[Rant…kinda.] Don’t complain if the map is full.

GoldenPants.1870

So I have been commanding Lab runs for about three days or so, and most of the time it has gone well, but without failure, every single day I get people joining the group saying things like “Omg delist if u r full commander” 

“omg cant join delist now”

”ommmgggg its full take group off lfg,”

Why do people behave like this, do they think we are going to/want to take the LFG down and up each time someone leaves, or know exactly when the map is full, like we are supposed to focus more on that than getting ToT bags ourselves ?, why are people so incredibly lazy they go to write out something like that (or nastier), instead of just leaving and trying another group ? It’s really getting on my nerves when I am just trying to run a loot train stuff like that happens.

Just needed to get this off my chest because it is really starting to tick me off.

Edited by GoldenPants.1870
Spelling because I am 10 iq.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I doubt they've put much thought into it at all, certainly not considering how frequently people join and leave Lab farming groups and therefore how often the commander would need to remove and replace the listing. They're just frustrated they can't get into a group and found an easy way to vent that frustration which, if they think about it at all, they may be able to tell themselves is actually helping by letting you know the map is full.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I doubt they've put much thought into it at all, certainly not considering how frequently people join and leave Lab farming groups and therefore how often the commander would need to remove and replace the listing. They're just frustrated they can't get into a group and found an easy way to vent that frustration which, if they think about it at all, they may be able to tell themselves is actually helping by letting you know the map is full.

Yeah I checked around a bit yesterday, I would need to delist and relist the group every 3-5 minutes if I was to delist it when the map got full. But even then there are people not in squad so even then it might be even more frequent, it’s just a frustrating thing to experience as a Lab commander, people expecting you to be some sort of immaculate robot that caters to their whims and wishs with the snap of a finger.

Yes, I am tilted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The only thing I complain about is when Commanders don't put themselves into Subgroup 2 so that people who newly join will know which instance to join. That's what ticks me off. 😉 Like, "Sure, let me try everyone in the squad until I get to the correct instance by chance, why don't you?"

29 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Yes, I am tilted.

Understandable. I had that happen as Commander during FotFW a couple of times: "F***ing idiot Commander! Keeps putting his [<--assuming gender, too!] squad into LFG even when the map is full. *insert several other insults*"
(I put it into LFG everytime I noticed many people leaving the map once they were done with their dailies.)

The general tone in this game is growing more and more disrespectful and rude by the year. :classic_unsure:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The only thing I complain about is when Commanders don't put themselves into Subgroup 2 so that people who newly join will know which instance to join. That's what ticks me off. 😉 Like, "Sure, let me try everyone in the squad until I get to the correct instance by chance, why don't you?"

Understandable. I had that happen as Commander during FotFW a couple of times: "F***ing idiot Commander! Keeps putting his [<--assuming gender, too!] squad into LFG even when the map is full. *insert several other insults*"
(I put it into LFG everytime I noticed many people leaving the map once they were done with their dailies.)

The general tone in this game is growing more and more disrespectful and rude by the year. :classic_unsure:

Yeah, I always put myself in squad 2, because I know how annoying it is to look through 20+ players to find the teeny tiny commander icon out of all those names.

But yeah as I said most of the time I am having a fun time with the trains I am running but these type of people absolutley comes in like an unfun wrecking ball.

• Like 1

This is defo Anet's problem to fix. It would surely be easy for them to ghost out squads which are presently full. Yet instead we have this challenge every year. 

When you're working your way thru 20 squads and every one is full, no wonder people can get ticked off. 

So mebbe blame the messengers a bit less?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

This is defo Anet's problem to fix. It would surely be easy for them to ghost out squads which are presently full. Yet instead we have this challenge every year. 

When you're working your way thru 20 squads and every one is full, no wonder people can get ticked off. 

So mebbe blame the messengers a bit less?

I mean sure but, why do they hurl abuse on the commander then ? If they are putting the blame on me then I will shift it back on them, it’s not fun being yelled at for trying to help people, why did they join my squad with 20 or so, and not the other 7-10 man squads I always see ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah I get how annoying this can be as well.

It actually begs why there hasn't been a QOL update to add a marker or something as simple as changing the colour of the LFG post when that particular map is full.
I'm sure Anet would be able to add something like that to make the LFG a lot more convenient to use.

We have a queue system for WvW too, why not add one to PvE specifically via the LFG?
This particular map is full would you like to queue for it? kinda thing.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

why did they join my squad with 20 or so, and not the other 7-10 man squads I always see ?

