Oi why do you have to kitten over fractals to incentivise other content?

zealex.9410

The reward for sweating our brains off in Fractal CMs is now removal of Mystic coins and technically doubling the price of Clovers. You need 77 Mystic Clovers true, but you need 250+ just to craft all those Clovers and Mystic Tribute. Now Mystic Coin source is just Legendary Ley Line anomaly, Daily Mystic forger, Daily logins and the PvP tournaments. Very sad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis Ghost.5782 said:

The reward for sweating our brains off in Fractal CMs is now removal of Mystic coins and technically doubling the price of Clovers. You need 77 Mystic Clovers true, but you need 250+ just to craft all those Clovers and Mystic Tribute. Now Mystic Coin source is just Legendary Ley Line anomaly, Daily Mystic forger, Daily logins and the PvP tournaments. Very sad.

Rn you can buy 14 from fractals for 14 mcs and a bunch of other stuff. In eod it will be 25 clovers for 50 mc and a bunch of other stuff so around 155ish mystic coins  in 3 weeks along the other materials and currencies also needed.

Edited by zealex.9410

Hmm bit a weird change honestly I didn't have the time to play CMs enough to learn it. I guess maybe they predict with the new elite comming out CMs will become alot easier.

If that is the case I would still see them being valuable since they can take less or equivalent time to complete and have better rewards. 

8 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

Title, fractals and specificly cms werent too rewarding, they were rewarding enough to where ppl gave a kitten about doin them as opposed to raids and strikes. Instead of going "hey, how can we buff those other alternatives" you instead nerfed fractal rewards in 3 different ways and gave slightly fewer rewards to whoever does all 3 modes (and im not even sure if its an overallbuff considering how you rebalanced stuff).

You no longer get coins from cms, now you get 4 less clovers per week and they now cost double the coins? Coins you cant even get from the content, ARE YOU FOR REAL?

You are basicly doing a dungeon to fractals transition all over again where instead of buffing the alternative you instead gut the popular content.

Hell if someone has all the legendaries they would want now its even less rewarding for them to do fractals and the the raid clovers are flat out useless to them.

What the kitten.

Frtacl full run with CMs is 35-40 gold/hours it is one of the most rewarding things WITHOUT MC.

This seems like an awful change that is going to dramatically increase the price of mystic coins.  If anything you should be increasing the rewards for high end content and actually supporting it with development resources.  If you felt they were too rewarding for how easy they are to complete (i.e. too many people are farming them for "easy" mystic coins) perhaps the appropriate thing to do would have been to balance your freakin' game so that every group isn't facerolling through them with the same 3 stupidly overtuned classes?

Really losing faith in the design direction here.  You guys had better get it right with these strikes and the summer balance patch.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I think maybe the daily cm chests will still give mystic coins, just not individual boss chests? That said if that were the case they communicated this very very very poorly.

As it stands this announcement has erased the drop in mystic coin prices from the icebrood saga bags in the BLC. We're back over two gold when it looked like we might go into EoD with prices as low as 1.70. I can maybe understand reducing the MCs with Fractal CMs but they didn't really replace it with another source about as good or even multiple new sources. So I could see mystic coins hitting a high 3 gold after launch if people rush to make the new weapons.

• Thanks 2

On 2/12/2022 at 12:59 AM, Henrik.7560 said:

There is literally no reason to do fractal CMs after this update. The coins were the only incentive to make them worthwhile other than getting the achievements/titles.. Now you're better off just doing tier 4s and recs for money. Let's remove the rewards for challenging content, and force us to do braindead casual content to get money. Ah yes. Lets punish people that take time to learn mechanics and rotations and actually be good at the game. And then, lets increase the cost in which clovers are bought from fractal vendors, because lets make the price go even higher! How dare the mystic coin price drop below 2g. HOW DARE IT.

It happens to be awfully convenient that a free new MMO was just released this week.

