They butchered another elite specialization

Tom Hsiao.9705

After years of melee elite specialization for elementalist I was hoping ANet will come to their senses and give elementalist an elite spec that specialize in range combat but NOPE. Another melee with HAMMER!!!!!! When someone wants to play a mage character they do not have melee combat in mind!!!!

We got sowrd on last expansion ALREADY give us a range great sword like mesmer not f**king HAMMER!

So glad I didn't preorder GW2! I'm so done with this crap! 🤢

You guys could have given elementalist more summons to tank for them while they channel their magic instead of this melee garbage. 

Give us elemental summoner as new elite spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tom Hsiao.9705
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

Why breaking so badly? Delete and don't play. Or play Mesmer. Or play something else where is classic Gandalf-looking mage. At least 3 solutions here, you are welcome.

But seriously, why so much hate towards hammer weapon? It's not hammer's fault.

For Elementalist in terms of range I was hoping for mainhand pistol, nothing two-handed because of hardly to make good set 5x4 skills and no two-handed lacks of combinations variety needed in lack of weapon swap here, and we see it here on Catalyst's hammer skills now. Tempest is nice frontline support, Weaver's doubles are sweet. Somehow it's sad that my love - the scepter is not good for any of existing elites, but on staff is pretty good on Weaver to me.

By your words it seems that you badly want to play as ranged classic mage with pets. Good news - there is totally core totally free GW2-Necromancer. No payment. Enjoy.

Sadly that you didn't suggest any examples of your vision of ranged weapon skills-tratis or new Ele's summons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The mix of melee and range is new and something that hasn't been done before on Elementalist to this extent. It can use some changes to damage from what I've seen, but I really hope that Arena-Net doesn't change the hybrid nature that makes Hammer unique.  Not to say Hammer doesn't need an overhaul, but I still don't think the range it offers is the biggest problem.

I really hope that this negativity towards Catalyst manifests not only in a change to the Jade Sphere and Hammer skills, but also finally a 2022 update for Staff and Scepter to fit todays meta. After all, Catalyst still has more ranged options than pure melee options.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Im confused to ur post.. even if they delievered a Ranged SPecc, u woudl never be at ranged while using it lmfao. the games Fundamentally built conceptually in PvE to stack ontop of each other, otherwise ur getting 0 boons and no effects lmfao.

Why are u asking for something the game quite litterally Doesnt Exist in the games Systems themselves.

37 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Honestly virtuoso fulfilled that need for me oddly enough.

Virtuoso even with dagger Is melee. ur weapon Swap is Sword in a DPS build. ur quite litterally still gotta statically be sat in Melee Range.

and the specc Sucks in SPVP because its Ranged effectively. it lacks the ability to deal with combat.

Game Needs Fundamental Changes. before a Ranged Weapon will actually work in any game mode realistically, no point introducing a Ranged focused proffession prior those changes realistically taking place.

Hammers actually really cool. the problem is, some of those hammer abilities need fixing up alot. and the F5 Mechanic feels bad and there isnt enough mechanical Distinction so if not using hammer it feels like ur playing core Ele with higher stats.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

They added in a combo class after remove all of the combo added effect with out adding in more OR making what combo utility locked to an F5 only and only for self. That and give the class a low combo/field wepon that is know for being a combo/field wepon.

Its like weaver all over where sword started out being a realty bad wepon and staff / scpter where far better the thing is they nerf staff and scpter a lot to fix sword on weaver so being dagger and staff are far better combo/field weapons we may see them lose utility to make hammer better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

If I wanted to play Scrapper I would play an Engineer, not the worse sister which is the Catalyst

OK ... that doesn't change what I said right? The good news is that you don't have to play it if you don't like it. Not everything Anet does is going to be something you want to play. The espec design isn't about you. The game doesn't cater to individuals.

10 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

All it did was make core d/d viable in pvp.

And what's the problem with that? It made something that wasn't viable ... now vaible? How terrible!!!!

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, the good news is that you don't have to play it if you don't like it. Not everything Anet does is going to be something you want to play. 

Sure, and if I don't want to buy their expansion I don't have to throw my hard earned money at them either because I strongly disagree with their choices.

Edited by Touchme.1097
Grammar correction
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Sure, and it I don't want to buy their expansion I don't have to throw my hard earned money at them either because I strongly disagree with their choices.

Yup, that's your prerogative as well, but Anet already knows they can't please everyone with everything they do because as I said, the game can't cater to individuals. So it  goes without saying that some people won't purchase the expansion for various reasons related to then not liking things they see in it. That obvious fact is certainly not going to influence how the spec works though. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Yup, that's your perogative as well, but Anet already knows they can't please everyone with everything they do, so that goes without saying that some people won't purchase the expansion. It's certainly not going to influence how the spec works. 

