet's history with mesmer nerfs and specifically this:

Ranger

• One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that caused damaging strikes from this skill to fail to occur on certain large bosses, such as Conjured Amalgamate.
  •  

They were preparing the DX11 beta, elite spec beta, alliances beta and they *still* had time to fix a Ranger bug *day after* it was discovered *while* they were dealing with DX11, elites and alliances.

So, spare us the "they're busy with DX11" and other excuses because the above example confirms those excuses aren't valid.

We're waiting for about 10 days now for a fix, or even an ackgnowledgement from Anet. I'm sure they know how to log in the forums and write a post, that would be enough to just calm everyone down and reassure the Mesmer communtiy that they're not ignoring us.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You know, i'd be with you all the way if it weren't for Anet's history with mesmer nerfs and specifically this:

Ranger

• One Wolf Pack: Fixed a bug that caused damaging strikes from this skill to fail to occur on certain large bosses, such as Conjured Amalgamate.
  •  

They were preparing the DX11 beta, elite spec beta, alliances beta and they *still* had time to fix a Ranger bug *day after* it was discovered *while* they were dealing with DX11, elites and alliances.

So, spare us the "they're busy with DX11" and other excuses because the above example confirms those excuses aren't valid.

We're waiting for about 10 days now for a fix, or even an ackgnowledgement from Anet. I'm sure they know how to log in the forums and write a post, that would be enough to just calm everyone down and reassure the Mesmer communtiy that they're not ignoring us.

Eh I understand where you're coming from with this but when I look at these 2 bugs, it kinda seems like the one on mesmer is far more complicated. Besides, who knows if the same people work on fixes for all classes and stuff, we cant really know how they organize stuff. *shrug*

Also, coming from someone working in IT, some bugs (such as the one you linked) can be found even before the patch actually hits live servers, but the team decides that they go with the patch and continue working on it if its a small change - then add it later. This could really be one of those cases. I'm ofc, not saying that its surely that, just implying that there might be a reason why we saw that fix and not the mesmer one! 🙂

3 hours ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

You are right about the part me not playing mesmer enough. It is not my main class but I do play it, i would say, rather often. Tank/dps/alac spec, all of them. And yes, I've noticed this bug from the first day it came up as I started loving miralac in both raids and fractals but I do believe that they will fix it soon enough when they get a chance.

However, I did notice that up to recently mesmer, in one way or another was pretty much in every meta we had up to now. Being a tank/damage/support w/e you wish to call it, its been there. Sometimes undertuned, sometimes overtuned. But its like that with most of the classes (excluding guardian ofc lol. ) And even now that it fell out of meta, firebrand taking its place, they gave it alacrity so it can still be used. I really dont understand your frustration about the treatment of the class really, but I guess its just a personal preference of some sort.

Saying that something gamechanging as the dx update is not enough of an excuse and is not important kinda makes me think that you dont care about the prosperity of the game but rather only about 'your class' being right. Not just few people had a lot of issues on dx9, crashing here and there even when they opted out of dx11 beta. This is not some minor change devs can simply ignore.

I've brought up my point of view on the matter as I've seen the post popping up constantly. The point of the forums is to create new conversations on the matter, not shut down those who you disagree with. Thats all I'm gonna say 🙂 

Well you can create a discussion and you can disagree, but when you start calling people annoying and low just because they are trying to address something that destroys their game experience, you already crossed the line to just being plainly rude.

Whats game breaking for me might not be game breaking for you, and vice versa. These kind of things are subjective! Thats why everybody is free to create new threads about bugs that's an issue for them on this forum.

So again... if this thread just annoys you, dont waste your time on it. It doesnt help you and it doesnt help us that wants to see Anet communicate and fix this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, LukaBre.8621 said:

Eh I understand where you're coming from with this but when I look at these 2 bugs, it kinda seems like the one on mesmer is far more complicated. Besides, who knows if the same people work on fixes for all classes and stuff, we cant really know how they organize stuff. *shrug*

Also, coming from someone working in IT, some bugs (such as the one you linked) can be found even before the patch actually hits live servers, but the team decides that they go with the patch and continue working on it if its a small change - then add it later. This could really be one of those cases. I'm ofc, not saying that its surely that, just implying that there might be a reason why we saw that fix and not the mesmer one! 🙂

Look, neither you nor i can debate how hard one bug is to fix over the other because neither of us are familiar with the code, nor work for anet. We can't comment on their organisation as well so any theorizing on what is going on and why is moot.

