Forced Engagement nerf. But Why?

Knighthonor.4061

2 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

What is going on. Why nerf this already weak skill? It was buffed, and now it's bad again.  It's not like we can just replace it with a different skill.

I think the fact they nerfed it in 3 areas is the most ridiculous part.  There was no need to do all 3 nerfs.  They made the skill more jank to use (requiring facing), reduced its bonus effect, and then nerfed the range in half???  Personally I think the first two nerfs are fair, but the 1200 range nerf should be reverted honestly

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I don't known now how I could counter necro with Renebow. Scorchrazor was already limited to 900 range, so landing Forced Engagement was an absolute MUST to try to combo vs Necros, due all of their Marks and most of their most dangerous cc's and attacks came from a 1200 range. Yes, their sustain and damage is now lower, but what I fear from necros isn't their raw damage nor their tankiness in shroud, but their perma-fear and perma-chilling and other disabling ccs.

Having to reach 600 range to use Forced Engagement is absolute garbage and entirely disables the functionality of the ranged build. And let's be honest: there's no mele Revenant build in the universe using Jalis in PvP or roaming. The change also doesn't enhances Vindicator at all, since is not a viable class for PvP/roaming...

Rev just went from two competitive builds to one and half...

• Like 9

It was practical on thieves too as they are often at a distance, now this skill is almost useless when it was already slow, and if we start again on skill 2 of the hammer it is worse and worse... . serious.

And without taking into account the so-called legend bug with the rune. Strangely this level I do not see anything on the fact that the elements of the elementalist it is not changed nor on the engineer with these kits ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

This nerf makes no sense, you're forcing players to cheese even more with the skill up close since it always had poor telling.

Literally what makes this skill OP is Taunt being the broken mess that it is with stunbreaks, not the range. The aoe was nerf? Understandable, remove the only thing that made the skill since it's release? No, I've always used Jalis even before the buff and it was fine at a single target, having an AoE was welcomed but not at the cost of losing range which being in place helps alleviate the jank of limited range skills.

Meanwhile Ranger gets to keep the buggy longbow range of 1800! Quite fair. Let's remove legend swap sigils while at it, totally a bug and not feature design due to the Revenant not having weapon swap at release.

Yeah Mallyx? What's Mallyx. Never heard of it. Kalla? Ever heard of a proper healing skill? Me neither, fixing Herald the blindness bug range but not reveal application? Yeah go for it. What dumpster fire, I haven't played seriously in a while, this might be a turning point for me to ever consider handing money considering the poor handling of the content.

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

This nerf makes no sense, you're forcing players to cheese even more with the skill up close since it always had poor telling.

Literally what makes this skill OP is Taunt being the broken mess that it is with stunbreaks, not the range. The aoe was nerf? Understandable, remove the only thing that made the skill since it's release? No, I've always used Jalis even before the buff and it was fine at a single target, having an AoE was welcomed but not at the cost of losing range which being in place helps alleviate the jank of limited range skills.

Meanwhile Ranger gets to keep the buggy longbow range of 1800! Quite fair. Let's remove legend swap sigils while at it, totally a bug and not feature design due to the Revenant not having weapon swap at release.

Yeah Mallyx? What's Mallyx. Never heard of it. Kalla? Ever heard of a proper healing skill? Me neither, fixing Herald the blindness bug range but not reveal application? Yeah go for it. What dumpster fire, I haven't played seriously in a while, this might be a turning point for me to ever consider handing money considering the poor handling of the content.

I'm at this point now too, honestly.  These changes are a dumpster fire, and not even just for revenant.  Many of the changes lately are just very out of touch

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Jalis ate nerf so Alliance can look like more attractive choice. Gotta force buying xpac somehow by nerfing everything else playable. Its not first time they did it anyway

But Alliance is worse than Mallyx, which after the stacked nerfs is in a very bad spot since provides almost no sustain ant it energy cost are insane on the look of how barely deals any damage (outside activating the elite, which drains your energy in a pace which roots you in auto attacks!).

4 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

But Alliance is worse than Mallyx, which after the stacked nerfs is in a very bad spot since provides almost no sustain ant it energy cost are insane on the look of how barely deals any damage (outside activating the elite, which drains your energy in a pace which roots you in auto attacks!).

