After Alliances, Anet said they will work on Rewards. what do they mean?

Ausar.9542

On 1/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

So after the dawn of Alliances finally hit, ANet said they will be working on the reward system in WvW. I am curious as to what they mean.

They mean that in around year 2035 they will start to work on something else that might get finished  and released in 2047. Is it really that important what exactly it is?

When they delete the worlds they also delete the option to make a good reward system. Good in terms of: getting rewards based on achievements (aka defending keeps, constructing waypoints etc). Because that would consequently mean you are forced to join an alliance and blob a specific time zone. Absolutely terrible design imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

When they delete the worlds they also delete the option to make a good reward system. Good in terms of: getting rewards based on achievements (aka defending keeps, constructing waypoints etc). Because that would consequently mean you are forced to join an alliance and blob a specific time zone. Absolutely terrible design imo.

That make literally no sense but ok.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

Because?

Team A as a bunch of random players, Team B comes with an Alliance blob of 50 organized ppl. Who gets the rewards? 😏

Are you implying that if a 50 man organised zerg attack you in current WvW you're not "forced" to bring your own 50 man to match them?

Because if thats the case then this must mean the randoms can beat them just fine and reap all the rewards. So there you go.

Otherwise your argument mean absolutely nothing since world restructuring has the same design as current WvW.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It would be nice to see some sort of pure gold reward, much like PvP has. I don't play the PvP gamemode, but the other day I saw how much pure gold they make every week and I thought to myself, man, I'm playing the wrong game mode for rewards!! But I much prefer WvW > PvP, so I don't think I could get into it, as it's more in the pro-league sort of thing.

I hope one day there'll be something like a black lion key or black lion statuettes, etc. in a repeatable reward track.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

Finally Anet is in touch with its community! 🥰

They even use our memes now!

Forum: When are you gonna rework rewards?   ANET: rEwarD rEwOrkS aRe COmiNg aFtEr wE relEasE AlLIanCeS! 😂

Oh that's a good point, then I wonder why they still decided to remove outnumbered pips before releasing alliances. Cause sure that would have made sense to only have happened after the thing that was supposed to stop outnumbered being a thing.. released. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From today's "ArenaNet Studio Update: June 2022" notes:

"Strike Mission rewards have been an ongoing topic of community discussion since the release of Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, and—wouldn’t you know it—we’ve been listening. "

So now we have confirmation that they listen, just not to WvWers...

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Sad 3

On 1/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

So after the dawn of Alliances finally hit, ANet said they will be working on the reward system in WvW. I am curious as to what they mean.

Are they talking about the Reward Track system?

talking about the way players gain Participation?          

Talking about the Rate of gaining rewards?

or something else altogether?

We don't know.

Ideas that have been thrown out there range from server rewards, end of week rewards, personal rewards, more self driven reward, more reward tracks, bonus reward bounties, new guild missions, reimaged missions, more objective based tasks, weekly missions. Things that bring more items that players will want to come into WvW to get. So that ranges from WvW only items, cosmetics, skins, items that help WvW player play the mode as in more materials and resources to help them play the game mode like banner supplies, siege supplies, more uses for WvW currencies. Been all over the board. Hence they we don't know bit.

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

We don't know.

Ideas that have been thrown out there range from server rewards, end of week rewards, personal rewards, more self driven reward, more reward tracks, bonus reward bounties, new guild missions, reimaged missions, more objective based tasks, weekly missions. Things that bring more items that players will want to come into WvW to get. So that ranges from WvW only items, cosmetics, skins, items that help WvW player play the mode as in more materials and resources to help them play the game mode like banner supplies, siege supplies, more uses for WvW currencies. Been all over the board. Hence they we don't know bit.

What do you mean, we know what the rewards for WvW players are.

Boons.

Many more boons.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

From today's "ArenaNet Studio Update: June 2022" notes:

"Strike Mission rewards have been an ongoing topic of community discussion since the release of Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, and—wouldn’t you know it—we’ve been listening. "

So now we have confirmation that they listen, just not to WvWers...

And yet, considering my sig, Do we really ever believe them anymore about anything? So far over the past year I've only seen them ignore  a years worth of feedback with all game aspects, only doing the tell part of show don't tell. They seem to be excellent liars.