Who Is Dragonhunter The Redheaded Stepchild.

WizardBro.4510

I don't understand how other classes get such great changes for pvp while dragonhunters only notable good change was longbow 5 cast time. Longbow 3 remains impossible to land unless you're playing against oneone with the reaction speed of a sloth same goes for spear of justice. Can we just buff the cast time on some of these spells that are just painfully bad now when every other class is twice as viable as dragonhunter. 

Smite condition. Why was this nerfed so hard even when I cleanse conditions with it the damage is basically the same why is there even a damage with or without conditions text when the damage is so negligible it leaves the question to why it was nerfed at all. 
Some of the design choices for dragon hunter just feel so nail in the coffin compared to every other class in spvp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, WizardBro.4510 said:

I don't understand how other classes get such great changes for pvp while dragonhunters only notable good change was longbow 5 cast time. Longbow 3 remains impossible to land unless you're playing against oneone with the reaction speed of a sloth same goes for spear of justice. Can we just buff the cast time on some of these spells that are just painfully bad now when every other class is twice as viable as dragonhunter. 

Smite condition. Why was this nerfed so hard even when I cleanse conditions with it the damage is basically the same why is there even a damage with or without conditions text when the damage is so negligible it leaves the question to why it was nerfed at all. 
Some of the design choices for dragon hunter just feel so nail in the coffin compared to every other class in spvp.

The only time DH should be buff is if trapper rune are removed from the game but for now DH is fine.

55 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

The only thing that would improve DHs would be automatically winning matches, cause the spec is boosted at maximum level

Riiiiiight, that's why it's had zero representation at top level tournaments for the last 6 months, since permeating-wrath got nerfed.

I guess people just don't want to win tournaments? They're intentionally ignoring such an OP spec? Or you know better than the combined consensus of the entire plat3+ community?

Spellbreaker and Mirage are played way more than DH at tournament level. Let's not even mention stuff like Holo or Renegade.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Riiiiiight, that's why it's had zero representation at top level tournaments for the last 6 months, since permeating-wrath got nerfed.

I guess people just don't want to win tournaments? They're intentionally ignoring such an OP spec? Or you know better than the combined consensus of the entire plat3+ community?

Spellbreaker and Mirage are played way more than DH at tournament level. Let's not even mention stuff like Holo or Renegade.

Dh is not used because rev and thief are existing, but it is still a pretty good class/spec

2 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Ragnar I know we have had this conversation before about how ranked and tournaments are completely different environments. 

It is extremely disingenuous of you to imply there is anything weak about DH. When the #1 ranked player says it’s an OP build for ranked and you can literally watch his stream destroying people with it you can’t say there is any sort of consensus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

One thing is Tournaments, another COMPLETELY different is ranked. 

If you know that and argue this, you have no good intention but "win".

If you dont know that, it's a conversation that's not worth it.

Either way, is a no-no talk to me.

PS.: DH is the only class ranged that can tank stuff with 11k hp, do 16k from 1 hit, from stealth, from 1500 range, with 8s cd, has port and incredible mobility.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

One thing is Tournaments, another COMPLETELY different is ranked. 

If you know that and argue this, you have no good intention but "win".

If you dont know that, it's a conversation that's not worth it.

Either way, is a no-no talk to me.

PS.: DH is the only class ranged that can tank stuff with 11k hp, do 16k from 1 hit, from stealth, from 1500 range, with 8s cd, has port and incredible mobility.

Why don't you go and watch Naru and count the number of times each game that he hits TS for 16k.

The average hit lands for about 4-6k.

And you want to talk about debating honestly ^^.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Why don't you go and watch Naru and count the number of times each game that he hits TS for 16k.

True Shot is only a tiny part of the DHs damage potential. The rest is due to his traps...and then there's the abundance of stealth and super speed from using them. TS is not the problem here.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

True Shot is only a tiny part of the DHs damage potential. The rest is due to his traps...and then there's the abundance of stealth and super speed from using them. TS is not the problem here.

Yeah, that's great, but not relevant. Because anjo said "16k from 1 hit".

How is this difficult for you to follow? Anjo says "16k from 1 hit", I say "no, it doesn't", this is basic language you're struggling with.

You've already gone in this thread from confirmation bias, to hyperbole, to moving the goalposts. Would it not be easier to just admit you're wrong on this?

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Yeah, that's great, but not relevant. Because anjo said "16k from 1 hit".