Besides. All we're asking for is communication. For them to tell us, "hey, we know, it'll be a while sorry, hang in there" or even "we don't know, it'll be done when it's done.

So don't try to defend them on this, it's really not hard to log into the forums for 10 days and tell us anything, even if it's "stop bothering us". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Look, neither you nor i can debate how hard one bug is to fix over the other because neither of us are familiar with the code, nor work for anet. We can't comment on their organisation as well so any theorizing on what is going on and why is moot.

Of course, thats why I said it might be the option. Hence why I got a tad bit more of understanding why its taking so long. Its sort of a subjective matter.

5 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Besides. All we're asking for is communication. For them to tell us, "hey, we know, it'll be a while sorry, hang in there" or even "we don't know, it'll be done when it's done.

So don't try to defend them on this, it's really not hard to log into the forums for 10 days and tell us anything, even if it's "stop bothering us". 

Didn't someone in conversation already stated that they got the answer on the ticket saying that its not an intended behavior of the skill?

I mean, there's a lot of bug posts in this section and I honestly didn't see they address every single one of them through a reply. Again, I understand that its frustrating for you, just not understanding the expectations here honestly. 😕

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

Again, I understand that its frustrating for you, just not understanding the expectations here honestly. 😕

I literally told you the expectations of everyone in this thread, the fact that you don't get it means you're not affected by what's being discussed here like others are. So i'm not sure why you're in this thread at all.

This thread is a topic for people affected by the Mirage bug, you coming here all confused on why it's a big deal to many people is if nothing else off topic honestly. 
If it doesn't affect you, great, i'm glad, but your posts here are not constructive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

Lucabre, go back under your rock.   Thanks.

Don't dude, they'll just lock the thread for no reason. THat's what he wants, for people to get pissed off and argue with him, then go off topic then start flaming each other and thread locked.

Stay on topic and only post about the Mirage bug, how it affects us and ask Anet for fix/communication.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

I literally told you the expectations of everyone in this thread, the fact that you don't get it means you're not affected by what's being discussed here like others are. So i'm not sure why you're in this thread at all.

This thread is a topic for people affected by the Mirage bug, you coming here all confused on why it's a big deal to many people is if nothing else off topic honestly. 
If it doesn't affect you, great, i'm glad, but your posts here are not constructive.

I've literally stated in some of the previous posts that I'm indeed affected by the change as I've played miralac a lot lately. 

The idea of the initial post is to try to reduce the tension and try to relax you guys a bit but it seems that there's no way of communicating here if you have a different type of the opinion. I'll take advice from the person above and let you stay in your closed-minded circle of entitlement and leave you be. 

Hope you all get your class fixed on the 5th. Farewell.

1 minute ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

I've literally stated in some of the previous posts that I'm indeed affected by the change as I've played miralac a lot lately. 

The idea of the initial post is to try to reduce the tension and try to relax you guys a bit but it seems that there's no way of communicating here if you have a different type of the opinion. I'll take advice from the person above and let you stay in your closed-minded circle of entitlement and leave you be. 

Hope you all get your class fixed on the 5th. Farewell.

There's no tension here dude, we're just here for a daily reminder to Anet that Mesmers want some love, nothing more, nothing less. You're entitled to your opinion, but the rest of the people here don't need to accept or even acknowledge it for that matter. When did this notion start that every different opinion needs to be validated and respected? 

Entitlement, that's also why i know you're a troll, so yes, pelase if you don't have anything constructive to post, just don't, all you're doing is steering the thread off topic.

Thank you for your kind wishes, we also hope for a fix. Farewell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

Didn't someone in conversation already stated that they got the answer on the ticket saying that its not an intended behavior of the skill?

