sPvP Tier list from the perspective of a Gold 3 Tail Swipe abuser

Arklite.4013

8 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Scourge has seemed like the weaker of the three necro builds, being less able to punish your mistakes than core or reaper and generally more bully-able. Good spellbreakers are rare but they can be really impactful when they are good. The placements were made with the idea that each spec is piloted by competent players.

If it by competent players then Spellbreaker and warrior in general should definitely be lower. I would argue most people player warrior are above average skill level but are pulled down by the class being lack luster 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Nah, scourge really isn't very strong anymore its in a weird spot were it gets bullied 1v1 by a huge number of builds and in team fights its still passable but doesn't really have the damage/sustain/support to make up for an immobile target which can't really do anything on its own. Spellbreaker is a solid duelist which can win or stalemate pretty much anything while being quite good at surviving plus ones thanks to solid mobility.

I agree that spellbreaker is a solid duelist but you often get beat by a player of equal skill level because most specs are just better. As for the mobility I don't see it anymore. So many classes have mobility that warrior isn't really that far ahead.

The list isn’t bad. A few major corrections- core rev is about as strong as meta rev or stronger than renegade and has been for awhile.

core guard is decent for sure but as a support it isn’t S teir. I’d say both symbol guard and support are both A, but nothing on core guard is quite S teir.

other then that not bad, I do think rev and in some cases reaper and ranger could be S. Or at least much more so than guard.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I will stand by that opinion about Dragonhunter and Soulbeast, but fair enough if it is not shared. Holo and Herald being at the back end of A tier would be just as acceptable, personally.

I'm not certain I agree with this either, but I am more open to this than the above. 

You can't seriously think dh is the third strongest spec atm. I refuse to believe it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

I agree that spellbreaker is a solid duelist but you often get beat by a player of equal skill level because most specs are just better. As for the mobility I don't see it anymore. So many classes have mobility that warrior isn't really that far ahead.

I didnt say spellbreaker is god tier, i just said its solid which which is about the same level as scourge at the moment.

4 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

Nah, I know, you are gold3, common mistakes.

When you hit p2 you will see and understand the game for real. 

figure out the best way to spin on the meta-builds that people have been spinning on for about 9 years, or against which ones? Why don't you want to understand that this is just another noose around your neck? When you can't analyze the number of people in the conquest and you'll just play , you will understand that this is the best game.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DomHemingway.8436 said:

figure out the best way to spin on the meta-builds that people have been spinning on for about 9 years, or against which ones? Why don't you want to understand that this is just another noose around your neck? When you can't analyze the number of people in the conquest and just play, you will understand that this is the best game.

I have absolutely no idea what you meant

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

You can't seriously think dh is the third strongest spec atm. I refuse to believe it. 

Its more nuanced  than that.  I don't think I could accurately pin down the third strongest class in the game. The class strengths between the tiers and between the classes in those tiers are in some cases miniscule, and perhaps interchangable. I'd instead read that placement "A tier,  with strong possibility for S."

That being said, I do think the only reason we don't see trapper DH more prominently is because core necro exists, and if necro were to be nerfed  trapper DH and some ranger builds would be more popular.

Where DH sits, it has favorable matchups vs everything below it with some classes like ranger and herald being debatable, but not so much that they would shift its position,  to me.

Humor me though.  Is there any build below it besides some ranger builds that trapper DH is unfavorable against?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Its more nuanced  than that.  I don't think I could accurately pin down the third strongest class in the game. The class strengths between the tiers and between the classes in those tiers are in some cases miniscule, and perhaps interchangable. I'd instead read that placement "A tier,  with strong possibility for S."

That being said, I do think the only reason we don't see trapper DH more prominently is because core necro exists, and if necro were to be nerfed  trapper DH and some ranger builds would be more popular.

Where DH sits, it has favorable matchups vs everything below it with some classes like ranger and herald being debatable, but not so much that they would shift its position,  to me.

Humor me though.  Is there any build below it besides some ranger builds that trapper DH is unfavorable against?

At equal skill level. Dh only really beats warrior 1v1, and even then. Mirage and rev farms you, holo will also win. 

If there's a semi competent soulbeast, mirage, rev or thief in the enemy team you're food. If two or more people focus you down, you're food. The class is only ever good at killing people worse than you. And even then, there are classes that does it faster.

• Like 1

I am curious as to why some people ranked core necro so high in this thread?

I used to play a lot of core necro when it had more corrupts but recently felt it is very low impact, the main thing it does is sort of survives. I feel like reaper is much better at the moment.

Unless you are talking about minion mancer?

Saying scourge is a tier and core war is c tier just shows how delusional most gold warriors are, you farm scourge on core warrior, scourge is absolute garbage.

only thing you can't farm on warrior is mesmer because of power block, dp thief (pistol 4)and ranger(tho I personally think both are equally, but I believe the guys that are better in this match up than me) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Saying scourge is a tier and core war is c tier just shows how delusional most gold warriors are, you farm scourge on core warrior, scourge is absolute garbage.

only thing you can't farm on warrior is mesmer because of power block, dp thief (pistol 4)and ranger(tho I personally think both are equally, but I believe the guys that are better in this match up than me) 

its almost as if warrior is side noder and scourge is a team-fighter. you will kitten on scourge 1v1 and he will kitten on you in XvX
it is how it is.

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I swear to God, in almost every situation is a core war now better than a scourge, I am 100% seriously, in 3vs3 scourge is better and that's it

Can you explain to us what is the difference between 3v3 and teamfight?

10 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Show us on the doll where the warrior touched you.

I saw this moment on stream 😄 Sadly no VOD. 

I might be biased bcoz of watching a lot of warrion streamers. But I feel like to beath anything with warrior you have to be much better than your opponent in terms of mechanic and game knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Can you explain to us what is the difference between 3v3 and teamfight?

I saw this moment on stream 😄 Sadly no VOD. 

I might be biased bcoz of watching a lot of warrion streamers. But I feel like to beath anything with warrior you have to be much better than your opponent in terms of mechanic and game knowledge.

In 3vs3 you can still stack 3 scourge which enables the facetank(the scourge mechanic haha) outside of that is scourge free food, it gets basically by everything farmed