what Dragon Legendary are you going to make ?

I'll probably make a greatsword, being as I use greatsword a lot on my guardian, and mesmer. As for which dragon, it depends on my character's theme. For my guardian, he has a very dark theme (because I didn't want to go with the cliché light theme of a guardian), and so the Zhaitan variant will match his look perfectly. As for my mesmer, he's more of a branded theme, so I supposed I'll go with the Kralkatorrik variant for him, and change the dye colours accordingly to match.

None. Why bother with super overprized gemstore skins?

Maybe, if "the journey" is done well, I'll do one for the experience of doing it, but otherwise these "legendaries" don't appeal to me. Had they done underwater weapons as well, I would have crafted the speargun to have all weapon types as legendaries without crafting Frenzy, but alas, ANet has abandoned that content as well, so again, why bother.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

Axe. I use it on 6 of my 9 characters. I hope to make every dragon variation to customize it per character.

This’ll be my first legendary weapon. GW2Efficiency tells me I have enough materials at present to craft Frostfang, and I'm 100g shy of Astralaria, so I hope that means I’ve got a good base to do the EOD one, recognizing there will likely be EOD specific mats and achievements to do.

Kralk - Condi Renegade (Purple!)

Primordus - Firebrand and Spellbreaker

Aurene - Mirage and Necromancer (my necro is ironically dressed in the frilliest pink with gold moon backpack sparkles and the only character on which  I show the leggie amulet rainbow effect)

Mordremoth -  Soulbeast

Edited by Gibson.4036

It depends if its just a skin or maybe each dragon line has a special attribute.

Being legendary quality, the stats are going to be the same as other legendries.  However where they can absolutely differentiate if the dragon legendaries can equip unique sigils..

• Confused 7

25 minutes ago, piitb.7635 said:

It depends if its just a skin or maybe each dragon line has a special attribute.

Being legendary quality, the stats are going to be the same as other legendries.  However where they can absolutely differentiate if the dragon legendaries can equip unique sigils..

My understanding is that it's all the same legendary, just "attuned" to each dragon's energy. The base Aurene version is "prismatic", which means it contains all the colors/energies of all the dragons, and you can do a quest to attune it to one of the dead elder dragons to make it look and have the effects of the others.

• Like 2

It entirely depends on whether or not the weapons in question have both matching projectile visuals and matching projectile sound effects (the shortbow they showcased in the last dev stream only had matching projectile visuals) but assuming they have both:

The pistol, the rifle and maybe the scepter with priority on the pistol.

7 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

None I have not done the return to stuff I simply dont have the time in my play schedule. 

You know your schedule, so I'm not attempting to talk you out of it, but I am curious if you've overestimated how much time the return events take.

I'm a dedicated but casual player compared to many, but I completed it. Each week's meta-achievement took me a 2-3 hour session to knock out, sometimes followed up by another 1 hour session or so.

One thing to note is that you don't have to do the entire story. If you've already completed a chapter, there are specific instances that are needed, and you can skip a lot of the story instances and running around the world in between. You just head to the purple star for the one you need, in any order. There are also several multi-part missions that span different instances, and I found you get credit if you only do the last instance of that mission.

Finally, to get the precursor, you only have to get to tier 2 in the Season of Dragons meta-achievement. That means you only have to complete 10 of the 23 weeks of Living world Return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 9:51 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

You know your schedule, so I'm not attempting to talk you out of it, but I am curious if you've overestimated how much time the return events take.

I'm a dedicated but casual player compared to many, but I completed it. Each week's meta-achievement took me a 2-3 hour session to knock out, sometimes followed up by another 1 hour session or so.

One thing to note is that you don't have to do the entire story. If you've already completed a chapter, there are specific instances that are needed, and you can skip a lot of the story instances and running around the world in between. You just head to the purple star for the one you need, in any order. There are also several multi-part missions that span different instances, and I found you get credit if you only do the last instance of that mission.

Finally, to get the precursor, you only have to get to tier 2 in the Season of Dragons meta-achievement. That means you only have to complete 10 of the 23 weeks of Living world Return.

Well by the time i log in do a wing or two, and the fract daily's my time is up. So I dont have time to do them, I mean you are talking meta event completions that some of the zones require 10  or 20 map events completed, then there are all the story parts that just slog on. So no I dont have time I log in get my group guilds  activities done and its off to bed. I see plenty of people that can play this game all day or all night, but I cant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Well by the time i log in do a wing or two, and the fract daily's my time is up. So I dont have time to do them, I mean you are talking meta event completions that some of the zones require 10  or 20 map events completed, then there are all the story parts that just slog on. So no I dont have time I log in get my group guilds  activities done and its off to bed. I see plenty of people that can play this game all day or all night, but I cant.

Ah, okay. All your time goes to raids and fractals.

Just wanted to make sure you didn’t think the return events would take long hours in and of themselves.