Nerf, Balance or anything?

Agramon.4278

These are the last few weeks of "peace". EoD will drop soon, both old and new specs will need adjustments and reworks, the meta will cease to be for a while. Some (if not most) of you will look back at this 2021 meta as the "good old days when things were more balanced" for quite a while. 
Which is funny because we're stuck in a half-done pvp rebalance cycle, with most stat combos removed and traitlines unplayable with all those placeholder 300 second memes... but with the x-pac release it WILL get worse.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

These are the last few weeks of "peace". EoD will drop soon, both old and new specs will need adjustments and reworks, the meta will cease to be for a while. Some (if not most) of you will look back at this 2021 meta as the "good old days when things were more balanced" for quite a while. 
Which is funny because we're stuck in a half-done pvp rebalance cycle, with most stat combos removed and traitlines unplayable with all those placeholder 300 second memes... but with the x-pac release it WILL get worse.

At least it will be something different. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They've stated that there will be a post EoD profession balance patch in one of their WvW Alliances news updates.

i can't wait for how bad its gonna be. its gonna be epic levels of bad if they haven't made big changes to the unplayable specs. they can nerf, we all know that, but they as of recently can't buff for kitten so every profession is gonna be stuck with something not working or just really lackluster.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i can't wait for how bad its gonna be. its gonna be epic levels of bad if they haven't made big changes to the unplayable specs. they can nerf, we all know that, but they as of recently can't buff for kitten so every profession is gonna be stuck with something not working or just really lackluster.

Sad but true... Maybe Necro and guardian will be nerfed more than the others at least.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Sad but true... Maybe Necro and guardian will be nerfed more than the others at least.

You wish....they will most problably nerf the same 3-4 cats...ele, ranger, warrior and mesmer...with some slaps on the wrist for necro and guardian...rev and engi, thief literally untouched...I will come back to this message to remind you all of this prophecy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Just don't play Warrior. It's not worth it. 

Holding far 2v1 for 10 mins is still the best feeling in the world and super worth it :d

15 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You wish....they will most problably nerf the same 3-4 cats...ele, ranger, warrior and mesmer...with some slaps on the wrist for necro and guardian...rev and engi, thief literally untouched...I will come back to this message to remind you all of this prophecy

why would they nerf warrior and mesmer they're in the bottom tier? Balance isn't in the worst spot, we've seen way worse. It's just sad that they dont at least buff the underdog that aren't even played in AT.

Edited by Guirssane.7082

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

They might nerf nec but they might repeatedly nerf the wrong thing since they have a bad habit of somehow nerfing the wrong thing and doing more harm than good, or they might give no nerfs at all.

8 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

They might nerf nec but they might repeatedly nerf the wrong thing since they have a bad habit of somehow nerfing the wrong thing and doing more harm than good, or they might give no nerfs at all.

So they'll nerf Shroud damage reduction to 25% instead of 33%? I think the rest of us can live with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So they'll nerf Shroud damage reduction to 25% instead of 33%? I think the rest of us can live with that.

I'm more worried about if they decide to nerf lich into the ground o touch life force gen.

On warr they made bad decisions supposedly and created issues and left it as is. if they touch just shroud life force total i'm not worried.

10-15% total life force nerf is fine.

Edited by Axl.8924

EoD or something else they cant fix the pvp anymore thats it. Engineer op, ranger op and those classes can not be fixable anymore. all those superspeeds, defense, barriers, dps everything.. how they gonna fix?

Theirs last solution was barrier and it becomes a more problem. Such a bad decision is adding to barriers in GW2.. You should fire the idea owner immediately!

I dont want or expect any balance thing anymore. Just dont touch it anymore, never! Thats enough

1 hour ago, Agramon.4278 said:

EoD or something else they cant fix the pvp anymore thats it. Engineer op, ranger op and those classes can not be fixable anymore. all those superspeeds, defense, barriers, dps everything.. how they gonna fix?

Theirs last solution was barrier and it becomes a more problem. Such a bad decision is adding to barriers in GW2.. You should fire the idea owner immediately!

I dont want or expect any balance thing anymore. Just dont touch it anymore, never! Thats enough

Yes, make sure whoever made that idea is now jobless because their whole purpose was "yo i got ideeea, barriur"

You people are scum.

What they need to look at is overperforming specs, why are they overperforming and would "nerfing" that overperforming ability put them in a good state or in an unplayable state, or a really dissatisfactory state - where it just doesn't feel good to play that profession.