Squad size doesn't necessarily correlate with map fullness. You're often as likely to find the maps of advertised small squads full as large in Labs, because so many people ride the train without joining. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ah! Players who can't manage to join in the Mad King's Labyrinth instance, which is already full and yet leave such childish messages on commanders. As one of the followers for farming Trick or Treat bags from the Labyrinth, I never complain about the full instance. Should the instance I intend to enter be full,  I look for other instances on LFG system and join in the instances, which contain less than 10 players or not over than 25 ones (It is not always possible to enter. In rare cases, there is another squad, seperated from another in the same instance). If there is no squad available on the LFG system, I wander around there, beat some demons, play hide and seek with Mr. Steve, holding his huge Texas chainsaw and look for another squad on it again. There is no point to complain about the full instance at all.

Edited by Sylvia.4870
  • Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 5:54 AM, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Why do people behave like this, do they think we are going to/want to take the LFG down and up each time someone leaves, or know exactly when the map is full, like we are supposed to focus more on that than getting ToT bags ourselves ?, why are people so incredibly lazy they go to write out something like that (or nastier), instead of just leaving and trying another group ? It’s really getting on my nerves when I am just trying to run a loot train stuff like that happens.

It is usually a good practice (for years) to write in squad-chat when the map is full. It is a nice thing to help others, not a complain. So the comm can remove the group from LFG which would also be a nice thing so other players, that look for a group, do not have to wade through dozens of groups were they cannot join the map.

However, the lab farm seems different to the rest of the game and some comms for the lab farm are some kind of special snowflake and behave different, or maybe do not know this and so I never bothered to write "map full" in lab farm LFGs the few times I looked into the LFG for this.

Should Anet solve this in the LFG with a toggle switch like "don't show groups in full maps"? Definitely!

But not having a switch like this is no excuse for being rude or selfish.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

It is usually a good practice (for years) to write in squad-chat when the map is full. It is a nice thing to help others, not a complain. So the comm can remove the group from LFG which would also be a nice thing so other players, that look for a group, do not have to wade through dozens of groups were they cannot join the map.

I mean this is not feasible considering people join and leave all the time, it’s not reasonable at all to remove the group when someome join and then remove the group when it gets full if people leave and join constantly.

Which they do.

Not to mention people not in squad but in map.

6 hours ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

Ah! Players who can't manage to join in the Mad King's Labyrinth instance, which is already full and yet leave such childish messages on commanders. As one of the followers for farming Trick or Treat bags from the Labyrinth, I never complain about the full instance. Should the instance I intend to enter be full,  I look for other instances on LFG system and join in the instances, which contain less than 10 players or not over than 25 ones (It is not always possible to enter. In rare cases, there is another squad, seperated from another in the same instance). If there is no squad available on the LFG system, I wander around there, beat some demons, play hide and seek with Mr. Steve, holding his huge Texas chainsaw and look for another squad on it again. There is no point to complain about the full instance at all.

If only everyone did what you did. Would be much better.

10 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

We have a queue system for WvW too, why not add one to PvE specifically via the LFG?
This particular map is full would you like to queue for it? kinda thing.

That would be absolutley spectacular. Would prevent this, that’s for sure.

7 hours ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

Squad size doesn't necessarily correlate with map fullness. You're often as likely to find the maps of advertised small squads full as large in Labs, because so many people ride the train without joining. 

Yeah, which makes knowing when the map is full or not quite literally impossible.

• Like 3

Yeah, people can be annoying. I've faced similar things. Sometimes when I try to put up a group into Central Tyria Squads LFG, clearly labeled as NOT being for the silverwastes, people flood my squad and expect me to run them around silverwastes. They ignore the LFG description, the squad message, and what I say in chat. So now I report everyone who does that because I'm pretty sure that they're all bots.

Then there was that one commander who refused to put himself into subgroup 2. He was like "people can figure it out" when I suggested it. He said things like "I'm always the first icon anyway" (i told him he wasn't) or "then i'm always the second icon anyway" (i told him he wasn't), then he just brushed me off and said that the people joining were smart enough to know which map he was on. That's not how it works! It has nothing to do with intelligence when you're randomly joining people's instances! He didn't even list his IP anywhere, so there was no way to check if you were in the right instance except to find his squad icon amongst everyone else's or check the tags on your map. That guy should never command anything again.

• Like 2

I see the needless, salty hate as part and parcel of having a tag in the first place. It's like anything else in life - once you put the management hat on, you become a magnet for everything that goes wrong with other people's day.

But I agree with the three main sentiments I see in the thread:

1. the salty whispers are pointless and frustrating,
  2. ANet should really do something about automatically identifying squads that are in full maps, and
  3. there are plenty of ways to get some quality Lab time in outside of riding a train.
  • Like 2