2/28 PvP Balance

Cal Cohen.2358

On 2/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Lowkey expecting this to be another batch of "unfinished" changes.

At least no warrior nerf!!! 🎉🥵

Don't worry all of these changes are "temporary". They'll only last at a minimum of 4 years.

Also warrior isn't even a profession it's a cosplay of a profession at this point.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

On 2/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Cal Cohen.2358 said:

but for a follow-up patch we’re also investigating some buffs to support warrior. Additionally, we’ve started some investigation into what other specializations have the potential to fit into the support role, but for the short term we’re prioritizing tempest and warrior as both of those have been the premier support build in previous metas and feel the closest to competing with guardian.

Why is the team obssessed with support Warriors and tactics? There's already a traitline called Arms that's literally trash. That's not hyperbole it's just unusable.  Like handing out a kill unusable. Why even worry about tactics, a traitline that's already very good, instead of literally trash.

Or maybe stances; Is Last Stand still just a "temporary fix"? Because this happened years ago now and definitely is putting strain on the word 'temporary'.

Balance Stance is has a 60 second cd in PvP, try finding a player using it. It's like playing Where's Waldo.

Berserker's Stance- literally one of the core Warrior's best stances back in the day- is literally, in every sense of the word, trash.

It has no value for a skill slot, none. Zero. There's never any reason to take it. Also in that same vein Featherfoot Grace, same thing.

You must know that Warrior isn't being played right? You have the statistics. So either this is a huge elephant in the room and you're team is ignoring it to no end, or you are aware of it and are planning to address it behind the scenes. 

Just please communicate with the Warrior community about this. Something, anything that isn't only a banner sl*ve rework is desperately needed for Warrior to succeed in anything not related to Shout sl*ve Warrior specs outside of PvE. 

All of the best Warrior players I know, all of them, over the course of these almost 10 years, have either rerolled or left. 

Please give this attention

Edited by gmmg.9210
idk
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Loke.1429 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358@Josh Davis.7865Is wvw balance such a joke/headache that it doesnt even get considered with this? wvw stealth is atrocious rn and has been for far too long. Regular balance cadence orly

WvW stealh only is atrocious in conquered zones, in enemy areas thief is constatly inveiled by towers or guards... making him super vulnerable

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

WvW stealh only is atrocious in conquered zones, in enemy areas thief is constatly inveiled by towers or guards... making him super vulnerable

not constantly at all in my experience. How do you explain having to run after permastealther for ages inside your keep

• Confused 1

I hate having the feeling of always thinking this game mode is too restrictive. I agree with the nerfs but yeah it does ruin the fun factor to a lot of people and when they rework skills it kinda ruined my fun factor in this game. I would want more options like picking how old skills worked or being able to change how those permanent traits work some of the trait lines just suck cause those minor traits that are permanent just gives you endurance energy which I don't need

On 2/18/2022 at 1:49 PM, Cal Cohen.2358 said:

in addition to bringing new elite specializations, the End of Dragons release will include a handful of PvP balance changes that we want to cover today

Hi Anet,

Been with you guys literally since launch of this game. Read the post. I've watched the forums for awhile to see what you guys will do with pvp after a long era of silence regarding pvp.

Why has balancing become about removal? In your post the word reduced is used 14 times. "Increased sections" largely consist of Cooldowns being increased on classes.

Why has balance become synonymous with removing areas of the game or increasing cool downs to the point of things no longer being useable in a game that requires reactive situational game play. Between our ammys and runes and sigils there is almost nothing left as far as build options go opposed to what we once had. Creating opportunities for players to create new builds and adding things to this area of the game and developing its content is what I would like to request. It feels to me like the mindset surrounding our game mode for years has been to shrink it. Please develop this game mode.

Thanks for reading. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Hi Anet,

Been with you guys literally since launch of this game. Read the post. I've watched the forums for awhile to see what you guys will do with pvp after a long era of silence regarding pvp.

Why has balancing become about removal? In your post the word reduced is used 14 times. "Increased sections" largely consist of Cooldowns being increased on classes.

Why has balance become synonymous with removing areas of the game or increasing cool downs to the point of things no longer being useable in a game that requires reactive situational game play. Between our ammys and runes and sigils there is almost nothing left as far as build options go opposed to what we once had. Creating opportunities for players to create new builds and adding things to this area of the game and developing its content is what I would like to request. It feels to me like the mindset surrounding our game mode for years has been to shrink it. Please develop this game mode.

Thanks for reading. 

This^ last few yrs due to anet being constantly bombarded with nerf threads and the word powercrept being constantly thrown at them gw2 balance has literally became only about reductions and removals whether effecting traits or weapons ultimately vastly reducing build diversity among the classes, furthermore this has made a large amount of classes less fun to play, the opposite should be the goal of these devs. It's no wonder the games in the state its in, wake up devs.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Hi Anet,

Thanks for reading. 

Because in all honesty , there are some things in game which should not exist, literally there are some gameplay options where the player is not really incentivized to learn how to dodge or evade attacks, literally the player grows accustomed of walking in a straight line eating all sources of damage....that can't be good sorry, in some other instances people can get away with errors without any end in sight, be it with extreme mobility or high stealth uptime . PoF elites were really powercrept to high heavens and it makes sense now that we bring the ceiling down

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 9:13 AM, grx.8714 said:

Let's be glad at least they are listening the common pvp, necro issue, guard sup as the only sup, flametrasher 1 button spammer, thief shadow arts problems (let's be honest, a good thief if doesn't wanna die in a match he can do it), finally they are taking steps in the right direction.

I know it hurts when your main gets nerfed, but deal with it, till now you abused some overtuned mechanic, now pay the price.

I love playing flamethrower scrapper, because its just fun. And even tho they nerfed it, im playing one game per day, winning that and never playing pvp for that day xD 

If you wanted to sell the new specs, you missed a few. I honestly am in shock that willbender is not broken OP. It literally should be the most broken spec on release, and instead it is DOA, pretty much like renegade was. Now, don't forget that later down the road, renegade became something to cry about, but does that really need to take 2 years? My suggestion is to triple the power and flame damage on the willbender flames.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3