How is this difficult for you to follow? Anjo says "16k from 1 hit", I say "no, it doesn't", this is basic language you're struggling with.

You've already gone in this thread from confirmation bias, to hyperbole, to moving the goalposts. Would it not be easier to just admit you're wrong on this?

I mean if the target had 25 stacks of vul and the DH has some might and some modifiers in i can see 10k+ maybe even that 16k number a warrior hit me for 13k on my thief with no vul on me i'm not sure if which is stronger true shot or kill shot tbh tho.

Edited by Genesis.5169

7 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I mean if the target had 25 stacks of vul and the DH has some might and some modifiers in i can see 10k+ maybe even that 16k number a warrior hit me for 13k on my thief with no vul on me i'm not sure if which is stronger true shot or kill shot tbh tho.

It's theoretically possible, but that's not the same as it being a regular occurrence.

23 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Average? 7k... On ONE skill

10k+ I see A LOT on his streams.

The DH dmg is pepega and they have everything but high hp

• Like 2

It doesn't matter if you "dont see DH in MATS"

Guardian (specifically dragon hunter in this thread) has always been a zero skill class.

Your traps eat through evades, your F1 if you land it the first time eats through evades AND IT'S FAST + GUARDIAN BAITS DODGES SO EASY, you have decent aegis/block spam vs burst, you have okay cleanse. What more do you want, this spec takes no skill no matter how you build it.

People were saying Turret Engi wasn't good until a bunch of people back in the day played it in a tournament. To make dragonhunter work in MAT you have to make it play like a thief and have a bunch of Necros to strip stability and you just gank, it wouldn't even be that hard.

Guardian takes no skill no matter how you build it, stop complaining about how your life is hard just because nobody picked your class in an MAT.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

It doesn't matter if you "dont see DH in MATS"

Guardian (specifically dragon hunter in this thread) has always been a zero skill class.

Your traps eat through evades, your F1 if you land it the first time eats through evades AND IT'S FAST + GUARDIAN BAITS DODGES SO EASY, you have decent aegis/block spam vs burst, you have okay cleanse. What more do you want, this spec takes no skill no matter how you build it.

People were saying Turret Engi wasn't good until a bunch of people back in the day played it in a tournament. To make dragonhunter work in MAT you have to make it play like a thief and have a bunch of Necros to strip stability and you just gank, it wouldn't even be that hard.

Guardian takes no skill no matter how you build it, stop complaining about how your life is hard just because nobody picked your class in an MAT.

its not even his class, as guardian is on every team.
god forbid every guard spec wasnt broken

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

Funny, I was not aware that 7 = 16.

Interesting how you've gone from 16k to 7k isn't it.

Almost like you also know that your claim of 16k is BS, but you can't bring yourself to say the words.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

Here, to help you out, I took Naru's first game from yesterday's stream, just the first game I came across on DH.

He casts TS 21 times.

8 of them are negated (evade/blind/block/invuln/obstruct)

2 of them are into stealth enemies, impossible to see if they connected and if they did how much damage

So that leaves 11 hits.

The average of those 11 hits is 4755 damage.

The highest hit was 7260 damage

The lowest hit was 1108 damage

But hey, I know you're not really here to debate facts, you just want to vent about enemies who do "a bazillion gajillion damage while perma-invuln".

For reference, the first match in this video: 

Cast  
Evade  
Block  
3499 Non-crit
Stealth – unknown  
Stealth – unknown  
1108 Non-crit
3078 Crit
Blind  
Reflect  
4721 Crit
Obstructed  
Block  
Evade  
4371 Crit
6024 Crit
6557 Crit
3935 Crit
6056 Crit
Invuln  
7260 Crit
5698 Crit
Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

We've been asking for a longbow buff/rework since the HoT nerf to DH 🙂

Stealth trap DH and heal support core are your only two options for Guardians in PvP imo after the burn nerfs. You can make them work well with the right playstyle and team, but sad to see diversity of builds reduced to this level.

2 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Your traps eat through evades, your F1 if you land it the first time eats through evades AND IT'S FAST + GUARDIAN BAITS DODGES SO EASY

Core Guard has always been a simpler spec to play in PvP. But a good FB takes skill, maybe you weren't around for the FB meta. 

Just say you've gotten trashed by some Guards lately and go because you clearly don't know when to use your dodges and evades. Post nerf DH builds barely punish you for messing these up, and you can literally walk out of half of DH AoE casts and not get hit.