Ranger EoD

GhandiBot.6257

This? 

They did say though "Hammer keeps people dazed & off balanace" so from what they've said here, I'm already imagining Hammer/Greatsword CC machine. Nothing gonna be able to decap that unless you 2v1 it.

More than likely will result in Marks/Wilderness/Untamed. With so much CC the Marks mods will be triggering left & right. Yeah, this might actually be OP side node duelist.

Calling it now.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This? 

They did say though "Hammer keeps people dazed & off balanace" so from what they've said here, I'm already imagining Hammer/Greatsword CC machine. Nothing gonna be able to decap that unless you 2v1 it.

More than likely will result in Marks/Wilderness/Untamed. With so much CC the Marks mods will be triggering left & right. Yeah, this might actually be OP side node duelist.

Calling it now.

After watching the preview, I do not like how they made it. Almost all new stuff has to trade in something for the new spec mechanic, but ranger gets a bonus button again and it is just Ranger ++ with fixed pet menu. The way it is set up it will be OP and it will nerf core ranger traitlines.     

• Like 2

Can't wait to 1v5 kids with this spec.

If that hammer provides a lot of CC, a meta spec will likely look like Hammer/Greatsword and bring Spike Trap for the extra AoE CC to fill in any gap in CDs between Hammer/Greatsword. You'll also want to bring pets with a lot of CC. This spec will be able to perma juggle anything in a 1v1 on node, outside of things with pulsing Stab like a FT Engi or Lich. And keep in mind Marks mods that activate while CCing opponent will constantly be triggering. This spec may have enough CC to make Ranger actually good in team fights.

This elite spec will likely release in an OP state unless they pay attention to this thread NOW and double check the CC output before release.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It looks way overtuned for spvp, but I think it will work well for WvW zergs as well. I was thinking Marks/BM/UT, because the bonuses from BM are too good to pass up. You can blink in the pet and land bursts reliably with it (theoretically, we'll find out next week). Regarding condis, you lose 1 when swapping the class mechanic, 1 with cleansing sigil, and a full condi wipe with the cantrip which is nuts. With all the dps and CC pressure you can put out, I dont think more cleansing will be needed. 

Edited by nerva.7940

Is one of the few New specs which actually looks promising for PvP (most of them look weak) and has good synergies between the spec traitline and the weapon and skills given.

Could be op? Yes, but better a new adition which shakes the meta for some months that a full release of 9 specs which remains useless in PvP for 2+ years as happened with the Renegade in PoF...

Edited by Buran.3796

literally noone was playing hammer warrior in pvp, and Anet come along and utterly obliterate it in feb2020

because apparently hammer isn't allowed to be a thing.

now here we are and they're adding OP hammer specs to the game...

but leaving warrior hammer utterly useless.

c'mon Anet, even from you this is puzzling.

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Thanks 3

I'd reserve judgement until we see the PvP numbers and get to try it out.

Everyone was losing their kitten when the Willbender demo dropped about how OP it was gonna be, look how that turned out.

Still, definitely looks like the only spec so far that I'm actually looking forward to trying in PvP.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I'd reserve judgement until we see the PvP numbers and get to try it out.

Everyone was losing their kitten when the Willbender demo dropped about how OP it was gonna be, look how that turned out.

Still, definitely looks like the only spec so far that I'm actually looking forward to trying in PvP.

it seriously lacked damage and CC. Untamed doesnt.

12 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

literally noone was playing hammer warrior in pvp, and Anet come along and utterly obliterate it in feb2020

because apparently hammer isn't allowed to be a thing.

now here we are and they're adding OP hammer specs to the game...

but leaving warrior hammer utterly useless.

c'mon Anet, even from you this is puzzling.

Support warrior with Hammer was actually a thing, but they nerfed tactics this year too

It really makes me laugh that 2 classes get hammer in next expansion. One thats probably gonna be OP hammer spec, and the other thats like a hammer spec with additional chromosome.

Typical ANet, ranger favourite child and ele miraculously still not deleted after 9 years.
kek

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Widmo.3186 said:

It really makes me laugh that 2 classes get hammer in next expansion. One thats probably gonna be OP hammer spec, and the other thats like a hammer spec with additional chromosome.

Typical ANet, ranger favourite child and ele miraculously still not deleted after 9 years.
kek

Favourite child that doesn't even have competitive build outside of soloQ gameplay? Are teams with Rangers dominating tournament scene or what?

Watching reveal stream made me extremly emotional. Look at Specter and then look at Druid. Not even funny... and don't come at me with raid argument, when its irrevelant game mode probably played by 3-5% playerbase at best.

