(Mirage) Chaos Vortex Bug , Sept 21 2021 [Merged]

Ok Im really dissapointed now!

We have been reporting this all week long, and still no fix for our staff?! Not even an update from Anet regarding this issue is beyond unprofessional.

They took their time to merge this thread together with other similar threads, but they cant take like 3 minutes of their time and write something like "we're looking into this matter" or "it's supposed to be like this from now on".

Way to go Anet! You finally gave mirage something good, you destroyed it and now you dont even care to fix it again... really hard to not think that this was intentional at this point!

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Still no fix in the making huh? 

I don't know what i was expecting but come on Anet, you fix everyone elses bugs as soon as they are found, are Mesmers really at the bottom of the barrel for you? 

Staff Mirage is literally "the build", it's built around that freaking alacrity you gave us. No alacrity = no build.

So much for communicating better with the community...

Or does that too not apply to Mesmers?

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Fire Attunement.9835 @Cobalt Flame.8056 @Sentient Anomaly.9473

Can we please receive any kind of update regarding this issue? This is really game breaking for many of us mirage players, and no communication from Anet is really poor customer service at this point. 

It's been one week already with this issue, and the only thing we get is silence... tiresome.

I think you (Anet) should be worried when mesmer players (which are a part of your playerbase) constantly feels neglected in every single way in this game. Either you create bugs you never fix again or you nerf us in the most absurd ways. This "We dont care about you" - attitude really destroys the game for us mesmer players. We have paid for this game just like everybody else who plays other professions!

Why do we have to always get the worst treatment, and why doesnt it matter to you (Anet) that our game experience literally sucks compared to other players playing other professions?

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 @Cobalt Flame.8056 @Sentient Anomaly.9473

Can we please receive any kind of update regarding this issue? This is really game breaking for many of us mirage players, and no communication from Anet is really poor customer service at this point. 

It's been one week already with this issue, and the only thing we get is silence... tiresome.

I think you (Anet) should be worried when mesmer players (which are a part of your playerbase) constantly feels neglected in every single way in this game. Either you create bugs you never fix again or you nerf us in the most absurd ways. And this destroys the game for us everytime! We have paid for this game just like everybody else who play other professions!

Why do we have to always get the worst treatment, and why doesnt it matter to you (Anet) that our game experience literally sucks compared to other players playing other professions?

Sometimes it does seem like Mesmers are the second-class citizens of this game...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mesmer wasn’t really even a class people played in vanilla gw2.   Wasn’t until the expac with support chrono which was completely nerfed off the face of the planet and mirage with pof .   However mirage was insanely op.   Depending on the players skill lvl mirage was able to easily 1v5-10 with down’s and a few stumps.   With the alacrity update to staff it made it viable again and NOT op.   It was balanced for the first time mirage has been a thing… and now this.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Still no fix in the making huh? 

I don't know what i was expecting but come on Anet, you fix everyone elses bugs as soon as they are found, are Mesmers really at the bottom of the barrel for you? 

Staff Mirage is literally "the build", it's built around that freaking alacrity you gave us. No alacrity = no build.

So much for communicating better with the community...

Or does that too not apply to Mesmers?

its not a bug, clearly it’s intentional.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I seriously don’t know why they don’t just delete Mesmer from the game at this point.   It has been their intention for a long while now to phase out Mesmer from the game.   Just kittening do it already.   Power gs burst is the only viable build at this point in any game mode.   And I don’t even play pve content, who actually needs a burst Mesmer in pve content?   Anet, the true trolls here.   Live with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, koopatroopa.5360 said:

Then they need to change the tool tip. It still shows "around the caster" and not around the target.

when you have a target in range, which is short. You can see the white circle area that the alacrity goes off around the caster.

I don’t ever recall there being that circle before. But it clearly looks like they did this intentionally. The old way it worked. You could build alacrity ooc with anything targeted.

it’s a nerf. I’ve been here for all the Mesmer nerfs since the game released. This is how they happen. Anet will never acknowledge this nerf either. They will play silent and you people that are unhappy will slowly go away.

same as the now accepted one dodge mirage in wvw and pvp.

and that’s that.

Edited by Gfkd.1836
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Gfkd.1836 said:

They will play silent and you people that are unhappy will slowly go away.

How about we don't go away then?

Let's make an ingame protest, gather in LA under that big town square near the bank and /playdead who has it, the rest gather and /upset around the /playadead characters. Everyone on their Mesmer character.

Every day at a few times throughout the day for how much time you can spare and someone will notice.

Or, make one big noise, at a prearranged date, every mesmer ever gathers in protest in game in an arranged map. We share the date and what to do with every gaming community we can, reddit, FB, and someone gets game journalists to come at that date and report on this.

And start demanding we get better treatment for once.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 4

Okay, so, I never posted on this forum and this particular issue made me finally do it because... it's just awful.

I actually really enjoyed Staff Mirage after the staff changes made on May. It flowed a lot better, the damage was obviously overtuned but it was getting toned down to acceptable levels, and it was fine! But then... One week ago, I had to stop playing it, because I just wasn't enjoying it. It just doesn't feel good at all.

Dear Anet, if you think Staff Mirage needs a nerf, then nerf the damage, nerf the alacrity duration, nerf the might, I don't care. To those things we can adapt and build differently.
But this? You are literally placing the main feature of Staff Mirage on practically melee range...? It's a staff. A ranged weapon. Designed to be used as a... you guessed it, ranged weapon. It's RANGED. Not to mention the activation doesn't even work properly the way it is now because of this target selection method, no matter if I'm close or far or... wherever.

Besides, you have something called Renegade, who can press F4 and have permanent alacrity regardless if they're in combat, out of combat, sitting, dancing, singing, floating in the air or flying, whatever. Just press F4 and auto-attack. Alacrigade simplified. In other modes, same thing, every Renegade gets easy access to Alacrity whenever they want.

When you have this in the game... Alacrity/Staff Mirage was already difficult to play properly, in comparison. Now it's just... Cringe.

If this is a feature... Who thought this would be a good idea? Did you even playtest it? Try it! It feels terrible! Might as well make Mirages use staves like Daredevils do!

If it's a bug, then you're forgiven and the mesmers shall be appeased once it is confirmed to be a bug and eventually fixed. I'm personally hoping it is, but... We'll see.

Edited by Gherod.3674
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't even use mirrors created from the F4 Shatter (that trait thingie) to get more dodges because the clones auto-attack from ranged (because, shocker, they use a staff properly) and they always end up too far... /o\

The ones created by Staff 3... also end up too far because they're ranged...
Staff 2 puts you out of range, as well... And I could keep going on.
Literally no synergy whatsoever with anything mirage offers when using a staff.

Begone with the circle, if you must! The old way was fine.

It can only be a bug. Like... It'd be too bad if they actually meant for this to be a feature. No way ArenaNet would think this matches their quality standards. They're just probably really overworked right now and that's quite understandable. I really want to believe that's it x)

Edited by Gherod.3674
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1