The entire community agrees that several specs are overperforming in sPvP - that would be Holosmith, Support Guardian, Core Necromancer, Thief (and all its variations) and Power Heralds. Why are they overperforming in sPvP? (besides Support Guardian) - because their kits are overloaded to how bare-bones sPvP is. It is literally a stripped down version of everything the game has to offer, because how sanitized with stats it is - and there's not a lot of build variations, everyone's running the same thing - maybe someone runs a different utility here and there, that Weaver is not running Blink but instead the Barrier pumping stance-thing - wow, the variety is just mind-boggling.

sPvP is played by the LEAST amount of players (mind you, most of these players do not really spend money and ArenaNet graciously never made sPvPers spend money, perhaps some Char Slots and Bag Slots, that's pretty much it), but alas, it is played by the most VOCAL minority since WoW Mythic Raiders (which are also in minority, but reading the forums would make you believe everyone and their dog is playing Mythic runs 15 times a week on 4 alts).

Players like you Agramon, yes - just like you - are the sole reason why sPvP is in such a horrendous position and why most of the playerbase simply ignores it. I would love sPvP to be a proper competitive gamemode, I would love that all the skillful players that ARE playing it have their fun - I would love to see amazing videos of pure outplays, tournaments even of just pure glorious sPvP action. But the cries for nerf this nerf that left the sPvP in this position - because it is such a delicate thing to balance due to the gamemode everyone is forced to play.

If you don't like it, don't play it - that's my motto.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:24 PM, ysnake.3619 said:

Yes, make sure whoever made that idea is now jobless because their whole purpose was "yo i got ideeea, barriur"

You people are scum.

What they need to look at is overperforming specs, why are they overperforming and would "nerfing" that overperforming ability put them in a good state or in an unplayable state, or a really dissatisfactory state - where it just doesn't feel good to play that profession.

The entire community agrees that several specs are overperforming in sPvP - that would be Holosmith, Support Guardian, Core Necromancer, Thief (and all its variations) and Power Heralds. Why are they overperforming in sPvP? (besides Support Guardian) - because their kits are overloaded to how bare-bones sPvP is. It is literally a stripped down version of everything the game has to offer, because how sanitized with stats it is - and there's not a lot of build variations, everyone's running the same thing - maybe someone runs a different utility here and there, that Weaver is not running Blink but instead the Barrier pumping stance-thing - wow, the variety is just mind-boggling.

sPvP is played by the LEAST amount of players (mind you, most of these players do not really spend money and ArenaNet graciously never made sPvPers spend money, perhaps some Char Slots and Bag Slots, that's pretty much it), but alas, it is played by the most VOCAL minority since WoW Mythic Raiders (which are also in minority, but reading the forums would make you believe everyone and their dog is playing Mythic runs 15 times a week on 4 alts).

Players like you Agramon, yes - just like you - are the sole reason why sPvP is in such a horrendous position and why most of the playerbase simply ignores it. I would love sPvP to be a proper competitive gamemode, I would love that all the skillful players that ARE playing it have their fun - I would love to see amazing videos of pure outplays, tournaments even of just pure glorious sPvP action. But the cries for nerf this nerf that left the sPvP in this position - because it is such a delicate thing to balance due to the gamemode everyone is forced to play.

If you don't like it, don't play it - that's my motto.

You really have no idea about PvP. You are just an another fanboy which is like to talk "everything is fine", "love it or leave it"..  You have to discuss, talk and find a way for better experience. Do not afraid to talk or do not try to shut people who wants to talk.

Skillful players and game? Are you serious? GW2 PvP based on pure matchmaking coin flip like all any other gamemodes, RNG! There are only a few better players than me like Boyce and Zan but i'm tying to survive and keep my mind health in plat. They have 50+ losses. Yes skillful, so much...

Core Necromancer, Holosmith and Core Guardian really. It looks like gold 2-3 is your top tier to hitted.

Let me tell you which classes are OP and all of these classes are based on 'Barrier' gameplay.

- Ranger. All specs

- Weaver. Pain on your close with heavy condi pressure

- Scrapper. Permanently spams quickness, might, superspeed, stability and heavy dps.

- Scourge. Heavy AoE condi, cc, support

And about your motto : 'If you don't like it, don't play it - that's my motto'. Let me give you an example about your motto from my sight. I disgust people like you but i can't get rid of you..

Me and people like me loves to GW2. Not just the game we loves support too and some Anets employees. I am playing this game since betas. And i wanna see GW2 better and better every single day. Because this game deserves everythings better! And less people like you!

Edited by Agramon.4278
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@Agramon.4278 

I would also say that herald and daredevil are also broken. Damage (Herald) and in terms of surviveability with too mutch unblockable cc spam (thief). And no I am not just a random im actually a high p2 warrior (like 70% of games), thief (like 20% of games), Ranger (the actually rest) Player.