Living World S4 ​❤️

Caid.4932

Playing this recently i'm just reminded how much I adored this season. I loved the whole thing, maps were great, some of the best metas in the game but the story in particular i feel the need to rant a bit about due to it being so kitten excellent. The writing was just hilarious, Taimi's 'Die Branded Scum HAHAHAHAHA', had me in stitches and Brahams 'praise joko' were just such perfect moments. Joko was one of the weirdest and most unique antagonists in a game I've ever seen and still managed to leave us with a really interesting, thoughtful idea on the 'only a total lunatic would be stupid enough to kill off elder dragons'. Then there was Kralk, who was fairly dry, big, destructive monster antagonist right up to the boss fight when that idea gets flipped on its head and becomes kind of fascinating over the space of 20 mins. The Aurene cinematic in Jahai choked me up a bit too but im a bit of a sentimental wimp so I'm not sure thats notable.

It was the most fun i've had with an mmo story in a good 15 years or so of playing so just wanted to say a massive kudo's to the people who worked on it. Music for the Kralk fight is 10/10 too so thumbs up to the music person.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Some of S4 has the best LS content. Kourna and Thunderhead were a massive let down for me as was the disaster of a finale story (map was excellent though).

Sandswept, Jahai and most of ep1 more than made up for the downsides though. Plus the big fight in ep5 is an impressive bit of work by the devs. There were some great cutscenes too - esp the Joko one before… before it all went badly wrong.

The trailer for ep2 also remains my fav LS trailer yet

Despite the final episode negative reception, it was great imo. The dogfight with Krakl (epic music too) was fun and show how much gw2's engine is capable of. Beside the colorful ending, it also mean that our character CAN exist and move in cutscenes, something i've wanted more from Anet

While I REALLY wish that Aurene would not have gotten a voice until after she ascended (and even that really only then affected the last episode of season 4), I agree- PoF and LWS4 to me is the high point of the game so far. There were parts of 3 I loved, and HoT had a really cool story but will forever be marred for me because it made me quit my first main because he just couldn’t survive in the jungle, and the base game had some great variety and poignant moments, but yeah- Balthazar, Joko, and Kralkatorrik were the apex of the story so far. Fantastic maps, great visuals, new mounts and mechanics, it just reinvigorated my love for the franchise

Having played through it for the first time, can definitely agree it was the high point of the game's story. Especially the final instance. That was just perfection, and was practically the stage bow to everything up to then. The only way it could have been better would have been if they had somehow combined all the character select screen themes into a single theme that had played during the final battle for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the most fun maps in the game.

Skyscale.

Arguably the best plot in the game's history.

Skyscale.

Joko. As a real person he would be the most loathesome being. As a fictional character, he overshadows all the other villains, both in how horrible and yet funny he is.

Skyscale.

Just the right difficulty for me.

Skyscale.

On 10/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, Caid.4932 said:

Playing this recently i'm just reminded how much I adored this season.

We're on the same boat: my favorite Season by far (The Icebrood Saga could have toppled it had the quality not taken a steep dive after Drizzlewood).

Too bad they fired the head writer for Season 4 (I get the reason, but her work with the team was undeniably fantastic to produce such wonderful results).