Something to ponder: Second Generation legendaries

Chapell.1346

9 hours ago, Zentao.6314 said:

I have ~400 hours and:
- unlocked every mounts (including the Skyscale)
- 99 mastery points
- all available areas unlocked (not 100% tho because of hearts)
- 2 crafting at lvl400
- 4 characters at lvl80 (2 will be 80 soon)

And this is only with:
- Path of Fire
- Living World 4

I'm not even touched these yet:
- Living World 2
- Heart of Thorns
- Living World 3
- Raids
- Fractals
- Dungeons

You doing something very very wrong.

And I'm a casual player too.

Well you cant earn mastery points by chatting in LA or idle farming queensdale.

And that seem to be were the poster you reply to draw the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/22/2021 at 1:25 AM, genjonah.1253 said:

I am firmly against any legendary gear being able to be bought

In my stand, i see response of pattern trying to derail the subject and not contributing when being ask.

Focus, and stay awake; never i ever mention gears, lets stay on legendary Weapon(s).

On 10/22/2021 at 1:25 AM, genjonah.1253 said:

alternate ways that STILL require SIGNIFICANT account bound playtime? Sure, by all means make more Fractal, Raid, PvP/WvW paths. Go for it

Its very unlikely seeing how other modes has their issue; again 11k hours of gameplay experience (overtime not included).

• Confused 3

56 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

What's wrong with current gens?

nothing. I  like having stuff to work on. 

It's more the point of how much they will dumb it down to make it 'less grindy' 

Because seriously, no one seems to want to do anything in this game. 

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

Its very unlikely seeing how other modes has their issue;

So, you want to be able to get legendary weapons without having to put effort in any of the game modes? So, basically, without putting any effort at all? I'm sorry, but, while i am usually the first to support casual paths for many things (including legendaries), i still think there's a certain minimum required. And what you propose is not only below that, but even below basic decency level.

again 11k hours of gameplay experience (overtime not included).

So, if you're against having to put effort in any of the existing modes, where exactly did you get those 11k hours in?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

In my stand, i see response of pattern trying to derail the subject and not contributing when being ask.

Focus, and stay awake; never i ever mention gears, lets stay on legendary Weapon(s).

Its very unlikely seeing how other modes has their issue; again 11k hours of gameplay experience (overtime not included).

Gear includes weapons. And as others have pointed out, 11k hours of gameplay without these legendary gear shows extreme lack of focus/intent. That fault is on the individual, not the game or design. I have less than that myself in time, I have 5/6 legendary trinkets, a full armor set, and 6 weapons, 3 of which are second Gen, and even the first Gen ones I built, I did not buy

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

see @ArenaNet Marketing Test.40; how long will you forsake and torment me? 😢

let me remind you again that the Game needs more Gold sink.

Just a bit of quick wiki/TP math. To purchase all the Gen 1 Legendary Weapons, at present values at the point of this post, it would cost approximately 46,550G. That is quite sufficient of a gold sink in itself. But if that isn't enough for you and you deeply desire to throw more gold at the game, you are welcome to make every Gen 2 Legendary Weapon, purchasing each component instead of farming. You will just be slowed a bit with the necessity to acquire the clovers. STILL not enough gold sink? Why don't you considering the Gold to Gems feature and buy every account upgrade Anet offers on the gem store? Once you have all those, perhaps buy all ~71 character slots and unlock all character bound options for each one. Then you could dig into buying every single skin available through the gem store. Need I go on? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

Just a bit of quick wiki/TP math. To purchase all the Gen 1 Legendary Weapons, at present values at the point of this post, it would cost approximately 46,550G. That is quite sufficient of a gold sink in itself. But if that isn't enough for you and you deeply desire to throw more gold at the game, you are welcome to make every Gen 2 Legendary Weapon, purchasing each component instead of farming. You will just be slowed a bit with the necessity to acquire the clovers. STILL not enough gold sink? Why don't you considering the Gold to Gems feature and buy every account upgrade Anet offers on the gem store? Once you have all those, perhaps buy all ~71 character slots and unlock all character bound options for each one. Then you could dig into buying every single skin available through the gem store. Need I go on? 

I think the real issue being vaguely complained about is the gift of the jungle/desert requirements. The thing that requires actual time and playing content and what really is restricting things to being account bound (elegy mosaics, map completion, crystalline ingots, etc.)

which, personally, is a feature I think should be more heavily leaned on to create legendaries to further stop it from being purchased out (I would rather it cost the equivalent in extra fulgurite/elegy to replace the mystic clover/coin count just to further differentiate those who have them vs those who credit card their way to ‘victory’, but that’s just me)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I think the real issue being vaguely complained about is the gift of the jungle/desert requirements. The thing that requires actual time and playing content and what really is restricting things to being account bound (elegy mosaics, map completion, crystalline ingots, etc.)

which, personally, is a feature I think should be more heavily leaned on to create legendaries to further stop it from being purchased out (I would rather it cost the equivalent in extra fulgurite/elegy to replace the mystic clover/coin count just to further differentiate those who have them vs those who credit card their way to ‘victory’, but that’s just me)

For myself, I have no issue with people being able to use their CC to obtain legendary weapons, and wouldn't even object to expanding that potential to other comparable items whether Gen 2 weapons or whatnot.  Those folks help financially support Anet which in turn allows me to keep playing my favorite game. 🙂

However I personally would love to see either an alternative to mystic clovers, or some option to acquire clovers that is not so hard limited on time. Either clovers or whatever other option ought to be obtainable at a rate that is solely limited by content completion and not raw days/weeks the way that clovers are. 

