Mythic Weapon Skins

Dear Anet,

Listen - we need to talk. I have been playing since 2012 - love the game, always will. You released probably one of the sexiest weapon skins many moons ago - the mythic weapon skin set, and it matched perfectly with my Guardian. Now as you know, people may say that Raids are the endgame, others will say the WvW or Fractals; but, we all know the TRUE endgame of GW is pure, unadulterated fashion. We talking awesome, beautiful, make people whisper you and ask where you got that fashion wars. Now I have bided my time, and bought every package that has mythic weapon skins... but at this point I must ask...

WHY?!?!

ANET - I will throw money at my screen to just purchase the mythic weapon skins alone. You want 4000 gems, I will give you 4000 games. You want my firstborn - well listen you can't have her but I can settle for like maybe a picture or something. You want my soul - TAKE IT - I teach middle school, I am already soulless. Anet, please, I beg you, I only have 4 unlocked but I NEEEEEEEED the rest for my guardian, for without them he looks less then awesome and the true endgame is delayed forever! How can I expect to enter Cantha looking less then lit, how can you deny me looking phresh AF? No cap - this guardian finna be ready for new expansion with some mythic weapons or he is gonna be hunting some Quaggans 😤

So I implore you, in the name of all the fashion seekers and fashion enthusiasts out there, please just release the mythic set.... or at least release it more often 😅😘

Edit: Further - whoever be making them capes - BRUH. Even my wife - who knows nothing about video games - looks over and says "that's a pretty cool cape" 😅. Point is.... more fashion... and release the mythic weapons to us!

#liberatemythicweapons

edit 2: or, you know, to appease at least me I will take at least 3 mythic boxes please 🤣

Edited by Daedalus Palamaon.8934
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

It's called milking the player base for as much money as possible because ArenaNet is a for-profit company. They know people are willing to spend the money, and even more so if they lock high-demand items behind certain pay walls.  I've made similar requests for other items years ago, including in the original forums. Trust me when I say they will not listen to or grant these kinds of requests. Mythic Weapons will stay exclusive to bundles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Daedalus Palamaon.8934 said:

Edit: Further - whoever be making them capes - BRUH. Even my wife - who knows nothing about video games - looks over and says "that's a pretty cool cape" 😅. Point is.... more fashion... and release the mythic weapons to us!

I'm looking forward to buying shimmering cape and The Dark Matter cape.
The rest isn't that beautiful ;D

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

It's called milking the player base for as much money as possible because ArenaNet is a for-profit company. They know people are willing to spend the money, and even more so if they lock high-demand items behind certain pay walls.  I've made similar requests for other items years ago, including in the original forums. Trust me when I say they will not listen to or grant these kinds of requests. Mythic Weapons will stay exclusive to bundles.

I think the OP is willing to buy whatever bundles come out. The problem is that bundles including this item have not been released enough for any player to get the whole set. There is literally not an opportunity to spend any amount of gems to get all the skins.

Also, OP we need a screenshot of your guardian. You make it sound awesome so we, of course, must see.

Hope you get the rest of your skins 🙂

• Like 1

I think its a good idea, the point of a bundle is to save money, but some might not want the outfit and that could be losing a sale as well. Any money not taken is money lost. 

I think being able to buy weapon skin alone is a reasonable request.

Based off current prices of weapon skins 
700 gems per weapon 
Bundled all 16 weapon skins, 8000 gems (would make it discounted 500 gems per weapon) 

Edited by Walle.6045
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you purchase the current bundle on offer?

10000% - need those mythic weapons XD

5 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I think the OP is willing to buy whatever bundles come out. The problem is that bundles including this item have not been released enough for any player to get the whole set. There is literally not an opportunity to spend any amount of gems to get all the skins.

Also, OP we need a screenshot of your guardian. You make it sound awesome so we, of course, must see.

Hope you get the rest of your skins 🙂

Oh - I did not know there was a skin tax on the forums 😅. Not the most recent image (or best), but this is what my guardian looks like right now. I have recently swapped the gauntlets for more "real" ones, but the main thing is the Flameseeker shield and the right eye with the blue flame and scar.

https://imgur.com/a/HgGHH4p

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, getting closer; there's been 10 on offer so far, including the one on offer today. 

I may have missed a few 😒

5 hours ago, Walle.6045 said:

I think its a good idea, the point of a bundle is to save money, but some might not want the outfit and that could be losing a sale as well. Any money not taken is money lost. 

I think being able to buy weapon skin alone is a reasonable request.

Based off current prices of weapon skins 
700 gems per weapon 
Bundled all 16, 8000 gems (would make it discounted 500 gems per weapon) 

I'd be willing to pay 2.5k gems for a bundle of 5 Mythic Weapons chest at this point over the current way they are doing things with the outfit bundles. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Daedalus Palamaon.8934 said:

10000% - need those mythic weapons XD

Oh - I did not know there was a skin tax on the forums 😅. Not the most recent image (or best), but this is what my guardian looks like right now. I have recently swapped the gauntlets for more "real" ones, but the main thing is the Flameseeker shield and the right eye with the blue flame and scar.

https://imgur.com/a/HgGHH4p

I may have missed a few 😒

Nice look! If you run into a doppleganger it is, of course, not me 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What frustrates me is that the mythic weapons, capes, mounts, gliders, certain armor sets, etc., can only be purchased with gems. I don’t mind that they can be purchased with gems, or through items or gold that can be purchased with gems, but the fact that there is no way of playing the game to earn these items seems like a lost opportunity for folks that would rather earn these items by playing the game. Purchasing items is less rewarding to me, even though I still have several purchased items because no other way of getting them… 

You can argue that this is how Anet makes money, but I’m certain a lot of players would still opt to buy with gems, and they could still provide items as content rewards for players that were never going to buy these items with gems in the first place.

