Love the new legendary amulet.

23 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

One thing that's not been clear to me, but if you've not played through the living world previously, does that mean you have to do it before you can do the "Return to..." achievements?

In other words, do completely new players have to do it twice?

No you get it on your first playthrough too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea that's the other reason why I did a lot of them. I never did them to begin with, so I get the credit twice.

I originally stopped a few DRMs into IBS because of that.

I thought, do I really want to do these any more than I have to?

Edited by Gibson.4036

On 12/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, Mortifera.6138 said:

"forced me to play some content" =/= "just playing the game"

but it's "kinda" sorta basically the same thing 🙄

If you don't want to play the content, don't. You won't get the reward. Problem solved. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

Not to derail the topic or anything, but it felt kindof strange today not having another episode to dive into.  I got so used to Tuesdays being "ok what do I have to do for the LW return this week" day. 

Well I think there is a WvW bones xp event coming up soon, and then Winter's day.

• Like 1

I'll take the goldsink TBH. In the time it took for this amulet to arrive, I've crafted Vision, Aurora and Ad Infinitum almost from scratch (minus skyscale and my initial 300 mystic coin stockpile). That's me being too lazy to actually target-farm gold. This was entirely too long.

Edited by Wintermute.5408
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

This was entirely too long.

But that ignores the fact that from this point on, it will take considerably less time, as you're no longer waiting week-after-week for the next release.

And I'm very happy that new players get this reward; it seems appropriate after playing through each campaign and the Living World that you get a Legendary at the end of the journey.

The rewards previously tied to completing stories (or map completion) were a bit of a let-down.

But this gives you something tangible and useful. It's an excellent end to this phase of your character's story.

Heck, I'd say if you were willing to do the same with multiple characters (full story completion up to the end of IBS), that should be enough to unlock a unique Legendary item every time, giving you another way to unlock a full set.

But I'm also aware that for a lot of angry players, that won't be deemed enough.

• Like 2

IBS was imo best of the replays. Never played corona-chapters with voice before. So it was a huge improvement compared to the first playthrough. The voice-over even managed to solve a few confusions and lose ends for me. In addition, the return-achievements of IBS were the only ones with optional tasks. You were able to select your personal favorites and skip that task you disliked most. We have seen something like that with the meta-achievements of the LW chapters, but in comparison to the previous return-achievements, it just felt so much better. 

Would have liked to have alternatives with the other chapters as well, especially for those who struggled with JPs. Either a more grindy or a more challenging alternative would have been interesting. I hope they keep that in mind when developing future content. From what I have noticed inside the community, this option made a big change. It was also great that those special-tasks were tied to unique rewards, so people still feel motivated to try that content. Even if they already completed the meta-achievement. Good design! Please more of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

But that ignores the fact that from this point on, it will take considerably less time, as you're no longer waiting week-after-week for the next release.

And I'm very happy that new players get this reward; it seems appropriate after playing through each campaign and the Living World that you get a Legendary at the end of the journey.

The rewards previously tied to completing stories (or map completion) were a bit of a let-down.

But this gives you something tangible and useful. It's an excellent end to this phase of your character's story.

Heck, I'd say if you were willing to do the same with multiple characters (full story completion up to the end of IBS), that should be enough to unlock a unique Legendary item every time, giving you another way to unlock a full set.

But I'm also aware that for a lot of angry players, that won't be deemed enough.

For new players this will loop into the need to buy/grind the episodes though. So no, it's not actually shorter in any way, shape or form. Those of us who got the amulet for free payed for it in waiting time. The rest will have to pay in gold/cash anyway, and I'm not sure it will be "cheaper", in gold or in time, than traditional legendaries.

Edited by Wintermute.5408

28 minutes ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

For new players this will loop into the need to buy/grind the episodes though.

I still hold out hope they'll offer for sale a bundle that includes all the Living World episodes too. It seems odd that there's no option for that on the game's store page.

It would make it a lot less confusing for new players. Heck, maybe they'll do that with the Steam release (if it ever materialises 😜)

On 12/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

People frequently complain about the lack of significant reward from story or open world, and this was a nice way to end the Return to seasons.  No gold sink, no time limit it you couldn't do it all each week, just steady progress.  Currently working on a gold sink, no icebrood potions,  so this is quite welcome and a lovely effect.  ❤️

I agree, this was a very welcome path. Also got me to go back and work on story instance achievements I had never bothered with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faridah.8431 said:

I agree, this was a very welcome path. Also got me to go back and work on story instance achievements I had never bothered with.

What would be great is if in EoD when we clear the maps, do metas, or story achievements that we get things like mystic clovers or mystic coins to help make legendaries rather than "Gift of XYZ map."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What would be great is if in EoD when we clear the maps, do metas, or story achievements that we get things like mystic clovers or mystic coins to help make legendaries rather than "Gift of XYZ map."

That would be nice, it would be a higher reward, much like the daily run for Ley Line anomaly.  It would give incentive for more people to participate in metas or story achievements, and help others who are working on them and additional players.