But that is a digression from the OP's point. I was simply responding to the most recent complaint that the game needs more "Gold Sink" and highlighting the fact that such a blanket declaration overlooks a large spectrum of options. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

see @ArenaNet Marketing Test.40; how long will you forsake and torment me? 😢

Hold on ... where are the evidence for these claims? If the game needs more gold sink (and that's still to be confirmed), why have you concluded that should make Gen2 Leg Weapons purchasable? Where is the gold sink even if this happens considering that you would simply be purchasing off the TP from another player? Do you think that the 15% tax on selling Gen 2 leg weapons is really a solution to whatever 'needing gold sinks' you claim the game requires?

Seems like you don't have alot of answers for the relevant questions people are asking you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Is there any point to this thread? A single constructive element that is worth discussing? OP seems to struggle with the futility of his proposition, let alone the English language (I suspect Google Translate or some such, but still) and doesn't seem to be open to valid criticism.

This thread is the only excuse to use the confused emoji without stating a reason.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Is there any point to this thread? A single constructive element that is worth discussing? OP seems to struggle with the futility of his proposition, let alone the English language (I suspect Google Translate or some such, but still) and doesn't seem to be open to valid criticism.

This thread is the only excuse to use the confused emoji without stating a reason.

Mike, why are you trying to insert logic and reason into a perfectly good snarl of confusion and fake outrage? But since you have, do you have a logical reason for expecting a forum thread to make sense? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

Mike, why are you trying to insert logic and reason into a perfectly good snarl of confusion and fake outrage? But since you have, do you have a logical reason for expecting a forum thread to make sense? 😄

Point taken. I withdraw myself from this thread.

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, Chapell.1346 said:

selling it cost the seller some gems while the buyer will be place into a fair and reasonable cost that could be a win-win on the middle ground

Here is an another wild idea that can be leech upon; while making them item serial i.d number based on its current Creator as unique as possible, in allegiance why not sell it thru NCoin and replace the Gems needed? since Gold sink is quite the disclosure to handle in public(e.g afk and server side farming be it hands on or not).

9 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

see @ArenaNet Marketing Test.40; how long? will you forsake and torment me? 😢

added an additional sign to emphasize Commitment rather than Confusion Condition that can do more damage based

on stacking intensity.

37 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

You would be better asking in reddit not here op the main posters here are too bias for changes.

going elsewhere would be like, talking to a person that has multiple account and personality (not saying it cannot happen here) its just that the official forum has its own usage apart from people that having difficulties showing their true color when something has been brought up which is record of logs from wherever or whatever server hardware that is.

• Confused 6

9 hours ago, Chapell.1346 said:

Here is an another wild idea that can be leech upon; while making them item serial i.d number based on its current Creator as unique as possible, in allegiance why not sell it thru NCoin and replace the Gems needed? since Gold sink is quite the disclosure to handle in public(e.g afk and server side farming be it hands on or not).

Wait, is this another NFT ad thread in disguise?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Perhaps people didn't notice that, i am a possible second generation Legendary buyer since i don't want to get into all the process needed cause of reason that can be found if you read me properly.

i get why some of you is/was trying to (forgive the empathy based on wording) wet their armpit by derailing the subject but still, i don't see any other suggestion or alternative that is much better than what has been written.

again; i am well aware on what is and what is not, that is why, item serial numbers based on their Creator are very much crucial systematically to provide or to back up their originality/legitimacy, since i can understand of the basic mmorpg marketing across all multiverse that revolves around anonymity until they succeed. that is if item generation (direct purchase to the Management) is a, No. 

• Confused 5

40 minutes ago, Chapell.1346 said:

cause of reason that can be found if you read me properly.

Laziness?

Not a reason to dumb the game down, just because you don't want to do stuff, but still want the rewards.

40 minutes ago, Chapell.1346 said:

any other suggestion or alternative that is much better than what has been written.

What's with the idea some people seem to have, that there always has to be "some alternative" for the end goal they want? If your idea doesn't make much sense in the first place or is simply undesirable then nobody needs to meet you halfway. Want the rewards? Play the game. Want to suppor the game? Use gemstore for skins. It's just that simple.

So the better suggestion or alternative is the current state of acquiring legendary gear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2