I opened a ticket about Dx11 and asked about Chaos Vortex and another thing at the end of my ticket, the answer was to do a ingame bug report, but looks like people already did the report way before and there was no feedback. My ticket was a couple days ago. Even if they said it's not intended behavior, the asnwer was literally "go report it" and that's what people are doing here.
It's a bug and not a nerf, but we just wanted to know if it's being worked on because every mesmer has ptsd of bugs not being fixed or changes ruining gameplay/fun for a long time before someone takes a look at it.
Saying relax doesn't help in any way, and I don't think tagging devs in every post help either since in their profile the last visited was a couple days ago with last post a week ago. I guess that's how the humans felt when Exodus happened, idk, I play asura.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Alexander.5321 said:

I opened a ticket about Dx11 and asked about Chaos Vortex and another thing at the end of my ticket, the answer was to do a ingame bug report, but looks like people already did the report way before and there was no feedback. My ticket was a couple days ago. Even if they said it's not intended behavior, the asnwer was literally "go report it" and that's what people are doing here.
It's a bug and not a nerf, but we just wanted to know if it's being worked on because every mesmer has ptsd of bugs not being fixed or changes ruining gameplay/fun for a long time before someone takes a look at it.
Saying relax doesn't help in any way, and I don't think tagging devs in every post help either since in their profile the last visited was a couple days ago with last post a week ago. I guess that's how the humans felt when Exodus happened, idk, I play asura.

People are just trying to deal with this the best they can. It might not help to tag them, but its better than do nothing at all. But just as you said, people are trying to report this and for once being vocal about it. Hopefully it helps in the end! And the mesmer ptsd is just spot on, all we mesmer players need therapy at this point 😂

• Like 1

Hey guys.   I was messing around with staff mirage in the training area, and it seems like my alacrity was getting stripped before it had timed out.  Is this another bug, or is there some interaction I'm not aware of.  I attached a video, the most egregious example is the last cast of chaos vortex.  

Is this a known interaction, or another way chaos vortex is broken.

It doesn't trigger every time.  the cast at the end of the video is the  most obvious example of what im talking about

https://imgur.com/a/20K2qmD

edit: I was informed this is a bug with the training area only and not specific to mirage.

Edited by Epic Turtle.4627

27 minutes ago, Epic Turtle.4627 said:

Hey guys.   I was messing around with staff mirage in the training area, and it seems like my alacrity was getting stripped before it had timed out.  Is this another bug, or is there some interaction I'm not aware of.  I attached a video, the most egregious example is the last cast of chaos vortex.  

It doesn't trigger every time.  the cast at the end of the video is the  most obvious example of what im talking about

I havent even noticed this honestly. Have to try this out for myself aswell! Never seen this issue before the last patch though so we have one more bug added to the list.

Good find though and really good that you reported it in here 😊 

• Thanks 2

As they changed boon priority and added in the circle, they must have accidentally broken the whole thing. The bug must be a very complex one, due to the amount of side-effects of it that have already been reported by players. The wildest stuff keeps happening like sudden infinite range, target failing or some other unusual behaviour.

I actually feel for Anet and the amount of work they must be having. I honestly believe they're trying their best :/ we just have to be patient. We'll get our fix, or we'll keep reminding them of it until we get it, but never forgetting they're also people, just like us, working on the other side under the pressure of an upcoming expansion, system updates and whatnot 😕

I guess, as I said before, we're just all very passionate about the game and our favourite professions 😆

But indeed, an "acknowledged" sign on every bug report players do, regardless of what class or whatever it is about, is very welcome and doesn't take a lot of effort to do, supposedly. It's good communication practice which Anet was never very good with, sadly...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LukaBre.8621 said:

You are right about the part me not playing mesmer enough. It is not my main class but I do play it, i would say, rather often. Tank/dps/alac spec, all of them.

However, I did notice that up to recently mesmer, in one way or another was pretty much in every meta we had up to now.                    

Yes, very clear that you don’t play Mesmer with these statements.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Epic Turtle.4627 said:

That's not related to mirage, there's a bug that strips boons in training area for any class after a couple seconds, you can test it with something else and it will also remove the boons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alexander.5321 said:

That's not related to mirage, there's a bug that strips boons in training area for any class after a couple seconds, you can test it with something else and it will also remove the boons.

Aaah great to know! Thats why I never experienced this issue before myself. One bug less for us 🥳

• Like 1