I realize you can buy gems with gold, and can grind for gold, but I’m thinking it would be more rewarding to do achievements to obtain these items. Seems like Anet could provide more meaningful content to a larger player base this way. Achievement hunting for items (and titles) is a thing for a lot of players.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Monarc.9726 said:

What frustrates me is that the mythic weapons, capes, mounts, gliders, certain armor sets, etc., can only be purchased with gems. I don’t mind that they can be purchased with gems, or through items or gold that can be purchased with gems, but the fact that there is no way of playing the game to earn these items seems like a lost opportunity for folks that would rather earn these items by playing the game. Purchasing items is less rewarding to me, even though I still have several purchased items because no other way of getting them… 

You can argue that this is how Anet makes money, but I’m certain a lot of players would still opt to buy with gems, and they could still provide items as content rewards for players that were never going to buy these items with gems in the first place.

I realize you can buy gems with gold, and can grind for gold, but I’m thinking it would be more rewarding to do achievements to obtain these items. Seems like Anet could provide more meaningful content to a larger player base this way. Achievement hunting for items (and titles) is a thing for a lot of players.

In what way is grinding achievement points for skins any better than grinding gold for skins? I mean the gold grind option allows greater freedom in pursuing the goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

What about a new set of 6 pieces of Mythic armor? (unisex/uniweight)

So ANet can sell a pack with: 1 box of Mythic armor (1 piece) + 1 box of Mythic weapon... 😁

Or.... or and hear me out Anet - why not a mythic weapon set.... where it can be like... 4000 gems for all of them 😆

48 minutes ago, Daedalus Palamaon.8934 said:

Or.... or and hear me out Anet - why not a mythic weapon set.... where it can be like... 4000 gems for all of them 😆

Stop it with these great ideas 🤣 I'd consider buying that, actually, until I pulled out my credit card and remember it can't take the weight... My last expendable cash went went to the Lord of the Rings looking cape and quiver and I really shouldn't have. Worth it! But I shouldn't have. I could buy mythic skins if they were sold seperately and only on occasion. They are pretty!

On 12/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Selling skins to generate profit for a company - which give no purchasable benefit over any freely obtained skin - is not milking the playerbase.

Milking the player base would be selling buffs, enhancements, significant gear progression in order to be relevant or compete with other players, subscriptions that offer unfair advantages, etc. 

If you tried literally any Asian MMO you would truely understand what milking the playerbase is. I can assure you if you spend time in any of them you will understand and appreciate the way their gemstone works. Heck, if you convert enough gold you can straight up buy the items without spending real cash..  

You buy the game and you own it.. there is no paid subscription, you can get all unbreakable gathering tools over time through key runs, they give out free gemstone items frequently, gold can be converted to gems.. it's one of the best models for an MMO in the players favour - this is at Anets expense because they aren't generating anywhere near the income they could if they operated like any other MMO. There are many flaws in the system but greed on their part is not one of them. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Selling skins to generate profit for a company - which give no purchasable benefit over any freely obtained skin - is not milking the playerbase.

Milking the player base would be selling buffs, enhancements, significant gear progression in order to be relevant or compete with other players, subscriptions that offer unfair advantages, etc. 

If you tried literally any Asian MMO you would truely understand what milking the playerbase is. I can assure you if you spend time in any of them you will understand and appreciate the way their gemstone works. Heck, if you convert enough gold you can straight up buy the items without spending real cash..  

You buy the game and you own it.. there is no paid subscription, you can get all unbreakable gathering tools over time through key runs, they give out free gemstone items frequently, gold can be converted to gems.. it's one of the best models for an MMO in the players favour - this is at Anets expense because they aren't generating anywhere near the income they could if they operated like any other MMO. There are many flaws in the system but greed on their part is not one of them. Just my 2 cents.

This guy gets it. The amount of content ANet gives out for free is already insane. Living seasons just for logging in, free convenience items in the store frequently, heck you can play the entire base game without dropping a penny. Every single ‘shiny’ has a path to unlock without ever giving them any money. The player base hosts giveaways all the time for super ‘expensive’ (relatively from an in game currency standpoint) items- gwefficiency has a lottery every month.

no system on this earth is ‘perfect’. But frankly I do get worked up about the entitlement when it comes to this game that has the best and far most generous ‘system’ that I have played with so far. Especially since, once you get to level 80, you can just do a couple world bosses for a week and have enough gold to gear a character from scratch to beginner-raid-ready

thank you to the whales that keep buying gems to fund this game. And seriously- if you enjoy this game? Drop some money on gems and buy yourself a shiny skin. If you don’t? Either stop complaining about the ridiculous amount of free content you already get, or leave 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/11/2021 at 7:11 AM, Strider.7849 said:

Yeah - I am not sure why people took my post as an attack on Anet . 

For those that do not understand sarcasm - I was very much sarcastic through out the whole post lol. 

That being said...

Anet - seriously tho... release the mythic skins... please. PLEASE. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2