Faccina.5091

> core condi necro with dire set

damage is potato, speed is potato, enemy is full hp and clean im on the floor

> power reaper with zerk set

damage is huge, speed is potato, im on the floor i hit maybe twice

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

switch to ranger

> power soulbeast with marauder set

crit 1k to 2k with longbow 2-4k with greatsword but get 3-7+k crits, speed is sugoi with the 30% passive but DUNDUN almost anyone run away anyway even necros w/o buffs (how someone in combat run away from someone with 30% passive if theres no swift nor signet in the icons?  Mistery)
> condi soulbeast with dire set

3k armor somehow potato damage , potato speed, enemy all clean get 5+k crit anyway, not enough cleanse on the floor i go

> "bunker" soulbeast with marauder set

all passive with protection regen cleanse, stout pet, potato speed cuz no passive but gw swoop+pet and swift on elite, hit 200 to1.5k

try to kill someone they run away cuz potato damage and potato speed

try to run away with dolyak+2swoop+swift get caught somehow in no time

try to kill condi can't stay in range die anyway from condis even with all the passives

try to kill whatever do 1k+ get 7k crits anyway

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

theres no need for relply

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Faccina.5091 said:

If you're going condi, you need Expertise, both for the extra damage and more effective control from Chill/Fear. Try some Trailblazer gear?

23 minutes ago, Faccina.5091 said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

For Reaper roaming, try Rune of Speed and the Flesh Worm teleport thing.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Wherever did you get the idea to use Dire?

I had the brillant idea cuz seems that all spam cleans like theres no tomorrow so expertise is useless and with dire get more def/hp and condi dmg

but meh looks like the only way i can play is by using others as meatshield and hit from behind

• Like 1

>power reaper with marauder set, rune of speed and speed of shadows trait

28k HP + 22k shroud, high cleave damage with close to 100% crit without external support (choose the right traits), great speed and "decent" mobility with spectral walk and entering shroud+SoS for free swiftness, choice for bigger group boonrips (spite) or roaming recovery (blood). No invuln, terrible stab and insufficient stunbreaks but you won't be getting any better from the necro class in general.

>anything core

only good in sPvP, there's no redemption in WvW

On 11/24/2021 at 10:57 PM, Faccina.5091 said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Depends on how you trait your Necro, dire is crap for a necro in wvw anyways unless you are running with a zerg. If you are solo, try trailblazers, you can have more sustain and condi to survive.

Power reaper with zerk set, this isn't PvE. A perma-invis thief will down you in an instant.  Try something with a little more toughness, it might take a hit on damage, but increase your survivability until you get used to it, then swap to zerk. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kron.6938 said:

Depends on how you trait your Necro, dire is crap for a necro in wvw anyways unless you are running with a zerg. If you are solo, try trailblazers, you can have more sustain and condi to survive.

That's not how dire vs trailblazer work. Trailblazer just give you more duration - it gives less sustain and raw condi damage.

The only reason trailblazer would arguably be "better" on the necro is due to long lasting CC basicly being able to shut down enemies (fear/chill/cripple). Well, assuming it sticks or the duration is worthless. Most good enemies cleanse as fast as you can apply.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, Faccina.5091 said:

I had the brillant idea cuz seems that all spam cleans like theres no tomorrow so expertise is useless and with dire get more def/hp and condi dmg

but meh looks like the only way i can play is by using others as meatshield and hit from behind

Core condi necro is mostly a roaming and small skirmish build, not one meant for using in larger fights against opponents with frequent access to condi cleanse because of their size. That said, condi duration isn't entirely a useless stat because it allows you to capitalize on mistakes your opponents make and catch someone out with longer soft ccs like immob and chill and cripple. There was a time in the past when gvg guilds were adding in condi duration for this exact reason despite good access to cleanses.

Edited by Chaba.5410