Anet lowkey helping Lost Ark's player retention with one simple update 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Well this MMO you mean I think it ends up like all Asian grinders first pushed then drowned in p2w and being milked try by Gameforge . Well it is true that cms only extra besides skins were the coins but I saw it coming that Arean.NET will try it with force after they realized how much the community don't like the Strike Mission .

We are really close to the path they done for the dungeons but now for fractals.

I'm already in another game sure I will play the add-on . I know gw2 had a lot of nice profit numbers for NCsoft but they were all thanks to the pre sales of EoD when we are a month after the release the numbers will tanks so heavy I'm relative sure .

Because whatever we ask about the future of the game we don't get answers, we don't get bug fixes, we don't get fixes for the balance you have to go really to the super cheap MMOs to get such results atm.

I mean the MMO I play is only 2 years younger then Gw2 but the last patch a couple of days ago which came with a new story mission had 80 bugfixes for existent problems in the game . .... Gw2 patches since the last 2 years only things which are fresh broken.

For Gw2 I payed for the add-on and this other is an f2p MMO so this really hard to comprehend

If the player base didn't like strikes then it would be crazy for them to release more and force it on us. It might very well be that high end players don't like them, but that's what the CMs are supposed to be for. I certainly hope your first paragraph here is false. 

That being said, the incentive for fractal cms is now abysmally low. Fracts will stay dailies and recs for extra gold. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm really glad I decided to get full legendary armor and jewelry before the expansion dropped.  Personally, I'm more upset that the game is going toward mirror comp for strikes and raids.  

Not to mention that raids will get alot harder with this. Losing strong raid buffs from druid and warrior is massive. Then you're losing extra dps to boons. 

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

That being said, the incentive for fractal cms is now abysmally low. Fracts will stay dailies and recs for extra gold

I mean you still get quite a bit of value out of CMs, but to say that fractals are anything more than money source for player base is weird too

11 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

If the player base didn't like strikes then it would be crazy for them to release more and force it on us. It might very well be that high end players don't like them, but that's what the CMs are supposed to be for. I certainly hope your first paragraph here is false. 

That being said, the incentive for fractal cms is now abysmally low. Fracts will stay dailies and recs for extra gold. 

For fractal cms it depends on how it works for everything else for me it was never much about the MCs . The point it you have always one of the CMs as daily so I did the others for a few more relicts and more of the Kps .

How this goes from here also depends if Arena.NET thought about how they want to change the balance if they further balance in a manner just nerf without replacement(buff/changes to other builds) this will go spice because some stuff is really hard to replace.

About the other MMO it always depends how aggressive the monetization is and if it can find audience despite being so grindy. This where 99% of all asian MMOs fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:14 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Frtacl full run with CMs is 35-40 gold/hours it is one of the most rewarding things WITHOUT MC.

Most people do CMs once a day for the MCs and T4s also once a day. But people can semi-AFK braindead farming Drizzlewood for hours for much more g/h than that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

This seems like an awful change that is going to dramatically increase the price of mystic coins.  If anything you should be increasing the rewards for high end content and actually supporting it with development resources.  If you felt they were too rewarding for how easy they are to complete (i.e. too many people are farming them for "easy" mystic coins) perhaps the appropriate thing to do would have been to balance your freakin' game so that every group isn't facerolling through them with the same 3 stupidly overtuned classes?

Really losing faith in the design direction here.  You guys had better get it right with these strikes and the summer balance patch.

"93% of Mystic Coins come from login rewards. The remaining 7% includes Ley Line Anomaly, WvW Gold/Platinum chests, fractal daily chests, Mystic Forger daily mission, and fractal Challenge Modes. Fractal Challenge Modes are one of the smaller sources. They’re not played as much relative to other sources because the content is very difficult and exclusive."

Yeah, everyone takes advantage of how easy they are to complete. - I'm just sarcastic, totally agree with you.

• Confused 1