Trying to make a decision

I hate to be this guy but I been struggling to make a decision on what to level. So far I got Thief, Necro, Mesmer and a Scrapper. I stop playing thief since deadeye if way too single target and daredevil couldnt understand it. Necro while is tanky is very slow for my likes. Mesmer is somewhat squeashy as soon your clones dissapear and Scrapper while I like the barrier generation the DPS is pretty low. So right now im trying to decide between a soulbeast or spellbreaker. I mostly solo and try to solo champions to help new players, I literally havent touch pvp but willing to in a future so whats your opinion on those classes? Thanks.

Soulbeast (not ranger nor druid) has much higher burst than warrior, necromancer, or daredevil. The advantage to spellbreaker is boon rip.

Daredevil power builds usually run staff , if condi it's often double daggers. Daredevil with a staff has one of the easiest sustained DPS since most of the damage comes from autoattack.

Are you using grenades on scrapper? It is lower DPS than holosmith but still relatively decent burst and sustained DPS. This is especially if you have quickness.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:45 AM, Inugami.1345 said:

I think gonna make a soulbeast while I remake my daredevil. Maybe is becase I didnt knew how it works back then.

Because you can build daredevil in 3 different ways: mobile, durable kiter, heavy-handed cleave machine and sustained condi dps kiter. The entire point of deadeye is that it's extremely high DPS on a single target, with the handicap that is requires a lot of micro-management within fights if targeted.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:45 AM, Inugami.1345 said:

I hate to be this guy but I been struggling to make a decision on what to level. So far I got Thief, Necro, Mesmer and a Scrapper. I stop playing thief since deadeye if way too single target and daredevil couldnt understand it. Necro while is tanky is very slow for my likes. Mesmer is somewhat squeashy as soon your clones dissapear and Scrapper while I like the barrier generation the DPS is pretty low. So right now im trying to decide between a soulbeast or spellbreaker. I mostly solo and try to solo champions to help new players, I literally havent touch pvp but willing to in a future so whats your opinion on those classes? Thanks.

I would suggest trying them all out before making a decision. Make a new character and go to the pvp lobby. You will automatically be scaled to max lvl and have everything unlocked. This way you can try some of the builds and see if you like the gameplay.

I did this mistake a few times, I saw "a cool guy" absolutely crushing with a spec that I don't play. My first thought was "dam, I want to be able to do that". I found the build, tested it out and realised I have absolutely 0 fun playing it. 

^ That. Go test out the builds in the PvP lobby. Figure out what it is you like then play that.

FWIW Re: PvE I've done everything but raids with my warrior. If you build smart you can have pretty great damage and enough evades from MMR and Building Momentum that you shouldn't have too much trouble in the game. Soulbeast does have ridiculous bursts that can be done from 1500 range, which is always nice for survivability.

You'll most likely do fine with either, so take a toon from each into the PvP lobby and take them for a spin before committing. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:45 PM, Inugami.1345 said:

Necro while is tanky is very slow for my likes.

Guess you have not tried Reaper then? (if by "slow" you mean the time it takes to kill an enemy)

And Mesmer is not squishy when you play the right build and learn the mechanics. It does have defensive options.

For the Engineer, I would also recommend Holosmith over Scrapper for higher DPS and really good defense options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

Mirage. The most versatile choice.

Truth.  Mirage is insanely good for champ solos and axe + staff pretty much covers all the bases.  Staff mirage is also the easiest build you can play on any class, even while mesmer in general is not considered an easy class to play.

Not to take anything away from other options like renegade or scourge which are both top tier solo play builds and easy to play while also being meta for group PvE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spie.5024 said:

Most versatile in general or specifically to solo champions?

Most versatile in solo champions = Most versatile in general, as we have not option "Most versatile in killing mobs" )

And yes, I mean Open World PVE including Bounties hunting.

Edited by taara.3217

32 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

Most versatile in solo champions = Most versatile in general, as we have not option "Most versatile in killing mobs" )

And yes, I mean Open World PVE including Bounties hunting.

I see, yeah I also like Mesmer in open world from soloing bounties to Zerg farming with laser greatsword.

it has made me consider picking Mesmer as my main for PvE in general but I’m not sure how they rate in versatility for the instanced or group content! 😅

I did have a Mesmer but did like it much so I go ahead and make the ranger and got it to soulbeast and so far got able to kill champions I never got able to kill so im happy with it. (Slow but hell, a kill is a kill) I mostly play condi and the bleeding is solid and the pet is very reliable so Im sticking with it. Thanks all for the suggestions.