Based on the poll on Catalyst they brushed a lot of players the wrong way

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Based on the poll on Catalyst they brushed a lot of players the wrong way

Well, if that poll was statistically relevant, you might have something. There will always be some people that dislike something new. That's not a reason for Anet to get jumpy and try to please everyone ... especially since that's a fool's errand in the first place. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... that doesn't change what I said right? The good news is that you don't have to play it if you don't like it. Not everything Anet does is going to be something you want to play. The espec design isn't about you. The game doesn't cater to individuals.

And what's the problem with that? It made something that wasn't viable ... now vaible? How terrible!!!!

It should be viable on core 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

It should be viable on core 

If that's even true, then that's a core problem, not a Catalyst one. The implication of your statement is that Catalyst is bad because d/d isn't viable for PVP on core. Think about that for a minute. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

After years of melee elite specialization for elementalist I was hoping ANet will come to their senses and give elementalist an elite spec that specialize in range combat but NOPE. Another melee with HAMMER!!!!!! When someone wants to play a mage character they do not have melee combat in mind!!!!

We got sowrd on last expansion ALREADY give us a range great sword like mesmer not f**king HAMMER!

So glad I didn't preorder GW2! I'm so done with this crap! 🤢

You guys could have given elementalist more summons to tank for them while they channel their magic instead of this melee garbage. 

Give us elemental summoner as new elite spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a note to the mods can we start pulling or condensing the 500 threads complaining about the lack of mage fantasy for elementalist made by the same few people over and over again?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If that's even true, then that's a core problem, not a Catalyst one. The implication of your statement is that Catalyst is bad because d/d isn't viable for PVP on core. Think about that for a minute. 

Catalyst is bad because it offers nothing the way it currently functions. They gated the main mechanic and gave us another melee weapon making the playstyle feel very similar to core ele.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Catalyst is bad because it offers nothing the way it currently functions. They gated the main mechanic and gave us another melee weapon making the playstyle feel very similar to core ele.

Now THAT is the most reasonable complaint I have yet to see about Catalyst ... and to be fair, I see where you are coming from. While Jade Spheres did change how I play Ele ... the 'inbetween' Jade Spheres phase did not. In otherwords, it's a design problem, similar to how Berserker feels like core warrior when it's not in Berserker mode (and is actually deficient in traits). Catalyst isn't as bad as that ... but it's close. 

If we get more energy gain or lessen the requirement on Jade Sphere, that's a good amount towards addressing the issue IMO. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Now THAT is the most reasonable complaint I have yet to see about Catalyst ... and to be fair, I see where you are coming from. While Jade Spheres did change how I play Ele ... the 'inbetween' Jade Spheres phase did not. In otherwords, it's a design problem, similar to how Berserker feels like core warrior when it's not in Berserker mode (and is actually deficient in traits). Catalyst isn't as bad as that ... but it's close. 

If we get more energy gain or lessen the requirement on Jade Sphere, that's a good amount towards addressing the issue IMO. 

Ho? Interesting claim with that "change how I play" since Jade Sphere beside being fire-and-forget field with fancy effects, offers no different playstyle in the slightest to the Ele as a whole. It's just core+ or core1.5 at most.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Ho? Interesting claim with that "change how I play" since Jade Sphere beside being fire-and-forget field with fancy effects, offers no different playstyle in the slightest to the Ele as a whole. It's just core+ or core1.5 at most.

Well, I would argue that being able to place an on-demand field and finisher for any element you want is a different playstyle than core ele. While Core ele does have the same effects, it's not done at a level of control available to Catalyst to make it a reliable element to design a build around. Unfortunately, it doesn't do it very often to make it feel like a theme worth supporting a whole spec with. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just a note to the mods can we start pulling or condensing the 500 threads complaining about the lack of mage fantasy for elementalist made by the same few people over and over again?

🙏 pls Kormir.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would not have any interest in an elemental summoner. Happy with the hybrid ranged/melee hammer concept generally, though what we got in the beta was very disappointing. 

I fully expect them to learn and improve from feedback they got but my policy is never preorder anything nor prejudge based on early betas. 

16 hours ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

I would not have any interest in an elemental summoner. Happy with the hybrid ranged/melee hammer concept generally, though what we got in the beta was very disappointing. 

I fully expect them to learn and improve from feedback they got but my policy is never preorder anything nor prejudge based on early betas. 

I am not sure how much they even can update cata base off of the feedback. Anet only seems "ok" at updating numbers and its a real task for them to rework effects.

• Like 1