Edited by Morwath.9817

20 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Favourite child that doesn't even have competitive build outside of soloQ gameplay? Are teams with Rangers dominating tournament scene or what?

Watching reveal stream made me extremly emotional. Look at Specter and then look at Druid. Not even funny... and don't come at me with raid argument, when its irrevelant game mode probably played by 3-5% playerbase at best.

?
Outside of soloq gameplay, which is 90% of the gameplay you have in gw2 spvp? I dont remember time during PoF that you could say ranger was in a bad state, its either good or meta. Its not a level of necro, but definetly as a ranger I wouldnt cry. Tournaments are another story as an actually team based game.

Wow, druid, ohmygoditssobad. Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Core Ele? Or just ele in general, go and check how 99% of the patches go, and then look at Catalyst and compare it even to your beloved Druid. And I wont come to you with raid argument because Im not a pve lad and I havent done a single one since wing1 release during HoT, cleared day 1 with random pugs because of laughable level of complexity compared to FF14 or WoW pve. Although, the so called "irrelevant mode" might be on the same level as sPvP, since it gets more balance attention from devs than PvP and population is not so great in either of those modes.

Edited by Widmo.3186

Ele is in much better state than Warrior *shrug* with Weaver being more than playable (a bit worse than Ranger probably). Certainly Tempest (like Druid, Scrouge or Fireband) need a buffs for his team based utility to be closer to core Guardian (more healing and boon duration to others, but not themselves perhaps), so we would get more options with similar performance than just one. I guess one can dream.

4 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Ele is in much better state than Warrior *shrug* with Weaver being more than playable (a bit worse than Ranger probably). Certainly Tempest (like Druid, Scrouge or Fireband) need a buffs for his team based utility to be closer to core Guardian (more healing and boon duration to others, but not themselves perhaps), so we would get more options with similar performance than just one. I guess one can dream.

Nah man, Elementalist is literally unplayable and a downstate class, at least that's what people say outside of the game, while ingame you see them being unkillable while putting infinite pressure 😁

But to be fair, Druid is on a very healthy place IMO. On PvE is directly overpowered and very good (maybe too much) on PvP.

59 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Nah man, Elementalist is literally unplayable and a downstate class, at least that's what people say outside of the game, while ingame you see them being unkillable while putting infinite pressure 😁

But to be fair, Druid is on a very healthy place IMO. On PvE is directly overpowered and very good (maybe too much) on PvP.

Very good in PvP? Druid?

And why on earth would you play Druid in PvP over core Ranger? I think Ancient Seeds is the only reason for decapper, because healing as support is too low level, that with both Lingering Light (+50% healing to others) and Sigil of Transference (+20% healing to others) your Lunar Impact is ~3500 healing for other players and ~2000 for yourself with +healing Amulet. Certainly requires changes, I just hope Druid gets shroud like Specter (it doesn't need to soak damage, just let Druids to use our energy as we please on 10s CD swap or like Holo mode because even if energy building is "ok" for 1v1 its certainly too slow to support other people in team fights).

While ~3500 healing on others may sound "impressive", it means one would need 3x Lunar Impact to outheal one, True Shot and LI has 8s CD (shorter if played around with Quick Draw). Another issue of Druid is lack of boon support for his allies.

With Core being viable 1v1, Soulbeast being damage dealer spec and Untamed incoming, Druid looks like spec in really sad place tbh, if no changes to it will happen.

Edited by Morwath.9817

59 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Very good in PvP? Druid?

And why on earth would you play Druid in PvP over core Ranger? I think Ancient Seeds is the only reason for decapper, because healing as support is too low level, that with both Lingering Light (+50% healing to others) and Sigil of Transference (+20% healing to others) your Lunar Impact is ~3500 healing for other players and ~2000 for yourself with +healing Amulet. Certainly requires changes, I just hope Druid gets shroud like Specter (it doesn't need to soak damage, just let Druids to use our energy as we please on 10s CD swap or like Holo mode because even if energy building is "ok" for 1v1 its certainly too slow to support other people in team fights).

While ~3500 healing on others may sound "impressive", it means one would need 3x Lunar Impact to outheal one, True Shot and LI has 8s CD (shorter if played around with Quick Draw). Another issue of Druid is lack of boon support for his allies.

With Core being viable 1v1, Soulbeast being damage dealer spec and Untamed incoming, Druid looks like spec in really sad place tbh, if no changes to it will happen.

I'm talking about my experience playing against other Druids, I don't play Ranger myself so I can't tell much, but I do know for sure Druid makes a very competent dueler and sidenoder.