What Mallyx? insert meme. Mallyx was trash in pvp but usable in pve due to torment runes. Now Mallyx can be deleted for all i care. While were at it delete Ventari as well. Another trash. Im honestly not sure whats there left to enjoy out of revenant. Whole diff class since launch in 2015. Muh energy management while also being cockblocked by cooldowns for some reason. Muh bundle skills to make em easier to balance (f.. lol). Guess ima ask to get  a refund for all the gems i spent on this trash buggy excuse of a class. So many limitations for no reward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

What Mallyx? insert meme. Mallyx was trash in pvp but usable in pve due to torment runes. Now Mallyx can be deleted for all i care. While were at it delete Ventari as well. Another trash. Im honestly not sure whats there left to enjoy out of revenant. Whole diff class since launch in 2015. Muh energy management while also being cockblocked by cooldowns for some reason. Muh bundle skills to make em easier to balance (f.. lol). Guess ima ask to get  a refund for all the gems i spent on this trash buggy excuse of a class. So many limitations for no reward.

I entirely agree. I play Mallyx only in PvE, but most of my time is spent in PvP and WvW running either power Herald or power or condi Renegade builds, with  none of them using Vebtari or Mallyx. And yes, I also miss the early days in which the Revenant was a fast paced class with quickness access, lower energy costs, high damage and skills and weapon attacks which weren't crippled with roots, huge casting animations of attacks which deal no damage or useless weapons.

• Like 3

If that was the case he would have just done it in PvP whereas this is a general case where I don't even know what the use of nerfing this skill is. The funny thing is that this skill is mainly used for CC in PvE, and eventually interrupts in PvP when it is not blocked. Knowing that the zone I already found it not very big.

If they do this to value the alliance, we don't have to worry because it should never be nerfed XD

Especially with the feedback from the players, the proposals from the community, well almost nothing has been listened to it's sad.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1

This was not to promote vindicator. The jalis change was mostly a WvW thing but the requirement to face the target is a mechanical change and those changes always affect all game modes.

Herald facets down to 5 man is sad but was announced. All skills got reduced to 5 man except banners and spirits until their rework.

1 hour ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

This was not to promote vindicator. The jalis change was mostly a WvW thing but the requirement to face the target is a mechanical change and those changes always affect all game modes.

Herald facets down to 5 man is sad but was announced. All skills got reduced to 5 man except banners and spirits until their rework.

what was OP about the taunt in WvW?

It got buffed originally with the AoE because of how useless it was since it was a single target skil that would often miss/block/immune and has a mid length cooldown, making it useless.  Now they nerfed the range and AoE of it. The Taunt doesnt change.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Mallyx in pvp is very much a strong condition/cc build, even still with the targeted nerfs the past year. Personally, I've been a fan of the shift away from its bunker variations to being more cc-focused, particularly with the torment change. It alienates meta bandwagoners and validates damage onto the crazy amount of cc crev can bring. Energy management on Mallyx is a valid concern, but I think that Mallyx above all other legends should be the one with the highest energy costs, for how impactful their skills can be (granted the stunbreak is rather lackluster). Only thing I'd really want changed is a way to deal with poison and a Corruption-specific empowered resolution trait. Critically its a 6/10 build, but can comfortably sit at 8/10 with a lot of practice.

tho i can empathize with continued nerfs to other core legends, as it forces more rigidity onto arguably the most rigid class there is.

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally with the nerf on this skill, the zone would have surely been enough, it's a control skill that doesn't do much damage. Moreover it has a 15s CD and you can't even use it as a grapple that the thief has in 2 copies, nor as the necro's grapple or even the guard's one. Not to mention the mesmer's focus skill which has a radius of 600 to attract people with a range of 900. So frankly we are far from these skills. And to finish, it destroys again the legend on a class that can't choose its skills just the legends that are destroyed one by one....

• Like 4

On 2/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, Angesombre.4630 said:

It's not the special that I'm going to change, it's the class, because it's getting worse and worse for a class that I had a crush on and that gets demolished with each patch...

You should ask Warrior mains from launch how they feel about their class.  People still say Warrior is fine while others go further and say it is in a good spot.  Warrior has been trash for a very long time.  It is only included in content for banners while a Revenant could easily out dps them with sword auto attacks. 

But I do agree, Revenant is heading down the same road as Warrior. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Vanthian.9267 said:

You should ask Warrior mains from launch how they feel about their class.  People still say Warrior is fine while others go further and say it is in a good spot.  Warrior has been trash for a very long time.  It is only included in content for banners while a Revenant could easily out dps them with sword auto attacks. 

But I do agree, Revenant is heading down the same road as Warrior. 

Sword auto revenant does not out-dps full dps power or condition warrior....Nor does it come close...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Because it was OP af in spvp. You just casted in from distance and basically had whole enemy team cc'd in a mid point fight. All that for price of ranged utility skill.

Except it wasn't, last AT there wasn't any renegade at all and renegade is unreliable in ranked since it is so susceptible to being focused.

If anything a more reasonable nerf (wich wasn't needed) would've been to reduce the aoe part, but not the range

• Like 5