New Map Empty For New Expansion I Am Sad

It feels like their "map closing due to low population" tech is bugged for the new maps, and instances with only a handful of people left are just staying up instead of getting spun down... which is either 1. a bug or 2. an overcorrection, and doesn't mean the game is dead and the expac has failed, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikansei.5742 said:

It feels like their "map closing due to low population" tech is bugged for the new maps, and instances with only a handful of people left are just staying up instead of getting spun down... which is either 1. a bug or 2. an overcorrection, and doesn't mean the game is dead and the expac has failed, lol.

i for one am not saying the xpac has failed im talking about the player population which i think most people are talking about

• Like 1

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed with it actually. I don't mind. I would just appreciate it if the events and meta's scaled to the active participatory player size. Trying to beat the baby leviathan with only 10 IS a challenge especially when half are dead. Though comical to see them in the back of the throat about to be regurgitated

We've only had about  5 hours of play at it so far so I'm still holding out for what is to come. I'm sure many binged the story and "click next" through it. We'll go our usual pace and wont be burnt out and crying for more like the res will be. When the rabbit is sleeping the turtle is winning!

• Thanks 1

the more i play the less i care, i dont even recognize this game

my classes got nerfed, my runes got destroyed, DMV simulator and Simon says mini games everywhere?? what is this?

there is SO much political bs in the second area, and im sorry but hearing the sob story of a certain someone with my character

going along with it, WHAT?

ok so ill try the events, they look promising and they are everywhere, awesome, but where is everyone?

core tyria has more players right now, whatever it is phasing, population, or just too many people over it events are not happening without groups

so i go check twitch and theres less viewers and streamer choice than last week on day 2! half the "arenanet bros" are already streaming their old games and moved on, in 24 hours? the loyalists look exhausted with all the confusion with people logging in to WEAKER characters on the first day of an expansion

i wanted so bad to like this, i was rooting for Anet so hard ive tried to stay positive but at the end of the day if i stick it out all i have to look forward to is trying to put 10 player groups together because apparently 5 man content is just NOT in the vision for the game . and ridiculously over tuned metas.

and to hide all this in the patch notes that are not released until the VERY last possible second to ensure EVERY last unreturnable preorder is just despicable, 2 years of waiting through a pandemic to pull that kind of bait and switch erases ANY sympathy I have for the team.

Im a Wildstar survivor, i know where these numbers lead when you are owned by NCsoft.

I wanted to fall back in love and got shafted and lied to instead, good riddance.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Lfg got large numbers for leviathan so it sounds like an issue of too many instanced maps

My thoughts too.

When I was playing last night (almost all night) a good few times I had popups to move to more populated maps so there are definitely a lot of people playing, they're just spread out on a lot of maps.

The chat being dead makes sense as well, I would bet most people have it disabled cause of spoilers.
I certainly have had it that way for the most part.

I only need to open my map during active times and see how many guild mates I can see on all the EoD maps to know these maps are absolutely populated lol

• Thanks 2

I think other factors are in play as well. This launch has been marred by specialization balancing issues (or rather the lack thereof) and affected the morale.  They called up on us to join betas and what not, then went on launch keeping the same beta designs with minimal changes despite months of concerns being voiced by the players regarding the lackluster specializations.  Not only that, they didn't even post any note regarding said changes, possibly out of concern that  people being outraged of their insistence of keeping beta designs.   

Now let say they needed more time to look at the skills and things, they could have simply post the current change note and mention more changes coming in a month or so.  No, no words at all.  The communication strategy is just not there. 

Now they mentioned a "big balance change " in the summer.  Great, we have to play with broken toys for almost half a year.  No wonder the maps are empty.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So many people in this thread claiming their unique grievance with the game is the reason why they're seeing empty maps even though LFG is lit. "Anet didn't fix my characters traits, that's why people are leaving this game in droves!!"

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, mikansei.5742 said:

You know what you are right I have not seen the icon to switch maps at all since EoD launched.  But with most maps at 5-10 players it makes alot of the events impossible to complete.

Hopefully we see a fix for this over the next few days. But I got to say these maps are gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1